AIWFCIY breaks Spotify single day record w/ 17.2M+ streams

TayDine1989

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

You wish :ahh: 

:ahh: 

they really wrote all of that on the lord and saviour Mariah Carey’s day to convince themselves she isn’t the queen of Christmas with the biggest female song of all time 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TayDine1989

• !ngwe

• Doogle

• MingYouToo

Top Posters In This Topic

Ariana smashing with the new all time classic and not even making any effort :bibliahh:

Such a bop :WAP: She will (again) surpass Mariah :clap3:

:katie2: congratulations Mariah,  she is also #1 on my lastfm this week !!

Edited by TayDine1989

Biggest song of all time :jonny5:

4 hours ago, Starkboy said:

not +17M :dies:

1. All I Want For Christmas Is You | 17.223.237

2. Last Christmas | 15.813.799

3. Santa Tell Me | 12.229.331

4. It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas | 11.975.033

5. Jingle Bell Rock | 11.924.353

6. Rockin' Around The Christmas Three | 11.801.426

7. It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year | 10.429.582

8. Underneath The Tree | 9.280.301

9. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! | 8.276.576

10. Feliz Navidad | 8.269.001

the numbers whew :jonny5:

7 songs with over 10M streams! :jonny5: Christmas is really that bitch! Ms. Halloween could never! 

1 hour ago, Don't Stop Me Now said:

:ahh:

Queen of Christmas having every other fan base fume with anger every year. Imagine not being a fan of this brilliant legend. L4L.:duca:

:dies:

There's no competition, there's one and only Mariah, yass stomp legend. :ahh:

3 hours ago, Doogle said:

The point is Xmas songs don’t always smash out the gate it takes time

Look at it now

The point is it's a Chistmas song from a streaming monster of an artist

If Miss Grande hadn't been what she is on Spotify, this song would still be down in the pits of hell

No shade

38 minutes ago, doonerr said:

If Miss Grande hadn't been what she is on Spotify, this song would still be down in the pits of hell

No shade

Sounds like a lot of excuses! The song is smashing with no push from Ariana. It’s helped by the fact she’s huge but 12m is more than her own current music is doing. You really think that’s all just because she’s the it girl? Let’s see where she is in Christmas 2030

49 minutes ago, doonerr said:

No shade

This is why Arianators are always in defense mode. ATRLers like you would always find a way to discredit Ari’s success.

Taylor has broken Spotify records as well but why isn’t Christmas Tree Farms smashing as hard as STM? Truth is, it doesn’t matter which artist sang which Christmas song; if it’s good and the GP resonates with it, they will LISTEN to the song. 

4 minutes ago, gr33dy4Ari said:

This is why Arianators are always in defense mode. ATRLers like you would always find a way to discredit Ari’s success.

Taylor has broken Spotify records as well but why isn’t Christmas Tree Farms smashing as hard as STM? Truth is, it doesn’t matter which artist sang which Christmas song; if it’s good and the GP resonates with it, they will LISTEN to the song. 

I agree.

My 60 year old mother was playing Santa Tell Me and singing along to it :skull: 

Im not even an Ariana stan so it’s not because of me and it’s not just because of Ariana’s streaming power, it is just becoming a Christmas classic and getting bigger each year.

Edited by CaptainMusic

Mariah and Ariana’s career parallels are so interesting. Massive and well deserved numbers for both :clap3:

The top 2 doesn't surprise me at all. 

'Last Christmas' and AIWFCIY were already charting everywhere way before the rise of streaming and Spotify. 

Edited by Oceania

Queen..effortless

Are we gonna get the annual All I Want vs My Heart Will Go On vs I Will Always Love You thread?

4 hours ago, Mrnoniee said:

it has NOTHING to do with Mariah or anyone.

its just people putting up playlists of xmas songs with her being there amongst many other songs.

its not like people are exclusively searching for mariah's song and streaming it through their headphones or handsfree.

I see MANY xmas songs in the top100 so its not some exclusive mariah-only phenomenon for ya'll to be praising her to heavens.

PLEASE

Mariah's All I Want For Christmas Is You on iTunes:

#1 US

#1 Brazil

#1 France

#1 Mexico

#1 Italy

#1 Russia

#1 Spain

#2 Canada

#2 Australia

#2 Netherlands

#2 Switzerland

#4 Germany

#4 Ireland

#4 New Zealand

#5 UK

#7 South Africa

#26 Turkey

#33 Japan

Are people also buying it from playlists on iTunes? :bibliahh:

Stay pressed, no other song is #1 on Spotify while Mariah's is, that's why she's the phenomenon.

She is probably going to keep the record for a full year till next christmas when she dethrones herself again with 20m streams in a day

fan base] Mariah Carey - Page 1934 - Base - ATRL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.