• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

4 minutes ago, Pop said:

3.5M --> 800K

Not a 2.7 MILLION DROP in one era. :sadviolin:

You might wanna sit this one out.

dmFOUVf.jpg.5f207af43d058163392926e48560

Huge decline from 25.

Her label did set her up omg. Just go to any store and you’ll see tons of unsold copies in their shelves :rip:

How is it that low

1 minute ago, halcyonday said:

Adele stans been trying it with The Music Industry the whole week and this is what they get? Y'all...

adele-reuniting-with-her-old-english-tea

I mean she’s doing these numbers without bundles, and under the new rules. 

Taylor hit 846k and benefited from bundles, and without them debited with like 350k. 

She’s obviously improved with Red, but it’s hard to say how much nostalgia is actually benefitting Red and whether new music would perform the same. 

She’s still the biggest artist in the industry aside from Taylor. No one can really come for her.

Honestly it is an underperformance, the six year ling break affected her. But still the biggest in the industry.

1 minute ago, Meev said:

Less than folklore :giraffe:

Well, Adele is all about the arts and not the charts this era :celestial6:

folklore came out before the bundle rule change

• ATRL Moderator

Her label and Obsessed Taylor Haters hiding behind her numbers set her up!

These are obviously still incredible numbers but her label shipped like double the amount. So yes it’s an underperformance for her.

I just want to know how many vinyls she sold. Imagine her stopping the entire vinyl production just to sell like 80k or something.

They are good numbers, sure extremely downgrade from her previous record. But the one before had an amazing lead single "Hello" and the entire album was amazing... I can’t say the same about this one, even with all those amazing reviews, the album was really meh, not as powerful as her previous ones. Maybe that will shake her a little bit, she sound a little arrogant thinking she's better than everyone. So maybe now release music earlier? Not every 8 years.

The more I read the worse it gets... 300k SEA is NOT happening :gaycat6:

3 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

She did that star stubbed, over the top TV special for this? :skull: 

That special was really cringe for all those celebs and for painting herself as the only real singer still standing. Plus she chose the 3 worst songs on the album to perform (I Drink Milk, Hold Off, and Love is a Game) 

2 minutes ago, Erotic said:

they shipped it but it got shipped back!!!

:deadbanana4:

Obviously amazing numbers,  But if  true, a sucker punch to her management, herself, and her label. But im sure the holidays will keep her physical sales steady, even if no one ever plays it. 

5 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Taylor couldn’t hit these numbers without bundles even if she tried.

However, she has closed her gap on Adele so she’s only slightly behind. 

But it also depends on longevity I guess. Adele usually has insane longevity. 

NO pop girl has more longevity than Taylor, her old ass albums from a decade ago are clogging up the Billboard top 100 even when she's on a break :skull:

4 minutes ago, Bxtch said:

Yikes :deadbanana4:  all that promo and hype for this? what a downfall 

Are you serious? 

2 minutes ago, Yog said:

Reminder 25s early prediction was 1.7m lol :toofunny3:

I mean, to be fair, this is based on an entire weekend's worth of sales. That figure was not - at this point in 25's week, it has moved 2.3 million units already. 

25's opening week(s) numbers were anomalous and rode the hype/success of 21 (aka the biggest album of the century)

And with how much the industry has changed I had a feeling she wouldn't do 1m, these numbers are still great and I doubt Adele gives a damn anyway. The funny part is if Taylor were to open with these numbers, it would be nothing but "smash," "music industry" etc. Just goes to show that ATRL holds Adele to a higher standard than anyone else

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.