Ultimate TABS S1 : The Ultimate TABS is BEYONCE (Touch It)

Yvess

CRITIQUES + SCORES (3 OF 5)

@Boys @Alena

Alena - Selena Gomez

Spoiler

Yvess: Alena - 8.5

Photos: 3/3 - Similar to Touch It, and im a sucker for yin yang type of interpretations :clap3: 

Songs: 3/4 - Great job! 

Explanation: 2.5/3 - Just like you, it is sweet and beautiful. :alexz:

Speezy| Alena - Selena Gomez - 5
Photos:2 Okay you snapped for the second photo
Songs: 2 Girl, I’m not getting dark vibes from either of the tracks. But the “light” vibe is present
Explanation: 1 No sis no! The explanation for the first photo being “sad” was lowkey bad. I did not get “shadow/horror” vibes from the first photo. And your explanation for your songs were nonexistent like my fave on the Hot 100 chart in 2019. Sis your explanations messed you up.

Kipper - Alena - 8.5

Pics: 2.5/3- Ok love the concept of yin and yang. The "darker" Selena is very sexy, sultry, and edgy, which we see a lot in present day. Now the "lighter" Selena is more feminine, dainty, smiley, etc. which is another trait that Selena i known to be. I think these pics were a perfect choice!

Songs: 4/4. Once again great submission in showing how different she can be. We all know she ain't know Whitney Houston, but she can def serve different bops in different genres. This pop rock kidz bop Selena is a huge contrast to the edm pop autotune Selena. :-*

Explanation: 2/3 Ok so you're concept was more serious than your explanations. I wish you really went 100 with the whole yin & yang thing and you could have given us a nice story or painted Selena in a different light.

Element: Alena  Total: 7.5/10 

Photos: 3/3 - V nice photos. Not really sure what these shoots were independently going for (especially the light one), but she is serving two very different looks and concepts… plus she manages to carry both well. 

Song: 3/4 - The song choices definitely show Selena’s strength in two different genres. I’m also trying to evaluate the versatility of her lyrics… they show two different experiences, but I do feel as if they are more related to her age than anything else. 

Explanation: 1.5/3 - Omg sis you were on track until the explanation kind of just STOPPED. You could have tied the light and dark concept into your song choices and really made this a strong, strong entry. If you unpacked the lyrics here, you could have really served yin and yang.

Boys - Britney Spears

Spoiler

Yvess: Boys - 7.5

Photos: 2/3 - Pretty and fierce. I like how she looked like a normal human being in the first shot while she is emotionless like a robot in the 2nd photo.

Songs: 2.5/4 - Inch resting choice. Not a super fan of this mix but this somehow fits. 

Explanation: 3/3 - A damn serve 

Sabbath - Boys - 8.5

Photos: 3/3 - I think the versatility is there and you can see the opposites, I just wish the second outfit was more interesting, I feel like I’ve seen her wear cooler outfits on the same vein.

Songs: 3/4 - Both certified Bops™. I think Outrageous was a very good choice but Change Your Mind is missing something for that “wow she’s so versatile” moment. I’m not saying they sound the same OBVIOUSLY, but I’m not too sure if this was the best thing to compare out of her entire catalogue.

Explanation: 2.5/3 - “Spanish flair for South American stans” has me SCREAMING :toofunny2: I like how you explained your photos giving this whole backstory to them, I thought that was really cool, and you could really picture it as a character in a movie or series. The description for the songs is fine and I like that you went for a “marketing” angle, that’s, again, a very interesting take on the challenge. I’m not completely sold on it, but I appreciate it and see where it comes from. 

Kipper - Boys - 8.5

Pics: 2.5/3 Yes! These pics def show the two polar opposite sides of Britney. We have the regular shmegular girly "mom" Brit that is sweet. But we also have the super sexy dancing diva that everyone knows. The only slight qualm I have is that in the 2nd pic she is just standing there and smiling. I wish her demeanor and attitude matched the fierce sexiness of the latex outfit. I mean if she is gonna be a dominatrix then gimme more.mp3 :alexz2:

songs: 3.5/3 Love that you didn't go with the expected route of doing a dance/club song vs a soft emotional ballad :katie2:I never knew Britney can serve POC Latinx queen.

Explanation: 2.5/3 Overall I liked that you showed multiple sides of Britney. Not everything needed to fit one concept. You showed soft/natural/human Brit, sexy dominatrix Brit, and indigenous Latinx Brit. 

Element: Boys Total: 8/10

Photos: 2/3 - The outfits here are great for your concept. I don’t find that the dominatrix photo carries the right energy, however. She is dressed the part, but she isn’t giving me the severity, power, and sex appeal that I would want to see. Both photos have similar expressions that suggest bright-eyed and naive. 

Song: 3.5/4 - This was a really interesting angle to take for the song selection, and I think it demonstrates Britney’s versatility as far as genre goes. Her international appeal shows how versatile and dynamic she can be as a recording artist. I would have wanted to see some more lyrical differentiation, as both songs are thematically rooted in sex drive, but the sonic diversity is enough to balance that out. Also, forgot how much of a BOP Change Your Mind is.Explanation: 2.5/3 - Good explanations overall with a solid touch of creativity. Again, would have loved to see a little more differentiation in the song explanations. 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Sabbath

• PinkBox

• thecptz

Top Posters In This Topic

CRITIQUES + SCORES (4 OF 5)

@Not Like The Movies @PinkBox

Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae

Spoiler

Yvess: Janelle Monae 9

Photos:3/3 - SLAY! YOU DID THAT! :alexz: 

Songs: 3.5/4 - Love the songs. The second one is a great serve! 

Explanation: 2.5/3 - You did a good effort in explaining your choices, great job! 

Speezy| Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae - 8
Photos: 2.5 The second photo is cute. The first one fell flat and still serves some feminine aspects 
Songs: 4Janelle is really diverse, flexible and talented as an artist no denying that.
Explanation: 1.5 I was actually expecting some Psychological and biological lesson from you on “Femininity & Masculinity”. Each culture does have their own view on what’s “feminine/masculine”. Also your very last paragraph should’ve been your bridge paragraph that led us to her bops

Sabbath - Not Like the Movies - 9

Photos: 2/3 - Props to you for taking that strength to your advantage. First photo is not the best shot ever / the most flattering but the difference between the masculine and feminine vibe are very clear, just wish they were a little more interesting.

Songs: 4/4: Perfect. The contrast is flawless.

Explanation: 3/3: Literally what can I say, this truly was your round. Janelle is truly one of

the most versatile artists we have right now and I’m so glad you did her justice so flawlessly.

Kipper - Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae - 9

Pics: 3/3 Yes! Love this! I mean this screams versatility. I appreciate this so much about Janelle. She is always switching up her image, style, and sound, and she doesn't confine her artistry into one box that most other artists do. She loves to play dress up and gender doesn't confine or dictate what she wears!

Songs: 3/4 Awright I like this. Django Jane is a much more "in your face" song that packs a punch. Where as Pink is more sweet and subtle. I love how both songs pack an extreme and important message, but the delivery is extremely different. Janelle is just a true artist and this songs are such strong entries to show her versatility. 

Explanation: 3/3- A+, 100%, 10/10, you said everything you needed to say.

Pinkbox - Celine Dion

Spoiler

Yvess: Pinkbox - 9

Photos: 3/3 - I love the theme. Death/Life - Resilience/Flamboyance :clap3: 

Songs: 3.5/4 - You did so well in this portion too It gives me reggae vibes, very not the usual Canadian chanteuse 

Explanation: 2.5/3 - I like it. You are straightforward.

Speezy| Pinkbox - Celine Dion - 7.5
Photos: 3 Once second your attending funeral and suddenly the funerals attending you. I do love the rawness of the first image.
Songs: 2.5  The songs are cute and are emotionally opposites
Explanation:2 Some more comparisons between the songs could’ve been made like lyrics or sound.

Kipper - Pinkbox - 10

Pics: 3/3 I like this concept/idea. Showing Celine in a very intimate and human way, and then showing her in the limelight being a glitz diva but also hamming it up. The 1st pic is so heartbreaking. Even in the darkest time she is still able to look so strong though. Queen!!!

Songs: 4/4 Ok whew so your entries opened my mind to the capabilities of Celine. I don't listen to her but from what I have heard I expected her music to be lots of ballads. But THLAL just shows how wrong I was and how she can be fluid in her sound and artistry. I was pleasantly surprised!!

Explanation: 3/3 Like I said before. I don't listen to Celine and don't follow her at all. Your entries and especially explanation helped me learn a lil some about this queen!!

Element: PinkBox Total: 8/10

Photos: 1.5/3 - This photoset definitely threw me for a loop. I wasn’t expecting to see a photo of her from her husband’s funeral. I appreciate the unique concept here, and I think as far as fashion goes, she definitely is showing two different looks. I don’t know if this really represents her versatility as an artist so much as these outfits were required by the two events.

Song: 3.5/4 - THLAL was a very interesting and unexpected side of Celine! I think both songs allowed her to speak on different topics and play with genres, and I also appreciate that they were released around the same time to show her simultaneous versatility. I would have loved if the lyrics of THLAL were more rooted in her personal experience to contrast with BYLM. I’ve given out a few 4s for this section, and I don’t feel as if Celine was as strong as those, but this was the next tier down.

Explanation: 3/3 - Good work! I think you hit all the necessary points and differentiated both the photos and songs from each other.

I didnt realize the explanation would be judged :skull: also i didnt think the theme i had for my photos had to be in my songs as well. Whatever i guess :psyduck:

2 minutes ago, gotintoririfever1 said:

hi bb:gaycat3:

:) howdyyyyy

1 minute ago, Alena said:

I didnt realize the explanation would be judged :skull:

girl it was in the round announcement post :skull:

CRITIQUES + SCORES (5 OF 5)

@Guero @Touch It @Psycho

Guero - Ariana Grande

Spoiler

Yvess: Guero - 9.5

Photos: 3/3 - EXCELLENT CHOICE! The minimal makeup shot is a slay and the 2nd photo with the hair flip is a great serve! :jonny5:

Songs: 4/4 - S L A Y    U S   M A M A

Explanation: 2.5/3 - POINTS were made and you slayed :clap3:

Speezy| Guero - Ariana Grande - 7
Photos: 1.5 I was not buying the photos, they looks very similar and doesn’t show much versatility in her photos.
Songs: 4 Good song choices and they are uniquely different
Explanation: 1.5 Honestly had to revisit your entry multiple times because of “scoring” This entry as a whole isn’t bad but I’m not seeing what you explained. Your explanation for your songs were spot on. 

Sabbath - Ariana Grande - 7.5

Photos: 1.5/3 - Ehhh, I feel like if the concept was something more along the lines of warmth vs cold or something, I would’ve bought it. The second picture is not flashy enough imo, of course it looks different than the first one but it’s not soooo over the top where the versatility is shocking. I think something more “manufactured” ala Katy would’ve worked.

Songs: 4/4: How dare you use ghostin with no warning :'(  just like with Janelle’s entry, the fact that both songs are so sonically different yet from the same album is impressive. The themes might not be “opposites” (not that that’s what the challenge was looking for) but still doesn’t matter ‘cause they show different sides of Ariana. Very well chosen.

Explanation: 2/3: First of all, I’m screaming at a hint of lilac eyeshadow being “heavier” makeup kiiiii. Anyways, I love the description for the songs and how you even provided the context of her life first and then proceeded to link that with the songs, that was very well written. Regarding the photo descriptions, eh, I’m still not buying the concepts, especially for the second pic.

Kipper - Guero - Ariana Grande - 9

Photos: 2/3 From white woman to ethnic woman :mandown: I wish you went with that concept :thing: But regardless, I do appreciate the concept you went with. The vulnerable human ari vs the mega popstar. However, I don't think the 2nd pic 100% does it justice. It's a little bland and not the extravagant ari you were going for. I wish you gave us a more extravagant edgier pic.  

Song: 3.5/3 I think 7 Rings was the PERFECT song choice to showcase rich bitch pop star ari. I mean it's self explanatory. Now as for Ghostin, It def showcases her vulnerable and human side. It's like a sweet lullaby. This song reminds us that Ari is a real person that goes through tragic and real human experiences. So these songs were great choices for the narrative and concept you were going for. 

Explanation: 3/3 I think you definitely sold the story and concept through and through. This is about Ariana being a real human as well as one of the words biggest pop star. I really got that narrative with your entries! Great job! 

Touch It - Beyonce

Spoiler

Yvess: Touch It - 9

Photos: 3/3 - It gives me evil queen vs a fallen princess, I LIKE IT! :jonny5: 

Songs: 3/4 - I love the choices. you didn't go the obvious route but still prevailed somehow :clap3: 

Explanation: 3/3 - Simple but powerful 

Sabbath - Touch It - 7.5

Photos: 2/3 - Miss Touch It coming all the way from Aruba, let’s go bitch. You can easily tell tell the darker vs lighter undertones in each photo. I get the innocent and pure girl in the second but the first one gives me “fierce” more than “evil”, probably because of the styling.

Songs: 4/4 . Both great songs that are greatly underrated, whew. This is perfect, both sounds are incredibly well done and there’s no similarities at all between them. You had a lot of options but you absolutely nailed it.

Explanation: 1.5/3 - The description for the songs is simple and straight to the point and does what it needs to do, cool. My complaint is with the explanation for the photos which I already mentioned. I wish you went a little further with it or that the concept was something else.

Kipper - Touch It - 8

Pics: 2/3 Ok so I LOVE the first pic. Whew!! Super dark, sexy, seductive, fierce,edgy etc. Beyonce is ALL of that. I am kinda disappointed with the 2nd pic. Especially since it's from the same photoshoot as last round. I feel you could have found a better pic that would have been much more effective. Like a Dark Queen vs Light Queen concept or sumn. But nonetheless there is a nice contrast between these two pics. The 2nd one makes her look like a regular sweet country girl. So it's not like this entry was a fail. It just went from high fashion/concept/ high production to instagram Polaroid. :mandown: 

Songs:4/4 Ok so LOVE the submission of Daddy Lessons. It totally goes with the 2nd pic. That Beyonce in the photo is singing this song. In fact, it almost doesnt sound like a typical Beyonce song which just proves her versatility as an artist. Now as for Blow, this is a great contrast to the previous. I also love how you didn't send signature typical bey songs. Both of these two songs are very different songs in her discography. This was a knockout.

Explanation: 2/3 Overall I feel you just needed to sell it a bit more. Fluff it up some. I feel it lacked a little sumn and Beyonce never lacks. I wasn't 100% sold other than the song entries.

Element: Touch It Total: 7.5/10

Photos: 2/3 - These are pretty good, although I am concerned they rely a bit too much on grayscale vs. color to drive home the versatility. I think if you had chosen two pictures from a similar timeframe that express these different sides, it would have been even more effective.

Song: 4/4 - I love how the lyrics of these two songs show the versatility of one’s passage into adulthood. You have the sexual liberation anthem, filled with innuendos. Then you have a song where she reflects on what her father taught her and uses those lessons as the foundation for her power and fortitude as a grown woman. Combine that with the very different (and successful) expressions of genre, and you have a winning duo of songs. 

Explanation: 1.5/3 - You could have expanded upon things much more in your explanation, such as describing the energies/connotations of the photos, as well as the dynamic versatility in her lyricism. 

Psycho - Lady Gaga

Spoiler

Yvess: Psycho - 10

Photos: 3/3 - VERSATILE LOOKS QUEEN :jonny:

Songs: 4/4 - I like the choices, gives us a glimpse of her versatility in her peak eras too :jonny4:

Explanation: 3/3 - I am sold even more to your entry when I saw your explanation :jonny5:

Speezy| Psycho - Lady Gaga - 10
Photos: 3  I don’t think that’s Joannes most “Gaga” looking look for the first entry.The second pic is cute. Overall I like it
Songs:4 Along with your explanations, I hear that one is more stripped and organically produced than the other song. Cute!
Explanation: 3 Very cohesive so I cant be that harsh but we couldved use a “Who Is Lady Gaga” in the introduction before introducing Lady & Gaga.

Kipper - Psycho - 10

Pics: 3/3 Ok LOVE that you sent performance pics!! Ugh!! It just shows how much true versatility Gaga exemplifies in her music, sound, style, and even performances!! She can be the weird avant garde eccentric ra ra bitch, but she can also be a classy timeless Jazz singer. 

Songs: 4/4 Nnnnnn the fact you picked a song like Government Hooker and La Vien Rose sent me :dies:Like this is the most PERFECT entry :deadbanana4:

Explanation: 3/3- Well your explanations just echoed everything we could glean ourselves visually. It was very self explanatory. 

Element: Psycho Total: 9/10 

Photos: 3/3 - Very good. Love the use of performance pics.

Song: 4/4 - Queen of versatility.

Explanation: 2/3 - Gaga has never been afraid to explore a million different sides of herself and a million different musical genres/themes/etc. She inherently does not have a comfort zone, and it’s no surprise that she is a standout entry this round. Loved the Lady vs. Gaga concept. Simple but effective/believable. Your explanations were bare boned, but this was also really the only entry of the round where I felt as if the explanations were not as necessary. If you had gone into detail about the lyrical contrast, you would have hit another level.

xo

2 minutes ago, thecptz said:

!!!!! 

individual ranks next

gaga winning :clap3:

ROUND 11 BOTTOM TIER

9 ELEMENT kiiwii - Katy Perry 7.625
10 SABBATH Alena - Selena Gomez 7.4
11 SABBATH KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift 7

ROUND 11 MID TIER

7-8 SPEEZY Touch It - Beyonce 8
7-8 SPEEZY Queen Conchita - Conchita Wurst 8
Edited by Yvess

ROUND 11 TOP TIER

4 SABBATH PinkBox - Celine Dion 8.625
5 ELEMENT Guero - Ariana Grande 8.25
6 SPEEZY Boys - Britney Spears 8.125
Edited by Yvess

ROUND 11 GOD TIER

RANK TEAM PLAYER R11
1 SABBATH Psycho - Lady Gaga 9.75
2 ELEMENT Solarie - Avril Lavigne 8.875
3 ELEMENT Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae 8.75

Congratulations @Psycho on your 3rd challenge win! you are now tied with @Touch It's most number of Challenge Wins!

:alexz3:

Coming in third and will be sending two tribute from their team....

thumb image

Spoiler

TEAM @Speezy : 8.04

Unfortunately, you lost this challenge :'( 

Since you are down to 3, Bey and Conchita will be your tributes

TEAM PLAYER YVESS ELEMENT SPEEZY SABBATH KIPPER TOTAL
SPEEZY Queen Conchita - Conchiita Wurst 9 8 N/A = MENTOR 6 9 8
SPEEZY Boys - Britney Spears 7.5 8 N/A = MENTOR 8.5 8.5 8.125
SPEEZY Touch It - Beyonce 9 7.5 N/A = MENTOR 7.5 8 8
AVERAGE: 8.5 7.833 N/A = MENTOR 7.33 8.5 8.04

xo

hello whoever is deciding pls save me you'll be more likely to win if you eliminate the biggest competition :emofish:

14 minutes ago, thecptz said:

I cant read 

:psyduck:

Coming in second and will be sending TWO TRIBUTES from their team....

Image result for 2nd place png

Spoiler

TEAM @Sabbath: 8.19

Unfortunately, you lost this challenge :'( 

TEAM PLAYER YVESS ELEMENT SPEEZY SABBATH KIPPERSKIPPER TOTAL
SABBATH KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift 10 6 6 N/A = MENTOR 6 7
SABBATH Alena - Selena Gomez 8.5 7.6 5 N/A = MENTOR 8.5 7.4
SABBATH PinkBox - Celine Dion 9 8 7.5 N/A = MENTOR 10 8.625
SABBATH Psycho - Lady Gaga 10 9 10 N/A = MENTOR 10 9.75
AVERAGE: 9.375 7.65 7.125 N/A = MENTOR 8.625 8.19375

xo

2 minutes ago, Alena said:

I cant read 

:psyduck:

we been knew

So, meaning to say...

the WINNER of this challenge is....

First Place - First Second Third Place Ribbon (300x472), Png Download

Spoiler

TEAM @Element : 8.375

TEAM PLAYER YVESS ELEMENT SPEEZY SABBATH KIPPERSKIPPER TOTAL
ELEMENT Solarie - Avril Lavigne 9 N/A = MENTOR 9.5 7 10 8.875
ELEMENT kiiwii - Katy Perry 8 N/A = MENTOR 7.5 6.5 8.5 7.625
ELEMENT Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae 9 N/A = MENTOR 8 9 9 8.75
ELEMENT Guero - Ariana Grande 9.5 N/A = MENTOR 7 7.5 9 8.25
AVERAGE: 8.875 N/A = MENTOR 8 7.5 9.125 8.375

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.