YouTube Views: What Happened?

Pop Art

Streaming services, that's the reason

I used to listen to music on youtube when i was younger but there's no point now, that doesn't mean youtube is dying by any means, there's still a lot of great content there (analysis, asmr, trailers, live performances, etc)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pop Art

• -brian

• BadX

• Chemical X.

7 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

okay, let's examine US Youtube last week:

1-10 100% english

11-20 70% english

21-30 80% english

31-40 90% english

So 85% english. Given how weak English-language songs are on the global T40 Youtube, it's obvious that it's not the US driving Youtube

you’re gonna use one single week to make this point? for these latin american artists with massive views like j balvin, bad bunny, ozuna, the US is their first or second biggest market

and of course no one singular country is gonna be driving youtube?? :skull: but the US switches between second/third biggest consumer of music videos on youtube weekly

you can’t make claims youtube usage is declining without any sort of (relevant) data..

Edited by -brian

It's very obvious sweetie..

AM and especially Spotify tookover in Music Streaming.... a much better platform for profit cause YOUTUBE Rate is so cheap.. that's why BB lowered its weight and most countries don't even consider it...

Meaning, Labels focused on playlisting and promo in the relevant platforms..

Youtube is still bigger than Spotify or AM tho but more on vlogs less music in comparison to the 2013-2015 Youtube Peak.. it's just that the 1st world countries and the anglosphere moved on already..

Music is dying there as streaming takes over.

In addition, this gen's attention span and mobile data are limited. They prefer shorter videos from social media.

On 8/25/2019 at 12:16 AM, Bey_Rihstan said:

Like remember when 100M was a lot and a billion was damn near impossible if u weren’t Baby or Gangnam Style? 

Then a few years later it seemed like sizable hits were just ****ting them out. Now I know why I guess .

There are more and more regular Internet users as time passes on so it shouldn't be surprising that what is considered large amount of views keeps changing. A 100 million views was a lot back in 2007-2009, but by the 2010s, reaching 500 million and then eventually 1 billion was possible.

And now YouTube is fading. More and more people are moving to Spotify. I remember using Spotify back in 2012 and 1 million listens for a song being a huge deal. :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.