Beyoncé's Be Alive fails to chart on the BBH100

BadMonster96

It appears the hive are coming in here trying to control the narrative.

Bottom line is like many other flops, this song failed to chart and people are going to have their kiis.

I'm trying to figure out when people lost interest even to get it one week on the chart...I feel as though the joint album with her husband after Lemonade was that moment because at least curiosity streams/sales were expected. 

At least the song is for a good project.:clap3:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• Dreajae

• Mystic Boy

• fauxtography

3 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

But I was told soundtracks were easier to become a hit, what happened, beyhive? 

When did the BeyHive, as a group, claim this?

Let's not pretend as if Beyoncé did everything she could to make it a hit and it still didn't chart, nor that a soundtrack single not charting is some glaring flop.

Everyone from Britney to Gaga to Katy to Taylor to Ariana to Nicki and more has had at least one soundtrack single not chart on the Billboard Hot 100, many of which had proper promotion and/or music videos.

Edited by swissman

3 hours ago, Beyonnaise said:

Wow I bet Columbia will drop her over this!

I’m afraid they will. They’re going to bring up BadMonster96’s thread as part of the reason for her contract termination. :cries:  

3 hours ago, JawBreaker said:

Honestly it wasnt a good idea to release it now knowing Taylor and Adele were coming back to back. Ofc all the attention was going to be on them. 

Do you never think past the Hot 100/BB200 and that people just want to enjoy music or… :rip:?

Edited by fememeist

3 hours ago, JawBreaker said:

Honestly it wasnt a good idea to release it now knowing Taylor and Adele were coming back to back. Ofc all the attention was going to be on them. 

This is true, but from all of Beyoncé's actions (or non-actions) related to the song, I doubt she cares about chart positions or minds if there isn't so much attention on it. If she had been worried about this, it wouldn't have been released at the same time, or she'd have made sure to promote it, release a video, perform it, get up on live and ask for attention or even...shocking, I know, feature it in an instagram feed post.

Edited by swissman

3 hours ago, Dreajae said:

And also... she didn't say a word about it. Its not really about them. If she doesn't want to promote or show her face at the movie premiere, what is the GP suppose to do? 

She didn't want it to chart.  Period. 

:ahh::ahh::ahh:

glad to see that even when their fave has fallen from favorability, their fellow stans are melting down in their base, and their fave can’t even touch a bubbling under chart, the hive still projects a level of delusion leagues above the rest.

Meh, she's had more alarming underperformances in the past (Spitit/TheGift/EIL/Shinning)...

Considering the base was barely here from this song, can't really act surprised. There will plenty of other none events from her, the only one worth discussing at this point will be B7 and im sure it'll do great album wise

Edited by Otter

29 minutes ago, swissman said:

The hive has never been shy of throwing out “soundtrack” drags (before the gift flopped) and more recently, the hive filled the “side project” thread of a certain artist dragging her too for a bad debut. :michael:

you receive the energy you give.

32 minutes ago, swissman said:

this was literally one of their biggest narratives for ASIB

21 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

this was literally one of their biggest narratives for ASIB

Perhaps it was, I still don't consider this a "Hive" group statement but one from certain people.

In regards to A Star is Born's singles though, do you not see the difference between Shallow and Be Alive insofar as what they are in relation to the film? One is a new entry to an already iconic musical film series and is prominently featured as the pivotal moment in the protaganist's life/career. Here, the music and the film are directly linked. The other is a song made for the closing credits. It's not quite the same.

All congratulations should be given to Shallow though, it's a bonafide hit. But sarcastically saying "I thought YOU ALL SAID..." just because a closing credits song isn't currently on the BB Hot 100 with no promo, video or even film release isn't really the drag it seems.

Edited by swissman

And for the Beyhive acting like you need to heavily promote a song for it chart... let it go babes :coffee2:

She posted an IG story linking to the lyric vidro, that would be enough if there was interest in the song.

6 minutes ago, swissman said:

Perhaps it was, I still don't consider this a "Hive" group statement but one from certain people.

In regards to A Star is Born's singles though, do you not see the difference between Shallow and Be Alive insofar as what they are in relation to the film? One is a new entry to an already iconic musical film series and is prominently featured as the pivotal moment in the protaganist's life/career. Here, the music and the film are directly linked. The other is a song made for the closing credits. It's not quite the same.

All congratulations should be given to Shallow though, it's a bonafide hit. But sarcastically saying "I thought YOU ALL SAID..." just because a closing credits song isn't currently on the BB Hot 100 with no promo, video or even film release isn't really the drag it seems.

I don't disagree. I do not like generalizing fanbases either because it's only a handful of people on here who are really the culprits on all sides. 

I do agree with your comparsion of the two songs and what they offered differently. I think most people are drawing comparisons because a lot of people on here really undermined what Gaga did with ASIB and the music from the movie. Sort of brushing it off as anyone could do that and anyone can get a hit with award buzz which is far from the case. 

But it's nice to see that ATRL hasn't changed. Old bitterness from previous slights remain stronger than ever. The chance to deride someone's fave because one of their fans said something you didn't like does not go untaken. All importance is put on even the smallest of career moves. And the cycle continues. And everyone stays mad at each other's faves for no reason other than feeling smug and better than the other. Every success is someone else's failure. Every failure is someone else's success. But why can't it just be that sometimes you succeed and sometimes you don't.

Just now, CovalentBondage said:

I don't disagree. I do not like generalizing fanbases either because it's only a handful of people on here who are really the culprits on all sides. 

I do agree with your comparsion of the two songs and what they offered differently. I think most people are drawing comparisons because a lot of people on here really undermined what Gaga did with ASIB and the music from the movie. Sort of brushing it off as anyone could do that and anyone can get a hit with award buzz which is far from the case. 

I think Gaga deserves more than she is credited for about Shallow's success. I hope me outlining the advantages Shallow had to become a hit doesn't take away from Gaga's role in it too. She not only had to write/perform a good song, but she had to act it well in the film if it were to be taken seriously. She also had to be, overall, good in the film for the film to be critically and commercially successful. If she hadn't done any of these things so well, it couldn't have been such the hit film it was, and less and less people would have been introduced to the song, which inevitably expanded past her own fanbase to the GP and made it the classic it is.

7 minutes ago, swissman said:

But it's nice to see that ATRL hasn't changed. Old bitterness from previous slights remain stronger than ever. The chance to deride someone's fave because one of their fans said something you didn't like does not go untaken. All importance is put on even the smallest of career moves. And the cycle continues. And everyone stays mad at each other's faves for no reason other than feeling smug and better than the other. Every success is someone else's failure. Every failure is someone else's success. But why can't it just be that sometimes you succeed and sometimes you don't.

It's a toxic cycle.

50 minutes ago, romonster said:

Oh no! We were told that getting success and hits from soundtracks was easy and a given, so this is very shocking indeed.

This isn’t just not a hit - and I could also understand it not charting as per OP, but this is in fact… a colossal bomb

Spotify 23/11

’Be Alive’ 93k

93k already and the film is being screened in cinemas daily

nene-leakes-nene-leakes-running-nene-lea

Edited by Mr. Stratus

43 minutes ago, feuxtography said:

:ahh::ahh::ahh:

glad to see that even when their fave has fallen from favorability, their fellow stans are melting down in their base, and their fave can’t even touch a bubbling under chart, the hive still projects a level of delusion leagues above the rest.

Imagine thinking Bey is making it a priority to get this song to chart tho lol. She has a few soundtracks that are still not available on any streaming platforms to this day. Sis is more focused on her next Ivy Park rollout and it’s really not even delusional to assume any of it if you watched all of her sabotaging career moves since releasing an album exclusively to a 3rd tier streaming service. I do hope she’s at least willing to do a live performance of the song to give it justice as opposed to paying it complete dust tho. She hasn’t performed anything in almost 2 years now :stare:

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

OP is not surprising...

Yeah, the obsession is real - I had to laugh :skull:

Haters are more worried about Be Alive chart performance than Hive themselves (or Beyonce). :deadbanana:

No sparkle at all. Love my base. :heart:

1 hour ago, Comedor said:

Haters are more worried about Be Alive chart performance than Hive themselves (or Beyonce). :deadbanana:

No sparkle at all. Love my base. :heart:

Alot of comments in here coming from the Hive, though.

How many times must one say I'm unbothered? 

The song is for a great project and maybe if it wins an Oscar it'll get buzz, sales and chart on the hot 100.

Beyonce's legacy remains in tact

yrvn2rP.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.