Ultimate TABS S1 : The Ultimate TABS is BEYONCE (Touch It)

Yvess

The critique. WOW. :jonny5:

18 minutes ago, Yvess said:

hmmmm..... not so sure... but i love almost every entries in the wildcard! I guess it is more superior than the 2 main teams :eli: 

Serving America’s Next Top Model when the comebacks did better almost all the main entries. :fan:

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Sabbath

• PinkBox

• thecptz

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

Exqueeze me, Take A Bow went #1, it definitely had success, it is TABS, not just TAB!

This one's for you gramma! :hug:

Thank you @Yvess :worship2:

51 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

Exqueeze me, Take A Bow went #1, it definitely had success, it is TABS, not just TAB!

Exsquirt me... I praised this entry :angry: :ahh:

45 minutes ago, lhdang2000 said:

The critique. WOW. :jonny5:

Serving America’s Next Top Model when the comebacks did better almost all the main entries. :fan:

Yeah! If only all of you can replace a Team tbh :jonny5:

39 minutes ago, Invisibility said:

This one's for you gramma! :hug:

Thank you @Yvess :worship2:

Ur welcome xoxo

39 minutes ago, Invisibility said:

27 minutes ago, Alena said:

@Yvess loving everyone :jonny5: kind icon

I love everyone, almost everyone :)

SLAY! :alexz:

ylbst8koxyc2dy8qgw2s.gif

Speezy Sent in his critiques

Just waiting for Elemen,  Pressure, Kippy and Gotinto    

sabbath being the first mentor to send in his critiques :clap3:

Almost done. Went on a date so i had to put it on pause :gaycat3:

1 hour ago, kipperskipper said:

no prob sweetie :gaycat4:

1 hour ago, kipperskipper said:

write a critique on your date.

@gotintoririfever1's CRITIQUES

FB_IMG_1554291497434.thumb.jpg.b78dd3f34ada8ccc162f12a98acd2c73.jpg

WILDCARD ENTRIES

@Bawdee @lhdang2000 @Moonlightbae @EriKills @Overprotected @Invisibility

BAWDEE - RIHANNA

Spoiler

Bawdee - Rihanna- 
I love how the photo, song and its explanation compliments each other. Rihanna is basically versatility personified. You can really see the vast difference of her overall aura from her debut to the artist that she is today. I love that you took the theme seriously with the song choices from Man Down to LOTB which showcases her vocals and musically while still having the trademark Rihanna vibes. Great entry but the you could have chosen a better debut photo, homegurl was basic af that time.

In conclusion: That Rihanna reign just wont let up :alexz:

LHDANG2000 - ADELE

Spoiler

Lhdang3000-Adele-

Photo- Adele is very photogenic indeed. The two sets of photos were contrasting from the carefree to classy lady. 
Song-2 amazing ballads that showcases her vocals backed with great lyrics and astounding production. From the simple and humble production of SLY to grand and cinematic like Skyfall.
Explanation  In conclusion: Great entries, beautiful gowns. :gaycat1:

MOONLIGHTBAE - DEMI LOVATO 

Spoiler

Moonlightbae-D*mi

Phot- No. This aint it. Bye
Song, love the songs on their own but disappointed that you went with the fun pop song vs. serious ballad to show versatility which is kinda predictable tbh. Demi is an amazing artist with an amazing versatile catalog to back her up.
Explanation

In conclusion: The whole entry kinda feels half-assed. No, Thank you. #JusticeForDemi :clown:

ERIKILLS - TINASHE

Spoiler

Erikills - Tinashe

Photo I love the contrasting elements in the photos from the sweet and bubbly thiccnashe to the mysterious vibes that she is giving. 
Song-  Here we go again with the disposable pop vs. experimental song in an attempt to show versatility. Don't get me wrong, i love Tinashe's discography pretty sure that there are other songs that shows that but these songs are great on their own.
Explanation  The explanations were pretty on point so kudos to that. 

In conclusion: solid entry, could have done better with the songs tbh (Aquarius remains her best body of werk):celestial3:

OVERPROTECTED - BJORK

Spoiler

Overprotected - Bjork 

Photo - Stunning photos. Love it!
Song- Tbh, i don't really listen to Bjork but i was floored when i first heard the two songs. Each song was different on each own. The production and vocals were amazingly haunting. An experience tbh. 
Explanation:- Cohesive and neat explanations. Nice.

In conclusion: We stan. :flower:

INVISIBILITY - MADONNA

Spoiler

Invisibility - Madonna

Photo- - 2 very striking photos from Madonna indeed. I love the concepts and aura that she exudes in her photos. From aggressive, dominant to delicate and sensual, Madonna can do it all. Crying at that sly shade doe.
Song- American Life is one my favorite songs actually. An undefiable superstar challenging the norms and making a political stance while delivering a bop at the same time. We stan ha. Could have been a 4, if not with the predictable same ballad vs. pop track route. 
Explanation -. You snapped with the explanation part, very well thought out and concise. 

In Conclusion: Overall a great entry :gaycat2:

xo

3 minutes ago, Yvess said:

Could have been a 4, if not with the predictable same ballad vs. pop track route.

I'll take it! Thanks @gotintoririfever1

@kipperskipper's CRITIQUES

41Ykc1k.thumb.gif.71073269001b6dd456be15d5c64cbf7f.gif

TEAM ELEMENT

Mentor: @Element

Members: @Solarie @Not Like The Movies @kiiwii @Guero 

Solarie - Avril Lavigne

Spoiler

Photo:Yes I really love these pics. The first one is the Avril that we know her as. She's serving her signature "punk", edge, rebellious self. Then in the second pic we see her more stripped back and she is the singer/songwriter Avril. She has a hard side to her that everyone knows and loves, but at the same time she has a softer more "real" side as well.

Songs: These are perfect choices!! Wish you sent Hello Kitty :mandown: Jk What The Hell is perfect because lyrically she is saying how she don't give a **** about what people think of her or her image. She can be the OG emo Jojo Siwa and doesn't care. But at the same time she can be a serious musician and songwriter, which is showcased in Give What You Like. I really like how it has that folky vibe to it and it's a diff vie from her signature sound.

Explanation:- I really liked the attributes that you focused on, these are the perfect ones for her. Avril's music can be fun/carefree/ "juvenile" at times, but at the same time she also makes serious and more mature music. Avril has always presented herself as the punk,skater, rocker chick that stays in the 2008 hot-topic emo scene, but her music can also be very mature, meaningful, and beautiful. There is definitely different sides to her and her artistry and you highlighted that. 

kiiwii - Katy Perry

Spoiler

Photos: Ok i LOVE the first pic. It is classic Katy. Very colorful, sexy, pinup, perfection! It's very "Pop Star" Katy Perry that we all know. It's her fabricated image that is so iconique. Now as for the second pic, I get that you are trying to give us a more stripped back/natural Katy, but I dont think this pic executes that 100%. It is like 90% there. I think if we saw a pic of Katy in nature or something then the contrast between the 1st and 2nd pic would be more drastic and effective. This 2nd pic has more of an edge and sexiness to it as well, just like the first pic.

Songs:  Ok these are great! God how I miss OOTB Katy :cries: Her style and sound was soooo different. Lost definitely showcases Katy's original singing style and musical aesthetic. She was more "pop rock" / Adult contemporary. I mean imagine Katy releasing songs like Fingerprints of Cup Of Coffee today :mandown: But nonetheless I am glad you chose a song that falls in that vein of Katy being a young/pure artist before falling into the hands of the industry. Now Roar is such a huge contrast to Lost. Roar is much more manufactured and a classic generic pop song. In a way it is kinda sad to compare these two songs as it really tells a story of her journey as an artist both lyrically and sonically. It's funny how the sadder song about struggling as an artist, is more real and raw, where as the upbeat song about being confident and empowered is more manufactured and generic :mandown: Whew perfect entry!

Explanation  I think your reasoning's were very succinct and precise. However I wish there was more of a realized concept. Like I feel you were going for "manufactured pop star" vs. "real/natural artist"  or were you going for "confident established artist" vs "insecure artist" maybe? I think the story is there with the songs, it just wasn't 100% told. TBH i think it's just the pic of her on the motorcycle that is throwing me off.:deadbanana4: Like if we saw a pic of her with a guitar instead this story would 100% be there.

Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae

Spoiler

Pics: Yes! Love this! I mean this screams versatility. I appreciate this so much about Janelle. She is always switching up her image, style, and sound, and she doesn't confine her artistry into one box that most other artists do. She loves to play dress up and gender doesn't confine or dictate what she wears!

Songs:  Awright I like this. Django Jane is a much more "in your face" song that packs a punch. Where as Pink is more sweet and subtle. I love how both songs pack an extreme and important message, but the delivery is extremely different. Janelle is just a true artist and this songs are such strong entries to show her versatility. 

Explanation: - A+, 100%, 10/10, you said everything you needed to say.

Guero - Ariana Grande

Spoiler

Photos:  From white woman to ethnic woman :mandown: I wish you went with that concept :thing: But regardless, I do appreciate the concept you went with. The vulnerable human ari vs the mega popstar. However, I don't think the 2nd pic 100% does it justice. It's a little bland and not the extravagant ari you were going for. I wish you gave us a more extravagant edgier pic.  

Song:  I think 7 Rings was the PERFECT song choice to showcase rich bitch pop star ari. I mean it's self explanatory. Now as for Ghostin, It def showcases her vulnerable and human side. It's like a sweet lullaby. This song reminds us that Ari is a real person that goes through tragic and real human experiences. So these songs were great choices for the narrative and concept you were going for. 

Explanation:  I think you definitely sold the story and concept through and through. This is about Ariana being a real human as well as one of the words biggest pop star. I really got that narrative with your entries! Great job! 

XOXO

@kipperskipper's CRITIQUES

41Ykc1k.thumb.gif.71073269001b6dd456be15d5c64cbf7f.gif

TEAM SPEEZY

Mentor: @Speezy

Members:@Touch It @Boys @Queen Conchita

Queen Conchita - Conchita Wurst

Spoiler

Pics:

Whew loves it! I mean we get  fem queen+ rugged dom top = versatile :mandown: This can't be anymore perfect. In the first pic we see femininity and softness with the purity of a white wedding (?) dress vs the ruggedness and masculinity of him in the 2nd pic where he is dressed down in sweats and combat boots. If that isn't versatility ion know what is. 

Songs

Good thing we arent scoring the songs based on if we liked them or not :mandown:. But  nonetheless, these two entries are perfect examples of the versatility that Queen Conchita possesses. Once again we see that stark contrast of femininity vs masculinity. Conchita can ride that wave of gender in his sound and lyrics. I like how the production of the songs also plays into that. The Other Side of Me is very soft and light were as Hit Me is more aggressive. Slay!

Explanation:

The only qualm I have is that the explanation was a little too short. I think what makes up for it is that the concept was 100% executed through the pic and videos. I just wish you elaborated a bit more and I feel you could have sold us even more with the explanation.

Boys - Britney Spears

Spoiler

Pics: 

Yes! These pics def show the two polar opposite sides of Britney. We have the regular shmegular girly "mom"

Brit that is sweet. But we also have the super sexy dancing diva that everyone knows. The only slight qualm I have is that in the 2nd pic she is just standing there and smiling. I wish her demeanor and attitude matched the fierce sexiness of the latex outfit. I mean if she is gonna be a dominatrix then gimme more.mp3 :alexz2:

songs:

Love that you didn't go with the expected route of doing a dance/club song vs a soft emotional ballad :katie2:I never knew Britney can serve POC Latinx queen.

Explanation:

Overall I liked that you showed multiple sides of Britney. Not everything needed to fit one concept. You showed soft/natural/human Brit, sexy dominatrix Brit, and indigenous Latinx Brit. 

Touch It - Beyonce

Spoiler

Pics:

Ok so I LOVE the first pic. Whew!! Super dark, sexy, seductive, fierce,edgy etc. Beyonce is ALL of that. I am kinda disappointed with the 2nd pic. Especially since it's from the same photoshoot as last round. I feel you could have found a better pic that would have been much more effective. Like a Dark Queen vs Light Queen concept or sumn. But nonetheless there is a nice contrast between these two pics. The 2nd one makes her look like a regular sweet country girl. So it's not like this entry was a fail. It just went from high fashion/concept/ high producti

on to instagram Polaroid. :mandown: 

Songs:

Ok so LOVE the submission of Daddy Lessons. It totally goes with the 2nd pic. That Beyonce in the photo is singing this song. In fact, it almost doesnt sound like a typical Beyonce song which just proves her versatility as an artist. Now as for Blow, this is a great contrast to the previous. I also love how you didn't send signature typical bey songs. Both of these two songs are very different songs in her discography. This was a knockout.

Explanation

Overall I feel you just needed to sell it a bit more. Fluff it up some. I feel it lacked a little sumn and Beyonce never lacks. I wasn't 100% sold other than the song entries.

XO

@kipperskipper will finish Team Sabbath's entries soon 

xoxo

Just now, Overprotected said:

What about us

he wil do it too sis xoxo

plsssss ask @dylan to respond as well lol

45 minutes ago, Yvess said:

@kipperskipper will finish Team Sabbath's entries soon 

xoxo

The best for last I see 

FB_IMG_1554291497434.thumb.jpg.b78dd3f34

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.