HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

6 minutes ago, Lipgloss said:

Folklore was also a surprise release and this is a hugely anticipated comeback album from the current world record debut week artist:deadbanana4:

what makes you think surprise releases debut lower than anticipated releases? Bey's biggest debuts were surprise releases.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

All the bitter stans arguing as if she still isn’t outselling all of our faves :deadbanana2:

so we won’t see another 1m again huh?

8rdMrFq.gif

Obviously amazing numbers,  But if  true, a sucker punch to her management, herself, and her label. But im sure the holidays will keep her physical sales steady, even if no one ever plays it. 

30 will be that album you constantly see littered across grocery store bargain bins

500k pure sales and there’s probably another million still left on the shelves.

8rdMrFq.gif

I knew she wouldn’t reach 1 million after she didn’t break Spotify records on the first day but I’ve kept my mouth shut.

Still amazing numbers!

5 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

we live in a world where a 850k debut for Adele is considered tragic, let that sink in :dies:

And for a reason. Context is always important. This would be like Drake doing 120K and Taylor 200K or something for their new projects. 

7 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Adele stans been trying it with The Music Industry the whole week and this is what they get? Y'all...

:ahh: 

:ahh: 

The last bastion was the debut week numbers. I wonder what % decline in Adele avis we'll experience after today :ahh:

3 minutes ago, umich said:

You might wanna sit this one out.

dmFOUVf.jpg.5f207af43d058163392926e48560

And you might not want to throw stones in glass houses.

i795qQM.gif

Anyways, hoping this hits 1m still. It would most likely be the last album to ever reach this.

This is a disaster

I knew Easy on Me killed the interest in this era but I thought she was selling 1m+ first week for sure just based off 25 :deadbanana4:

18 minutes ago, Cap10Planet said:

Without bundling, dummy.

16 minutes ago, feuxtography said:

Without bundles which folklore benefited from as per the article this thread is based on!

rgOMkwS.gif

12 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Folklore had a TON of bundles, it was the last album to be released under the old rules, so let's not :coffee2:

Stop with the excuses, Adele nevwe used bundles to start with. 

25 opened with 3.4 MILLION and she is doing only 200k more than Taylor's decade old re-release :hoetenks:

Even her label expected 1M+ and overshipped but that's a 76% drop compared to 25.

Time to hide behind someone else OTHs :deadbanana:

4 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

I mean she’s doing these numbers without bundles, and under the new rules. 

Taylor hit 846k and benefited from bundles, and without them debited with like 350k. 

She’s obviously improved with Red, but it’s hard to say how much nostalgia is actually benefitting Red and whether new music would perform the same. 

Folklore would not have debuted with 350k and you know it. The album is a 8-week number 1. Let’s see if 30 can match that :giraffe:

9 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I'll give it 20 minutes before ATRL's servers have collapsed.

Certainly not what I expected, but as they said, the clear leader for the year and a mighty sum nonetheless. :clap3:

It came earlier :toofunny3:

anyway good numbers tbh. (Well gigantic, but for Adele it’s not the same). 6 years since last release, not as commercial sounding as earlier albums (it isn’t), dead digital sales, dwindling physicals and also the album on all streaming platforms from day one affect sales ofc. These are facts.

but yeah, not a smash. But good! And deserving!

will be interesting to see if this holds up :chick1:

7 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Taylor has huge longevity, red did 600 k and she just chatted 9 albums:rip:they both have more longevity than all artists put together and I’m pretty sure Taylor is going to be able to, but sure we’ll see

Taylor will be able to. With 10 versions of the album fueling her fanbase to buy more than one copy. She can’t do it without gimmicks to fuels sales. These numbers for Adele are genuine GP interest.

These are wonderful numbers, but her label set her up mentioning how much they were printing / shipping at any opportunity :rip:

Views is officially the last album to do a million first week.

+

Congratulations, Swifties.

Yeah, we all expected higher but the holiday season has just begun so hopefully it has solid legs to go through the rest of the year. I wonder why the CBS special wasn't scheduled for this week instead....

Just now, Cruel Summer said:

I mean, to be fair, this is based on an entire weekend's worth of sales. That figure was not - at this point in 25's week, it has moved 2.3 million units already. 

Love, Red TV first prediction was around 450k and she eventually 600k, It’s not out the cards just yet for Adele to push another 200k :giraffe:

These are great numbers in spite of the huge decline and it will have no trouble at crossing the 10 million units mark globally when everything is said and done. I'm still cackling at the people who used Mrs. Adkins as a token against Taylor though :sistrens:

2 minutes ago, private radio said:

so we won’t see another 1m again huh?

Nope :chick3: Unless you get out there and purchase. end of an era :jonnycat:

8rdMrFq.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.