HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

8 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

and you missed the point once again. The albums in questions haven't done "exceptionally well", they were historic, legendary, monster albums.

So? It still doesn't matter when comparing overall career success/stats. Releasing infrequently is a choice. A choice that works very well for Adell. But also a choice that can't be used against artists that do exceptionally well by releasing a lot more frequently. 

What most of you fail to realise is that Adele and Taylor are like apples and oranges. Almost none of their career paths and choices have any similarities. So you can't directly compare x album or single to another one. The only things you could really compare are overall career achievements. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

5 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Speak Now - nobody uses them

The album which is in top40 this week and getting 3.5M daily streams(mind you, that's more than some artists's biggest albums daily streams right now)? 

This is not boding well for your arguments i fear

taylor-swift-love.gif

Edited by Artistofthedecade

7 minutes ago, Brando said:

the logic flew completely over your heads :jonnycat:

the point was that you can't discount overall career success just because you want to focus on 1 or 2 albums that did exceptionally well 

We are focusing on all 4 :jonnycat: even 19 has sold over 12M WW :jonnycat:

Which is more than TS, Speak Now, Reputation, Lover, Folklore, Evermore, Fearless TS and Red TS :jonnycat:

:ahh:

The way the prediction keeps going DOWN! and now the Adele success stans have to cling to 21 and 25 sales.

We’re talking about 30 in this thread, darlings! Time to stop living in 2011 — though I realize it’s confusing for everyone since Taylor just shifted 600k of an album from 2012.  

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

The fact that people can name like 4-5 of Taylor’s Exs isn’t a good thing. Hardly anyone knows who Adele has dated or married :toofunny3:

you hear that Taylor Swift?? you can't lay your eyes on famous men!!!! you can't make music about them!!! ?

6 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

:ahh:

The way the prediction keeps going DOWN! and now the Adele success stans have to cling to 21 and 25 sales.

We’re talking about 30 in this thread, darlings! Time to stop living in 2011 — though I realize it’s confusing for everyone since Taylor just shifted 600k of an album from 2012.  

How is it going down? it was 800k to 850k before.

6 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

We’re talking about 30 in this thread, darlings!

Yes, we can talk about the album that in 3 days has already became the best selling album of the year surpassing the girl you're trying to say it's bigger than her by the way :bibliahh:

It would have opened with over 1M back in 2018/2019, she just waited too much for releasing new music. That being said, these numbers are still amazing and just like her last album, the best opening of the year. :jonnycat:

20 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Especially TS and Speak Now - nobody uses them.

Speak Now is getting over 3.5 Million streams every day :deadbanana2:

TWICE being stable with their best work yet. :clap3:

their next english single is doing numbers. 

23 minutes ago, 4Real said:

Yall talking about overall career sales to distract us from the fact that Adele is going from 3.4m to 833k sales first week huh? I know this is hard for you, Adele stans and OTH. I know yall were waiting for HDD to predict 2m sales so yall would be here celebrating how Adele "the real music industry" is DESTROYING Taylor Swift :laugh:

I actually like Adele, but this is so entertaining.

Poor Katycats, Little Monsters, Rihanna Navy, Arianators, Belieber :ahh:

Not the girls going back to 21 sales already omg :skull: 

—- 

Underwhelming streaming numbers. This won’t have legs Past Christmas. She should’ve released sooner. 

The music industry easily getting the biggest first week of the year + since the rule change, with no gimmicks, no bloated tracklists with 30 songs, no desperate discounts and remixes :clap3:

Just now, Before the Dawn said:

The music industry easily getting the biggest first week of the year + since the rule change, with no gimmicks, no bloated tracklists with 30 songs, no desperate discounts and remixes :clap3:

Not everyone can say that :clap3:

Not gonna lie, i'm quite disappointed with the number (and so is Columbia and Sony, i guess). But this is still a great number. 

2 hours ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

How long did it take to make this? 

30 minutes x

Fadele.webp

13 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

Yes, we can talk about the album that in 3 days has already became the best selling album of the year surpassing the girl you're trying to say it's bigger than her by the way :bibliahh:

Am I supposed to be distraught about the fact that Adele is selling 200k more than an almost decade old album? wut? :rip: 

Congrats I guess. It shouldn’t even be remotely that close :rofl: 

3 minutes ago, Pop culture said:

30 minutes x

Fadele.webp

The Ciara was funny though and actually made sense she ACTUALLY flopped several times. LOL

2 minutes ago, Pop culture said:

30 minutes x

Fadele.webp

Oh wow 36 is gonna open with 200k at this rate :doc:  Not ready for the 36 vs. Witness vs. Chromatica threads. 

11 minutes ago, Toxicity. said:

Not the girls going back to 21 sales already omg :skull: 

—- 

Underwhelming streaming numbers. This won’t have legs Past Christmas. She should’ve released sooner. 

You’re right, this is gonna have no legs, and I see tons of Adele success stans are in denial about that :skull: They don’t live in 2021. 

Pure sales pretty much crater for every album now after the first week. You need great streaming numbers to keep up the momentum after that. 

I'm pretty sure at this point Taylor Swift is only competing with Taylor Swift.

And Adele, she is not competing with anyone, even herself.

"21" was a moment. It's music history that will never be forgotten and impacted millions of people's lives. "25" wasn't as impactful, but it sure was a blockbuster moment in music that everyone wanted to be apart of. 

Plenty of people still clearly love Adele, but it is what it is.

OTHs and Adele success stans really LOST this week. They kept predicting this will sell 1M plus and obliterate stream records but BOTH did not happen. TV specials, Oprah interview, VIP treatment for vinyl production, Spotify promotion page, TTH, playlisting, TV commercial ads, ads on various famous buildings around the biggest cities, radio payolas and comeback hype barely help plus the fact that these OTHs and success stans are all defensive, they are in the losing position huh  :sistrens:

Good hold for The Music Industry's re-recorded album :clap3:

7 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

You’re right, this is gonna have no legs, and I see tons of Adele success stans are in denial about that :skull: They don’t live in 2021. 

Pure sales pretty much crater for every album now after the first week. You need great streaming numbers to keep up the momentum after that. 

She will probably hold out throughout the holiday season - 30 is the only record you can even buy at many major retailers, and it makes a good stocking stuffer.

Edited by RobynYoBank

9 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Am I supposed to be distraught about the fact that Adele is selling 200k more than an almost decade old album? wut? :rip: 

Congrats I guess. It shouldn’t even be remotely that close :rofl: 

That “almost a decade old album” has remixed/re-recorded versions of all previous songs, plus 9 new songs, plus extended/deluxe version of songs which were not included in the album last time.

It’s basically a remix album + a brand new album in one package.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.