Vanishing Letters ☄️ | Winner revealed! (pg. 142)

miguel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miguel

• thecptz

• Navyofbadgals

• ughgabriel

TefHxtr.png

Send your rankings through PM or discord (preferably discord). There are 9 entries, so I should receive 9 rankings.

Excluding your own entry, rank from 1-8:

1. ex:  All I Want for Christmas Is You [BEST SONG]

2. ex: Without You [2ND BEST SONG]

11. ex: We Belong Together [WORST SONG]

When sending me your rankings PLEASE send ONLY the song title spelled out correctly. Not the artist or the numeration. Capitalization doesn't matter, but grammar does! This will help make it much easier for me to manage and order the rankings!

ENTRIES

Spotify

Spoiler

Dua Lipa - IDGAF
HAIM - FUBT
Kelela - LMK
Kendrick Lamar - DNA
Nicki Minaj - LLC
Olivia O'Brien - UDK
Solange - FUBU
Tegan and Sara - BWU
Tove Lo - WTF Love Is

DEADLINE

You have 24 hours, until September 19th, 11PM EDT, to send in your rankings

If everyone sends in their rankings sooner, i will PTR sooner as well. 

Please post your critiques if you can! 

I don't really dislike any of these songs :heart2: so it's much better than last round 

Dua Lipa - IDGAF - A fun bop
HAIM - FUBT - Heavenly
Kelela - LMK - Heavenly [2] 
Kendrick Lamar - DNA - BOP
Nicki Minaj - LLC - BAWP
Olivia O'Brien - UDK - Really cute 
Solange - FUBU - I like the vibe of the song I guess
Tegan and Sara - BWU - Cute I guess
Tove Lo - WTF Love Is - Cute bop 

HZgaJuN.png

dua lipa : idgaf

yeah this is a good song. 

her debut was kind of mixed for me, but the songs i liked are some of my favourites of hers overall

haim : fubt

haim are strange to me in that i never have a desire to listen to them. 

i do think this is one of their better songs, maybe overall? definitely a key moment on the album

kelela : lmk

hey winner! you win a lot!

kendrick lamar : dna

this is good, its solid.  i like it a good amount but i'll have to see because this is actually a strong batch

nicki minaj : llc

okay bop.  this is a strong round however...

olivia obrien : udk

this is not bad at all, would be in the middle for me

solange : fubu

:riri: this is a great song

tegan and sara : bwu

they're not really my taste... this song doesn't do much for me

tove lo : wtf love is

the production is pretty cool, but overall this isn't a standout necessarily

Dua Lipa - IDGAF

It’s not bad, but I honestly didn’t enjoy Dua in her debut era. Her songs sounded basic and lacked personality. It's enjoyable! But it's not at the same level of her newer stuff

HAIM - FUBT

Wow, the melody and the vocals sound very pretty here! I’m honestly impressed cause i have never been a fan of them but this song is quite good! I wish the guitars weren’t as in your face as they are but it was still good!

Kelela - LMK

This is soooo good! Very catchy!

Kendrick Lamar - DNA.

Papi, why would you do this to yourself?

Nicki Minaj - LLC

BOP BOP BOP! One of my favorites from the album. The whole attitude, the instrumental, her flow. So infectious!

Olivia O’Brien - UDK

This lacks a lot of substance if I’m honest. It’s cute but I’m having the same problem that I had with the Dua song. But at least Dua has an interesting voice and her song is more dynamic

Solange - F.U.B.U.

This is chill, her voice is nice. It’s a little boring ngl. I like the trumpets and the piano keys a lot. There was no reason for this to be that long :/

Tegan and Sara - BWU

I generally like their productions a lot, and this is not an exception. The verses are really good, I don’t like the chorus that much because it gets too noisy. But it was an enjoyable listen overall!

Tove Lo - WTF Love Is

This is not my favorite song from Lady Wood but it’s still good. I find this song enjoyable so it should place in the upper half, however, I thought a couple of songs were better

Edited by ughgabriel

RJDu4jb.png

Dua Lipa - IDGAF: Cute for 2017 pop

HAIM - FUBT: Not my fave on the album but its cute

Kelela - LMK: AmEL0jZ.gif

Kendrick Lamar - DNA: It's not bad but not my fave this round <3

Nicki Minaj - LLC: The pop girl references are cute but its not great

Olivia O'Brien - UDK: I don't love her voice but the production is nice I guess

Solange - FUBU: Long + boring sorry

Tegan and Sara - BWU: Pop excellence I think

Tove Lo - WTF Love Is: A sing... This alberm had no fillers :wap:

@clue @Fruity    @Staryu   @Legend E  @Alena  @ughgabriel @thecptz @Navyofbadgals @Rence

dyc7jf.png

Dua Lipa - IDGAF

Honestly, this is just generic and unremarkable and easily one of Dua's worst songs. It's a cute bop at times, but yeah. Time hasn't done it any favors either.

HAIM - FUBT

i love their vocals on this but not huge on how loud the guitar is ... up until the bridge kicked in that is :wap: 

Kelela - LMK

i think half the cast tried sending this, so you're in luck for snatching this right away

i definitely understand why though, the production absolutely KNOCKS whew :jonny5:

Kendrick Lamar - DNA.

YUP, i'm usually not the biggest rap fan, but there's a few songs/artists that just do IT for me and Kendrick almost always delivers :clap3: 

Nicki Minaj - LLC

This is a cute little bop, it got boring quite fast though.

Olivia O'Brien - UDK

Ehhhh, this is a no. So lifeless and basic.

Solange - FUBU

this is definitely... not Solange's best song. It's actually really nice at parts but if you're gonna do a 5 minute song might as well change it up to keep the song more interesting/captivating. That outro was absolutely not needed either. 

Tegan and Sara - BWU

Ok this is a bop, I dig it. The production is great!

L66zMI1.gif

Tove Lo - WTF Love Is

YUP, Lady Wood is Tove's best album and songs like this is the reason why :katie2:

@clue @Fruity  @Staryu   @Legend E  @Alena  @ughgabriel @thecptz @Navyofbadgals @Rence

also on behalf of myself and all the contestants.... PYC @Legend E :swan:

A big part of this game is knowing your target audience and since we've reached the Top 10 already it's important everyone knows who they're catering to! (obviously if you can't for x or y reason that's understandable for all contestants, but as long as you can, try to do so)

SGhifFx.gif

WRxt6dP.png

Dua Lipa - IDGAF

A fun, catchy and well-produced bop. This isn’t as amazing as some of her other singles, but you definitely can’t go wrong with this choice. A really solid song all around.

HAIM - FUBT

This was nice to listen to - as always, they have great vocals that blend together super well. This could have been better with a bit more of a dynamic instrumental (it took way too long to switch up from just that one guitar riff over and over again), but other than that, good song.

Kelela - LMK

A really cool song. It has a good balance of interesting and memorable moments in the production while also still being catchy and a chill bop. I liked it!

Kendrick Lamar - DNA

Props for taking a risk by submitting a solo song by a male rapper. I wish I could reward the risk more and say that I really enjoyed this, but it was alright. I guess I like it more than the average male rap song? But not sure how that will measure against other songs in this round that I more actively like.

Nicki Minaj - LLC

I was really enjoying this for the first minute or so, but it just doesn’t go anywhere. It feels like it should be an interlude - it’s a great beat and flow in a small dose, but it’s boring as a full 4 minute song.

Olivia O'Brien - UDK

A solid, enjoyable bop. The chorus was a bit lacklustre and I feel like I would have LOVED this with a punchier chorus. But the verses and pre-chorus were nice and the production was good, so I liked the song overall.

Solange - FUBU

I’ve tried to get into Solange and understand what all the acclaim she gets, but I just really can’t get into her music. This feels very disjointed and all over the place. I guess the people who love her will say this song is unique and interesting, but it honestly just felt like a messy listening experience to me. And it’s also WAY too long.

Tegan and Sara - BWU

I enjoyed the chorus of this quite a bit, but the rest of the song was kinda bland and just alright. It’s a cute little pop bop, but probably my least favourite of the traditional pop songs this round.

Tove Lo - WTF Love Is

YUUUUPPPPP!!!! One of my favourite songs on Lady Wood and in Tove’s entire discography. Excellent song from start to finish. That pre-chorus and chorus are just soooo good.

@clue @Fruity    @Staryu   @Legend E  @Alena  @ughgabriel @thecptz @Navyofbadgals

1 hour ago, shelven said:

dkjfghdkjf mess I genuinely have no clue what happened there, sorry @Rence ily hope I didn't drag your song :heart2:

you dragged it bye :oxygen2:

1 hour ago, shelven said:

dkjfghdkjf mess I genuinely have no clue what happened there, sorry @Rence ily hope I didn't drag your song :heart2:

:oxygen2:

2 hours ago, shelven said:

:oxygen2:

yNpb8xh.png

Dua Lipa - IDGAF

period! this was one of my favorite songs when i first heard the album :duca: it still is now whew!

HAIM - FUBT

its okay. a bit boring but i like the instrumental, so thats cute :lakitu:

Kelela - LMK

winner, pls save me if i'm in the bottom :heart:

Kendrick Lamar - DNA

ooh this is really good tbh! i think ur gonna be at least HIGH~ so congrats on achieving that!!!!

Nicki Minaj - LLC

L66zMI1.gif

Olivia O'Brien - UDK

no idts

Solange - FUBU

too long. idt its bad by any means tho its just too long

Tegan and Sara - BWU

omg a SING?????? YUP IT IS

Tove Lo - WTF Love Is

its okay :jamming:

wDRDMX7.gif

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, disruptive said:

also on behalf of myself and all the contestants.... PYC @Legend E :swan:

A big part of this game is knowing your target audience and since we've reached the Top 10 already it's important everyone knows who they're catering to! (obviously if you can't for x or y reason that's understandable for all contestants, but as long as you can, try to do so)

SGhifFx.gif

asddfghjkl; okay will do :thing:

Dua Lipa - IDGAF

one of my favorites from her debut yup

HAIM - FUBT

this is really nice

Kelela - LMK

repetitive but it's a bop

Kendrick Lamar - DNA

yes kendrick yes excellence

Nicki Minaj - LLC

I moved a bit

Olivia O'Brien - UDK

I don't vibe with this

Solange - FUBU

for a long song I expected something interesting but I got a bore instead

Tegan and Sara - BWU

a cute bop

Tove Lo - WTF Love Is

oh period!

• ATRL Moderator

:thing:

Dua Lipa - IDGAF

it's a cute sis, but not really my fave on her amazing debut
HAIM - FUBT

quite enjoyable, love the rest of their new album too:thing:

Kelela - LMK

bitch it's the serve
Kendrick Lamar - DNA

it's okay :michael:
Nicki Minaj - LLC

no :heart:
Olivia O'Brien - UDK

this is actually cute, will be somewhere in the middle for me
Solange - FUBU

decent, not my fave this round though
Tegan and Sara - BWU

oh I haven't heard this one in a while :katie2:
Tove Lo - WTF Love Is

she has better :thing:

F8vxXlm.jpg

IDGAF: she has better but it's a solid entry which bops!!! yes dua yes talent

FUBU: this song is kind of one note, to be honest, but the vocals are lovely

LMK: cute song

DNA: the lyrics are great, but i've never enjoyed listening to Kendrick, sorree

LLC: it's alright

UDK: enjoyable enough to listen to i suppose, but yeh slightly unremarkable

F.U.B.U.: i kinda like it, very relaxing and it's def pretty, but there really is not too much there for me to love it

BWU: very nice

WTF Love is: she has better but it's a solid entry which bops!!! yes ebba yes talent

IDGAF - this 1 billion+ streams classique YUPPP!!

FUBT - very nice, f you for banning haim and taking them before me :oxygen2:

LMK - truly excellent WHEWW

DNA. - it’s the SERVE oh WOW

LLC - absolutely not

UDK - basic

FUBU - very nice and chill x

BWU - this does nothing for me but it’s not the worst

WTF Love Is - worst song on lady wood x don’t like this at all

1RywnoC.png

IDGAF - This is lowkey better since I've switched from hate to love on Ms. Lipa.

FUBT - One of my favorite album tracks of the year. The raw guitars add amazing texture.

LMK - A solid song. I'm beyond tired of this album, so it doesn't punch like it used to. But still one of the best songs this round.

DNA. - Absolute classic.

LLC - This was cute when the album came out, not now.

UDK - Cheap sounding.

F.U.B.U. - I'm not really sure if you can pluck songs from Solange albums for games like this, like her stuff sounds better within the context of her albums. Nonetheless, this is a refreshing entry for this batch of songs.

BWU - I liked this album back in the day, but this was never one of my favorites.

WTF Love Is - Very cute chorus.

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, disruptive said:

thank you king

WrLbQPk.gif

I also didn't realize I was the only one who didn't do them so my apologies :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.