? DIAMOND HIT ? Farewell / Next Season Announcement pg.328 ?

fountain

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• ceremonials

• Jackson

• Temporal

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ceremonials said:

what happened at la grammys

Adele became the only person to ever sweep twice and Bey only won 2 awards 

1 hour ago, ceremonials said:

The 6hr late drag

i just posted it because Sia tweeted it tonight and it was beautifully ironic 

Just now, Jackson said:

i just posted it because Sia tweeted it tonight and it was beautifully ironic 

ff oh

come to dubtrack ugleee

6 hours ago, jpow said:

maybe I'll skate by into another round again :dancehall: 

I didn't realise you had submitted I was high key talking about you ??

34 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

Did everyone submit? 

@Kunst hasn't, nor the comeback ppl

Edited by keshaspearsxo

Kunst sadly can't submit so it'll be just 1 elim, and thus starts the 1 per round from here on out til the final

2 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Kunst sadly can't submit so it'll be just 1 elim, and thus starts the 1 per round from here on out til the final

:party: 

Results will be more suspenseful from now on, I love it

Funnellegs - Youth

Ceremonials - Isabella

Corsola - Drip Drop

Aurora - Poles Apart

Ughgabriel - Prologue/Epilogue

Jackson - Bottle

Saintwest - Oblivion

Jpow - Theif

8thPrince - Signs

1 hour ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Corsola - Drip Drop

Drop top

wait, since there are 9 I could post them in 3 batches of three. Let me make a quick graphqiue.

After these three, I'm headed to work though

XbWVyxM.png

Round 7 Reviews

Funnellegs 

Okay before I read any further, that opening line could not be a more beautiful introduction to my judging this season. 

The first verse pretty much kept that stamina but after a rocky pre chorus, the actual chorus fell flat. Suffering from cliches, and overall uninteresting diction, it felt long and dragged your entry down. It had an ambitious rhyme scheme, but I feel like it could have been executed better. The breathe/leave rhyme at the beginning of the bridge was cringeworthy, especially considering the line is “my best friend’s about to up and leave.” The verses were the only strong assets of this entry, and even then the first more so than the second one. However, I do appreciate the emotion behind it and that’s not irrelevant. It conveys a helpless feeling, although sometimes a bit too bluntly. 

ceremonials

This read more like a suicide note than the intended purpose but nonetheless, it was a moving entry. There were many high points/one liners that made me stop for a moment just to admire them such as “the storms that I traversed and the mountains that I climbed,” although it’s not utterly original, it fits beautifully within the context and meter. Good job. The repetition in the chorus did get a little tiring, but the feelings behind it were solid. I wasn’t a fan of the bridge. Although it was long, it felt like you added it there just because you thought this song needed a bridge, and maybe it did but not the one you gave it. From the easy rhymes (case/face should be punishable by law) to the jarring name drop, it just felt flat and it didn’t  really add anything. However, the final couplet was indeed one of the greatest things I’ve read as a judge.

“So if you ever feel like you need a mother’s touch / Flip this paper over and send me back your love.” Woo. Let’s just all admire this for a second. Chills.

Corsola

Although I am not terribly familiar with her music, this instantly gave me Melanie Martinez (?) vibes. You took a dark and serious topic and turned into a quasi-lullaby. Although there were many rough spots, such as the “burn like hottest flames,” and the majority of the second verse, I like the consistency. Oftentimes weak writers will make a bold decision but fail to stay consistent thus turning it into a bad choice but you kept the whole temperamental weather theme going and solidified it in the bridge, so kudos.

I am sorry to hear what you have been and are going through.

Edited by swiftie13

JBeCJ4HgGlX00AcmkyKC4Pul_mY_1CKp4MxggrTsyqVDyCpZd33Fwc1WC3KcU2V_yOF8ACQ_UeT5XvYhMF3lJIsyBv1lHJEM5BexbWlkqMx363KvJYOxqgc-I8G-Hf16Ee8jlZLU

Round 7 Reviews

(Part 1 of 2)

@Hug - June Bugs

Bitch, you did that! The metaphor you chose was not only simple, but had multiple layers to it which all gave the “june bugs” different meanings. Nothing was stated too subtly or bluntly (except maybe the “parents” part???), and your imagery was all there for a reason, which is important in any song that decides to use it. I would like to give a special mention to the second half of your chorus. The June/July/August motif was a great idea and so well-executed; I was impressed! Not only that, but it was a standout part as far as meter goes. It’s for sure a career highlight. Well done. :clap3:

@funnellegs - Youth

I want to give credit where it’s due - the first line set a wonderful tone for the rest of the song...now if only you kept that momentum going. To me, it looked like you quickly lost what you wanted with this song, which was a picturesque story driven song about a relationship going through a rough patch. A few of the lines that, to me, seemed off were “...don’t tell me that this silence isn’t overgrown”; the double negative was only there for meter purposes, and could’ve been omitted. “...we used to have it so good”, in both lines of the pre-chorus, felt...immature. There are a lot of great words that could replace the relatively childish sounding phrase “so good”. Also, since I’m working my way there, the whole chorus was inferior to the verses, and I don’t believe that’s ever a good thing. What made the chorus weak to me were some of the…”common phrases” you threw in there. “I’ll pull the plug”, “we’re on the edge”, and, although not in that category, “I’ll do that trick you taught me” was a clunky way to express whatever idea it was that you were going for. I will backtrack a bit and say that your first verse was...good as far as meter went. I say this because it’s not as good in your second verse. Not only that, but it’s a jumbled mess of ideas...pills, knees, streets, alone...what? There’s a lot of details you just crammed into this song, and I’m not getting any of it. I won’t do too much on the bridge, it’s okay? I just think “this life keeps asking to much of me” could be stronger if you dropped “this” in it. I also think “I need a new reason to breathe” is oddly phrased. Those are nitpicks, but I figured it’s worth mentioning since I already rammed through the rest of your song. I also don’t know what possessed you to go back to the style of song that you have been doing through most of the game; even though I may have been a bit hard on your last entry, I appreciated the change of pace, and this seemed like a devolution to me.

@ceremonials - Isabella

I like the concept, but I really can’t help but feel this is in a similar vein to your entry about the mother who was dying because she was sick or whatever. It’s not exactly the same, no, but the general idea is there. I also feel like this is one long quote without the quotation tags, and I do not know how I feel about it. Shout-out to the ending line, though; love the sentiment behind it, and it was executed well. I would, however, like to ask you a favor: write about something other than death for once, please. (and just because I’m a bitch: I like your dark retelling of Welcome to the World. :heart2: )

@Corsola - Drip Drop

I am going to get my negativity out of the way first. If I didn’t know any better, I would’ve sworn you were trying to be a Melanie Martinez act, and low-key I don’t like her. Also, there were some rough lines, particularly, the “hottest flames” and “overflowing” lines in the chorus. Try not to make your chorus a weak spot! That should be your most polished part of the song, if you ask me. Now, with that out of the way, let’s get to my positive comments. YOU’VE IMPROVED SO MUCH. I am not saying that just to be nice, either. Corsoladjectives is nowhere to be seen in this entry. (Besides for the “hottest flames” part, but really? Negligible.) And your meter? IT ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE A SONG. Speaking of, I won’t even lash you for the “drip drop” parts, because it made it feel that much more like a real song. I loved the overall simplistic style you took here; you really sold your idea. One more thing, YOUR METAPHORS WERE CONSISTENT. I do not know why this is still a problem for people at this point in the game, but you went through with your idea and it made it all the better for me. Once again, I want to point out that you have improved so much; I would go so far as to say you’re the most evidently improved contestant all season. It really makes me excited to see what you’ll come up with next. Way to go. :heart2:

@Aurora - Poles Apart

What the **** is a shon? I googled it, and I only see Urban Dictionary definitions and Hindu mythology, but I’m going to assume it’s a tense of “shine”. Anyway, I do like this entry, but I don’t think it’s because of the topic you chose or how you represented it. It’s just an entry I find to be well-written on a technical level, particularly the chorus. “Admit I’m sane, confide your pain / it’s all in vain, we’re poles apart” is just an example of this, the rhyming that went into the line after it was such a nice touch and made the chorus feel more rhythmic, and that’s what I really enjoyed about this entry. There’s a rhythm to it. I can’t say it’s the most novel idea, but it works for what it is.

When you realize you've made a dire mistake and sent in an unpolished version of your song and the lashings are going to be unbearable. :celestial4:

Edited by SaintWest

I really need starts submitting earlier again. Don't like waiting for reviews

Opu83WB.gif