Holy Trinity 9 ? Winners Revealed! (page. 60) - THANK YOU!

minho

Have any of you guys thought about doing a 90s sitcom themed entry

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• minho

• ATRL Username

• Hug

• ughgabriel

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be open to taking away the twist - where songs can't be from the decade you use, if people would find that easier.

I just don't want the people who have already submitted to feel this is unfair. 

4 minutes ago, Hug said:

Have any of you guys thought about doing a 90s sitcom themed entry

i don't think

minho

I also have other ideas and can give feedback so if anyone is struggling just let me know because I REFUSE to let the entry I put so much effort into be useless because of no participation :sistrens:

3 minutes ago, minho said:

I'd be open to taking away the twist - where songs can't be from the decade you use, if people would find that easier.

I've already submitted and I'd still be okay with this. ????

3 minutes ago, disruptive said:

i don't think

minho

I don't think, therefore I am not

I can also give you ideas if you need help.  I'd be happy to give you inspiration or even just give you a few themes if that's what you're struggling with!

32 minutes ago, minho said:

I– lasjdfasldkfkas >:( 

That was one of the biggest aspects of the challenge and it would be kind of unfair if it was removed now but also I get it

I'll go ahead and take care of it now since I have a concept. Just need to tinker it.

38 minutes ago, Hug said:

I also have other ideas and can give feedback so if anyone is struggling just let me know because I REFUSE to let the entry I put so much effort into be useless because of no participation :sistrens:

I also have ideas if people want inspiration!

1 hour ago, minho said:

I can also give you ideas if you need help.  I'd be happy to give you inspiration or even just give you a few themes if that's what you're struggling with!

can you write a #1 entry for me too

44 minutes ago, Gay Rat Divorce said:

I– lasjdfasldkfkas >:( 

That was one of the biggest aspects of the challenge and it would be kind of unfair if it was removed now but also I get it

I know :rip: maybe i'll try to give a +1 bonus idk

we'll see how things go, just do your best @everyone and if you need help let me know i will give you more time!

1 hour ago, Hug said:

I don't think, therefore I am not

my mind!

Gay Rat Divorce

I will be submitting by the end of day tomorrow. That's how much time I need

Thank god. I am so sorry, they called me from work two days ago to ask me to come back today, so I’ve been a little busy :( 

I will try my best to submit my entry, thank you :heart2:

Ugh, these slow ass bitches, bring me back.

lol jk. Why not use my concept? Use the gated reverb trend from the 80s. You can use the songs I provided or use different ones that uses the gated reverb. It's so used within the last 5 years tbh. Lorde, CRJ, HAIM, Charli, The 1975, Taylor. They all used it.

Working on my entry as we speak

Alright, I've had a bad day, honestly. But I've managed to make it better to cope with to turn my entry in a little bit later.

sent 

anigif_sub-buzz-3449-1565971027-7.gif?ou

Entries from:

Hug

coomy

Gay Rat Divorce

clue

PinkBox

Rotunda

Auburn

Dessy

Astronomy

Not Like The Movies

luckystrike

Overprotected

Missing (you still have 1 hour):

Invisibility

kipperskipper

MusicLoverDude

ughgabriel

anigif_sub-buzz-3449-1565971027-7.gif?ou

8fUNffQ.png

Thank you to those who submitted!  Below are the entries for this chaotic round.  As you can imagine we will be proceeding with a non-elimination round.  I apologize for those of you who put in extra effort, but know your effort is appreciated and is what keeps this game thriving.

Hug

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QLWuotUU2QAC0TYWzlFSSfT5A7pBkKMgVRBA-ZLlFZA/edit?usp=sharing

coomy

Spoiler

90's Rave Culture

Songs used:

1. Club Thanz - Jam City (2012)

Chose this song specifically for the 90's techno hi-hat inspired composition. Jam City is known for his refreshing take on club music deconstructed and this was a no-brainer as one of the ingredients for 90's rave.

2. Rave In My Room - UNIIQU3 (2020) 

Kind of on-the-nose title but this jersey club track is heavily inspired by 90's acid techno synth and rhythm heard throughout the track.

3. Mans Head - Ansome (2014)

Used this one for the signature 90's techno rave beat with that muted and heavy industrial drums. This is the backbone that holds the previous two tracks together to create the perfect 90's rave sound.

Gay Rat Divorce

Spoiler

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1FXGzwLM6gt0g0_02st921Y5AgYSZfMMMO7bdGhjUhzE/edit?usp=sharing

Please press "Present" on the first slide and click through to view the entry! Thank you <3

clue

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gRV9vcVvsFoT7mQWjYpUd6YzDh8NeIZJRkKvEyZhvvw/edit?usp=sharing

PinkBox

https://www.instagram.com/pinkboxht/

Time period : 1990s

Rotunda

https://docs.google.com/document/d/174Mogx058inaGf5CTpu-ZpySZQgIovOdYlNjNSOr_xw/edit?usp=sharing

Auburn

Spoiler

My trinity is inspired by the jazzy bossa nova sound developed and popularized in the 1950s. 

Amber Mark - Conexão

The faded intro serves as a time-warp slowly dragging you back to the musical landscape of the 1950s. The drumbeat is characteristic of bossa nova, driving the song until the very end without being interrupted. The Portuguese title of the song is a dedication to the Brazilian roots of the genre.

Emma Bunton - I’m Not Crying Over Yesterdays

This song introduces the güiro, the percussion instrument making the washboard sounds in the beat.

Bitter:Sweet - Bittersweet Faith

The warped ending of this song is meant to make you feel like you are being pulled back to reality at the end of your journey into bossa nova.

Dessy

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sIl6fXo2MPE2aELYwt0ypW7eidyNkLjHhXKZV_vQA18/edit?usp=sharing

Not Like The Movies

Spoiler

241-2410226_aaliyah-image-aaliyah-logo.p

7z3qvj_large.png?1535030650

TRIBUTE TO AALIYAH ( JANUARY 16TH 1979- AUGUST 25TH, 2001)

This Holy Trinity is a tribute and homage to the late R&B Pop Goddess AALIYAH. 

Aaliyah was a singer, dancer, model and actress. She had huge hits like One in a Million, Try Again, More than A Woman, We Need A Resolution and many more. Her career was becoming more and more successful and she was becoming the artist to rule the world similar to the Beyonce's and Rihanna's that we have today in pop culture. AALIYAH paved the way for many artists who are very inspired by her soft, sultry and dance heavy music, and she also inspired many by her fashion taste which was making baggy clothes look feminine. Aaliyah as we all knew unfortunately died in a plane crash in 2001 after shooting the video for her smash hit, Rock the Boat. Her disheartening passing left the world in agony. My trio are songs done by 3 artists who have all been vocal about Aaliyah being one of their biggest influences. All of these songs can be Aaliyah songs because they share the DNA of the type of music Aaliyah pioneered and contributed to. 

1. Tinashe- 2 On ft SchoolBoy Q (2014)

This song is an upbeat dance heavy R&B pop song which was a genre in which Aaliyah dominated as she was a very talented dancer and performer, similar to Tinashe who is also an incredible dancer and performer. The rap feature also adds that hip-hop element which Aaliyah did throughout her career with multiple rap collaborations like Missy Elliot and Timbaland productions. 

2. Ciara- Body Party (2013) 

This Ciara song is a very sultry and slow sex anthem with rhythmic beats. Aaliyah also was successful in this style of R&B with her soft yet powerful vocals and she always added that Aaliyah flair to anything she touched. It is undeniable that Ciara is heavily inspired by Aaliyah as in her earlier career she adopted the fashion style of the more masculine and baggy clothing yet adding femininity to it. Body Party is a perfect example of a tribute to Queen Aaaliyah.  

3. H.E.R- Losing (2016) 

Aaliyah often would use her songs to vent and express her love life whether it be negative or positive. In this song, H.E.R's flow is mirroring a style in which Aaliyah utilized throughout her discography. The incorporation of the heavy beats also adds to the inspiration factor. Most importantly, H.E.R sampled Aaliyah's hit " At Your Best You Are Love'' in this song, the 'let me know let me know' lyric was directly taken from Aaliyah's song.  The usage of the sample, highlights the strong influence Ms Haughton had on modern female artists. 

All of these songs could be sung by Aaliyah if she was still here with us in 2020, we all miss her so much and hope her influence and legacy continues to shine throughout the future decades because it is what she deserves. We love you AALIYAH :heart:

240-2409791_home-bio-aaliyah-left-eye-se                             aaliyah-logo-1.png?w=400

•  

luckystrike

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15BVkBJpZhewdfE-pThl33wa6NWvdz7MjsIT8FXZNOqs/edit

Overprotected

Spoiler

90's R&B inspired songs

90's Evolution of Mariah | Mariah carey hair, Mariah carey, Mariah ...

Collage courtesy of google images x

Enjoy this cute little collection of songs reminiscent of the R&B from that decade I mean what else is there to explain! ok lemme try to justify my choices 

Busy Boy - This sounds like a modernized DC or TLC track :jamming: 

3 AM - Including white women because Diversity :heart2:

A No No - I mean this song is built around the instrumental from the 90's Lil Kim hit Crush On You

That's all.

Spotify link (don't be poor)

Astronomy

https://astro666.tumblr.com/

ughgabriel

Spoiler

Instructions:

Read at midnight if possible.

You must listen to each song for each of the letters on the doc. First song is for the first letter, second song for the second letter, etc.

Song 1: https://youtu.be/YUvJOZfdGQg / https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/fkatwigs/marymagdalene.html

Song 2: https://youtu.be/qH3lLOVtkwI / https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/iamamiwhoami/shadowshow.html

Song 3: https://youtu.be/lcJ4ECn8R7E / https://genius.com/Zola-jesus-exhumed-lyrics

Knocking on the door

“Hey man, how is it going? My name is Daniel! It seems like you have a letter from an unknown sender. You must be Nicholas Davies, right?”

“Uhh? That’s weird. It says it’s for Nicholas Davies and yours is the address that’s on the letter. Oh well, you can keep it anyway!

Have a nice one!”

A little note on the envelope says “These letters were found by the corpse of N.D. in 1692.”

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19YwT-UQYwLVP2IdixVgpPRjmuGEXBMeIrZIlsdyHIlU/edit

Modern english version:

Hide contents

Twelfth of june, 1692

The freezing wind is the only thing that breaks the silence in this town. Andover is going through difficult times. The vines are dried up, our trees have withered. Nicholas has been getting worse since his return. He caught the yellow fever and none of the medicine men have been able to cure him.

My beloved, I surely will do my best to end with your sickness. We built our house by the forest in hopes we could live a long and fruitful life. With a numerous family and with fields that could give us enough to live happily.

I’m filled with fear. Looking at the way you feel so weak and defeated, you can barely talk and your skin has loss its shine. It’s pale, it’s yellow, it’s almost lifeless.

My mother used to say that I should never give myself away completely. That not one soul would ever be able to, truly, take me in whole. But I know Nicholas would. He’s always been there for me, he’s taken care of me, he loves me. And even if my mother warned me that people could be afraid of my blessing, I know he would take me anyway. 

I can’t let him perish. I have to heal him. 

“A woman will never hold power over a man” is what they say. But now it is him who depends on me. And I have to embrace that power. I have to help him.

I call upon the spirits within these woods, upon the souls of nature; the soil below our feet; the trees above our heads. Energy of the night, lend me your power. My body belongs to you.

You’re going to get better, Nicholas.

Fifth of july, 1692

I can see them waiting out of my house. They’re standing there with their torches and garden forks. The people of Andover are pointing their fingers at me. Nicholas is with them. How could he be standing by their side instead of mine? I gave him all I had. My love, my power. This is not fair.

They’re yelling at me “Come out, Ophelia! Surrender, witch.” They’re saying I’m danger.

I haven’t done any harm to anybody. All I ever did was to save my beloved from his unfortunate sickness.

But in this town, people are afraid of what’s different from them. It has always been that way. They would rather get rid of me before I turn into what they fear. Even if that’s not me.

Their stones are hitting the walls of my house. They’re breaking through the windows. They’re striking on my door. 

Sorrow is chilling my blood. Fear is running through my skin. And rage is slowly growing within my spirit.

I have heard the vengeful souls that wander the forest. And it seems that I will be joining them soon. 

Mother, you were right.

Third of august, 1962

I still remember that night where the town of Andover was chanting my name, where their torches gave light to the darkness; below a cold sky where the only thing that gave me warmth was that rope they tied around my neck.

Where all my sorrow slowly turned into despise. Rage. It was pure rage.

Oh, pathetic town of Andover, is this what you feared? Is this what you wanted from me all along? To lay my curse on your damn town?

You gave me the worst punishment by planting anger inside of me. And it would be selfish of me to not let you taste the fruit of your own charity.

Town of Andover, may you town and its villagers never meet what a prosperous life is. May your children suffer the worst of tragedies. May your crops slowly rot and never grow as your worthless souls. May you face what real fear is and witness how your loved ones suffer the worst of pains. May your life be filled with misery and eternal regret. 

I’m setting myself free. I’m freeing my spirit from all the hatred you sowed. My soul will wander this forest for the rest of eternity. 

The history of what you did will forever haunt you through your miserable and infernal fate. To you. To your loved ones. To your descendants. Everyone will suffer for what you did.

You forced me to be something I was not. You forced me to be the thing that you were afraid of. May the guilt consume your spirit in life.

Centuries will pass but my words will remain. Descendant of Nicholas, it’s your turn to pay for what he did.

MLD

Spoiler

See the source image

Hello everyone, and welcome to a special Disney Channel presentation on 90s music, and how its evolution inspired acts from today and beyond. Please get some snacks, take a seat, and let's dive in. 

Starting with a genre from the 90s that really got its mainstream explosion, R&B. Mariah Carey made her debut in 1990, and Whitney Houston would go on to get her biggest hit with her cover of I Will Always Love You in 1992. R&B also cemented its status in the mainstream with the long running #1 hits, like the aformentioned I Will Always Love You, but also the three big hits from Boy II Men with End of the Road, I'll Make Love To You, and One Sweet Day with Mariah Carey. You also saw #1 debuts from Whitney, Mariah and Lauryn Hill and rise in R&B groups like Boyz II Men, TLC, En Vogue, Destiny's Child,  Color Me Badd and wannabes like Cleopatra from the UK. And of course, you had tv show alumni like Moesha actress Brandy and Fresh Prince actress Tatyana Ali getting into music as well.  Representing them all here is Raven Symone with her song Backflip, as her 2004 album had songs similar to that 90s style of R&B on them outside of the teen pop.

Now on the pop side of things, the 90s also had a big boom in boy bands in general. Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC are the biggest examples of this, since they had the biggest worldwide success. But in addition to other bands like 98 Degrees (and later O Town), the UK had their own boy bands such as Westlife, Five, Boyzone, Take That, and other bands that bled into the early 2000s like BBMak, SoulDecision and A1. The popularity of the Jonas Brothers a decade after the Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC pretty much mirrored the craziness of the 90s with all the girls wanting to be with them and marry them. And while we are on the subject of idolization and heartthrobs

"And a Britney song was on. And a Britney song was on. AND A BRITNEY SONG WAS ON!!!!!!". The pop music scene at the end of the 90s was on the edge of getting a new big female pop star, and with the teen pop scene blowing up thanks to the boy bands mentioned above, artists like Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Jessica Simpson, Mandy Moore and precursors like Jennifer Paige getting hits. Britney in particular, with her iconic imagery and her distinct vocals and dance moves (before the knee injury :( ) would go on to inspire artists like Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, and others. Miley ultimately became her own type of Britney thanks to Hannah Montana, and hell, even dated a boy band member just like she did. She had her own controversies just like Britney and didn't give two *****. She came into her own, went through her own phases, and ultimately, is a very good parallel to Britney (and the teen pop era) and Party In the USA has essentially become her Baby One More Time. 

And that will do it for this Disney Channel special. Make sure to check out that decade of music on Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube, and iTunes. And remember everyone...

--

30 mins left for anyone else!

Clue and I both doing satirical feminist entries in similar decades ?

I only skimmed the other entries but they look cute! (Except Hug’s, his is uglee)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.