HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

Why are some of y’all so mad like damn it’s obviously an underperformance for her, y’all know damn well you were saying 1.5 1.3 mil, nobody is insulting her, if it was any other artist it would be the same pages the same discussion 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

2 minutes ago, WERKER said:

Ahhh screaming. Omg. Talent won!

Taylor is the music industry, All that promo, all that hype, all those TV specials, all that playlisting, the 500 interviews, the radio spam and she’s not even topping 1m. 

Adele is over party!

Taylor couldn’t hit these numbers without bundles even if she tried.

However, she has closed her gap on Adele so she’s only slightly behind. 

But it also depends on longevity I guess. Adele usually has insane longevity. 

Hmmm I guess great numbers 

Was hoping for a 1M debut but I guess we'll take this. Also it could always go up or down 

I can now see why HDD and Columbia were silent. You can tell they're not really happy with these numbers. Cuz her team were so eager to tell billboard how many vinyl they printed. So it was pretty weird how they didnt report any early numbers. 

These are incredible numbers for pretty much every other artist, and they still are incredible numbers for Adele... but this is such a massive decline from her previous album.

25 sold 3,380,000 in pure sales in its first week. I know the album market has dropped significantly these past 6 years, but even then... that’s a massive decline. That’s greater than a 75% decline wtf

I genuinely thought when this 30 era finishes in a year or two, it’ll sell around 2.5-3 million in pure sales. I don’t think it’ll even reach that number with streaming.

Adele stans been trying it with The Music Industry the whole week and this is what they get? Y'all...

:ahh: 

:ahh: 

Edited by halcyonday

I mean this on its own is good, amazing even.

But when we spent the last weeks/months hearing about a "collapse" and everyone predicting in excess of 1m, you have to admit the numbers are a little :katie:

Edited by Khal

Just now, enchanted0 said:

She did that star stubbed, over the top TV special for this? :skull: 

Imagine the numbers without big Oprah interview and 10M viewers concert special :deadvision:

A QUALITY, ACCLAIMED album that didn't need bundles to sell 800k+ in a week :clap3:

“Omg I’m so shocked after a 6 years hiatus and an album half of it is 5min ballads did not sell much as her previous album :bloo:“ - An ATRL fool 

anyways I predicted 700k+ So I’m happy for her :celestial:

228 members browsing :rip:

Of course it’s not the 1M+ we were all anticipating, but calling this a flop by any stretch just feels stupid

I’m shocked, obviously it wasn’t going to come anywhere close to 25’s debut numbers but I really thought 1M+ first week was in the bag :deadbanana:I guess a combination of half the songs being 5+ minutes and Easy On Me being a way too safe/basic choice for a big comeback single did it in. 

4 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

she's so big that petty atrlers are laughing over a +800k debut in 2021 lmao

I mean other that Taylor fans no one could call out these numbers since the other girls struggle to get to 300k :rip:, I mean the last time a girl no name Adele or Taylor pull bigger similar numbers was Bey back in 2013 :rip: 

The label must be extremely surprised. Thankfully this will distract OGHs from the mediocre / mixed to bad reviews HOg will get

we live in a world where a 850k debut for Adele is considered tragic, let that sink in :dies:

people belittling over 800k in 2021 :toofunny3:

its been 6 years since 25, obviously theres gonna be a decline along with album sales being dead

1 minute ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Taylor couldn’t hit these numbers without bundles even if she tried.

However, she has closed her gap on Adele so she’s only slightly behind. 

But it also depends on longevity I guess. Adele usually has insane longevity. 

Taylor has huge longevity, red did 600 k and she just chatted 9 albums:rip:they both have more longevity than all artists put together and I’m pretty sure Taylor is going to be able to, but sure we’ll see

Less than folklore :giraffe:

Well, Adele is all about the arts and not the charts this era :celestial6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.