Billboard Charts (January 29 - February 4, 2017)

alexanderao

2 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Pandora was added which makes streaming numbers overall quite a lot bigger.

Points for 1 stream were weighted down though so that balances out a bit. And points for 1 sale were increased.

thank you! i wonder if this will decrease the impact of viral hits on the charts then 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• alexanderao

• brianc33710

• NEZ

Closer is NOT bigger than Uptown Funk :laugh:

2 minutes ago, rowlet said:

thank you! i wonder if this will decrease the impact of viral hits on the charts then 

Juju has been the only viral hit as of recent and didn't do much so I don't think they're really an issue.

Just now, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Juju has been the only viral hit as of recent and didn't do much so I don't think they're really an issue.

i thought Black Beatles and Bad & Boujee were too though. former had the mannequin challenge and latter had the "rain drop, drop top" meme

Just now, rowlet said:

i thought Black Beatles and Bad & Boujee were too though. former had the mannequin challenge and latter had the "rain drop, drop top" meme

Yeah that's true to an extend. We can see that with their massive Youtube numbers that are not from the official videos.

Lead from Bad and Boujee is certainly a lot smaller this week than it would have been under the old system

24 minutes ago, Chainsmoker said:

I think it kinda makes it more exciting now :duca: Even though, I love simmnfierzig's predictions, they kinda take away the excitement from the reveal.

agreed. now the hot 100 will be more of a surprise. i hate knowing how the chart is going to look 5-6 days before the chart actually comes out.:rip:

15 minutes ago, ItalianMonsterLM said:

Please someone explain me WHY that trash Maroon 5's song is still SPAMMED on radio.

It's barely top20 on iTunes but they just won't stop the payola.

You could say the same for STYB, lol

I think Pandora is a really cool service/concept. But had no idea the numbers were that HUGE, damn! I would have guessed like 10m US listeners.

6 minutes ago, Chainsmoker said:

styb>>>>>i dont wanna blow

Closer :rip:

Hope Zaylor can hit #1, Paris top 5, Rih top 10, and Jon top 15.

21 minutes ago, Chainsmoker said:

Yes, but at least STYB is a cute song. The other one... :rip:

2 hours ago, Thuggin said:

LOTB would easily go top 5 with a video and a Grammys performance lol.

oh sis, with video AND performance it could go top 3 or even higher if the week would be good and streamings big. with both of those things. but we probably won't get any of it. or maybe just performance at Grammys but watch her performing Kiss It Better or Work since those songs are nominated

2 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

oh sis, with video AND performance it could go top 3 or even higher if the week would be good and streamings big. with both of those things. but we probably won't get any of it. or maybe just performance at Grammys but watch her performing Kiss It Better or Work since those songs are nominated

LOTB is perfect for the Grammys though, so it would be odd if she didn't perform it.

And I think top 3 might still be a reach tbh just because Migos, Ed, and Zaylor are so strong. A #4 peak would be more than possible.

1 minute ago, Thuggin said:

LOTB is perfect for the Grammys though, so it would be odd if she didn't perform it.

And I think top 3 might still be a reach tbh just because Migos, Ed, and Zaylor are so strong. A #4 peak would be more than possible.

Adele sang All I Ask having WWWY as current single, in 2010 Beyonce performed If I Were a Boy, a song released in October 2008

29 minutes ago, NEZ said:

you had a nice run simmerfiznig.:frown:

I will figure it out. But will probably need 2 or 3 weeks to be accurate again. Probably just do the top 20 until then

So to clarify, the added Pandora streams are going to be super beneficial to songs like LOB, STYB and WUTB? 

Aka songs that are smashing on radio but nowhere else lol 

Also, is there some kind of link that can take me to the top songs on Pandora? Or does no such thing exist yet? 

Edited by ARTPØP

2 hours ago, NEZ said:

you dont really get to pick the song. its more like online radio. you choose an artist, lets say for example rihanna and it plays some of her songs, and artists that it feels are similar  to her. so youll hear stuff from beyonce too on the same station. its weird though because sometimes you will hear the most random artist like train or somebody on your rihanna station.

but points from that will be added to streaming songs not radio, right?

9 minutes ago, ARTPØP said:

So to clarify, the added Pandora streams are going to be super beneficial to songs like LOB, STYB and WUTB? 

Aka songs that are smashing on radio but nowhere else lol 

Also, is there some kind of link that can take me to the top songs on Pandora? Or does no such thing exist yet? 

https://www.nextbigsound.com/charts/top-spins

But YAS. Party is COMING huns!

Can't wait for the upcoming Pandora payola from labels :duca: