Critiques

Group A

Spoiler

Друг (Drug) feat. Anna Severnee - деньночь

i really liked the whole vibe of the song. great production + vocals  

Everglow - Moon

ahhhhh, the production on this is ON POINT. a bop all round, whew

P!nk - Hey Why

i'm sorry, but... this ain't it. the chorus alone is dated, generic and autotuned af. the verses aren't that great either. the song kinda bops at some points but that's about it. pretty sure there were better choices in this album alone.

Tove Lo - Stay Over

omfg, this is SO good. i never got around to listening Sunshine Kitty for whatever reason so this was my first listen and :jonny5: 

WJSN - You Got This

issa bop. the bridge >

Red Velvet - LP

i mean... it's ok, i guess

VÉRITÉ - body in my bed

wheeeew, i love this. the bass, the production, the lyrics are all on point

Tove lo - Mateo 

this is so ****ing good. see the tove critic above

yeule - An Angel Held Me Like A Child

this is so ethereal, loved the violins. kinda made me sleepy in a good way

Kelsey Lu - Poor Fake

again, very ethereal. this is not my prefered genre of music, but actually really enjoyed this nonetheless.

Billie Eilish - i love you

probably my favorite billie song. the lyrics are beautiful, the song in itself is soothing af and overall filled with a lot of emotion  great job!

GFRIEND - Wish

sounds like something that would be used for a 2000s commercial... no ma'am

Sigrid - Basic

really love the build up to the chorus. as for the rest of the song, the verses are cute and the chorus is a bit generic but it's a bop nonetheless.

Twice - Trick It

i don't hate it but the flow of the song is a bit messy, and the song gets boring/repetitive after a minute. 

Turnover - Number On The Gate

i'm sorry but this did nothing for me. it's kinda boring and unmemorable :sorry: 

Group B

Spoiler

LEÓN - Pink

absolutely loved everything on this. the vocals, the production, the lyrics, the vibe, all on point. my one complaint, if any, would be that the song kinda leaves you wanting more? almost like it's missing one big final chorus. but that's not necesarilly something bad, since it made me want to listen to it again immediately

Betty Who - All This Woman

i kinda like it, but at the same time i really don't care for it? it's a song that i feel like i should like, with the the badass production,  and the strongbass, but it just doesn't do much for me. Still a bop tho.

Red Velvet - In & Out

i like this more than the other RV song that was sent. it's a bop

Miley Cyrus - Unholy

it's one of the better songs on the EP. A mindless bop. Kinda falls on the generic scale tho.

DIdo - Hell After This

this is such a disappointment. It started off SO good and with so much potential and just went nowhere. Literally the same monotonous beat/vocals throughout the whole song.

Beyoncé - Crazy In Love (Homecoming Live)
a literal iconic bop :jonny2: 

Céline Dion - The Hard Way

i see you fatty ( @PinkBox ). I love myself a good power ballad tho, so slay :clap3: 

Weyes Blood - Wild Time

i feel like i would enjoy this more if i was calmer nnn. I do like it tho. It's really chill and beautiful.

Weyes Blood - A Lot's Gonna Change

i feel like i would enjoy this more if i was calmer nnn [2]. I do find this a little more boring than Wild Time tho.

Kerli - Legends

this goes OFFF. Absolutely love this. Will be adding to my library.

Self Esteem - I'm Shy

this is just ok. don't really care for it much

Billie Eilish - my strange addiction

ahhhhh, this is great. a bop. one of Billie's best for sure

Sigrid - Never Mine

oh wow, i like this much more than the other Sigrid song that was sent. It's cute.

Miley Cyrus - The Most

the lyrics and vocals absolutely make the song. i love it, best song on the EP.

Results in 30 minutes~ or so from now :heart2: 

@MusicLoverDude I'm gonna allow you, because it's the first round, to still send your rankings in the next 30 minutes. Failing to do so then, will result in a penalty of -2 on your average

me posting the critiques and sending the rankings two minutes before the deadline, whew :fan: 

that said, this ****ty week is over for me and after this i'll have a bit more time on my hands, so i'll definetely be more on time from now on.

Can't wait. Hoping for a top 3-5 in my group, even though pretzel tastelessly dragged my entry

mpjADXY.png

3 minutes ago, nina_ said:

how does the ranking works? one in my group and one overall?

It's per group, and the person with the highest average overall will win and we will continue from there on out. i will also note the contestants and judges averages, and will reveal the full rankings once the results have finished!

There are going to be 3 eliminations tonight! one of each group that are last place. The other one will (unlike what I've stated before lol cause i can do what i want) be chosen by the winners of the group. They will pick from the second to last places from both groups and our third eliminated person is there :cm: 

now onto.. group 1!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.