Survivor: All Stars (ATRL Edition) | FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL!!!

rl231

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rl231

• Element

• Yvess

• Buddy!

Top Posters In This Topic

Dylan's Playlist

Theme: Moving to a New Adventure

Entries:

Bey_Rih: Breakaway was on four of my playlists so it was definitely a killer this round. Loved that. Journey was cool to see even though it’s not really my thing. Rugrats theme made me laugh a bit but not sure it helped you much. Wasn't really feeling the other song. I just felt this wasn’t very cohesive and when you have only four songs on a playlist, they should play off each other better than these do. 

Buddy: You had one of the most cohesive playlists this round but I felt the subject matter was sometimes a little vague. I love Closing Time as an opener and I was expecting the remaining songs to play off of that one a little more. Castle was a really good closer. I enjoyed the sonic direction you went in. 

Dussy: This was really good. I love that Coldplay song. Never heard it before. I am moving to New York so Empire State is classic. A Thousand Miles is THEE classic. I didn’t really love the Budapest song for this playlist but it was otherwise strong. 

Gateau: I actually moved to New York so that song worked better than you probably thought. The Last Great… was just okay for me. Mean was cute given the subject matter. A Place was cute as well. A variety in artist would have helped. This actually wasn’t that  cohesive of a listen sound or lyric wise despite being by the same artist. 

Staryu: You nailed the artist selection but I’m not sure the song selection was quite as strong. The Mandy song fits lyrically; it’s very theatrical which isn’t really my thing but I still kinda lived for the inclusion lol. I feel like Miley has a plethora of options. I actually live as far away from Malibu as I can now haha. I actually quite loved Maren’s song because it fits the vibe I was anticipating this round very well. I didn’t like Ride of Your Life by my girl Nashe though. It threw off the vibe and also isn’t much of a subject matter fit. 

Tom: Ah, this was very much the vibe I was hoping for this round. Breakaway and Unwritten are everything to me. I was actually judging in a car so that probably helped you out a lot too. The All Saints song fit but I didn’t love it. I’m actually not a big fan of Lorde but Green Light was a very nice way to close the playlist regardless. This playlist is pretty cohesive too despite the shortness of four songs. 

Yvess: This was classic on classic on classic. Breakaway was on pretty much everyone’s playlist but not even mad about it because it’s the first song I would have thought of too. Life is a Highway is CLASSIC road trip adventure song. Defying Gravity was so so cute. Ending on Don’t Stop Believing was a great cohesive closer. This whole playlist was very volume up on the highway which I thought fit my playlist description to a tee.

Dylan's Rankings

Spoiler

1. Yvess :D

2.Tom :)

3. dussy :}

4. Buddy :]

5. Staryu :>

6. Gateau :/

7. Bey_Rih :|

Supa is our last judge, who will win??

Just now, clue said:

They both do

bx3DJ9d.gif

imagine not living for Freakum Dress

Clue bby.... i'm worried

bx3DJ9d.gif

ffjsl

u know what... i can't even be mad for flopping on Dylan's 

FYQRlX2.gif

Supaspaz's Playlist

Theme: Songs to Survive Quarantine

Entries:

Bey_Rihstan: It’s not clear to me what these songs have to do with quarantine...or each other. The theme of the playlist is simply not there. Nevertheless, it’s a bop! I love all of it. “Crazy In Love” is still the best thing Beyonce has ever done, and “Full Moon” is one of my absolute favorite Brandy tracks. “She’s a Bitch” never fails to go off! So you definitely get points for taste.

Buddy!: Aside from the fact that nobody is going to be marrying any nights until at least 2021, this was a very enjoyable playlist. I like that you gave it an extra level of coherence by only picking songs by pop girls. And nothing tops “Stronger”!

dussymob: The second half of the playlist, while good, is a bit on-the-nose. But the first two songs are exactly what I was looking for with this theme — music that is comforting and nourishing to the soul. “Here Comes the Sun” might be my single favorite selection on any of my playlists. Now that’s a quarantine mood!

Gateau: There’s a certainly melancholy groove to this playlist. Unfortunately, I can’t tell whether you were just trolling the challenge again. The lack of effort the last few rounds has been disappointing. Are you still invested in this game?

Staryu: This is another playlist that doesn’t have any apparent connection to the theme. But as the Beach Boys once sang, she knows me too well! You really did THAT for me. This is such a delectable collection of my faves. I don’t know what possessed you to include “Screwed,” but I absolutely adore that forgotten masterpiece. And “Fever” is a shockingly good pandemic mood.

Tom Vercetti: I love me some Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush — separately and together. This choice, however, doesn’t quite seem to fit with the rest of the songs. (Though I do think the transition into “I Will Survive” was a really smart one.) Dancing the pain away is a great vibe, and certainly more productive than what I’ve been doing during quarantine. To fully elevate the playlist to perfection, you should have swapped out “Don’t Give Up” for “Dancing On My Own.”

Yvess: Oh, Yvess. Your playlist title made me cackle, but the songs you picked were atrocious. Except for “That’s the Way It Is,” which is a cute nostalgic jam, I was longing for corona’s sweet embrace by the end of this. Your only saving grace is that you actually worked with the theme.

Supaspaz's Rankings

Spoiler

1. Buddy!

2. Tom Vercetti

3. dussymob

4. Yvess

5. Staryu

6. Bey_Rihstan

7. Gateau

Final rankings next...who is the winner of this challenge and safe from Tribal Council??

Supa baby... we didn't know wtf you wanted

the way most of us just winged it

WS6SqJn.gif

4 minutes ago, rl231 said:

I don’t know what possessed you to include “Screwed,” but I absolutely adore that forgotten masterpiece.

Because we've all been screwed this year :weeps: (and I saw you call it a masterpiece one time) 

i2aGM02.png

ttg2yda.png

So who won? See below.

Spoiler

1. Buddy! - 2.75

1. Tom Vercetti - 2.75

3. Yvess - 3.00

4. dussymob - 3.25

5. Staryu - 4.00

6. Bey_Rihstan - 5.50

7. Gateau - 6.75

We have a tie between Buddy! and Tom Vercetti. The way that we saw fit to break the tie was to see who did better against each other for each judge (aka which judge ranked the other person higher between Buddy and Tom).

And they both tied. Because this round was especially special, and the criteria was truly up to the judges' tastes and how well y'all matched them/the theme itself. We've decided...

to give both of y'all immunity!!!

3bgVnN9.png3bgVnN9.png

Congrats to Buddy! and Tom Vercetti! You BOTH are safe at Tribal Council and in the final 6. the same ca

Overall Rankings

1. Buddy! 10

1. Tom Vercetti 10

3. Yvess 9

4. dussymob 8.5

5. Staryu 8

6. Bey_Rihstan 7.5

7. Gateau 7

Cumulative Rankings

1. EriKills 9.18

2. Kipperskipper 8.91

3. Tom Vercetti 8.53

4. Yvess 8.36

5. Lucky#17 8.30

6. Kiiwii 8.21

7. Buddy! 8.20

8. Gateau 8.13

9. dussymob 7.81

10. Bey_Rihstan 7.59

11. Staryu 7.53

12. thecptz 7.37

Votes are due at 7:45 PM EDT tomorrow, good luck! We will have the live round at 8:30 PM EDT tomorrow too on Discord!!

Supa helping me win :clap3:only the best judge!

Congrats Tom :heart2: 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, rl231 said:

Sure, some of these are really cringy (I'm looking at you blink-182)

@Astronomy, girl, that list is pure quality! “All the Small Things” is a classic!

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, rl231 said:

The All Saints song fit but I didn’t love it.

Yes, @Tom Vercetti! Stan “Pure Shores.”

• ATRL Moderator
59 minutes ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

Supa baby... we didn't know wtf you wanted

the way most of us just winged it

WS6SqJn.gif

Your competitors figured it out somehow.

CLnG.gif

5 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Your competitors figured it out somehow.

CLnG.gif

Almost all of my competitors stated that they didn't know what the exact criteria for your playlist was, thus winging it. 

With that being said...

Should it be something to "figure" out anyway? I don't think so 

I'm not sure why everything must be so mysterious, but that's just my opinionata

Still love you of course

CLnG.gif

Edited by Bey_Rihstan

30 minutes ago, Dylan' said:

Congrats Tom :heart2: 

Thanks Dylan. I was considering sending ride of your life by tinashe but I didn't know how well that would've fit. 

13 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Yes, @Tom Vercetti! Stan “Pure Shores.”

Only among the best from non-stop pop. 

i2aGM02.png

@Bey_Rihstan @Buddy! @dussymob

@Staryu @Tom Vercetti @Yvess @Gateau

@thecptz @kipperskipper @Lucky#17 @EriKills @kiiwii

Welcome Tribe Paradeisos to the 16th Tribal Council of the season!

If anyone has an item to play, now would be the time to play it...

Spoiler

No one stands.

I'll read the votes...

First vote...

R2ryyjR.png

Second vote...

image0.jpg?width=998&height=799

Third vote...

Yvess

(no parchment)

That's 1 vote Gateau, 1 vote dussymob, 1 vote Yvess.

Fourth vote...

R2ryyjR.png

2 votes Gateau, 1 vote dussymob, 1 vote Yvess.

Fifth vote...

R2ryyjR.png

3 votes Gateau, 1 vote dussymob, 1 vote Yvess.

Sixth vote...

And the 15th person voted out of ATRL Survivor: All Stars and sixth member of our jury...

R2ryyjR.png

eHb3l7H.png

Gateau, the tribe has spoken.

2RMqUxo.gif

Thank you so much for joining and coming back after the Styx!!

Live challenge/TC for the rest of you in 11 minutes!

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

Love all of my castaways 

• ATRL Moderator

Miss Congeniality on lock

Just saw the live round 

bye @dussymob legend :chick3:

5 hours ago, Dylan' said:

Just saw the live round 

bye @dussymob legend :chick3:

Thanks legend, I made it further than all the haters wanted me to and took them out like I said I would so it’s fine. Rooting for @Staryu, @Buddy!, and @Tom Vercetti 

• ATRL Moderator

i2aGM02.png

@Buddy! @Bey_Rihstan @Tom Vercetti @Staryu @Yvess

Welcome castaways to Round 16 of Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 10)! Congratulations on making it to the final five!

Individual immunity is back up for grabs...

0w4H330.png

The theme for Round 16 is...
Emoji Explosion!

This round, you'll be defining emojis using songs. There will be five emojis to define. For each emoji, you will be given a picture and then it is your job to choose a track you feel defines that emoji's general message/use. It's important you're not too literal with all the emojis. For example, in season 5, the castaways were given the peach emoji. Most everyone caught on that that emoji is used to depict big booties and sent in songs related to that. This may not apply to every emoji but do keep that in mind when selecting tracks.

There are no explanations this round. Your songs will speak for themselves like in the pre-merge rounds. For that reason, it's best not to be super mysterious this round. That doesn't mean you can't do something a little different for a emoji, but your song should still be clearly related to the emoji depicted. 

All we need you to do is submit 5 songs and send the YouTube links for each one, making it clear which song applies to which emoji. Don't format at all because we will be formatting this round like the MC round where each of your songs is posted along your fellow castaway's songs for that portion.

You may see an emoji and think you have the perfect song in mind for that specific emoji. Well, you may only submit your entry with all five tracks chosen. This is to avoid you all rushing to submit one song you want for sure and then compiling the rest of your tracks later. And no, this doesn't mean you can submit 4 random tracks with your one desired track snuck in there. We will notice. 

Once you submit your tracks, I will get back to you to inform you if you're cleared or if you need to change a song because another contestant already took it. It is a first come first serve basis with selecting tracks.

Results will be posted just like in the MC round in which the panel ranks your song selections. The highest overall average after five rounds will win.

Below are the emojis you'll be using this round. 

The Emojis:

1. The Mask Emoji

JZGtg7P.png

2. The Mountain Emoji

TUYnC0A.png

3. The Eye In Speech Bubble Emoji

xnTg0r9.png

4. The Game Die Emoji

zp81DHR.png

5. The Rat Emoji

8Aw0hE3.png

Entries are due on Wednesday, August 12th @ 11 PM EDT. 

The winner of this round will be immune from elimination.

Good luck!

The best challenge and I can't compete. :cries:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.