• Carrie-is-no-1

• drivers license

• FAN

QueenofCopyPaste
3 minutes ago, CristianGarcia said:

End the Disney fad!

:psyduck:

6 minutes ago, Henstridge said:

Couldn't they just track their IPs or something?

They could, but at the end of the day Billboard can’t restrict 4 sales to one IP address, because there are many families/roommates that use the same computer to purchase online.

And even if Billboard did that, Army would just borrow any smartphone/tablet/laptop from their parents/friends/school/local library, etc…

Edited by Blue Honeymoon

22 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Technicalities technicalities.

At the end of the day, its such unfaithful representation. Tbh I just wish Billboard would just do a 1 iTunes user = 1 copy rule. That way actual user engagement is taken into account.

The H100 isnt a revenue chart, its a popularity chart. A song doing 60M a week in the US losing the #1 to a freefalling song on streaming with massive bulkbuying is an injustice to the point of the H100: popularity.

:clap3:

29 minutes ago, Lalisa said:

I think nobody expected these kinds of numbers from Olivia with G4U, I guess they thought it would have been an empty house for BTS, Olivia announced her album release date before BTS comeback date so it's Hybe/Columbia choice.

They truly have the worst luck

QueenofCopyPaste

OMG

s8maW3P.png

3 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

OMG

s8maW3P.png

who made this :hoetenks:

3 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

OMG

s8maW3P.png

Whats this supposed to mean? Im tired of reading graphs at uni is this in g4u's favor?

QueenofCopyPaste
1 minute ago, private radio said:

PulseMusicBoards

QueenofCopyPaste

Just now, MingYouToo said:

Whats this supposed to mean? Im tired of reading graphs at uni is this in g4u's favor?

1 minute ago, private radio said:

If Butter sells 200k, Olivia needs 75 million streams then it will have a 14 point lead

if G4U has 9 million radio audience, and Butter will have 18.3 

1 minute ago, MingYouToo said:

nope, I'm also confused but it looks like if they get 200k sales they'd get 614 points

RQ3NNZi.gif

Olivia deserves it, BTS' quick lil fraudulent forced #1 singles are tiring.

In a month the song won't even chart :rip:

QueenofCopyPaste
1 minute ago, Losing my ground said:

Olivia deserves it, BTS' quick lil fraudulent forced #1 singles are tiring.

In a month the song won't even chart :rip:

As long BB allows mass buying, it will.

thats how Dynamite did it

Once the record for the most weeks on Hot 100 for a kpop song was broken, they stopped and Dynamited dropped off the chart :rip:

55 minutes ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

The difference between the Dua situation and BTS, is that Dua stans used VPN to buy “from the US”, but Billboard can detect and filter such purchases, which they did with Dua.

On the other hand, The BTS Army crowfund US stans which are the only ones who buy the song, so that all the sales really come from the US. And the Army uses different credit cards and PayPal accounts for each “package” of four sales (the maximum allowed per person by Billboard), so it’s impossible for Billboard to know if someone purchased more than 4 copies.

That’s literally not what happened 

15 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

OMG

s8maW3P.png

Oh! If this it’s true, then is game over for Olivia. I can’t picture BTS selling less than 175k, and it’s impossible for Olivia to get 70m streams.

11 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

OMG

s8maW3P.png

So pink cell = G4U wins, yellow cell = Butter wins. Grey cell = points of the song with the respective sales/streams.

If G4U does 65M streams, and Butter sells 150k, G4U wins by 38 points. If Butter sells 175k, Butter wins by 12 points.

It looks like if Butter manages to hit >200k sales, it's game over for G4U. Anything below is a toss-up.

QueenofCopyPaste
Just now, Blue Honeymoon said:

Oh! If this it’s true, then is game over for Olivia. I can’t picture BTS selling less than 175k, and it’s impossible for Olivia to get 70m streams.

BB can still audit the sales

Olivia will still return to #1 if their mass buying weakens IF it weakens

QueenofCopyPaste
Just now, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

So pink cell = G4U wins, yellow cell = Butter wins. Grey cell = points of the song with the respective sales/streams.

If G4U does 65M streams, and Butter sells 150k, G4U wins by 38 points. If Butter sells 175k, Butter wins by 12 points.

It looks like if Butter manages to hit >200k sales, it's game over for G4U. Anything below is a toss-up.

Yep. Its hard to predict the sales this time because this isnt a Dynamite situation where theres remixes etc 

1 minute ago, Cain said:

That’s literally not what happened 

I was there the whole week in the Levitating thread. That’s what happened. Billboard only counted sales coming from the US and discarded all the sales coming from VPN accounts that were provided on Twitter for all stans to use. 

I’m 10000% sure that Billboard didn’t erase a single purchase from the US. (Unless someone purchased more than 4 copies with the same account/credit card).

2 minutes ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Dynamite has 300k first week but with 4 remixes if i remember correctly. It will be tough for Butter to get the same number. 150k is totally achievable, but we will definitely see sales surge for the last 30+ hours (counting down from now). It's an exciting week for us chartwatchers. 

1 minute ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

Dynamite has 300k first week but with 4 remixes if i remember correctly. It will be tough for Butter to get the same number. 150k is totally achievable, but we will definitely see sales surge for the last 30+ hours (counting down from now). It's an exciting week for us chartwatchers. 

I’m pretty sure last time each Army bought the original single, plus two remixes and the instrumental to complete their “package” of four sales per person.

This time, they’re simple buying two copies of the original song and two copies of the instrumental. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.