Nightmare bombed. Why?

FloridaKilos

Exactly the same reason as Perfect Illusion. Sounds too agressive, a rock sound will never ever be successful.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FloridaKilos

• RideOrDie

• halcyonday

• Evolution

20 hours ago, halcyonday said:

She doesn't care about the charts so she released a rock song. That's what happened.

20 hours ago, GardenPanty said:

without me was a very safe move. she took a risk by releasing a rock-oriented single which doesn’t sound like today’s current hits 

20 hours ago, ThePinkWidow said:

The geepee is never here for a rock song smashing in 2019

20 hours ago, Green said:

Sadly the GP is hot here for female rock in 2019

If it was too rock for the GP, perhaps it was aimed at the wrong audience.

Didn't read all the replies so perhaps this has been covered, but how did it do in the rock and alternative charts?

Edited by Letemtalk
formatting

America hates women so a song with such a strong feminist message was not going to smash

Everyone loved it but it's not something that would smash right now, at least she got another top 20 :clap3:

22 hours ago, Ria said:

It deserved Without Me's success

Ma’am do you have napkin to clean up all that tea you spilled?

She tried that rock **** and the GP was rightly not here for it. Should have sticked to trap sounds. 

Only few artists can smash with multiple songs in 2019.

It's not as hooky or radio-friendly as Without Me, obviously.

I don't think Halsey or her team should be concerned as this was obviously more of a statement single than something meant to be a smash hit.

Nightmare is not something most GP (mainly men) will be easy to get into. But it's a good song and it's still Top 50. 

shes not obsessed with making trendy 2019 generic songs like some of the others who also went #1 this year.

the queen of anti-pop indeed :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Isaiah said:

shes not obsessed with making trendy 2019 generic songs like some of the others who also went #1 this year.

the queen of anti-pop indeed :jonny5:

Without Me is one of the most faceless, generic song released by a pop girl in the last few years... don't try it with this originality/artistry BS when a lot of artists who have topped the Hot 100 this year with "trendy 2019 generic songs" actually have Grammys, while others don't!

OT: Not radio friendly, a bop though

3 minutes ago, cityfolk said:

Without Me is one of the most faceless, generic song released by a pop girl in the last few years... don't try it with this originality/artistry BS when a lot of artists who have topped the Hot 100 this year with "trendy 2019 generic songs" actually have Grammys, while others don't!

OT: Not radio friendly, a bop though

:rip: How is Without Me generic? It's a normal song that didn't chase any popular patterns and she just released it cuz she felt like it :rip: Unlike most of the stars, Halsey writes her own music and creates concept albums that tell a story. She wanted to tell a short story so she let it out and it became a hit. It's not like she hopped on R&B/EDM trends to get a quick lil hit. :rip: 

post malone had no rejects for her this time 

FvdApdt.gif

It's trash. The chorus is actually unlistenable.

She was actually alternative for once. The song is the best of her career. 

On 6/26/2019 at 5:12 PM, FloridaKilos said:

The GP said no.

The GP is mostly straight so they‘re wrong by default. 

I just don’t think Halsey is the type of artist who can get easily snatch hits left and right based off of her name/fan base, but there’s nothing wrong with that. Without Me caught on; this one didn’t :michael:

Both Without Me and Nightmare are mediocre and unremarkable songs, so...

It's different than what the GP is used to.

Edited by madonnafan18

On 6/26/2019 at 5:25 PM, alfonso12 said:

The song has rock influences and rock is dead.

Gaga literally went #1 with a soft rock song this year. GP want Bruce Springsteen type of rock music, not angsty emo rock

i hear it on the radio all the time, it's legitimately one of the worst things i've heard in my life (nearly as bad as new americana)

the chorus is so atrociously produced

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.