1 hour ago, ariananext said:

I yelled

did I lie?

2 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

did I lie?

at all but it's always funny, it was quite messy even tho I love my girl dua 

Just now, ariananext said:

at all but it's always funny, it was quite messy even tho I love my girl dua 

It was really messy especially since sonically, I don't find it cohesive to put Prisoner on FN but I guess it was all thought out beforehand, I made my peace with it

An album in the top 20 only selling 50 copies in pure sales but 20k with streams dfffd

5 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

It was really messy especially since sonically, I don't find it cohesive to put Prisoner on FN but I guess it was all thought out beforehand, I made my peace with it

yep, doesn't fit one bit. billboard should fix this rule somehow because it doesn't really make sense.. 

1 minute ago, ariananext said:

yep, doesn't fit one bit. billboard should fix this rule somehow because it doesn't really make sense.. 

exactly, it should go to the album that had it first

1 minute ago, chosensparkles said:

exactly, it should go to the album that had it first

or they could split the units? choose whose getting the units beforehand? even double counting seems better than the current one :deadbanana4:

5 hours ago, Narima said:

when Smile was released merch bundles still counted, that didn't change until october 9th 

No they weren't still counted. The only thing that counted for Smile was the extra cover editions which could still be preordered and counted up to a certain date, when the rule changed prior to its actual release. 

At that point merch had also changed in that it had to be offered seperately on the website and each thing added as a seperate purchase. Merch bundles, as in hoodie plus digital copy combined were gone by the time Smile was released. 

1 hour ago, chosensparkles said:

did I lie?

Well I mean let's be real, the Dua collab was literally acting like Plastic Hearts lifeboat in the US. The way it plummetted down the charts from one week to the next. It was completely skewing the performance of the actual album. 

31 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

No they weren't still counted. The only thing that counted for Smile was the extra cover editions which could still be preordered and counted up to a certain date, when the rule changed prior to its actual release. 

At that point merch had also changed in that it had to be offered seperately on the website and each thing added as a seperate purchase. Merch bundles, as in hoodie plus digital copy combined were gone by the time Smile was released. 

This changed at the beginning of 2020, and what labels did was put the bundles front page and the merch without album hided in the website. So they changed the rules again 

As for merchandise/album bundles, beginning Oct. 9, no further sales of albums can be reported if bundled with merchandise, even if the album and merchandise are available à la carte. Albums scheduled for release on or before Oct. 8 can report sales generated from the bundles, but only through Oct. 8.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/9417842/billboard-new-chart-rules-no-more-merch-ticket-bundles/

Spoiler

6 hours ago, chosensparkles said:

to be honest, I was a former Lovatic and left when Confident/TMYLM happened but this album really caught me off guard especially after the droplets last year.... it's fun to troll but I applaud her for releasing her best album to date

I get what you mean, this album feels very cohesive as a whole.

I am not yet tired of listening to it, i am not streaming just to stream it as I did with I Love Me for example.

17 hours ago, Jude said:

Lol, at the pathetic people who dragged Demi. Prove them wrong Demitria! :clap3:

Those bitter souls..  

---

She's doing great, and I hope this album has a chance to sell more compare to TMYLM, this is such an amazing album. 

AOTY is on lock.

I’m so happy Demi’s sales increased from original predictions. It must be due to positive word of mouth. 

everyone dragging her on the first two pages just for the original predictions to increase :ahh: 

amazing <3 

On 4/7/2021 at 1:55 PM, Victon said:

Those bitter souls..  

---

She's doing great, and I hope this album has a chance to sell more compare to TMYLM, this is such an amazing album. 

AOTY is on lock.

AOTY? :deadbanana2:

I hope she can manage to get a hit with this album. I hope they aim for longevity and don't give up after week 2 :rip:

I love Melon Cake I hope they release it as a single, I think it has potential

19 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

I hope she can manage to get a hit with this album. I hope they aim for longevity and don't give up after week 2 :rip:

I love Melon Cake I hope they release it as a single, I think it has potential

I love ML too but it won't do **** as a single :rip:

Something tells me you were a 'Red Hot Kinda Love' advocate :skull:

Edited by ReverseWarholian

Anyway, manifesting 70k

Just now, ReverseWarholian said:

I love ML too but it won't do **** as a single :rip:

Something tells you were a 'Red Hot Kinda Love' advocate :skull:

Melon Cake is easily the catchiest song on the record. What do you want her to release as future singles because she doesn't have that many options on the album?

And I hate everything about Lotus sans JAF so you're wrong

Just now, Cloudy said:

Melon Cake is easily the catchiest song on the record. What do you want her to release as future singles because she doesn't have that many options on the album?

And I hate everything about Lotus sans JAF so you're wrong

I don't hear a hit on the album aside from MHLN and maaaybe MGAMB. WOPS could be a slow burner soccer mom fueled Hot AC hit I guess.

MC and TKOLIA have the catchiest melodies but are kinda awkward lyrically so I can't see them resonating with the GeePee.

Just now, ReverseWarholian said:

I don't hear a hit on the album aside from MHLN and maaaybe MGAMB. WOPS could be a slow burner soccer mom fueled Hot AC hit I guess.

MC and TKOLIA have the catchiest melodies but are kinda awkward lyrically so I can't see them resonating with the GeePee.

I despise MGAMB so much, like it's awful. Saweetie's verse is :pukey: (it sounds like it's some bad fan made edit)

I agree WOPS could be a good HAC hit but that boat has long sailed. I agree about the lyrics, but I don't know many people don't even pay attention to the lyrics. But yeah she doesn't have that many options tbh

PREDICTED TO DO 71K AND TO DEBUT AT #2 :bibliahh: 

She went from 45k to 71k WITH NO HIT. AMAZING :jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.