HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

14 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Saying Taylor is bigger than Adele in the US just because she has more albums makes no sense.

The best way to compare is to compare in a mathematical and fair way.  Basically to put their four biggest eras against each other ( when 30 will finish it's rollout)

Pretty sure at the end it'll be Adele > Taylor. No matter what

If you gonna assume " If Adele released a lot of albums she wouldn't be as big" then they're just imaginary assumptions with 0 proofs.

The only way to prove which one is bigger right now is to compare with what we have.

What we know for now, is whenever Adele releases an album since 21, it turns out to be bigger than Taylor's albums in the long run. Factually. It's about to be her 4th album that will do that, once again.

You and your delusional think, I remembered you said that Adele will crush Taylor in streaming for months yet it just took two days for Taylor to dethrone her on Spotify. Now let see if Adele can beat Taylor on IFPI global recording artists as your claimed before :eli:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

4 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Saying Taylor is bigger than Adele in the US just because she has more albums makes no sense.

The best way to compare is to compare in a mathematical and fair way.  Basically to put their four biggest eras against each other ( when 30 will finish it's rollout)

If you gonna assume " If Adele released a lot of albums she wouldn't be as big" then they're just imaginary assumptions with 0 proofs.

The only way to prove which one is bigger right now is to compare with what we have.

What we know for now, is whenever Adele releases an album since 21, it turns out to be bigger than Taylor's albums in the long run. Factually. It's about to be her 4th album that will do that, once again.

I mean how it's fair if you're taking out half of Taylor's discography, it's not Taylor's fault that our fave is lazy and releases an album every 6 years :rip: 

Ok, let's do the breakdown in the way you want to, the US numbers with SPS are something like this:

Adele

19: 4 million

21: 14 million

25: 11 million

30: 3 million or a bit more if it serves longevity

Total: 32

vs

Taylor:

Fearless: 10 million ish

1989: 10 million ish

Red: 7-8 million

Speak Now: 7 million ish

Total: 35 million

Taylor still wins...

I stan Adele and I for sure know that she was almost untouchable at her peak and no one was pulling bigger numbers than her but also no one was pulling Taylor's longevity and consistency which is what gives her the edge...

39 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

Swifties and Adele stans need to stop :rip:

I thought they were the more refined bases because both their faves are top sellers but this thread is pure gold:ahh:

I feel like i'm watching a nostalgic sitcom.

I hope the numbers get past 900k before it's all said and done.

Adele and Taylor are kinda giving Celine and Madonna - the former had some massive, untouchable album sales at her peak, but the latter had such a strong work ethic and consistency that she ended up on top anyway.

5 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

19 +21 + 25 - ~30M Units

Fearless + Red + 1989 - ~30M Units

:dies:  not you picking the three most successful albums by Taylor. We can't know if Adele's 6th studio album will go Diamond or not. It is only fair to compare the albums in order.

TS > 19
21 > Fearless
25 > Speak Now

and we have yet to see how big will the 30 era be to compare it to Red :celestial5:

So far, Adele is winning :foxaylove2:

1 minute ago, Hot Volcano said:

:dies:  not you picking the three most successful albums by Taylor. We can't know if Adele's 6th studio album will go Diamond or not. It is only fair to compare the albums in order.

TS > 19
21 > Fearless
25 > Speak Now

and we have yet to see how big will the 30 era be to compare it to Red :celestial5:

The mental gymnastics :ahh:

Yeah, Taylor is as big as she was... in 2010. :ahh:

4 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

TS > 19
21 > Fearless
25 > Speak Now

The fact that all three of Taylor's albums were released before 21. It's almost as if Taylor hasn't experienced any artistic and career growth in the past 11 years... :deadbanana2:

15 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

19 +21 + 25 - ~30M Units

Fearless + Red + 1989 - ~30M Units

It has 1 version with "different covers". 

Btw, you were saying that Adele will debut with 1M+ with no doubt, why do you think it didn't happen? 

The album that charted only 26 weeks less than 25?

I wonder what that makes 25 as a +3M debut seller :gaycat6:

I was talking about RIAA units including pre release so she will. Already elegible for platinum. A 12 track album did that . :clap3:

Taylor's success truly broke the brains of OTH's :dies:

"she's only successful because she releases music and has fans!!!" :skull:

The fact that we are even comparing Adeles 4th album to Taylor's 8th and even 11th project shoud tell you everything :rip:

Taylor has literally sold so much more than Adele in the US. They started around the same time so all comparisons are valid…doesn’t matter that Adele takes forever to release. 

Isnt Taylor’s career SPS total like double Adele’s in the USA? 

Having a bigger peak (MJ is the only one that can compete with Adele) does not mean bigger overall career ? How is this even a convo 

3 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

I was talking about RIAA units including pre release so she will. Already elegible for platinum. A 12 track album did that . :clap3:

On 11/22/2021 at 1:34 AM, Virtual_Insanity said:

And Adele will do over 1 million which is significantly higher than 600k so don't see your point. She does not rely on free streams to move numbers. 

Oh were you :celestial5:

Since you said she doesn't rely on free streams to move numbers, i thought it was about pure sales... Maybe she needs them afterall, like everybody else. :lakitu:

3 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Oh were you :celestial5:

Since you said she doesn't rely on free streams to move numbers, i thought it was about pure sales... Maybe she needs them afterall, like everybody else. :lakitu:

Her pure sales are still significantly higher than anyone else, more than double actually. So yeah Adele is more than fine. 

35 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

:bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

Reputation is perhaps the +1M debut seller with the worst legs of music history.

It charted for 166 weeks and counting while also being elegible for 4x platinum, how is that bad? :rip:

Well it's becoming clear Adele is not the untouchable ~general public~ juggernaut everyone thought she was. :giraffe: 

17 minutes ago, dylanx said:

Taylor's success truly broke the brains of OTH's :dies:

"she's only successful because she releases music and has fans!!!" :skull:

:rip:

3 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Her pure sales are still significantly higher than anyone else, more than double actually. So yeah Adele is more than fine. 

She is doing more than fine but people hiding behind her to drag Taylor might not be fine, at all. :lakitu:

------

Red TV doing 174k in second week, more than most albums's first week sales:jonny5:

55 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Basically to put their four biggest eras against each other ( when 30 will finish it's rollout)

not you expecting some astronomical numbers from 30 :gaycat6:

25 sold 1/3 of its total units in week 1. 

if 30 did the same it wouldn't even reach 3m. 

21 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

The mental gymnastics :ahh:

Yeah, Taylor is as big as she was... in 2010. :ahh:

not you trying with the "mental gymnastics" drag when you picked Taylor's 3 best selling albums and compared it to Adele's 3 albums :ahh:

21 easily bigger than any Taylor album

25 easily bigger than any Taylor album

Rolling in the Deep, Someone Like You, Set Fire To The Rain, Hello, Easy On Me >>>>>>>>>> Taylor's #1 singles.

taylor-swift-love.gif

27 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

TS > 19
21 > Fearless
25 > Speak Now

In 2035?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.