Beyoncé is Pollstar‘s Touring Artist of the Decade

Queenyoncee

19 minutes ago, Squall said:

Oh this thread is more active so let me ask again: didn’t Taylor gross more?

I'm sure residencies/festivals were included as well. This last decade alone:

Take Beyoncé's tour totals, and add Revel (Revel Presents: Beyoncé Live), Roseland (4 Intimate Nights w/ Beyoncé), Wynn Encore Las Vegas (I Am...Yours), Glastonbury, Coachella, Global Citizen Festivals (Central Park & Johannesburg), TidalX (x2), and Made In America, among other one-off paid performances w/ tickets available for purchase to the general public. 

POLLSTAR accepts reports for any touring act that performed at any venue that has tickets for sale to the public. We publish statistics on sellouts, financial disasters and everything in between. POLLSTAR subscribers often run a tour history if they are just thinking of booking an artist. The successes and failures that the tour history shows is the industry’s best indication whether one should take a chance on an artist. It gives you an advantage for your business strategy.

Edited by trainsskyscrapers

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mariano

• ConceptD

• Lovett

• frenchyisback

Individual genre categories:

• Pop Touring Artist of the Decade: Lady Gaga
  • Hip-Hop/R&B Touring Artist of the Decade: Bruno Mars
  • Latin Touring Artist of the Decade: Jennifer Lopez
  • Rock Touring Artist of the Decade: Jon Bon Jovi
  • Country Touring Artist of the Decade: Garth Brooks
  • Comedy Touring Artist of the Decade: Kevin Hart
  • Non-Music Touring Artist of the Decade: Cirque du Soleil

:clap3:

as she should :clap3:

a lot of girls can sell out shows but not many can give us a show with great performances and visuals :clap3:

The way I started a whole ass mess just cuz I disagreed with something :rip:  You can say Bey is the best If you believe so, but the statement that "nobody puts in the work" is is objectively wrong when you have other performers who work extremely hard too :skull: It rubbed me the wrong way not cuz Bey doesn't deserve this, she is legendary. And I had innocent intentions, why did it have to escalate like that. Y'all are something else. 

OT: Legend, deserves. 

Despite a few missteps, she was easily the most interesting touring artist of the 2010s. On top of that, she was such an active part of the touring community and supported the tours of her fellow artists. She deserves the award :clap3: 

Well deserved. Gaga's shows are not as well polished as most of her music and music videos of late.

1 hour ago, Mariano said:

The way I started a whole ass mess just cuz I disagreed with something :rip:  You can say Bey is the best If you believe so, but the statement that "nobody puts in the work" is is objectively wrong when you have other performers who work extremely hard too :skull: It rubbed me the wrong way not cuz Bey doesn't deserve this, she is legendary. And I had innocent intentions, why did it have to escalate like that. Y'all are something else. 

OT: Legend, deserves. 

So if someone works just as hard, but the outcome isn’t of the same quality and consistency… is it talent? Vision? The same argument could be said for athletes. There’s nothing subjective about the differences in her performances as a whole relative to others. Even if everyone “puts in the same amount of work.” Not even trying to argue just trying to understand your logic. 

2 hours ago, monstereo said:

Blonde Ambition Tour is still being talked and referenced 30+ years since it occured. The Formation tour is forgotten about already. :rip: I had to Google the name of Beyonce's mid-2010s tour to remember what it was even called. :rip::rip: let's not even get started on how much more money TBA tour earned. :rip::rip::rip:

:ahh::hoetenks:

Congrats to the Queen. No one puts on a show let alone tour production like her. 

Very well deserved. :clap3:

2 hours ago, Squall said:

Oh this thread is more active so let me ask again: didn’t Taylor gross more?

And U2 also grossed more than Taylor. Beyoncé is #7 on the Billboard list btw.

So box office clearly wasn't the only criteria.

1 hour ago, SoJro101 said:

So if someone works just as hard, but the outcome isn’t of the same quality and consistency… is it talent? Vision? The same argument could be said for athletes. There’s nothing subjective about the differences in her performances as a whole relative to others. Even if everyone “puts in the same amount of work.” Not even trying to argue just trying to understand your logic. 

To begin with her performances aren't comparable to P!nk's or Gaga's or Madonna's :rip: 

Y'all just like anything that looks more polished, Gaga sitting on the piano and belting or doing a theatrical performance is something Bey cannot do. P!nk flying through the air and singing live is another thing Bey can't/doesn't do. Gaga and P!nk can't do what Bey does. 

It's subjective and no "puts in the work" doesn't mean = best. If they said Bey is the best performer I wouldn't quote them cuz Beyonce is one of the best of ALL time obviously and I agree hence why I love her lol. 

It's not that deep I mean I literally said that a lot of girls work extremely hard and saying Bey works harder than others is not true. 

Edited by Mariano

The best live act of all-time. First Black female to achieve such a feat. She truly is the definition of a LIVING LEGEND. Not surprising at all that the people who stan lessers are fuming.:clap3:

4 hours ago, monstereo said:

Blonde Ambition Tour is still being talked and referenced 30+ years since it occured. The Formation tour is forgotten about already. :rip: I had to Google the name of Beyonce's mid-2010s tour to remember what it was even called. :rip::rip: let's not even get started on how much more money TBA tour earned. :rip::rip::rip:

Both of these legends viciously STOMP on your pitiful fad fave, who hasn't had a $100M tour since 2012, almost 10 years ago. Literally went from huge stardom to booking Vegas within less than 10 years of musical career to her name. :deadbanana2:Talk about pathetic! :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, sickboy said:

And U2 also grossed more than Taylor. Beyoncé is #7 on the Billboard list btw.

So box office clearly wasn't the only criteria.

4 hours ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

I'm sure residencies/festivals were included as well. This last decade alone:

Take Beyoncé's tour totals, and add Revel (Revel Presents: Beyoncé Live), Roseland (4 Intimate Nights w/ Beyoncé), Wynn Encore Las Vegas (I Am...Yours), Glastonbury, Coachella, Global Citizen Festivals (Central Park & Johannesburg), TidalX (x2), and Made In America, among other one-off paid performances w/ tickets available for purchase to the general public. 

4 hours ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

POLLSTAR accepts reports for any touring act that performed at any venue that has tickets for sale to the public. We publish statistics on sellouts, financial disasters and everything in between. POLLSTAR subscribers often run a tour history if they are just thinking of booking an artist. The successes and failures that the tour history shows is the industry’s best indication whether one should take a chance on an artist. It gives you an advantage for your business strategy.

Queen things :clap3:

10 hours ago, Mariano said:

Uhm... I agree she deserves this, but how do Gaga, P!nk etc. don't put as much work in their shows? :rip: 

OT: Queen :clap3: 

We all saw enigma :rip:

Congrats Bey you deserve this :clap3:

Best performer of all time

1 hour ago, Quenn said:

Both of these legends viciously STOMP on your pitiful fad fave, who hasn't had a $100M tour since 2012, almost 10 years ago. Literally went from huge stardom to booking Vegas within less than 10 years of musical career to her name. :deadbanana2:Talk about pathetic! :bibliahh:

:deadbanana:

2 hours ago, Quenn said:

Joanne World Tour was averaging 1.7 million a night. If she didn't get fibromyalgia and had to cancel the rest of her shows, we'd would have passed $100 million easily.

1 hour ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

This is the Pollstar website description about what they accept as a touring report, but not sure that they used festivals and random performances numbers to this lists tbh.

For example, Gaga won Pop category while Taylor, Pink and Celine grossed more than her. Bon Jovi won Rock while The Rolling Stones and U2 grossed more than them. Bruno won hip-hop/r&b while Jay-Z grossed more than him.

It clearly wasn't box office-weighted.

ThirdWardBey
2 hours ago, Mariano said:

To begin with her performances aren't comparable to P!nk's or Gaga's or Madonna's :rip: 

Y'all just like anything that looks more polished, Gaga sitting on the piano and belting or doing a theatrical performance is something Bey cannot do. P!nk flying through the air and singing live is another thing Bey can't/doesn't do. Gaga and P!nk can't do what Bey does. 

It's subjective and no "puts in the work" doesn't mean = best. If they said Bey is the best performer I wouldn't quote them cuz Beyonce is one of the best of ALL time obviously and I agree hence why I love her lol. 

It's not that deep I mean I literally said that a lot of girls work extremely hard and saying Bey works harder than others is not true. 

Beyoncé has done both of these on two different tours. :ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.