Janet Jackson

Bitchcraft

1 hour ago, jdmc219 said:

Agreed. I meant to say youngins "weren't" checking for her. But yeah, bring in the adults. Launch the album and release BIU. Or Dammn Baby. Either one for me. But she just went as a promotional single.....??? And released Unbreakable??? I mean what? 

If BIU would have been hot with a remix. Add nicki with Missy. (Nicki was hot during the time) with a fire dance video. )

No Sleep honestly should have been bigger too. Why they didn't have jcole push it is so stupid! I remember the video literally went super viral on facebook cause many people didn't know Jcole was on it. 

• Replies 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jdmc219

• eli's_rhythm

• Tremor Christ

• Moth 2 The Flame

53 minutes ago, mjj said:

Anyone know why nasty has never been uploaded to youtube?? Really weird.

Why aren't any of her videos uploaded to YT?! That's been the question for a good 15 years!

5t7Ppv5.gif

45 minutes ago, Marshal_ac said:

Does Khia get a a check for “So Excited”? I looooove the song but I don’t want Khia homophobic ass getting a check from me.

That's what she thinks.

She had 6 lines on that song, and still talking about CHECKS! :ahh:

You know what? I'm not going to sit here and pretend I don't enjoy Khia's lines on So Excited. I do the entire song plus is you hungry?

5t7Ppv5.gif

monologueNacafe

While BurnItUp is an absolutely DISGUSTING song, it definitely showed signs that it might’ve gone somewhere 

The hype before that album was >. It was the perfect storm. I think she would’ve done a lot better had things been different 

1 hour ago, monologueNacafe said:

While BurnItUp is an absolutely DISGUSTING song,

QdlemZj.png

1 hour ago, lonnie said:

You know what? I'm not going to sit here and pretend I don't enjoy Khia's lines on So Excited. I do the entire song plus is you hungry?

5t7Ppv5.gif

Is you hungry, well can I give you a treat? I got you lickin on my body like it's something to eat!!

I don't think anyone hates it, we just hate her. :) And use her for laughs.

3 hours ago, jdmc219 said:

QdlemZj.png

Is you hungry, well can I give you a treat? I got you lickin on my body like it's something to eat!!

I don't think anyone hates it, we just hate her. :) And use her for laughs.

I don't like Khia either and why the hell did she think Janet's label was going to promote her more than they would Janet on a Janet song that she is featured :deadbanana2:

And when they brought up her mugshots :rip:

Bloodflowers.

I think So Excited arrived too late. Had it been released in 2004 on Damita Jo, Janet would've still been unstoppable :'(

1 hour ago, Bloodflowers. said:

I think So Excited arrived too late. Had it been released in 2004 on Damita Jo, Janet would've still been unstoppable :'(

So excited as the lead, wow, perfect for that time. But I don’t think anything would stick with the blacklist happening. At that time, it’s mostly radio driven hits, without that support, it’s going nowhere..

Moth 2 The Flame

Captured on the eve of her debut South African promotional tour, in August 1997, this interview with Janet Jackson reveals more than just The Velvet Rope. A very introspective album, “finding myself is where I find myself,” she declared. This time around, Janet was focusing on her R&B roots. She spoke to me about exposing her inner, sensual self. “If it’s too much, I apologise,” she confessed at the time. “I have desires, just like the next person. It’s very unsettling. We’re not alone in our feelings.” Most artists would not touch the subject matter, yet Janet embraced it.

“I have to do it for myself,” she insisted. When discussing “Got ’til it’s Gone” – in this interview Janet talks through how the Joni Michelle-inspired track came together. And with Q-Tip in residence, the two made magic. “He has a peacefulness about him,” she said at the time. “Tonight’s the Night”, Rod Stewart’s classic made it onto the album too… At the point of this recording, he’d yet to hear and endorse it. “I hope it helps people,” she said, “and that they get something from it. That’s most important.” It was a difficult album to make, where Janet went back into her past to realise it. Six months committed and multiple revisits saw The Velvet Rope come to life. Working with the original team, all egos were left at the door.

“I hate arrogance,” she insisted. Cathartic, unsettling, as time passed each day after the album was released, Janet got her strength, courage and artistic conviction confirmed with the album’s success. Here she also speaks of her friendship with Harvey Weinstein in 1997, the same year she received the Lina Horn Award. “I felt so honoured!” she recalls. Janet discusses racism, emotional battles and her inner struggles. More motivated then as ever, Janet, for the first time since Control, Ms Jackson was doing it for herself, no matter what.

Typical interview with the same old info we know now about the creation of the album, but one brand new info at about the 15 minute mark out of this phone interview was how Janet came about writing the song for Every Time with the movie "Sliding Doors" in mind for it...after she talked to Harvey Weinstein about it :biblio: and he sent her the script for the movie so she could write something for it. If only she knew what kind of guy he was back then I doubt she would've been good friends with him.

Luckily the song was never included on the soundtrack for the movie but this makes me wonder if this could partly be the reason why Janet has never really performed this song on her tours (other than a one-off performance in Japan in 1999 for The Velvet Rope tour)? The stained association of it being created for a Harvey Weinstein funded movie?

allforyou
14 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Janet was at her lowest... fat, nasty and broke. Career in shambles. She came on this bitch mad as hell!!!

:bibliahh: but seriously this should've been 20 Y.O.'s lead single, Call On Me is a snooze fest idk how it went top 20 on radio, #ThankYouNelly I guess

Bloodflowers.
40 minutes ago, allforyou said:

:bibliahh: but seriously this should've been 20 Y.O.'s lead single, Call On Me is a snooze fest idk how it went top 20 on radio, #ThankYouNelly I guess

Where did So Excited and Call on Me peaked on Hot 100?

allforyou
5 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Where did So Excited and Call on Me peaked on Hot 100?

Call On Me: #25

So Excited: #90 (:rip:)

Bloodflowers.
2 minutes ago, allforyou said:

Call On Me: #25

So Excited: #90 (:rip:)

More than Burnitup! #ThankYouKhia

f884ace917a70b9ac5594b7b19d21d81.gif

allforyou
Just now, Bloodflowers. said:

Burnitup! was the smash waiting to happen but oh well at least No Sleeep got that cute #63 peak #ThankYouJCole

Unbreakable didn't have any singles material left after No Sleeep. Dammn Baby was the closest to one

28 minutes ago, xrosup said:

Unbreakable didn't have any singles material left after No Sleeep. Dammn Baby was the closest to one

Please. She definitely had BURNITUP. Take Me Away. Night was cute. Maybe Gon B Alright, but not exactly radio friendly.

5 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Maybe that's why she's still hurt over those CHECKS!!! THE PUBLISHING REQUEST!!

Burp It Up would've maybe made a cute single in like 2006 when people were actually making songs that sounded like that.  :celestial4:

Edited by Aerosol