Diversity 4: The Re-Up | Winner revealed (pg.132)

thecptz

• ATRL Moderator

let's go the beach each

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Tom Vercetti

• Dessy

• Kavish

Top Posters In This Topic

Fcq76Gl.png

ROUND 3 (let's go on a road trip)

ENTRIES

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Aaliyah - Back & Forth

Spoiler

i know that this song was produced by a man we do not like. but i ask you to focus on aaliyah only, as this is truly an excellent, groovy mid-90s classic. care-free and fun, this is the type of the song that would be on the radio when you cruise down the highway with your girlfriends, having the time of your lives just vibing. the simple, yet addictive + catchy chorus of this top 5 hit is perfect to sing together and have a great time as you travel back and forth from your road trip destination!!

Billie Eilish - bellyache

Spoiler

I chose “Bellyache” for this round because the song’s production – particularly in the verses and pre-chorus – strongly evoke imagery of an adventurous, breezy road trip in my mind. The upbeat acoustic guitar and the natural percussion make it easy to imagine this song being the soundtrack to a drive down a quiet, open road with a desire for wonder and exploration. Even the song’s music video acknowledges this imagery, taking place in the middle of a wide, barren road that cuts through a desert. And while the chorus doesn’t have the same bright, acoustic production, it’s one of the most upbeat, traditionally catchy choruses in Billie’s discography, making it perfect to jam out to on the road.

Charli XCX - Unlock It

Spoiler

"Unlock It" is Charli's viral hit which smashed on TikTok and across other social media platforms three years after its album, "Pop 2", came out. I don't want to be in a car with anyone who doesn't know that slick chorus by heart.

Chloe x Halle - Do It

Spoiler

This song is infectious and undeniably catchy! A bop! Just imagine you and your girls on your way to get f*cked up at the club! You're in the car feeling your puss, living your best life, looking like a 10 and on a trip to the club! This is the perfect hype song for you and your girls, the introduction to a night full of many memories. Pure fun!

Demi Lovato - Hitchhiker

Spoiler

While originally I was going to just send one of their big hits and call it a day, I decided to try something a little different. Hitchhiker’s production has a cool and casual vibe that makes it ideal for a scenic road trip. Beyond that, the entire song essentially uses a road trip as a metaphor for Demi’s relationship with a special someone. The song is filled with lyrical references to the road, cars, driving, and hitchhikers, making it perfect for this round.

Ellie Goulding - Lost and Found

Spoiler

the song starts out chill and then explodes into a explosive and catchy chorus. the lyrics also describe the surroundings as if you are zooming down past them.

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Fishing for Fishies

Spoiler

Get in the car, babes, we're going to the lakehouse!

With its catchy, fun melody and cheery disposition, Fishing for Fishies is the perfect song to bob your head and sing along to while on a road trip. Additionally, the lyrics about fishing and elements in the song like the harmonica evoke feelings of the outdoors, which is often the backdrop and/or destination of a long road trip across rural areas!

So hand your bestie Drifloon the AUX cord and let the good sis Ms. Grizzard fill your eardrums with chill, positive vibes and sustainable messages as you drive :) or else

Miley Cyrus - Malibu

Spoiler

This is the song you heard playing in your ear with that one airpod in while you were sitting in that 8:15am class you signed up for. Your mind would drift off somewhere else while the professor was trying to figure out why his powerpoint was the one from a different class. Your mind trails off as Malibu plays in the distance while you are fantasizing about that guy you've been stalking on instagram taking you by your hand leading you to his chevy camaro. It's something right out of a movie as he drives you up along the coast with the wind blowing through your hair (or naps) and his hand on your thigh. You arrive at a secluded beach where the two of you run onto the sand in slow motion with him leading the way while "IN MALIBU... NEXT TO YOU..." plays in your head at just the right moment when you gaze into each others eyes smiling. You two have a play fight there on the beach and he lifts you up so easily off the ground to toss you around his shirt lifting up just enough so you can see that happy trail leading below the waistband of his jeans and calvin klein underwear sticking out just above. When he pulls you down into the sand with him into his lap he kisses you on your cheek and his lips part so he can tell you the one thing you've been waiting to hear from him in this romantic montage.. he says.. "Prime members get ready for New Years hosting and take 30% off of raw, cooked and breaded shrimp at Whole Foods Market through December 31st while supplies last find all your prime deals on the Whole Foods market app!" The spotify ad plays and you snap back into reality realizing you were back in class, struggling as a student and you can't even afford the discounted student rate for premium spotify. You stare at the power point presentation and you just want nothing more than to drift off to that road trip to Malibu once again.

Red Velvet - Hello, Sunset

Spoiler

All of my road trips happen after a long day of work, and this song reminds me of speeding on the highway seeing a beautiful sunset, lost in my thoughts and with the wind blowing my hair. It's warm and melancholic and like the best road trip songs you kinda get lost in its vibe. Lyrically, it talks about summer coming to a close, as well as the bittersweet ending of a seasonal fling. Maybe they could play this on the way back home?

English translation: https://lyricskpop.net/lyrics/red-velvet-hello-sunset-english-translation/

serpentwithfeet - Fellowship

Spoiler

For the last few rounds, we've been focusing on Serpent's internal struggles and him traversing them. For this song, we're continuing that theme. Personally, I feel as if Fellowship is a modern day take on the theme of "it takes a village." It is not just a song that celebrates friendship and commradery, but one that highlights the positive mental health benefits that can be had by being in friend groups that promote positivity. Fellowship personally encapsulates the road trip theme for me due to this. Road trips aren't just meant to have fun, they're meant to be a break from the worries, the troubles, and the drama of life. This song shows that perfectly.

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

judges will have 36 hours (11am ET on saturday 30th) to judge your entries!!

Fcq76Gl.png

ROUND 3 (let's go on a road trip)

ENTRIES

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Shakira - Whenever, Wherever

Spoiler

A fun, summery bop perfect for jamming and scream singing out in a car with your friends.

Shania Twain - Come On Over

SHINee - Love Like Oxygen

Spoiler

An actual roadtrip classic on my circle of friends (after I tormented them with this song for years). The various vocal layers on this song and its catchiness make it very fun to sing along to as a group + the chorus screams driving-during-golden-hour to me.

St. Vincent - Los Ageless

Spoiler

Really anthemic with the catchy anaphora in the chorus and the hard-hitting guitar. Lyrically there’s a lot of meanings it could take on and for you to ponder while on your trip - is it about a lover, the city of Los Angeles, eternal youth, fame? - but also, who cares what it’s saying when it’s such a banger?

Sufjan Stevens - Chicago

Spoiler

This song is quite literally about taking road trips with friends and the array of emotions associated with them, such as experiencing feelings of freedom, crying with friends in your car, finding yourself on the road, selling your possessions to get by, and falling in love with new places.

Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer

Spoiler

Cruel Summer has that catchy tune that you would bop your head to when you’re driving on a sweet summer day. The melody in the chorus is great for sing-a-longs especially when you’re in the mood for “oooh”s. While the bridge is playing, you can scream “I love you, ain’t that the worst thing you ever heard? He looks up grinning like a devil” together with friends on a road trip or by yourself when you just want to sing your heart out in the car.

Tinashe - Save Room for Us

Spoiler

Road trips are taken for discovering new areas, moving away from old situations, or trying to clear your mind off of things. We typically think of those positive attributes when it comes to road trips but realistic moments of home sickness and reminiscence during those travels needs to be highlighted as well. Responding to the latter moments was my main inspiration for choosing Save Room For Us. It makes me think of a road trip not only because of its breezy chorus and chill production that can easily be spammed on the radio, but also because the message can relate to missing the personal connections that we momentarily had and move away from while going on those road trips. Through brief moments of sadness follows an optimistic mindset that road trips tend to set off which Tinashe expresses " I trust you'll come back for us, someday, Oh, you know it's not the end". Save Room For Us can be a remedy for anyone who develops these homesick-like feelings and brings up hope that their rooms will be saved for them and still in one piece when they return back home.

Tove Lo - disco ****

Spoiler

this song is just soooo fun. it’s upbeat and even summery. i can just picture me with my friends driving on the freeway to this song while we’re having our little tumblr moment with our hands out of the window.and singing this out loud. The lyrics are very silly and cheeky that makes the experience even greater. I’M FULLY CHARGED, NIPPLES ARE HARD READY TO GO!!

Troye Sivan - YOUTH

Spoiler

This song fits the theme in many ways, he opens the song with a line about running away from home to somewhere unknown, but beautiful, the imagery he uses throughout the song to describe his desire to go anywhere with his partner is very whimsical, and in the other hand, the chorus has such a catchy melody and it's so easy to sing along to, it's probably one of his catchier songs and it has such a light hearted and colorful vibe!!

Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance with Somebody

Spoiler

I would dance with ALL my beautiful and wonderful judges in a car <3 you all look very cute today! :blusher:

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

Fcq76Gl.png

for judges' critiques list

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Aaliyah - Back & Forth

Charli XCX - Unlock It

Chloe x Halle - Do It

Demi Lovato - Hitchhiker

Miley Cyrus - Malibu

Sufjan Stevens - Chicago

Tove Lo - disco ****

Troye Sivan - YOUTH

@Overprotected @Dessy @Navyofbadgals @Staryu @Kavish

No i swear if even one of y'all at me about where my crits are with this reading assignment, i will fight y'all 

3 minutes ago, Dessy said:

No i swear if even one of y'all at me about where my crits are with this reading assignment, i will fight y'all 

drag them :clap3:

This is the song :musical_score: you :love_you_gesture::blush: heard :ear_tone1: playing :flower_playing_cards: in :point_right: your :rainbow::point_right: ear :ear: with that :neutral_face::neutral_face: one :rage: airpod :money_mouth::money_mouth::money_with_wings::musical_note::notes: in :lollipop: while :hourglass_flowing_sand::baby: you :grinning: were :man::weary: sitting :seat::person_bowing::seat: in :construction_worker_tone3: that :twisted_rightwards_arrows: 8:15am class :woman_teacher: you :point_right::man: signed :pencil: up :point_up: for. :christmas_tree::point_right: Your :woman: mind :brain: would :pray::point_right: drift off :sweat_drops::moneybag: somewhere :point_right: else :thinking::thinking: while :watch::rolling_eyes: the professor :man_teacher: was trying :smiling_imp: to figure :muscle: out :point_right: why :muscle: his :snake: powerpoint was the one :one: from :open_mouth::moneybag: a different :rage: class. :stuck_out_tongue: Your :point_right: mind :eggplant: trails off :mobile_phone_off::mobile_phone_off: as Malibu plays in :point_down::point_down::point_down: the distance while :blond_haired_person::100: you :grinning: are fantasizing :brain: about :kissing: that :arrow_right: guy :blond_haired_person: you've :satellite::man: been :point_right_tone2: stalking on :point_down::anguished::point_down: instagram :camera: taking :punch: you :grinning::love_you_gesture: by :skull_crossbones: your :point_left: hand :vulcan: leading you :point_left_tone3: to his :sweat_drops: chevy camaro. It's something :poop: right :arrow_upper_right: out :stuck_out_tongue: of a movie :clapper: as he :busts_in_silhouette: drives you ?:hugging: up :turkey: along :end::end: the coast :flag_mg: with the wind :wind_chime: blowing :wind_blowing_face::wind_blowing_face: through :yo_yo: your :eggplant::peach: hair :person_gesturing_ok: (or naps) and his :wave: hand :raised_hands: on :cold_sweat: your :triumph: thigh. You :point_left: arrive :airplane_arriving: at a secluded beach :bikini: where :arrow_down: the two :clock2: of you :blush: run :person_running: onto :bird: the sand :hourglass_flowing_sand: in :heart_eyes_cat::clap::smirk::weary: slow :snail: motion with him :older_man: leading the way :feet: while :watch::rolling_eyes: "IN :link: MALIBU... NEXT :date: TO YOU..." :point_right: plays in :two::zero::two::zero: your :point_right: head :woman_with_headscarf: at just :exclamation: the right :point_right::arrow_forward: moment :flushed: when :two_hearts: you :point_right_tone1: gaze into :point_right: each :wave::clap: others :family: eyes :eyes: smiling. :grinning: You :jack_o_lantern::jack_o_lantern: two :cupid: have :u6709: a play :game_die: fight :boxing_glove: there :heart_eyes: on :on: the beach :sun_with_face: and he :busts_in_silhouette: lifts you :confused::point_right: up :eyes: so easily :tongue: off :video_game: the ground :cherry_blossom: to toss you :grinning::love_you_gesture: around :thumbsup::thumbsup: his :man: shirt :necktie: lifting up :arrow_up: just :clap::revolving_hearts: enough :tired_face: so you :woman_fairy: can :genie: see :scream: that :thinking::neutral_face: happy :smile: trail :deciduous_tree::ocean::deciduous_tree: leading below :bee::grapes: the waistband of his ? jeans :jeans: and calvin klein underwear sticking :point_right::ok_hand: out :canned_food: just ? above. :up: When :smirk: he :man: pulls you :point_left: down :upside_down::upside_down::upside_down: into :top::warning: the sand :hourglass_flowing_sand: with him :older_man::man: into :door: his :sweat_drops: lap he :man: kisses :gift_heart: you :blush: on :on: your :point_right::raised_hand: cheek :no_mouth: and his :nerd: lips :lips: part :eggplant: so he :man: can :movie_camera: tell :lips: you :grinning: the one :one: thing :clock2: you've :sparkles: been :peanuts::clap: waiting :hourglass_flowing_sand: to hear :ear: from :tumbler_glass: him ?? in :point_right::clap: this romantic :kissing_heart: montage.. he :thumbsup: says.. :speech_balloon: "Prime members :bust_in_silhouette::bust_in_silhouette: get :keycap_ten: ready :grinning: for :man_facepalming_tone1: New :woman_getting_haircut: Years :hot_face: hosting and take :punch: 30% :clock330: off :mobile_phone_off::mobile_phone_off::mobile_phone_off: of raw, :skull_crossbones::sweat_smile: cooked and breaded shrimp :shrimp: at Whole :sweat_drops::boy: Foods Market :chart_with_upwards_trend: through :on: December 31st :jack_o_lantern: while :watch::rolling_eyes: supplies last :heart_eyes: find :mag_right::mag_right::mag_right::mag_right: all :arrow_right::clock1030::two: your :point_right::rolling_eyes: prime deals :money_with_wings: on :on: the Whole :moneybag: Foods market :newspaper: app!" The spotify ad plays and you ?:stuck_out_tongue: snap :camera: back :back: into :nerd: reality :heart_eyes: realizing :bulb::thinking::thought_balloon: you :person_doing_cartwheel: were :see_no_evil: back :hushed: in :clap: class, :school: struggling as a student :man_student: and you :point_right::man_raising_hand_tone2: can't :person_shrugging: even :joy: afford the discounted student :book: rate :moneybag: for :earth_africa::two_hearts: premium spotify. You :rotating_light: stare at the power :battery::battery: point :point_left_tone3: presentation and you :point_left: just :question: want :lips: nothing :x: more :heavy_plus_sign: than :kissing_cat: to drift off :mobile_phone_off: to that :rewind::eyes: road :motorway: trip :baggage_claim: to Malibu once :100::100: again :x:

22 minutes ago, Kavish said:

i guess sir if you say so

some of us just like to read

dog.thumb.png.e07016bf597ee19fb3e029b4a5

Literate legend 

GwGkVeR.png?width=360&height=450

Spoiler

Aaliyah - girl I ain't even know or cared who produced it but your write up made me want to look it up sjsjs. You're all sometimes better off to not say anything

It's a great fit, it has def the vibes of a roadtrip already with a few friends in a car, and feels like it would be great on a road trip as well. Very nice job

Billie Eilish - bit endearing/awkward. Some of the billie-isms that are perfected on WWAFAWDWG are also here and occasionally make this sound interesting, but also clunky. That said, I'm surprised by how well the rest fits cause I thought you'd struggle hard but this overall still has a decent vibe so lovely surprise

Charli XCX - this keeps growing me everytime I hear it in games section sjsj. This is a perfect fit, not only are there some driving references, but I love euphoric pop with electric/synthy elements for driving music. It's a shame that the jay park verse is a bit of a disappointment, but the rest of the entry is killer

Chloe X Halle - it's THE classic. Whilst this doesn't feature subtle driving references like some of the previous songs, this still doesn't feel out of place at all. I can see this being played in the car that has the same fun vibes as the car of Aaliyah's Back & Forth. Just a really good time with friends and it's so much fun to sing along to. I'm not mad!

Demi Lovato - some nice references to driving and such, although after some ridiculously fun songs.. this feels a bit meh? I think it works well on the album but here it falls a bit flat. I think a more upbeat song (maybe a CFTS?) wouldn't have stuck out so much, but I do appreciate the great lyrical fit

Ellie Goulding - decent fit, I do think this shows some of the bigger weaknesses of the respective album. One filled with good pop songs, that are faceless/generic and don't really respect Ellie's unique tone. This is fine, but ultimately, not all that interresting. Cute fit tho

King Gizzard - I truly commend you on always finding something that fits really well, esp with such an out there artist. This once again stands out, mostly for the right reasons. I love the production, and it does have some chill vibe that you'd want on a roadtrip, without ever feeling too boring. I will say the lyrics, whilst lovely in concept, aren't my favorite and something about the way he sings fishies all the time.. bothers me for a reason I quite can't put my finger on! so lol

Miley Cyrus - wrote the longest damn write up for a song that needed no write up.. you are OVER for this

Red Velvet - I fear you're turning into the one to watch for me. I have been missing out on Red Velvet and you keep showing it to me every single round, this song to me is so cute. It's chill, but also incredibly produced, so it never feels boring. Some of the best stuff I've heard from kpop, and I have the feeling you have many other great songs still left. Keep this up :heart2: 

Serpentwithfeet - once again, your write ups really shine as some of, if not the best. I can see why it fits (mostly thanks due to your write up, but still). Sonically though, this one falls a bit flat for me. Not a huge fan of some of the melodies here. With an artist so specific, it shows that he can truly excel in some categories, and here he falls a bit flat. It's a bit repetitive at points, and those parts are also the least interesting parts of this song. This more upbeat nature of the song just doesn't fit him all that well and the song does feel clunky here and there. 

Shakira - this song truly benefits from the somewhat open description of the round. It's not necessarily the first song I'd think of when I'm in the car, but it does fit, not just because it's a massive smash, but also because it's a lot of fun without ever feeling like too much. A great sing-a-long track. With a hitmaker like Shakira you could choose a lot of hits, but I do believe this one for the round was the best option!

Shania Twain - I guess I can see how it fits, but a write up for this round really wouldn't have hurt with this song. Sadly, this is prolly my least fav song you sent thus far. The production is so clunky and, whilst you're mostly working having to work with decades old songs, this is the first time I felt like your song felt really dated. Not my favorite in that aspect sorry

SHINee - now why they opening this like a growling Michael Jackson..

I feel like fit wise.. this is one of the weaker ones for me? The nostalgia that you have for this song, I quite possibly cannot have for a song I'm hearing for the first time. It's sonically it's not the best fit, and lyrically it has nothing to really fall back. It's a fun song tho, but I don't know if that's enough to save you 

St. Vincent - I really wondered what you could possibly sent for this round. Somehow nothing really popped up in my mind straight away, but now that I see this, it makes perfect sing. The guitar in this is KILLER and I love this amazing rhythm. The chorus also feels like it could be great for a sing-along. Whilst it doesn't have anything lyrically either, this sonically, for me at least, knocks it out of the park. Such a banger i do fear i'll be the only one that this applies to cause this song does make me nostalgic so good luck with the other judges

Sufjan Stevens - 

Chicago! Chicago!

It's a city that's exciting! It's a city that's inviting!
It's a city for a woman just like me!

There's a lake they call Lake Michigan!
I think I'm really fitting in!
This city is my perfect cup of tea!

Chicago! Chicago!
Chicago! Chicago!

Taylor Swift - annie's subtle touches and the great melodies of the chorus really shine here. Not necessarily the best fit of the round, but it's adequate. Lovely pop song, one of the few redeeming things about Loser. 

Tinashe - tenor.gif

It's a great fit sonically. Chill, but not so chill that it's boring. It still has a lovely rhythm to it. Nice pick

Tove Lo - oh absolutely, her best I fear

Troye Sivan - I'll be honest here, that this is an absolutely terrible song to me :heart2: I can see why it fits tho so there's that! 

Whitney Houston - this round kinda unfair for everyone who doesn't have a big artist considering the only reason this fits is that it's a big hit. It is a great song tho, but fit wise it doesn't have me excited as some of the smarter picks this round!

I'm sorry that you didn't love the song, but I'm so thankful for the positive feedback for my write ups navy :heart:

Thank you Ms. Bagels :heart2:

I just realized I could have reached a little in my write-up and connected the “Whenever, Wherever” concept to the sense of freedom and adventure associated with road trips and the exploration of all these different places with the people you love. Oh well. 

Vt2dVNT.png

My 'critiques' are shorter than usual this week, I'm busy sorry x

Spoiler

Aaliyah - Back & Forth 

Back back forth forth, this song has always been catchy to me, it's very breezy. 

I could see this being played on a teen show, at the end of the episode, sunset driving montage or something, it's cute.

Charli XCX - Unlock It

Rollercoaster ride in the fast lane :cherry123: Definitely a fun song for the car or anywhere. 

Chloe x Halle - Do It

Me and the girls would definitely bop to this on the way to a club, the beach, the ski lodge, the abortion clinic, etc. 

Demi Lovato - Hitchhiker

It's cute and does fit lyrically, it's a little laid back (boring for me) but it works.

I think this sounds fine for a cute little trip, it's a bit bouncy, breezy, light.

This song made me think of A Goofy Movie, Max & Goofy going on a fishing trip, it's cute.

Miley Cyrus - Malibu

Perfect choice for Miley for this round. 

I've enjoyed every Red Velvet song you've sent so far, this is very lovely and chill, cute for a sunset drive. 

Your write up really helps here, but overall the song is a bit rough to me, a bit busy and repetitive, but I see how it can work for a road trip. 

A fun summer bop, definitely has the catchy chorus and fun to sing along part of the round. 

I happen to love this song so I think it would be fun to sing along to while traveling with friends. 

I didn't really get much from the song, I guess it could be sang on a road trip but I'm not feeling it so much. 

This song is nice, it works for like the first 3:10 of the song for the round, but the extended ending of w/e that was not so much.

Sufjan Stevens - Chicago

This used to be the only Sufjan song I knew b/c of some tv show idr, but I like it's vibe and lyrically it's great for the round.

It's a light, sunny, fun bop, it works for me, one of the best from the Lover era. 

A chill bop, I would definitely vibe to this on a relaxing trip with friends, it's a bit calming, maybe not the most fun but not all trips are just about fun. 

Tove Lo - disco ****

Love singing about my hard nipples with my friends yas queen. This is definitely one of her best songs and a fun pick for the round. 

Troye Sivan - YOUTH

It does have a catchy chorus and I do wish I could suck away all his youth for myself. 

A classic, a fun classic, a road trip classic

hyxBLEK.jpg

Spoiler

Full Disclaimer: I like basically every song, this is my favorite round so far. I imagined myself in a roadtrip for each song. And also, if your explanation was longer than 3 lines (on desktop), I did not read all of it. I make no apology. #Readingiswack

Aaliyah - Back & Forth
I am on my way to the function. I got my cousins with me. We bought beer and whiskey. We are about to have a great night. Wonderful choice.  

I’m on my way to a beach. It’s partly cloudy. I’m kinda staring into the distance. It’s a cute choice. 

Charli XCX - Unlock It
I am on my way to a gay party. In the car, I can smell the poppers someone forgot to close. It’s a fine feeling. I’m feeling flirty. This is a good song and it fits so great job.

Chloe x Halle - Do It
We are bopping dangerously. I come to a stop at red lights abruptly. I do not care that the white lady next to me is watching me sing my **** off. This is exactly what I expected. Perfect song for me.

Demi Lovato - Hitchhiker
I’m leaving the beach house. I just had sex with a dude and I’m processing it. I admire that this song is kinda targeting the theme straightforwardly. Good choice and I enjoy the song. 

I am driving through lush scenery. All of my worries seem far always. I see myself bopping out to this song with Element and Touya on a road trip to nowhere. An excellent choice. 

In the car, I almost skip the song but I am curious what it is. The singing start and I’m bobbing my head. It is fun and I’m moving to the middle lane to enjoy this vibe. I worry that we forgot to bring bait, but camping is fun! Good choice!

Miley Cyrus - Malibu
I’m driving around Malibu. The weather is beautiful. The water looks welcoming. You are extremely lucky this song somehow grow on me. I use to hate this song but now I find it good. 

It is dusk. I am leaving work (okay in my defense, I thought this before I even read your explanation so clearly it connected!) But oh wow, come thru vocals! This is a very vibey, sort of "end of the day/road trip" song. Very fitting and i love this song.

I am in the car with my friends. We are not talking but we are just kinda vibing, watching the world around us. It’s a good choice. A nice song.

Now you came on this bitch mad as hell. We were swerving in between cars, driving 90 but who the hell cares? This is a ****ing CLASSIC! 

Ooooo OOO this is giving classic bop. We are driving in the night, we got hot people making out in the car. The random girls walking see us vibing and yell approvably. 

My friend turned this up to max volume on the car stereo. We can’t help but move to it. The chorus is a bit infectious. A cute choice. He can keep the aux cord/Bluetooth on. 

We are in a major city. The vibe is energetic, we are positively looking at the world around us. Nothing both good vibes from this song. 

Sufjan Stevens - Chicago
I’m back close to my hometown. The city is cold and wet and windy. This slay of a song is almost perfect for the congestion of the toll road. As if it knows when we’re going or not moving. An excellent choice. 

It is summer. It is hot. The AC isn’t cold enough yet. We got a mission on our mind. We’re ready for the event of the day. An encouraging choice. 

It is morning. I’m about to start my errands. I got important things on my mind and I need a bit of room in my head to think about the most important ones. I am content but ready. A solid choice. 

Tove Lo - disco ****
I’m on my way to a bisexual party. The energy is horny and hypnotic. I’m ready to conquer the night. A great choice IMO. 

Troye Sivan - YOUTH
I’m in the car with a lover. We just left the movies and are heading toward a moonlight park on a chilly night. We take a bunch of pics to preserve our youth. We are in a blue dark paradise. Honestly, so catchy and fun. 

I’m swerving lanes again! The youth better watch out cause my brake isn’t reliable and I only have one good eye!  But seriously who doesn't want to bop to this catchy song? They must soulless! Excellent bop.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.