Ultimate TABS S1 : The Ultimate TABS is BEYONCE (Touch It)

Yvess

4 minutes ago, Queen Conchita said:

@Yvess omg sis please change that ugly youtube video that isn't centered, my songs are hyperlinked :deadbanana4:

DONE x

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Sabbath

• PinkBox

• thecptz

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Yvess said:

DONE x

you're a legend thank you :heart2: 

@Yvess you better post my edited descriptions I sent you over 10+ hours ago if not it’s OVER omg. 

WILDCARD ENTRIES

@Bawdee @lhdang2000 @Moonlightbae @EriKills @Overprotected @Invisibility

BAWDEE - RIHANNA

Spoiler

rgSkd5y.jpgEzT83V3.jpg

The Evolution

For the photo part of this round, I decided to take a step back from doing what I think would please me, and instead, I opted to try and think about what would please Rihanna in a representation of her. Of course, Rih would probably suggest to send something that shows she doesn’t give a damn, and usually, I’d be inclined to agree. But instead of doing that, I decided it’d be better to show off the evolution of Rihanna.

In the first picture, you see Rihanna as she’s just starting off with her first album, Music of the Sun. She’s innocent, happy – not emotionally nor mentally scarred. She’s someone who has the potential to be great, and it truly shows the genesis of where she’s come from and how much she’s changed over the years; and honestly, looking at her in this picture – and comparing it with who she is now – it’s almost as if it’s an entirely different person, and that’s exactly what I wanted to showcase.

In the second picture, you see Rihanna as she always is, and what she unapologetically will always be. Relaxed yet elegant; faded but completely confident. She’s no longer wearing the innocence she once did because she no longer has it. Emotional, physical, mental trauma – all of it adding up to shape the person we know today as Rihanna; she’s evolved as a person and you can completely tell just by comparing where she was in 2005 to where she is now, in 2019. The girl who had so much potential showed just what she could do, and yet, she’s still not done.

What you see in these two pictures is not just the mere evolution of a singer, no. What you see in these two pictures is the complete evolution of a girl from the island of Barbados who never in her life thought she’d be as big as she is now.

Multi-Faceted

For the music portion of this round, I could’ve easily picked two of her biggest singles and thrown in a cheap explanation to try to get some easy points from the judges. But this isn’t about just trying to get points – this is about showing why you’re artists is the TABS the competition is looking for, and because of that, I opted to send two songs where they show off two different sides of Rihanna entirely.

The first song is Man Down, from her 2010 album, Loud. It’s a reggae song about the story of a girl who killed a man, and is filled with guilt – on the surface, anyway. The music video implies that the girl singing was physically abused and she got her revenge, but according to Rihanna herself, she says the song is actually about breaking someone’s heart hidden under the story of shooting a man. This song really shows Rihanna’s capability as an artist to tell the story so convincingly in the song, and for it to have so many different layers to it.

The second song is Love on the Brain from her 2016 album, ANTI. It’s a doo-wop and soul song that shows Rihanna’s capability as a vocalist. She sings with a dynamic range and also sings with emotion covering her voice, no matter what line it could be. Rihanna once stated she wanted to make timeless music, and we got this gorgeous ballad as a result. The lyrics of the song detail how love is so wonderful, but it can be so unhealthy for you. Honestly, if you took her away from the song, it would be nothing without her emotional vocal delivery.

As the title suggests, I wanted to incorporate how Rihanna’s versatility as an artist is multi-faceted and I believe it really shows in these two songs – one where you hear her roots come out and the other where she pours out her heart over a soul and doo-wop production.   

LHDANG2000 - ADELE

Spoiler

Jesse_John_Jenkins_P-5-gthumb-gwdata1200

adele-0312-10-outtake_200723657001.jpg

If there is one special thing about Adele, she is very photogenic. While she never has the size of a model, she has the angles of a supermodel. In every photo shoot of her, we have seen Adele transforms from a cheeky, bubbly girl to a regal, classy lady to a sexy, seductive woman.

What I present here is two different states of emotions from Adele. The first picture was in a 2010 photoshoot taken by Jesse John Jenkins, where she was happy, carefree, young, and living life to the fullest. She played with the roses as a way of playing with love and believing in the romance. The second picture came from a Vogue photoshoot in 2012 when Adele transformed into a sexier and deeper lady. She did not play with the roses anymore but instead laying with it to channel her inner peace.

Two pictures, same prop, two meanings, one woman. And that’s the versatility of Adele.

“Someone Like You” is widely considered one of the biggest ballads in music history. The combination of a lead voice, backup voices, and only a piano are enough to make millions of listeners cry and relate to Adele’s story. A simple production leads to an actual thing of beauty in the music industry.

“Skyfall” is another story. The ballad girl has transformed into a Bond girl now. The piano is not the only instrument anymore, now being included in an orchestra of a chorus, brass sections, strings sections, and percussions. Long gone the girl who pours her heart out over heartbreak, this is a lady who sings about death and from there to be reborn.

You can take her heart in “Someone Like You,” but she has given her heart to her soul in “Skyfall.”

Two songs, all about her heart, two meanings, multiple accolades. Adele shows exactly how versatile she can be.  

MOONLIGHTBAE - DEMI LOVATO 

Spoiler

y954tw-l-610x610-leggings--sportswear-sneakers-demi+lovato.jpgdemi-lovato-style-8.jpg

on the left, Demi is wearing casual sportswear outfit probably going to gym, just another day in her life. on the right, Demi is looking very glamorous, wearing heels and looking snatched, probably going to an important meeting. 

on Instruction, Demi shows her fun side with a dancehall song. the lyrics and instrumental are very happy and give party vibes. on Lonely tho, Demi goes for a very slow R&B sound, the lyrics are very deep and dark. it's basically light and dark

ERIKILLS - TINASHE

Spoiler

PHOTOS:

48176244957_8d915117c4_o.png

57b61ece3a2f8d6be1a1b9d4d7856b4f.939x939

Explanation:

Pic 1: Lively! Cute! Girly! Dressed in a simple T-shirt and shorts, this commercial shot of Tinashe shows an inviting, friendly girl next door. Armed with a captivating smile, she's excited and ready to take on the world!

Pic 2: Mysterious....sexy....intriguing. Cables and antennae-like spikes protuding from the back of her glamorous dress, this high fashion photograph of Tinashe gives hints of a cold, seductive robot entity. Hiding in the shadows, she serves a blank silhouette that masks her true intentions....

SONGS

SUPERLOVE / YOU DONT KNOW ME

EXPLANATION: 

A lot of the elements from pic 1 applies to Superlove. The song shows Tinashe serving a fun, bubbly, radio friendly but radio shipped it back love song you can blast on the beach with ur skinny bitches. With easily digestible lyrics and ear candy production, SL is almost superficial in its accessibility, a great song for casual listening.

On the other hand, you can find many contrasting elements on YDKM. On this song Tinashe serves experimental, moody, and vulnerability not seen in SL. The unique production and vocals, paired with poetic lyrics make this a polarizing song not meant to appease to everyone, but rather satisfy a niche audience.

From bubbly girl next door singing poppy fun summer love songs to a sexy, mysterious cyborg singing about false perceptions, being hurt and misunderstood, this is just a sample of Tinashe's versatile artistry. One thing remains: the undeniable TABs found in each and every façade Tinashe presents us.

In conclusion:

Spoiler

TINASHE SHOULD HAVE NEVER GONE POP

Spoiler

2 ON SMASHED BTW

OVERPROTECTED - BJORK

Spoiler

Photos

bjork-2000-mert-alas-marcus-piggott-1-01.jpg

bjork-2017-jesse-kanda-dazed-04.jpg

I chose these pictures not only because they're great shots but to showcase the modeling versatility of Miss Guðmundsdóttir. In the first picture she's giving us innocent sex icon whose house just flooded (we love concepts!) while on the second one she's serving an abstract concept not meant to be understand by anyone but it's so intriguing, her artpop truly could mean anything!

Songs

Both written and produced by Björk I chose them because I think they're some of her best songs and very contrasting as well. First there's Pagan Poetry a haunting bop about having sex with her now ex-husband which utilizes music boxes and harps to create an unique sombre winter atmosphere. Hyperballad on the other hand is a more ambient pop track that incorporates house beats with a beautiful string section. The song deals with the hardships of being in a longtime relationship (can't relate) and having to convince yourself you still love that person :chick3:

INVISIBILITY - MADONNA

Spoiler

PHOTOS

2003+Steven+Klein+X-Static+Process+%2528

madonna-rolling_stone_03.jpg?w=2000&h=

For this round, I’ve picked two striking photos with vastly different contexts.

In the first, we see M shot by Steven Klein for a 2003 series aptly named after X-Static Process. Her feral pose, the frigid basement-like setting, the outfit that shifts between provocative and traditional and demonic and, perhaps most importantly, her expression. The mask might hide most of her face, yet those eyes convey absolutw wrath. The beast has been unleashed upon all of your faves’ short-lived careers.

In the second, M was photographed by Steven Meisel as part of the Sex book campaign, back in 1991. This candid-esque shot has an aura of early 1920’s (Madonna would know about that, living in that time herself) cabaret afterhours, as a broke photographer from across the room just snapped the shot of his career. Madge and her lover’s passionate make out session is captured right before they really go at it, making their body language exude glamour, affection and a particular tenderness that lies at the heart of homoromantic love.

In short, Madonna can tell a compelling story with a minimalistic, abrasive, individual photo as well as a setting-focused, sensual, couple shot.

SONGS

My choices show two of the many facets of the chameleonic chanteuse.

On the one hand, American Life's lead single takes the form of an electroclash banger with hints of hip-hop. One can feel the thumping beats, the glitchy production and subtle guitar moments in one's own heart. This shows Madonna with a confrontational delivery, and even spitting borderline nonsensical bars with a sarcastic undertone in the iconic bridge. "I drive my mini cooper / And I'm feeling super-duper / Yo they tell me I'm a trooper / And you know I'm satisfied"

On the other hand, Take a Bow is one of her most remembered US #1's. An adult contemporary ballad, typical strings, backing vocals and a slow tempo soothe the listener. Madonna shows up in a calm, almost defeated demeanor as she poetically describes falling out of love, because the fake public/private persona act of her lover no longer arouses her. "Say your lines, but do you feel them? / Do you mean what you say when there's no one around? / Watching you, watching me, one lonely star"

So for an artist that can deliver quality with both harsh political electronic bops and subtle love pop ballads, look no further than OG TABS icon, Madonna.

xo

Edited by Yvess

21 minutes ago, Queen Conchita said:

you're a legend thank you :heart2: 

thanks bb girl! 

14 minutes ago, EriKills said:

@Yvess you better post my edited descriptions I sent you over 10+ hours ago if not it’s OVER omg. 

i posted what i saw :) it is the edited one xoxoxox

I don't want to be mean but let's make things clear

8 minutes ago, Yvess said:

For the music portion of this round, I could’ve easily picked two of her biggest singles and thrown in a cheap explanation to try to get some easy points from the judges.

well no, the challenge wasn't the most successful songs, it was to show versatility

8 minutes ago, Yvess said:

But this isn’t about just trying to get points

well it literally is because if you don't get any, it'll be your last entry 

9 minutes ago, Yvess said:

this is about showing why you’re artists is the TABS the competition is looking for, and because of that, I opted to send two songs where they show off two different sides of Rihanna entirely.

which is why you decided to send two successful and known Rih songs, something you said you wouldn't do in the beginning of your paragraph?

Doesn't change anything about the quality of the entry and the choices, but I'm not here for lies xo

33 minutes ago, Psycho said:

Team Sabbath did that :jonny5:

we really did :jonny5:and so did the comeback tabsbaths :clap3:

box :bibliahh: :deadbanana2:

21 minutes ago, Yvess said:

i posted what i saw :) it is the edited one xoxoxox

you posted the correct description guess it’s Never Really Over :jonny5:

17 minutes ago, Sabbath said:

we really did :jonny5:and so did the comeback tabsbaths :clap3:

thanks mentor :jonny5:

18 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

I don't want to be mean but let's make things clear

well no, the challenge wasn't the most successful songs, it was to show versatility

well it literally is because if you don't get any, it'll be your last entry 

which is why you decided to send two successful and known Rih songs, something you said you wouldn't do in the beginning of your paragraph?

Doesn't change anything about the quality of the entry and the choices, but I'm not here for lies xo

:clap3:

Just now, thecptz said:

thanks mentor :jonny5:

the way you scalped the other girls, can you let them BREATHE for a bit? WHEW :jonny5: everyone take notes :jonny5:

Just now, Sabbath said:

the way you scalped the other girls, can you let them BREATHE for a bit? WHEW :jonny5: everyone take notes :jonny5:

i mean i could but why would i want to :jonny5: i'm coming back!!!!! BEWARE

bKA9HVz.jpg

1 minute ago, Bawdee said:

quit being a ***** and @ me next time, bitch

YASSSSS :clap3: coward grandma smh

So who's judging the eliminated homeless girls?

bKA9HVz.jpg

The drags

a4fd23692c8487f1bbac7856057cc2b5.png

Wait is the @thecptz entry sarcasm? Did she even submit

bKA9HVz.jpg

@EriKills snapped with the photo choices from the comeback girls :clap3:

1 minute ago, Invisibility said:

bKA9HVz.jpg

my entry is a slay :eek: it was posted! can you see it?? :duca:

6 minutes ago, Bawdee said:

Let me address the **** that was "lies" for Miss @PinkBox since their comprehension skills aren't all that.

- if either of these are considered her successful singles, then i'd love to see what Umbrella, We Found Love, Diamonds, and Work are. I showed versatility, as asked, because, like i said, i could've easily picked her most successful singles of which these two are most definitely not.

- i stand by my point that this is more than just points because that is the whole point of this competition. sure, you get points, but the whole point of this competition is to show TABS. if it's just points to you, yikes, i must've missed the point entirely then. 

just thought i'd address what is apparently an issue to someone

Well yes the point of the competition is to showcase your artist, but I was saying specifically in your case, if you don't get the most points, you won't be able to do that anymore, so this round for you particularly, it IS about points if you do want to show your artists more :mandown:

And yes, you could've picked those successful songs, but I'm very confused as to why you think that picking those songs would make you get amazing scores? Success is literally not a factor at all this challenge, so picking successful songs with a half-assed explanation would literally get you a bad score, which is why what you said was not true at all. 

Again, I wasn't here to put your entry down because this literally changes nothing to your songs and all, but that paragraph just made no damn sense.

Hope you get the MOST points this round out of the comeback girls to be able to continue to participate :heart2:

17 minutes ago, Overprotected said:

So who's judging the eliminated homeless girls?

bKA9HVz.jpg

me, kippy, pressure and @gotintoririfever1

10 minutes ago, Invisibility said:

bKA9HVz.jpg

it's right there cyst! refresh the page maybe

bKA9HVz.jpg

Kacey @thecptz didnt send as a sign of protest xoxo

some of these paragraphs. i thought we were always limited to a few lines for explanations? :chick3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.