Final: Kendrick 610K; John Mayer 138K

iHype.

4 hours ago, ZeeScribe said:

His roll out was brilliant. He built the hype with one song. Dropped Humble the next week. Made people believe the people was coming the next week and it didn't so more hype was built up. Dropped it the week after that and then dropped a new music video for a new song right in the middle of the week to boost streams more. And he performed at coachella during it all. Brillaint roll out. 

It really was genius. Other artists need to take notes, it's the perfect roll out if you're bigger than three-month hype tour but smaller than a complete surprise drop. Only the GREATEST RAPPER ALIVE :clap3:  

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crescendolls.

• alexanderao

• lemonade.

• iamvladd

5 hours ago, Daddy said:

So the seconds set of numbers is the amount of the actually sold albums and SPS means with streams, right? 

4 hours ago, C_Colstead said:

Yes.

And also album track sales.

600k for Kendrick? http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=306069

Yesterday we projected an SPS total for DAMN. of 560k; it’s appreciably higher today. Can it hit 600k? Stay tuned.  

Edited by iamvladd

Kendrick Lamar’s DAMN. (TDE/Interscope) not only scores the year’s biggest SPS debut but also bests Ed Sheeran for the best-selling first week of the year with over 350k in album sales. Sheeran’s ÷ collected 322k in its first week.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=306069

I hope he hits 600k.

He deserves all of this commercial success.

QueenofCopyPaste

600k :jonny:

Damn, he is snatching!

Damn they were off. Even John Mayer did almost 140k after being predicted 110k originally.

2 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Damn they were off. Even John Mayer did almost 140k after being predicted 110k originally.

Can't say I'm complaining. :fan: 

More Life with another 87k :clap3: 

:jonny4: i'm so happy for all the success Kendrick's gotten 

I had no idea John Mayer was releasing :rip: 

When I said 600k, everyone said it wasn't happening :jonny3: 

Congrats Kenny :heart2: 

So he outdid Ed Sheeran, the male ADELE? 

jWDwClI.gif

9 minutes ago, iHype. said:

John Mayer's number were pretty close though, there's always a margin of error. 

Kendrick definitely over-performed though, that's crazy. I'm having a hard time remembering that a ~350k debut is now considered amazing 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.