• dussymob

• FutureHive

• GokuRed

SJLT needs to hit that number 1 spot...

Coldplay deserves it

6 minutes ago, Willy. said:

@simmnfierzig

Predictions for Swalla next week, please? :emofish:

Should go up something like 10 spots. Still waiting on early sales estimates from kworb....

Just now, simmnfierzig said:

Should go up something like 10 spots. Still waiting on early sales estimates from kworb....

This is the first week of its discount (it's #30 on iTunes right now). Surprised it rose so much this week. 

3 hours ago, ahdm said:

Chainsmokers' recent success is amazing, and so happy for Coldplay getting a top 3, nine years after Viva La Vida took the top spot; is really weird how unimpressive their singles peaks and stats are, especially their singles last decade...

1 Viva La Vida

8 Speed of Sound

10 A Sky Full of Stars

13 Adventure of a Lifetime

14 Every Teadrop is a Waterfall

14 Magic

15 Paradise

20 Princess of China

25 Hymn for the weekend

25 Christmas Lights

29 Clocks

29 Midnight

40 Violet Hill

Those are all their top 40 hits and out of those only 5 are from 2010 or before, Christmas Lights and Midnight only lasted 3 weeks, Violet Hill 10, Princess of China 12 and Magic 14; I mean those stats are nice but considering how big Coldplay is you would expect them to be much much better, they were and still are a big force in music though, their albums and tours are huge though so it's all okay, I just think is something interesting to look at.

True, but they've always been album artists

4 hours ago, Green said:

Nelly got a #1 hit in 2006 though :cm: 

And a top 5 hit in 2010 :cm:

1. HUMBLE. 101,000
  2. Shape of You 72,000 -16%
  3. That's What I Like 72,000 -9%
  4. Body Like a Back Road 69,000 +15%
  5. The Fighter 56,000 +146%
  6. Something Just Like This 55,000 -8%
  7. Thomas Rhett - Craving You 52,000
  8. Miranda Lambert - Tin Man 46,000 
  9. Rockabye 44,000
  10. Lady Antebellum - You Look Good 40k +325%

YASSS IGGY DEBUTING AT #17 No Frauds wishes 

Edit: Bubbling under :rip:

Edited by oceans

Country

• Sam Hunt - Body Like a Back Road 69,000
  • Keith Urban - The Fighter 56,000
  • Thomas Rhett - Craving You 52,000
  • Miranda Lambert - Tin Man 46,000
  • Lady Antebellum - You Look Good 40,000
  • Florida Georgia Line - God, Your Mama, And Me 25,000 +108%
  • Keith Urban - Blue Ain't Your Color 25,000 +113%
  • Jason Derulo - Swalla 24,000 +128%
  • Brothers Osborne - It Ain't My Fault 16,000 +236%

6 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

Everyday at #94 :deadbanana3:

:deadbanana3:

That title cut off :rip: was about to congratulate Iggy on a top 20 but it's on the bubbling under chart :rip: 

6 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

What is really unique about the chainsmokers is thet they are doing it alone and not part of an overall trend,

usually when hen a band succeeds to the level of the chainsmokers, a lot of the top tier of the chart will be similar in genre.  That's not always the case, but throughout the chart history it's mostly that way,  

so like when the bee gees were big ( and no I'm not comparing or putting TCS on that level) disco was big.  Currently EDM Is not dominating the top 10, nor are there signs that it will due to TCS success.

thats a bit unique,

Yes, altough I don't think EDM was as "dead" as some people were saying it was but indeed it's not the main music trend on the US right now and that makes it more impressive.

I respect them a lot for not trying to recreate "#Selfie" success with the same kind of viral songs, and releasing Roses, Don't Let Me Down and Closer in that exact order was brilliant in my opinion.

3 hours ago, ceremonials said:

True, but they've always been album artists

I know, they are huge but I still find their singles stats in the US interesting, for example Fix You went to #4 in Canada and it didn't even make it into the top 50 in the US and even globally songs like The Scientist, Yellow, Fix You and Clocks have low peaks but to me they all felt very big, their current streams for those songs are also pretty good.

Edited by ahdm

6 minutes ago, chriistiaaans said:

Omg poor Iggy. I feel like she'll never chart again. 

I think you're right. To stay relevant I think she needed to be constantly on radio. Given her unfortunate online image/brand she has no actual fanbase to buy her songs.

1 minute ago, Fruity said:

I think you're right. To stay relevant I think she needed to be constantly on radio. Given her unfortunate online image/brand she has no actual fanbase to buy her songs.

I was lowkey rooting for her. If she couldn't get Mo Bounce to chart with a video,  then I think it's the end of her Hot 100 career.

19 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

Yeah, and there are Rock songs deserving mainstream radio attention. However, since Top 40 and HAC barely played The Sound Of Silence, which had strong sales, good YT numbers, and spent several weeks within the Spotify Top 200, I'm really not sure what it will take for Rock to finally breach the barriers Top 40 has built to keep the genre out.

The Twenty One Pilots are not really Rock, nor is Lorde. I like both artists, but neither is anywhere close to real Rock. Linkin Park went from Rock to Pop for their last two albums, so Heavy doesn't qualify as remotely Rock either. Papa Roach has released an unusually pop friendly song with a female artist, but I bet it's still too Rokish for Top 40 and HAC.

Yeah Periscope doesn't really stand a chance at Top 40, like you say it's still a little "rockish" even when it's by far Papa Roach's most pop friendly song, and also let's be honest Papa Roach it's not a big name neither is Skylar Grey (the female singer) so the only way pop would even dare to touch it is if it does insanely well on Itunes/Spotify which won't happen.

I guess the closest to rock we will see on Pop radio, besides Linkin Park, are songs by bands like Fall Out Boy and Paramore

Dropouts

5jw8d5.png

Video version of Hot 100

poor Noah falling out :weeps:time for single #2 

8 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

What is really unique about the chainsmokers is thet they are doing it alone and not part of an overall trend,

usually when hen a band succeeds to the level of the chainsmokers, a lot of the top tier of the chart will be similar in genre.  That's not always the case, but throughout the chart history it's mostly that way,  

so like when the bee gees were big ( and no I'm not comparing or putting TCS on that level) disco was big.  Currently EDM Is not dominating the top 10, nor are there signs that it will due to TCS success.

thats a bit unique,

They are album seller. Look at their album sales. It's really amazing.