Survivor: All Stars (ATRL Edition) | FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL!!!

rl231

• ATRL Moderator
9 hours ago, dussymob said:

Why wasn’t this challenge used last season instead of that Lolo pampering. :coffee2:

Music critique has been the final four challenge every season until this one!!  

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rl231

• Element

• Yvess

• Buddy!

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Element said:

Lol I have no reason to complain anyways.

1 hour ago, Element said:

I would've killed music critique

Good luck to us, Final 4

Yvess

2 hours ago, Yvess said:

Good luck to us, Final 4

Yvess

:ryan:

i2aGM02.png

@Bey_Rihstan @Buddy! @Staryu @Yvess

Welcome castaways to your 17th results show!

You all have completed the immunity challenge, and we will now reveal the winner of the challenge who will be safe from this tribal council and in the final 3!

Good luck...

TIED for 3rd place is...

Spoiler

Bey_Rihstan and Yvess with 5 points each.

That leaves us with Buddy! and Staryu.

One of you did better than the other by ONE point, but who was it?

2nd place for this individual immunity challenge is...

Spoiler

Staryu with 7 points.

Which means, with 8 points, congrats to Buddy! You have won this individual immunity challenge and IN the final 3!

3bgVnN9.png

For the four of you, there's another trip to Tribal Council awaiting you. Votes are due at 9 PM EDT tomorrow, and Buddy's safe - good luck! 

Congrats buddy hun :wap:

i2aGM02.png

@Bey_Rihstan @Buddy! @dussymob @kiiwii

@Staryu @Tom Vercetti @Yvess @Gateau

@thecptz @kipperskipper @Lucky#17 @EriKills

Welcome Tribe Paradeisos to the 19th Tribal Council of the season!

One of you will be the 18th person voted out of ATRL Survivor: All Stars and the 9th member of our jury. 

I'll read the votes...

First vote...

voteodjas.png

One vote Yvess.

Second vote...

Staryu

(no parchment)

One vote Yvess, one vote Staryu.

Third vote...

voteodjas.png

Two votes Yvess, one vote Staryu.

One vote left...

Fourth and final vote...

Spoiler

Starvote.png

We have a tie between Staryu and Yvess and will be conducting a tiebreaker (hopefully tonight) over Discord. Good luck, you two!

oh wow oh wow

Hi legends and hoests,

First of all, I am very happy that I have reached this far especially for me being an inactive oldtrl player who got into an All Stars season. I am very happy for the privilege and for the opportunity to play this game that started my atrl fascination.

As you know, my parents already decided to push through with the divorce this week and also just yesterday, my grandfather who has COVID succumbed to complications. Heartbroken is an understatement. I feel numb, I know I will hit the grieving phase real soon.

I love the gameplay I have exhibited in this game and it will be hypocritical of me to say that I didn't imagine myself wanting to reach the finale. I love all of the semi finalists and I want to fight for the slot too so I am glad I got into a tiebreaker and really say that I've done it all before I can really surrender and end my journey.

Coming to this game, I want to just not be the first boot, then things went well and I just want to reach merge. Then I also want to reach the sole previous winner remaining in the game. I was able to also play idols that I failed to do in my previous season. A lot of firsts for me.

To all of the players I interacted, please know that I am never mean :) And to the viewers, thanks for listening to my song covers on the confessionals. And to the hoests, kudos! To the finalists, I love u all. Do your best.

Now, I am part of jury which is another first for me. I will try to be active while I'm grieving irl. THANKS EVERYONE!

This is Yvess, your ATRL SURVIVOR SEASON 4 Winner, now signing up. ?

i2aGM02.png

Welcome everyone to this season's Final Tribal Council! Our Top 3 has been officially decided so it is now time to move on to the Final Interview stage of the game. This stage of the game is a final chance for the remaining two castaways to prove why they deserve the title of Sole Survivor.

Below will be three sections detailing how the Finale will work on your part. Read the section corresponding to you.

To the Judges:

We want to thank @Posh Spice @clue @Dylan' @supaspaz for taking out some time in their schedules to help judge this season! This game wouldn't be the same without y'all, and we're eternally grateful.

Your jobs as judges are over (for now) but you may all post a few questions in the thread if you're wondering anything about the castaways. See the jury section for more information.

To the Viewers:

Thank you for being so great (and also for being as discreet as possible)! You all are definitely welcome to ask unbiased questions if you're wondering anything about the castaways.

To the Jury:

For some of you, it's been over a month since your elimination. For others, you're newer to Ponderosa. But all of you have been chatting it up on Discord, and we're grateful for that!

You all have two tasks for this finale. One is optional while the other is mandatory.

The first task is for you to ask questions of the final three. This will be done in real time in the thread. If there are any unanswered questions you want information on, now would be the time to ask them. You may submit one, a few, or none at all if you're content with your viewership of this season. You will have less than two days to ask questions. The deadline for those will be August 22nd @ 10 PM EDT. Make sure to specify whether your question(s) are for one specific castaway or all of them, and you may also include whatever commentary you want (go all out, if your heart desires). Also don't send us too general questions as we will have all of those covered in the interview, as you will see below. Feel free to have a civil discussion in response to the finalists' statements - followup questions are allowed but be reasonable.

The second (mandatory) task for the Jury will be to vote for the winner. The Top 3 will have 3-4 days to finish all of their material so that would put us at the 25th. You will have 24 hours to vote, starting from the 24th at 8 PM EDT. More information on voting will be given after the interviews are posted.

Here are the questions that we will be sending the finalists. Please do not ask them over again:

Hide contents
  • Did you have a strategy coming in here or no?
  • What were your initial thoughts? How did this experience compare to last time for you?
  • How did you think you'd place at the start of the season? Did you expect to make it to the Final Tribal Council?
  • Who did you expect to see in the Final Tribal Council in your honest opinion? Why?
  • Did you have any special memories from this season or learn anything about yourself?
  • Based on your actions alone, why should you win this game? Why shouldn't your opponents win this game?
  • Which other contestants deserved to be in the finale with you?
  • Take us through your alliances this season. From day one to now who have you been aligned with and how has it changed throughout the course of this game?
  • Did you betray any allies you had during the season? If so, who & why?
  • Do you have any regrets in the competition that you feel could hurt you in the vote?
  • Which part of your gameplay do you think was the strongest: social, strategic, or strength (i.e. challenge scores)?
  • Do you think you were more of a threat or an underdog this season?
  • What have you learned about yourself playing multiple seasons?
  • How does this season conclude your ATRL Survivor journey? What did you ultimately get out of it?
  • Do you have any final words before we leave this vote up to the Jury?

To the final 3:

@Bey_Rihstan @Buddy! @Staryu

Congratulations again on making it as far as you can go! A PM will be in your inbox consisting of your final interview. This will be the last chance to make an argument for your win so we advise you all to put great effort into it. After all, it is your last task and can be the deciding factor in who takes the win home with them this season.

The deadline for your interview submission is going to be Saturday, August 22nd @ 8 PM EDT (less than 2 days), but get it done ASAP please! Your responses to the jury questions will be due Monday, August 24th at 8 PM EDT.

Once you are done with your interview, you will submit it to us and then they will all be posted on the 7th (or when all three are submitted). The voting period will be 24 hours, making our finale at 9 PM EDT on Tuesday, August 25th!!

That's it, everybody! Thanks to the judges, once again! Please attempt to submit a question if you're a Jury member. And finally, good luck to the Top 3 castaways! 

Bey_Rihstan | Buddy! | Staryu

uJg4mhF.gif  tSAUrDe.jpg  crjVwhi.gif

Congrats and good luck to the three of you.

Hey Finalists! — congratulations on making it to the Final Three in a season with such high-caliber players! The three of you have absolutely earned it. I’m especially happy because this Final Three is composed of all oldTRLers / Games Section OGs & coming into the game I was convinced we'd get like 70% newTRL folks (not to throw a jab at you guys but c'mon, oldies players are clearly iconic, as shown now). As the rounds have played out I thought my idea of a vote would become easier / more solidified, but it’s a lot more up-in-the-air than I thought. I’m a sucker for extensiveness, so please don’t hesitate to go all out with details.

Questions for All Three:

Spoiler

One of the key things that helped me get through as many Tribals as I did was how I socialized with players in the very first weekend of the game, before first tribes were even formed. How did you utilize this time and how did it affect your game? 

The fact that all three of you were on the outs of the Merge/Z vote and managed to annihilate everyone in the majority vote that round is absolutely INCREDIBLE. I want to know each of your contributions in the planning and execution of that, since I’d imagine it was intentional.

Editing this post 'cause I thought of a new one (I swear I'm done adding): I'm clearly a player who didn't mind damaging my game for the sake of a good bond I had with another player + change of pace / entertainment value. Did any of the three of you "struggle" with this (I use this term loosely) & if so, how?

These three questions may be more important than your individual questions, so if you had to choose which questions to go in-go in on (yeah I know I’m doing the most but I love the game!) these would be the ones.

Questions for Bey_Rihstan:

Spoiler

I feel one of the biggest [potential] misconceptions of your game was that you had no clue what was going on and as a player people just treated you as a vote-ragdoll. I’m not sure what it is, but I’d imagine you’re pretty smart / witty in the real world, which prompts my questions: Just how much information did you have on other players in the game and what was going on in the game? Even if it was done subtly, did you ever drive any strategic decisions this season?

Questions & Notes for Buddy!:

Spoiler

We hadn’t spoken until close to the Merge and I didn’t gather much information for your pre-Merge game while in Jury, so details of your game are the most missing for me. You’d been to a few Tribals. Based on what I know about your style of gameplay, I’m kind of surprised I haven’t heard anything about trying to get someone other than prézli out — did the thought cross your mind / did you try to make that happen? And as for the “TEMPTATION” Idol, do you think you needed it to get to the Final Three, or could you have made it to the end even if you declined it? I'm tacking on another one while editing — did a tribemate of yours ever submit a song you suggested for any of the pre-Merge challenges?

I do want to acknowledge a few things that I found impressive about your game:

• Never having a vote casted against you

• Finding and accepting the “TEMPTATION” Idol (sacrificing your vote & still not getting a single vote in the Double Tribal where only you, Z & Marvin where options is very-very impressive)

• Such strong social ties where no one would vote for you although they knew for rounds that you had an Idol

• Winning the Final4 challenge

Questions & Notes for Staryu:

Spoiler

I feel of the three I have the best idea of how your game went, so my questions’ll be a bit smaller-sized. First, it seemed like you were working with DripDrip when you guys were on a tribe together — what was that game-relationship like? Second, I couldn’t have pictured myself turning on Tom, so I want to know the thought process behind your vote to eliminate Dussy.

I’ve got some great notes for you, as I have for other players, that I’d like to list:

• Being a massive team player in pre-Merge challenges

• Never having a vote casted against you

• Finding two Idols

• Being the only finalist to have played an Idol openly for another player (the fact that you didn’t hand it to Dussy behind-the-chats & played it out loud was fantastic) & successfully Idol’ing another player out

• Shifting your narrative as a player TWICE (first at the Merge where you’d gotten told prior that you were dominating the pre-Merge votes so you instantly played a more submissive role to the votes + the second time where you reintegrated yourself after playing your second Idol & had even been voted “Most Likely to Win” the next round)

• Winning the Tiebreaker challenge 

A Special Tribute to Bey_Rihstan:

Spoiler

You are a damn Queen. Regardless of how the vote goes / what anyone says, you 100% deserve your spot in the Final Three this season after being snubbed time and time again. While some may think you got carried to the end, let me just say that winning THREE Individual Immunities post-Merge was definitely not a floater-like approach and I respect that you stayed loyal to the same players / crew from Day1. You were also of great help in the pre-Merge challenges and I loved being tribemates. Although the fact you got zero (from what it seems) advantages / rewards in the game can be seen as a negative thing, I think the fact that you made it all the way through without having any PlanB is just as much, if not more, of a positive. I would always tell people not to underestimate you and you proved to be a slick player this season. The fact that you’ve only ever had one voted casted against you, by a player who got eliminated that round, speaks well to your résumé as well.

I will NOT tolerate any disrespect towards the Queen (I know people refer to Riri. as “the Queen” but Bey_Rih’s always been my Riri) and it’s about time that you got to the end where you can get your PROPS formally! Although things never lined up for us to work together the way I would’ve liked (you were the first player I hit up while the Cast Reveal was going down!), each season that I’ve either played with you or watched you has been an absolute treat. From your GIFs, witty messages and everything else, you have been THE heart of the season for me and have served as sweet spots in multiple previous ones. This game just would not have been as enjoyable / smile&laugh-inducing without you!

uJg4mhF.gifuJg4mhF.gifuJg4mhF.gif

Again, I know I am doing the MOST and you’ve already got formal Interview questions but this could end up being a close one so I wanna make sure I have full confidence in who I’m voting for, since the three of you have put in hours & hours into this over the past 2.5months & I’d want to respect your time. Again, congratulations & best of luck! <3

Edited by Lucky#17

• ATRL Moderator

Congratulations to all of you for making it to the end! Best of luck.

One of the key things that helped me get through as many Tribals as I did was how I socialized with players in the very first weekend of the game, before first tribes were even formed. How did you utilize this time and how did it affect your game? 

I did socialize that weekend but it was mainly with the S9 girls + Yvess. I wanted to solidify the bond I already had with the S9 players, in hopes that if we were on a tribe together, there was already some built in trust. And with Yvess, we had talked on ATRL before about how big of a fan he was of season 3 of ATRL Survivor and how much he stanned my game then, so I knew I should work on getting to know him better. I feel like I should have reached out to more people than I did though, but I didn't want to overplay and honestly, I'm really not that social usually, I enjoy being alone, so the fact that my social game became what it did this season really took me by surprise, and it came more naturally than I ever thought it would. 

The fact that all three of you were on the outs of the Merge/Z vote and managed to annihilate everyone in the majority vote that round is absolutely INCREDIBLE. I want to know each of your contributions in the planning and execution of that, since I’d imagine it was intentional.

At merge, I was desperate for a locked in alliance I could be loyal to, I had people I was loyal to but not really a group, I wanted a group chat alliance so I made one with Baby Z, Buddy, Yvess, and Kaeli and we pledged loyalty to each other and I think the Baby Z blindside REALLY solidified my loyalty to them because that was such a heavy blow to me. My main objective after the Baby Z blindside was to take out the leader (in my mind) of the other side, which was you, I felt like they were all following your lead because you are so friendly and charismatic + I knew you 100% had Tom's loyalty since you saved him, so even if you weren't "the leader", you two were definitely the strongest pair in my eyes. I also knew Kaeli was close to you because she mentioned you quite a bit in our one on one convos + Buddy had ins with other people from that side and would share information as well, so us 3 together really was a perfect fit because we all had different info to share and were bonded together by the blindside. 

Editing this post 'cause I thought of a new one (I swear I'm done adding): I'm clearly a player who didn't mind damaging my game for the sake of a good bond I had with another player + change of pace / entertainment value. Did any of the three of you "struggle" with this (I use this term loosely) & if so, how?

This isn't exactly the same situation as you went through but I did struggle with whether or not tor turn on Buddy a little bit towards the end I guess when Kiwi approached me about working together and taking out Buddy, but it was just too late in my opinion. Kiwi and I had barely spoke the whole game and I really liked my alliance with Buddy + I knew he was close with Kaeli too and I didn't want to risk possibly losing both of them by trying to replace Buddy with Kiwi. I do think I have a stronger bond with Kaeli but I still didn't want to mess up a good thing, so I didn't act on Kiwi's offer. 

First, it seemed like you were working with DripDrip when you guys were on a tribe together — what was that game-relationship like? Second, I couldn’t have pictured myself turning on Tom, so I want to know the thought process behind your vote to eliminate Dussy.

I had never talked game with DripDrip prior to us being thrown together after that tribe swap, I thought she was close with Kaeli (but apparently they weren't) so we voted together the first tribal we went to but then we had to go back to tribal again and Drip was the best option to go for my game because I barely knew her :deadbanana2:so no we weren't really working together and I was a bit wary of her because I didn't know who her real allies were.

My thought process about having to vote out Dussy was that I really did not want to do it :rip: It was an internal struggle for sure, I had the same issue last season, I did not want to turn on any of my allies/friends and chose to just let them vote me out at final 7 instead. I did not want to repeat that mistake this time and the fact that Dussy went on to win last season, that helped to make my decision easier. We knew we would get separated eventually and he had told me he was okay with me going on and that he wants me to win it all, so in a way that boosted my motivation to win even more. 

@Lucky#17 Thank you for your questions, I can tell you really care about this game and I appreciate it!

I also completely agree with your tribute to Kaeli, she is such a queen :heart: 

I feel one of the biggest [potential] misconceptions of your game was that you had no clue what was going on and as a player people just treated you as a vote-ragdoll. I’m not sure what it is, but I’d imagine you’re pretty smart / witty in the real world, which prompts my questions: Just how much information did you have on other players in the game and what was going on in the game? Even if it was done subtly, did you ever drive any strategic decisions this season?

That’s definitely a misconception as I (along with Star and Buddy) had a hand in every juror’s elimination except yours & Baby Z’s. The only times a jury Tribal didn’t go my way was when Baby Z was blindsided and when Star used the idol on Dussy. As far as knowledge of what was going on in the game, I always had the tea. Except, again, when Baby Z was voted out. That is the one time I was left in the dark this season. Me, Buddy and Staryu all had different relationships with each member of the jury, so we’d always send and receive info from one another. Also, let me clarify that Me Buddy and Star didn’t start exclusively working as a trio until the final 6, although we were in a bigger group chat. Yvess was another really good source for information on the other side as well. At one point, i had active working relationships with You, Staryu,Buddy, Yvess and Tom/Dussy occasionally. Including myself, that’s a solid 7 of the 12(?) jurors. It was fairly easy to find out what the other side had planned for that particular Tribal Council. That’s how we found out kiiwii had an idol and conjured up the plan to have staryu vote for drip just in case. And he was eliminated :rip: or like when i heard that EriKills, Kiiwii and skipper were plotting to come for me at a point in time ?. Part of my strategy was playing up the oblivious class clown act so that I would never be anyone’s main target. I wanted to hide in plain sight. it seems to have worked. It might be hard to believe, but don’t be fooled, I wasn’t carried to the top 3!

As far as strategy goes, I think anyone in one of those group chats will vouch that I was always one of, if not THE main one weighing the pro’s and cons of every Tribal Council and what would happen next should that person leave. For Example, I was the one that suggested we target kipperskipper because it was clear that he was the mastermind behind the idea of getting out Baby Z. I knew if he didn’t leave, it would most likely be one of us AND the other side would have the numbers. 

I also convinced my tribe to vote out NLTM because I knew he would be a massive threat if he made it to jury (love you sis, stream Ungodly Hour!). In addition to that, I campaigned for dussy to stay around for an extra 3 or 4 rounds so that we’d always have the majority even though the girls wanted him OUT (sans Staryu). Also, the reason Medo went home instead of Staryu, even though Staryu got like a 4 overall score, was because I made the tribe think Star would be the better team player in the long run :rip:

I also managed to get the tribe to keep me over Golden (whom I love) even though I had the lowest average on the tribe by a large margin. Lemme not ramble. But in short, I always offered up a name to vote out and that name usually was eliminated.

Before the tribes were formed, I talked with quite a bit of the castaways, but You, Buddy, Golden and Staryu are the only ones that I made allies out of. I’d say this helped my game going forward because as you can see, 3 of us are still here. But I was able to always have an ally to help out if needed and vice versa! Staryu was my closest ally followed closely by Buddy. 

So at the time, I was in 2 group chats simultaneously. 1 consisting of Yvess, Staryu, Buddy and Baby Z & another one consisting of Yvess, You, Dussy and Staryu. Buddy and I were talking about how kipperskipper was the obvious puppet master behind Baby Z’s elimination and how he’d keep causing MESS if he stayed. I saw this as the perfect opportunity to get my allies in those group chats on board for a kipper elimination and didn’t stop pushing it until everyone agreed bbbdhdj. Long story short, he went out that round and we obtained the majority of the votes for the rest of the competition. I’d say that was the turning point for the game. 

I'm clearly a player who didn't mind damaging my game for the sake of a good bond I had with another player + change of pace / entertainment value. Did any of the three of you "struggle" with this (I use this term loosely) & if so, how?

I actually didn’t. The closest I came to ruining a bond was when golden was eliminated but at that point it was either him or me and I don’t think he holds any hard feelings. 

@Lucky#17 thank you so much for the kind words. You’ve been a light for me this entire game and I’m still sad we weren’t able to work together as much as we could have! You were Super amazing to play with. Thanks for the questions also! I answered to the best of my ability hhbhfhf

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.