HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

7 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

:clap3::clap3:

Unfortunately for Adele, 30 doesn't appear to be a blockbuster big enough to push her over Taylor's placement in the US. 

I don't understand why some people insist that Adele and Taylor's careers are comparable in US? Sure Adele has 2 HUGE albums (2 of the biggest of the past 20 years) and 4 humongous hits but Taylor has 5 albums which has sold 5 million at the very least and some others around those numbers too, big hits, insane streaming power, record breaking touring numbers, etc and all that in the span of 16 years and with no signs of slowing down, I mean... get it right girls...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

Just now, ALA said:

Isn't Adele doing good on Apple Music? Thought the streaming #s would be higher

She is! It's just that Apple Music appears to be a little smaller in the US, so she's doing about the same from both there and Spotify in the end, maybe a little more on AM with a better hold than she's shown on Spotify. She did 75k SEA + TEA in the first three days according to Billboard, so a little over double that seems right where she'll end up for the week.

Just now, Hot Volcano said:

11 albums compared to 3 albums  :skull:

Adele has released four studio albums.

5 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

Swifties are so insecure :bibliahh:she's pulling off the biggest debut of the post bundles era and had 2 blockbusters albums on US out of 4 with 21 and 25 (just like Fearless and 1989 out of 11 from Taylor). If Taylor can prove she can do that much without any gimmicks with TS10, then I think y'all can have the "Taylor is bigger in the US" discussion but for now only one of them can excell at both singles and albums without releasing 16 different versions of an album and 8-10 remixes of a single throughout the week :coffee2:

Red TV was literally released last week without any gimmicks and pulled very comparable units without 6 year anticipation and the insane promo machine behind her :gaycat6:

2 minutes ago, ALA said:

Isn't Adele doing good on Apple Music? Thought the streaming #s would be higher

We don't have numbers, sure the songs are placing high but it's hard to whether the numbers for the platform are high or not. 

18 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

At this rate it's possible, but I don't think it's likely; I thought she'd do 650k to 675k based on Billboard's initial reports for her first three days, and now HDD are predicting 675k. Seems like that's pretty much the upper bound plus or minus a few thousand, especially now that Targets are closing on the last day of the tracking week (and they'd have been potentially her best source of sales).

Oky thanks for answering. You are so knowledgeable about charting. It doesn’t matter much for most of the artists I Stan for anymore so i haven’t a clue.  Lol ? 

3 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

I don't understand why some people insist that Adele and Taylor's careers are comparable in US? Sure Adele has 2 HUGE albums (2 of the biggest of the past 20 years) and 4 humongous hits but Taylor has 5 albums which has sold 5 million at the very least and some others around those numbers too, big hits, insane streaming power, record breaking touring numbers, etc and all that in the span of 16 years and with no signs of slowing down, I mean... get it right girls...

This, I’m quite sick of the BS drama 

I can't believe the racist hillbilly is still lingering in the top 5 like choices America, choices!!

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

Adele has released four studio albums.

Hun, we don't know 30's overall performance yet. Based on the first 3 eras, Adele is in a major adventage career-wise in every single aspect.

Honestly I feel bad for lashing Adele for what are obviously great numbers for anyone, it's just Swifties needed to release all that pent up anger from the OTH using 25 to bash 1989 :dies:

6 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

I still have faith in 900k :dancehall:

11 albums compared to 3 albums  :skull:

And who's fault is that? Taylor doesn't have to stop and wait for others to catch up. She had 6 years and came with 12 songs....

4 minutes ago, iam1925 said:

reputation remains unbothered, the best dark pop album still the record holder:clap3: 

Not bad for Adele, she did all what she can do to promote this album. All the TV specials, the promotion in all the biggest cities in the world (even booking an ad in the tallest building in the world), interview with Oprah, TTH placement and playlisting. Even EOM and the comeback hype somehow helps to achieve this 800K sales, tho the sales expectation is somewhat different :cm:

But we are talking about US numbers… What does worldwide promo have to do with the United States?

Also, she had one US TV special, which is the same programme as the Oprah interview. What does her UK TV special have to do with US first week sales?

If we were talking about WW first week numbers your post would make a lot more sense.

10 minutes ago, Brando said:

Red TV was literally released last week without any gimmicks and pulled very comparable units without 6 year anticipation and the insane promo machine behind her :gaycat6:

She did have signed CDs both in the US and the UK and I wouldn't say that a +220k difference is "small" :deadbanana2:

Folklore was the perfect storm for Taylor in terms of hype + new content (although RedTV also had similar hype with the Jake Gyllenhall drama + ATW) and even then, she wouldn't have done over 800k if it wasn't for bundles.

I truly don't see her doing over +650k in pure sales and 800k overall for TS10 unless something big happens like her and Joe breaking up and the album revolving around that.

I don't know, it's just weird that swifties will claim that Folklore is Taylor's third "peak" and yet are dragging Adele for her numbers when she will likely outsell and outstream it at the end of the day.

Edited by georgechxng

On 11/22/2021 at 11:47 PM, Misguided Ghost said:

This is all this fandom really is - hatred. especially towards other women in the music industry or actress on a Netflix show that hurt Taylor's fragile ego.

Nothing new or shocking. They can finally move on from Adele and find another victim.

Get a hobby and touch some grass sis

2 minutes ago, Immaculate said:

It's giving ATRL's logic in a gif 

Fadele.webp

How long did it take to make this? 

4 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

She did have signed CDs both in the US and the UK and I wouldn't say that a +220k difference is "small" :deadbanana2:

Folklore was the perfect storm for Taylor in terms of hype + new content (although RedTV also had similar hype with the Jake Gyllenhall drama + ATW)

I truly don't see her doing over +650k in pure sales and 800k overall for TS10 unless something big happens like her and Joe breaking up and the album revolving around that.

Your so mad your now saying it’s the males in her life that have sustained her sales for 16 years? Get a grip, that’s like saying we should thank the man Adele wrote about since there would be no 21 without him or 30 because of her divorce “THank U SimOn KonEcki”:isudumblmao:is what you sound like

4 minutes ago, Immaculate said:

It's giving ATRL's logic in a gif 

Fadele.webp

the way it goes only slightly up from 21 to 25 and then stumbles down from 25 to 30 :rip: At least make it accurate.

12 minutes ago, Yog said:

This, I’m quite sick of the BS drama 

???

8 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Hun, we don't know 30's overall performance yet. Based on the first 3 eras, Adele is in a major adventage career-wise in every single aspect.

And do you truly believe that 30's overall performance is actually going to close the gap in consumption units or chart points? In the long run, the count of albums released is only a footnote to cumulative career performance.

We can also extrapolate at least a little information from this debut with little effort - that is, unless a second 21-like miracle occurs, we can pretty reliably guess that this album is likely to have overall performance like other albums that debuted in the same range, so various albums by Taylor Swift and Drake.

1 minute ago, Starchild said:

Your so mad your now saying it’s the males in her life that have sustained her sales for 16 years? Get a grip, that’s like saying we should thank the man Adele wrote about since there would be no 21 without him or 30 because of her divorce “THank U SimOn KonEcki”:isudumblmao:is what you sound like

Where did i say that? Learn how to read :deadbanana2:

I'm just saying people are interested in her public relationships. Do you really think an album about a potential breakup with Joe wouldn't create more hype than an album in dedication to Joe (aka Lover)? I'm just stating the obvious, y'all are too defensive.

2 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

the way it goes only slightly up from 21 to 25 and then stumbles down from 25 to 30 :rip: At least make it accurate.

with that kind of decline (-2.5m) it's kinda impossible to represent visually :skull:

1 minute ago, dylanx said:

with that kind of decline (-2.5m) it's kinda impossible to represent visually :skull:

The increase to 21 to 25 is over 3M, you can do it better :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.