HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

In 2035?

That was a sarcastic comment because that user picked Taylor's 6th album skipping some of her other albums :coffee2:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

2 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

not you trying with the "mental gymnastics" drag when you picked Taylor's 3 best selling albums and compared it to Adele's 3 albums :ahh:

21 easily bigger than any Taylor album

25 easily bigger than any Taylor album

Rolling in the Deep, Someone Like You, Set Fire To The Rain, Hello, Easy On Me >>>>>>>>>> Taylor's #1 singles.

taylor-swift-love.gif

The Fame is also bigger than any Madonna or Taylor album but here we are

taylor-swift-love.gif

4 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

She is doing more than fine but people hiding behind her to drag Taylor might not be fine, at all. :lakitu:

------

Red TV doing 174k in second week, more than most albums's first week sales:jonny5:

I wouldnt know. Ive been with Adele since Make you feel my love and I am enjoying this incredible album. 

It seems sad to me that you cant be happy for Taylor without dragging Adele but you do you I guess. 

So if Artist X had 1 album in the entire discography that sold 20m copies and then retired, then Artist X is the most successful artist of all time because if you start comparing album by album with other artists they'd always win in the 1 vs 1 comparison and also always win in average units per album ratio. This logic :clap:

16 minutes ago, Butters said:

Well it's becoming clear Adele is not the untouchable ~general public~ juggernaut everyone thought she was. :giraffe: 

She's outsold everyone else but Taylor Swift  and Drake though so how did you reach that conclusion?

10 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

not you trying with the "mental gymnastics" drag when you picked Taylor's 3 best selling albums and compared it to Adele's 3 albums :ahh:

21 easily bigger than any Taylor album

25 easily bigger than any Taylor album

Rolling in the Deep, Someone Like You, Set Fire To The Rain, Hello, Easy On Me >>>>>>>>>> Taylor's #1 singles.

taylor-swift-love.gif

This having four weeks at no 1, more than Taylor last three number ones combined ( including All too well)

If it regains the number one for a fifth week, you can make that the same as Taylors last four number ones) 

Just now, Artistofthedecade said:

The Fame is also bigger than any Madonna or Taylor album but here we are

Not true, Madonna's Like a Virgin, True Blue and the Immaculate Collection eras did better than TF. But yes, TF is bigger than any Taylor era, thanks for the reminder.

Since you guys are STILL trying, let me put it like this 

Taylor Swift 
~7m units
+
Fearless
~10m units

=17m units

~17m units

------------

Speak Now
~6m units
+
Red
~8m units

= 14m units

~14m units

The way Adele's one album is bigger than Taylor's two albums combined :rip: 

adele-slay.gif

7 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

It seems sad to me that you cant be happy without dragging 

That's a bit ironic coming from you, don't you think so? 

taylor-swift-love.gif

Edited by Artistofthedecade

Just now, Virtual_Insanity said:

This having four weeks at no 1, more than Taylor last three number ones combined ( including All too well)

If it regains the number one for a fifth week, you can make that the same as Taylors last four number ones) 

1+1+1+3 = 6... I know incorrect math has been flying around all over the place in this thread but this is just basic arithmetic :gaycat6:

Wait.. I just realised.... Lauryn Hill is the most successful artist of all time. Her average units per album is 20mil :clap:

Literally no one else compares :jonnycat:

What is happening here

the girls are fighting

:bibliahh:

Taylor doing that with her best album

:clap3:

6 minutes ago, Brando said:

So if Artist X had 1 album in the entire discography that sold 20m copies and then retired, then Artist X is the most successful artist of all time because if you start comparing album by album with other artists they'd always win in the 1 vs 1 comparison and also always win in average units per album ratio. This logic :clap:

Except darling, sadly for you, we are not talking about just one album, we are talking about two consecutive albums that are some of the most successful albums of all time.

adele-slay.gif

5 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Not true, Madonna's Like a Virgin, True Blue and the Immaculate Collection eras did better than TF. But yes, TF is bigger than any Taylor era, thanks for the reminder.

Since you guys are STILL trying, let me put it like this 

Taylor Swift 
~7m units
+
Fearless
~10m units

=17m units

~17m units

------------

Speak Now
~6m units
+
Red
~8m units

= 14m units

~14m units

The way Adele's one album is bigger than Taylor's two albums combined :rip: 

adele-slay.gif

Maybe put it again because your numbers are wrong. 25 has 11M(which is on par with Fearless and 1989) and 21 has 14M units. But i appreciate your mental gymnastics again. 

taylor-swift-love.gif

Since we are not getting ready for olympics, 

Taylor has 65M units and Adele has 30M. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

2 minutes ago, Brando said:

Adele managed to be the biggest seller of the year/world in 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2021 so your point makes no sense.

:WAP:

Ngl, I feel bad even bringing up 21 to any conversation, no artist will ever have that in their career, it only happens one time per century :clap3:the fact that she managed to pull that off 2x is truly remarkable.

3 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Maybe put it again because your numbers are wrong. 25 has 11M and 21 has 14M units. 

taylor-swift-love.gif

Oh sweatie....

Adele
11x Platinum
Certification Date : August 22, 2017

Adele

14x Platinum
Certification Date : September 10, 2016

Adele's albums haven't been certified in years, those are just random guesses. For all we know, 21 could be at 18m units by now.

taylor-swift-love.gif

Edited by Hot Volcano

5 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

1+1+1+3 = 6... I know incorrect math has been flying around all over the place in this thread but this is just basic arithmetic :gaycat6:

lwymmd had 3 .. lord. 

Just now, Elusive Chanteuse said:

She's outsold everyone else but Taylor Swift  and Drake though so how did you reach that conclusion?

She's still one of the biggest names in the industry but nowhere as untouchable as she was a few years ago when she what, tripled the first week record? It's clear that 25 was huge off the massive success of 21, but the overhyped 25 couldn't do the same for 30. A TFM/Born This Way/ARTPOP tea

6 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Except darling, sadly for you, we are not talking about just one album, we are talking about two consecutive albums that are some of the most successful albums of all time.

adele-slay.gif

6 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

Adele managed to be the biggest seller of the year/world in 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2021 so your point makes no sense.

:WAP:

Ngl, I feel bad even bringing up 21 to any conversation, no artist will ever have that in their career, it only happens one time per century :clap3:the fact that she managed to pull that off 2x is truly remarkable.

the logic flew completely over your heads :jonnycat:

the point was that you can't discount overall career success just because you want to focus on 1 or 2 albums that did exceptionally well 

Just now, Hot Volcano said:

Oh sweatie....

Adele
11x Platinum
Certification Date : August 22, 2017

Adele

14x Platinum
Certification Date : September 10, 2016

Adele's albums haven't been certified in years, those are just random guesses. For all we know, 21 could be at 18m units by now.

taylor-swift-love.gif

ADELE
Title: 25

11x Platin

Certification Date: August 22, 2017

ADELE

Title: 21

Certification Date: September 20, 2016

Title:FEARLESS

Highest Award:10X Multi-Platinum

Certification Date: December 11, 2017

Title:RED

Highest Award:7X Multi-Platinum

Certification Date: July 23, 2018

Title:SPEAK NOW

Highest Award:6X Multi-Platinum

Title:TAYLOR SWIFT

Highest Award:7X Multi-Platinum

And you assumed that Taylor’s albums somehow got zero sales since then? 

Which year are you joining? 2024 summer one? Let's stretch a bit more

taylor-swift-love.gif

1 minute ago, Brando said:

the logic flew completely over your heads :jonnycat:

the point was that you can't discount overall career success just because you want to focus on 1 or 2 albums that did exceptionally well 

and you missed the point once again. The albums in questions haven't done "exceptionally well", they were historic, legendary, monster albums.

This is not a Norah Jones or a Lauryn Hill case. They sold that much in a climate where there were TON of other Diamond albums. Not the same case with Adele.

adele-slay.gif

1 minute ago, Artistofthedecade said:

And you assumed that Taylor’s albums somehow got zero sales since then? 

Which year are you joining? 2024 summer one? Let's stretch a bit more

Yes.

Especially TS and Speak Now - nobody uses them.

I added a 1m units to Red and that's about it.

taylor-swift-love.gif

2 minutes ago, Butters said:

but the overhyped 25 couldn't do the same for 30

25 is garbage through and through (minus 2/3 songs). the GP didn't want to get fooled twice in a row. the promo machine and the fake hype didn't work this time

--

what adele fans on this forum don't realise (and constantly bash me for it) is that i was a massive Adele supporter throughout the whole of 21 era and the start of 25 era, contributing to her success and celebrating all of her record breaking achievements. but after the dust settled and i realised how crap of an album 25 was, i turned on her. in my eyes she no longer deserved the hype and the success she was getting. and i think a lot of the general public ended up feeling the same. 

Yall talking about overall career sales to distract us from the fact that Adele is going from 3.4m to 833k sales first week huh? I know this is hard for you, Adele stans and OTH. I know yall were waiting for HDD to predict 2m sales so yall would be here celebrating how Adele "the real music industry" is DESTROYING Taylor Swift :laugh:

I actually like Adele, but this is so entertaining.

Just now, Shendelzare said:

The Katy and Gaga stans in here

adele-slay.gif

The way I’m trying to figure who’s on who’s side, I’m totally lost :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.