Spotify Playlist

DEADLINE: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24TH 6PM EST

Just now, hofork said:

You copying me? ?

No ❤️?

All the Carly songs.. Imagine how tired we are

Vt2dVNT.png

Fiona Apple - Cosmonauts

One of my favorite Fiona songs and a standout from Boltcutters :alexz:I love how the song builds up

and she gets violently vocal and pushes out all her emotions and ends with a whisper and hums

Carly Rae Jepsen - Fever

Very cute pop song, I feel like it needs a little something, it doesn't punch as hard as it could.

Aaliyah - Loose Rap

I just got into this song recently w/ her album finally being added to Spotify,

it's in the top half of the album for me. It's a smooth jam :jamming: 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotion

One of my favorite songs of all time :heart2:  It still gives me serotonin

SZA- Go Gina

Go Gina go Geenuh :jamming: this is a short n sweet little song

Carly Rae Jepsen - Warm Blood

Warm blood feels good :praise: especially when it's rushing to a ****. 

I feel like this is one of the edgier songs on Emotion, I love the vibe of it. It always makes me think of vampires too. 

Tame Impala - The Moment

I would say this is A moment, but not THEE moment. I like the vibe/overall sound of the song but it's not very exciting. 

St. Vincent - Neutered Fruit

Some St. Vinny songs just aren't for me, some work really well for me, some bore me.

Which is this? Maybe inbetween? I liked how it picked up at the end. 

Paramore - Pool

This is really cute, pleasant song, there's nothing to hate about it. I really like the chorus. 

Sufjan Stevens - Chicago

I only know this song b/c it was used as a theme song on a Netflix show. It's okay? 

M.I.A. - Come Around

Kind of annoying. 

Lorde - Sober

One of my Lorde faves, it feels like a sleeker cooler cousin of the PH era.

Also it is an anti-opioid anthem "ain't a pill that could touch our rush" :praise: stop getting addicted to pills America!!

Fiona Apple - Cosmonauts: I really like this and I'll give it a good rank since you'll get unnecessarily tanked probably 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Fever: hadn't heard this in ages, a huuuuge bop that deserved to be on the standard I fear

Aaliyah - Loose Rap: this is cute, not crazy over it but I do like it

Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotion: smasher, one of the best title tracks in recent memory no it's true

SZA - Go Gina: Doves was right there mama.... not a huge fan of this one

Carly Rae Jepsen - Warm Blood: the worst Carly song here by a landslide, I have not liked this at all since the album came out

Tame Impala - The Moment: not my thing, they have some nice sings but I totally do not like this sorry

St. Vincent - Neutered Fruit: very interesting, love the vibes

Paramore - Pool: this kinda aged actually but I guess I use it, I've always liked it enough

Sufjan Stevens - Chicago: such a lovely song, ethereal and pretty etc etc yes

M.I.A. - Come Around: yeah it's a no from me 

Lorde - Sober: great song, weddings graduations etc you know the rest 

GwGkVeR.png?width=360&height=450

COSMONAUTS - my favorite song on FTBC. It's one of the more delicate numbers but still has that explosive ending and, whilst I don't put so much of a focus on lyrics, they're great here. Excellent song, I'm sure some people will pan but they're turrible people

FEVER - Dua Lipa, Angèle, Kylie Minogue, Cascada, Adam Lambert, Aerosmith, B. Traits, The Black Keys, Bullets for My Valentines, GFriend, Little Willie John, Starsailor, Tone Damli, Bruce Springsteen, Bulldog Mansion, Buono!, Dongkiz, Enhypen, Family Force 5, HALO, the Hives, Inna, J. Y. Park, Judas Priest, Klinik, Love and Rockets, Neko Case, Oscar and the Wolf, Osmonds, Preoccupations, Two Door Cinema Club, The Academy is..., & Death Grips SWEETIES I AM SO SORRY!!! Carly Rae should retitle this immediately :biblio: 

LOOSE RAP - I feel like some Aaliyah songs quickly fall in the category of being too lowkey and bordering on kinda boring but this one is amazing. I love the production, it still holds up really well today. The feature is also a nice addition. As the last aaliyah song this season, this is a great way to finish with Aaliyah :heart2: 

EMOTION - rpdr-raja.gif

clunky production, corny lyrics, annoying vocal tone. PASS!

GO GINA - not necessarily the catchiest on CTRL but it'll do, very cute

WARM BLOOD - congrats.. you outdid the other carly songs.. in AWFULNESS

THE MOMENT - thank you to this sender for restoring my faith in humanity after listening to 3 carly songs!! I love pretty much every Currents song so this ain't an exception. I feel like this is one of the best songs to just drift away to and chill. Love it

NEUTERED FRUIT -  OH ABSOLUTELY :jonny5: I'm sure a certain judge will be edgy and pan but he deep down likes the song too so. SM is easily her best album so sending from it is a 10/10 choice. I love the messy but yet streamlined production on this. The guitar work is amazing here, and I love the vocal layers of St. Vincent added throughout the song. Such an excellent song

POOL - perfectly... fine. I'm not really gagging but it's a nice little pop rock moment. I feel like it does everything it needs to do well.. but it just doesn't go the extra mile for me to really be impressed. Good enough I guess

CHICAGO - not a huge Sufjan song but this was surprisingly tolerable. I am most of the time bored out of my ass with him but this was a lovely little moment, not a winning one, but one that's at least better than the bombardment of a certain artist I had to endure. I will say, it's a tad bit too long

COME AROUND - it's.. interesting. I'll be honest here and say.. that this is so ****ing annoying honestly :deadbanana: a total mess of a song to listen to.. I am not seeing the vision. I would say I appreciate the risk but did you actually think this would be even a win contender

SOBER - where did this Lorde go.. miss her so much

Bh-6BpHIgAEPG9C.jpg

acclaim round

fire-emblem-three-houses-edelgard.gif

Fiona Apple - Cosmonauts: a beautiful track, prob my fav from this album besides shameika

Carly Rae Jepsen - Fever: this was cute! I wish it had a little more to it, the chorus could hit a lot harder if done right 

Aaliyah - Loose Rap: I enjoy this song <3 not my favorite from aaliyah but it's still really nice to listen to

Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotion: this is also cute, I like it a little more than fever!

SZA- Go Gina: you could send any ctrl song and it would place high for me, love this song

Carly Rae Jepsen - Warm Blood: the chorus is an eargasm, the vibes of this song are very nice. not a fav of the round but I'd go back to this song

Tame Impala - The Moment: this is very vibey and nice, love the outro :heart:

St. Vincent - Neutered Fruit: ive been slowly getting into st vincent recently so happy to see her here <3 I enjoy this track a lot and love love love the outro

Paramore - Pool: oh wow this is very cute and vibey. that chorus is soooo good

Sufjan Stevens - Chicago: yeah this song is excellent, one of my fav songs by him (well I only know like 10 songs by him BUT this is a fav yeah)

M.I.A. - Come Around: eh I don't know how to feel about this it's not something I'd listen to again

Lorde - Sober: yeah a classic love every song on melodrama but this is one of my least favorites. still will be placed pretty high bc I still love it yeah.

3 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

FEVER - Dua Lipa, Angèle, Kylie Minogue, Cascada, Adam Lambert, Aerosmith, B. Traits, The Black Keys, Bullets for My Valentines, GFriend, Little Willie John, Starsailor, Tone Damli, Bruce Springsteen, Bulldog Mansion, Buono!, Dongkiz, Enhypen, Family Force 5, HALO, the Hives, Inna, J. Y. Park, Judas Priest, Klinik, Love and Rockets, Neko Case, Oscar and the Wolf, Osmonds, Preoccupations, Two Door Cinema Club, The Academy is..., & Death Grips SWEETIES I AM SO SORRY!!! Carly Rae should retitle this immediately :biblio: 

LMAOOO

3JUJpIt.png

Spoiler

FIONA APPLE - COSMONAUTS

One of her best songs, for sure. Fits really nicely on the album. It's one of the more polished tracks, but it still has that signature Fiona Apple grit without being off-putting. Nice choice.

CARLY RAE JEPSEN - FEVER

I hated this album when it came out, but this is one of the good tracks. The chorus is literally crack.

AALIYAH - LOOSE RAP

This has always been really uninteresting to me. It just goes in one ear and out the other. The vocals aren't interesting and I don't think the instrumental is interesting.

CARLY RAE JEPSEN - EMOTION

This is a little too candy sweet for me. Like it's off-putting. I need some grit.

SZA - GO GINA

One of the best songs on this outstanding debut album. Always listen to the clean version of this for the extra vocals, btw.

CARLY RAE JEPSEN - WARM BLOOD

This just gives me… weird and different for the sake of being weird and different. Like this ain't it pa.

TAME IMPALA - THE MOMENT

One of his best songs. The production is insane. A rock highlight for the 10s for sure, imo.

ST. VINCENT - NEUTERED FRUIT

A great track from her magnum opus.

PARAMORE - POOL

It's alright. This album as a whole is so bland.

SUFJAN STEVENS - CHICAGO

I can't with this classic. His best album. One of his best songs. The melancholy >>>>

M.I.A. - COME AROUND

I like noisy stuff, but this just was unforgivable. Couldn't get into the instrumental.

LORDE - SOBER

Top 4 on Melodrama. Really great and punchy and exciting etc.

I just quickly wanted to say GG to the M.I.A submitter.... Come Around really?

Like Arular is right there with more digestible album tracks like Galang or 10 dollar

So Buena Suerte competitors because some served great choices

ezgif-3-5e3f5fe334f5.thumb.gif.7ce4b4502

my thoughts, round 11

43f2ee842d5edae57adc05b5635e7ef70362db84.png

Fiona Apple - Cosmonauts - it's not really for me, but it's decent.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Fever - i'm here to protect all you Carly senders!! this is a lovely song <3

Aaliyah - Loose Rap - it's alright, not that interested in it.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotion - a beautiful song <3 emotion is such a great album.

SZA- Go Gina - it's ok. her voice is very beautiful.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Warm Blood - one of my favorite songs by Carly <3 love this.

Tame Impala - The Moment - it's not for me.

St. Vincent - Neutered Fruit - ooh this was rly interesting! kept me going through out the whole thing.

Paramore - Pool - cute enough.

Sufjan Stevens - Chicago - idk why but i thought i wouldn't like this but it's actually good!

M.I.A. - Come Around - it's no paper planes or borders but i enjoy it ^^

Lorde - Sober - a nice song.

1 hour ago, Touch It said:

LMAOOO

He forgot these classics

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.