Ultimate TABS S1 : The Ultimate TABS is BEYONCE (Touch It)

Yvess

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Sabbath

• PinkBox

• thecptz

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

Whew, didn't expect all this acclaim! :clap3:

15 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

Whew, expected all this acclaim! :clap3:

Can’t wait for the results.

thanks to all judges for yet again positive feedback :clap3:

2 minutes ago, Solarie said:

Can’t wait for the results.

thanks to all judges for yet again positive feedback :clap3:

i'll do it in like 10-15 mins xoxo

12 minutes ago, Yvess said:

i'll do it in like 10-15 mins xoxo

Ok pearched :duca:

..........................:-*

:heart2:

i've arrived

bgZpjA0.gif

Just now, Sabbath said:

i've arrived

bgZpjA0.gif

lorde looks good

Just now, Psycho said:

lorde looks good

thanks it's the wig

1 minute ago, Sabbath said:

i've arrived

bgZpjA0.gif

STUNNING

2 minutes ago, Sabbath said:

i've arrived

bgZpjA0.gif

depending on my scores you can un-arrive

:gaycat2: here for the meltdowns 

FINAL SCORES + CRITIQUES: 1/6

Invisibility - Madonna

"NIGHT/DARK"

Spoiler
Yvess: Invisibility - 7
Photo: 3. I love the subtle sex vixen vibe of this photo. It slays! Of course, night time is sexy time predominantly so you get points for that! :-* 
Video: 4: This is too disturbing since it did happen in real life so it gave me the "dangerous" vibe of night and the unsettling aura of darkness. Job well done! 

Element: Invisibility - 9.5/10

Photo Score: 4.5/5 - Mmmmm yes. Overall, this works. It doesn’t have that extra, nature-oriented punch that I would have loved to see (and take it to a perfect score), but I think it’s one of the strongest pictures. 

Video Score: 5/5 - This is another recent video event that I haven’t had the chance to watch yet… it’s very intense and discomforting. I absolutely agree that darkness and evil take a big portion of this video. I’m so conflicted because there are so many moments of bright color and fun contrasting with the horrors that occur, but overall I think it’s important to recognize how evil can lurk in those moments of joy, threatening to take them away… so yes, you accomplished the goal.

Speezy: Invisibility -7.5
MV:4 Photo:3.5
The photo does give off night vibes but as a whole the photo represents Sex-Play/Domanatrix/Fetsihes. 
The music video was very cute, kinda basic too. A club scene which is done at night

(Sempiternal ): (Invisibility) - (7/10)

Photo Score: (4) - (I like this photo. It's art right there )

Video Score: (3) - (frozen would of been the better choice but you took the risk and thought outside the box so I like that).

gotintoririfever1 - Invisibility - Madonna
Photo-2
Video-5
The photo is a mess but the video makes up so much for it. I appreciated it when you drift from the usual go-to aesthetics for this theme and opted to a different approach. The video was indeed dark with the gun violence issue that is still relevent up to this date

Kipperskipper - Invisibility - Madonna

5/5 Photo

Oooo i love this pic. It is def dark from it being black and white. But I also love that it looks vintage and how there is a mystique and sexiness to it. The leather mask and whip give it that extra oomf.

5/5 Yeah this video is hard to watch. It's very controversial. I know there was outrage over it. But it definitely is dark and that's why it is so hard to watch. 

EriKills - Tinashe

"DAY/LIGHT"

Spoiler

Yvess: EriKills: 9

Phgto:4: It gives me Sweetener photo vibes but this is far more superior! :jonny5: I love the approach you used in this round tbh.

Video: 5: A visual treat! Wow oh wow! I dig it even more when I saw your well thought-out explanation :clap3: 

Sabbath: EriKills - 7

Photo: 3 - SCREAMING at the description. I…..respect your decision of going for a different approach and taking a risk, but her expression doesn’t give me hope AT ALL. The photo is okay, not too interesting, not too bad. I wish the explanation was different if you were trying to be conceptual, of course we are drawn to the light and not the rest of her body, that’s how photography works ma’am. 

Video: 4 - Good entry. It gives me the fun and playfulness I expect from a “day/light” entry, even during the night scenes you still get that lighthearted vibe.

Speezy: EriKills – 8
Photo:3  MV: 5
YAS SUPERLOVE! A cute fun video. The photo on the other hand was not the tea, I love the light in the darkness you were hinting out but I believe they were better photos out there

(Sempiternal ): (EriKills) - (7/10)

Photo Score: (4) - (beautiful natural photo coming from tinashe and I adore the description you added too x)

Video Score: (3) - (eh just looks like another beachy video to me but I can see the light part. it's a summer, daylight kinda video. Nothing oringal tho..basic)

Gotintoririfever1 - EriKills - Tinashe
Photo - 5
Video - 4.50
The photo is stunning and the explation for the photo actually makes sense.It adds layers to the emotion and aesthetic that Tinashe would want to portray. I love that you drifted to the basic interpretation of light. The video is the epitome of light, it was fun, bubbly and full of energy. Love it.

Kipperskipper - EriKills - Tinashe

3.5/5- Photo

Ooo she's a risk taking conceptual queen. :-* I def get what you were going for. The focal point is the light. I don't really get the whole "hope" concept, as the pic looks a bit more serious and stoic, a lil somber too. But I appreciate the risk and how you didn't go for something smiley/happy/etc.

5/5- Video

Girl if we were critiquing your explanations you'd win :eddie: You really sold it. I think this is a great entry. The beach scenes really help visualize that upbeat/uplifting energy in the song. They are so bright and colorful. I also love how you wanted to showcase different degrees of light. 

xoxo

@Invisibility / @EriKills

Madonna? 7s? 

FINAL SCORES + CRITIQUES: 2/6

Touch It - Beyonce

"DAY/LIGHT"

Spoiler

Yvess: Touch It - 7.5

Photo: 3.5: Not a super fan of Beyonce donning a Storm-esque hairdo or look but I can see the reasons why you chose this photo, it gives the characteristics of Day like the scorching heat (melting icecream) which I liked. 

Video: 4: I like the choice and the free promo! You and Avril are doing your faves extra promotions. Ugh your minds!

Sabbath: Touch It - 6.5

Photo: 2.5 - Eh, sure it was taken during daytime but besides that there’s nothing interesting going on. The outfit is a mess, and her expression is too strong for “lightness”. Idk, it’s not a bad picture but it’s so bland.

Video: 4- The sets are gorgeous, specially the waterfall one, whew. The video is great. I just wish it didn’t have such a serious vibe and was a little more playful. 

Element: Touch It - 9/10

Photo Score: 4/5 - Good photo choice. I especially like the vibrancy of her clothing…. Lighting is a bit dim (it seems to be a cloudy day?)

Video Score: 5/5 - I’ve been meaning to listen to the top 98 hit Spirit for a few weeks now, so thank you for giving me that opportunity. While the song is not amazing, the video is WOW. You truly got lucky that this challenge happened a few days after the release of this music video, because this is an incredible display of the “day” theme. I love how it goes from sunrise to sunset. I love the vitality that is pulsating throughout the video… whether it is nature, dancing, or other forms of movement, the entire 4.5 minutes just exudes life and light. Excellent, vibrant costumes too. Wish I could give more than 5 points tbh.

(Sempiternal ): (Touch It) - (10/10)

Photo Score: (5) - (I really love this photo..I can see the bright positive in this photo. )

Video Score: (5) - (This video is beauitful, I never seen it till now but it suits the theme beauituly. My fave entry this round.) 

Gotintoririfever1 - Touch It - Beyonce
Photo-4.50
Video - 5
Amazing choices. The video was absolutely stunning and the photo captured the fun and warm feeling of light. 

Kipperskipper - Touch It - Beyonce

4/5 Photo:

A solid choice. It is vibrant and bright. Doesn't excite me too much, but it works.

5/5

Mhm yes mawmaw. *Tongue pop* Love how the sun is an important character in this video. It is gorgeous.

Psycho - Lady Gaga

"NIGHT/DARK"

Spoiler

Yvess: Psycho - 8.5

Photo: 3.5: I wished you could've sent in a full-body photo of hers since I know her visuals are truly stunning regardless if it is light or dark theme. But thankfully, your explanation worked so I will not tank your photo score :-* 

Video: 5:PERFECTION! The blasphemous visuals screams DARKNESS all over. :jonny5: 

Element: Psycho - 8/10

Photo Score: 3/5 - Hmm, this picture is just okay for me. I definitely see the darker angle here, especially with her wig and makeup... but I think this photo relies too heavily on the black and white colorization, when more of a night theme could have been integrated holistically. 

Video Score: 5/5 - ANOTHER LONG VIDEO. Y’all this is why it takes me a damn week to judge lmao. Anyways, this is the best night video that I’ve judged tonight. Really hits all the marks for me.

Speezy: Psycho -  8.5
MV:5 Photo: 3

Wow Alejandro is still that bop, I could barely finish my critiques cause I was stuck on it. The photo is real basic and does not give me the NIGHT/DARK vibes I need. The music video is the epitome of summoning Satan in your room @ 12:00 am

(Sempiternal ): (Psycho) - (9/10)

Photo Score: (5) - (one of my favourite eras and photos of her! I miss goth dark queen gaga. )

Video Score: (4) - (I admit I always like the story behide this video. Good choice)

gotintoririfever1 - Psycho - Lady Gaga
Photo-5
Video-5
Wow. I am astounded by the entries that perfectly emulates the tone and theme for this round.  It was dark, iconic, artistic, and beautiful at the same time. Kudos to the photo entry, it was a great choice and only REAL music lovers would appreciate it tbh. There was a moment in our lives when new Lady Gaga music video premiers was a worldwide event. WE HAD TO STAN. 

Kipperskipper - Psycho - Lady Gaga

5/5 Photo:

5's 5's 5's (out of 5) across the board. 

5/5 video: Ugh your mind (or well Gaga's?) it amazes me sometimes. Such a perfect entry. :clap3:I can keep raving about it but you hit the nail this round!

@Psycho / @Touch It

Edited by Yvess

4 minutes ago, Black Canary said:

depending on my scores you can un-arrive

you won't have to unwelcome ME, i'm sure

1 minute ago, Sabbath said:

you won't have to unwelcome ME, i'm sure

That told me everything it needed to I was about to do my bottom 3/top 3 for pose but let me save my vocal chords for the lashings I'll hand out before my exit

FINAL SCORES + CRITIQUES: 3/6

Guero - Ariana Grande

"NIGHT/DARK"

Spoiler

Yvess: Guero: 10

Photo: 5: If Bjork served Grandma of the Universe, you are serving baby girl of the Universe. I love the backdrop!

Video: 5: I like the pitch black vibe and also the playfulness of the night/darkness. It is like Ariana is playing in the dark and it worked so good on your theme.

Sabbath: Guero - 5

Photo: 1- SIS :bibliahh: serving graphic design is my passion kii did Element approve this? I mean, it’s a dark photo…….’cause the lightning is absolutely AWFUL. I’m just… speechless. 

Video: 4 - Now this is a better choice. Not only because the setting is obviously dark/night time but the entire video FEELS dark, especially accompanied by the Pharrell production, I just wish there was more substance to it. 

Speezy: Guero - 10
MV:5 PHOTO: 5
BITCH YOU SNATCHED :jonny: The photo is the epitome of night sky and its very beautiful. The video and song hints at the characteristics of the “darkness”. Well done

(Sempiternal ): (Guero) - (6/10)

Photo Score: (2.5) - (sis, this is cute but she has many more better photos for this dark theme, I mean sure there is a space theme about it but it's just not a good picture.)

Video Score: (3.5) - (as much as this video was forgetful it does give me the dark theme tease. Sadly it's just boring but it's dark paced so points for that.)

Gotintoririfever1 - Guero - Ariana Grande
Photo- 5
Video - 3
I LIVE FOR THE PHOTO. WHAT A SLAY! Congratulations. I Love it. The mess is coming does not do anything for me. Aside from the night setting, that was literally it. Could have sent a better video tbh. Overall solid entry.

Kipperskipper - Guero - Ariana Grande

3/5-  Photo

Girl I- Looks like her and her friends were bored one day and tried to do a makeshift photoshoot. Was there nothing else you could find?? But based on what we got, I guess I see how it can be "dark", but it's just not enough.

4.5/5 Video-

Ok yes! This s what I was hoping for. A perfect choice for this round. Wish there was more variety in the visuals, but it definitely works. 

Queen Conchita - Conchita Wurst

"DAY/LIGHT"

Spoiler

Yvess: Queen Conchita - 5

Photo: 2.5: Risky photo choice. And you are the one whose truly sending risque entries so far and somehow you manage to win me over. I like that you focused more on the downside of "day" which is the daily dreaded commute. 

Video: 2.5: AMERICAN HORROR STORY: HORROR HOUSE realness. This could work well in the Night/Dark theme too. I am not a super fan but I applaud you for thinking outside of the box :clap3: 

Sabbath: Queen Conchita - 2

Photo: 1 - Ma’am how is this day or light? This is moody and dark and low-key scary AF. The setting is SCARY, the lightning is SCARY, the ****ing pose is SCARY AF. What is going on? I feel like you said you wanted to get dark to use this but ended up using it anyways and writing something so it fit, but it just………..doesn’t.

Video: 1 - Ma’am how is this day or light? [2] I mean it’s from the same damn thing, I-. I know you’ve been wanting to use this song but this was DEFINITELY NOT the time. There’s absolutely nothing in here that would tell me the concept behind this is “light” and if you expect me to believe that description, you’re wrong. Even the music itself is dark and moody TF. This might be the biggest misstep in the entire competition. Who allowed this ‘cause I know damn well it wasn’t Speezy.

Element: Queen Conchita - 4/10 

Photo Score: 2/5 - lmfao what in the billie eilish video is this. Looking straight out of Pompeii. I think it gets the point across well enough… the contortion of the body makes me think of a ~creature lurking in the night~ which is probably the strongest element here. Omg wait this is supposed to be an entry for DAY? I wrote up this whole damn critique. Girl. Okay. I read your explanation, and I appreciate the unique concept that you’re going for here (it almost makes me extrapolate the idea of a night-time creature getting caught in the morning?), but overall I really am not feeling this picture for the day theme. 

Video Score: 2/5 - ALRIGHT, so carrying your concept over… I honestly watched this video and the eerie green glow and emptiness of the subway makes me think about 9 hours before the morning commute. Like solidly in the middle of the night. I will give you some points for the amount of light fixtures in the video and for your creativity, but this entry was such a reach.

(Sempiternal ): (QC) - (5.5/10)

Photo Score: (3) - ( a little creepy but it's a risk taker..it's something I haven't seen in this game yet )

Video Score: (2.5) - (I understand it's fits with the photo the I don't feel the video. )

Gotintoririfever1 - Queen Conchita - Conchita Wurst
Photo-2
Video-2.50
Don't get me wrong, i liked the video as it is. It was simple, artistic and stunning. I am currently having a hard time relating this to the theme. Kudos to the explanations

Kipperskipper - Queen Conchita - Conchita Wurst

2.5/5- Photo

Nnnn girl if this was dark you'd get perfect scores. This just screams dark, and because of that I can't get myself to see how this would work in the "light" scenario. It's a shame cuz the pic is a gag.

2.5/5  Video

Yeah once again this doesn't work. :emofish: The video is a serve, but not for light. Especially since the black bodysuit scenes are disturbing and creaturesque. Again, if this were dark you would have slayed.

@Queen Conchita / @Guero

the leaked Celine score kjsfcsjkfg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.