Ultimate TABS S1 : The Ultimate TABS is BEYONCE (Touch It)

Yvess

ROUND 13 ENTRIES

"DAY/NIGHT"

TEAM ELEMENT

Mentor: @Element

Members: @Solarie @kiiwii @Guero @EriKills

Solarie - Avril Lavigne

"NIGHT/DARK"

Spoiler

Picture:

rare-under-my-skin-images-avril-lavigne-

The imagery of this picture is mysterious and dark. Avril is wearing dark clothing and her face looks sad, almost depressed. The aura of the picture as a whole is enigmatic.

The explanation is that the video and the song itself are pretty dark. She refers to her ex lover as "the devil". The devil in the video is portrayed as the prince of the dark. There is a lot of occultist symbols featured in the MV and most of the video is filmed in a dark atmosphere with a dark visuals.

kiiwii - Katy Perry

"NIGHT/DARK"

Spoiler

Night

The time of day when dark thoughts tend to plague one’s mind. When we’re left alone to overthink and just sink into our emotions without inhibitions.

Wide Awake is one of, if not Katy’s darkest music video to date. Other than clearly taking place at night for majority of the video, the labyrinth and feeling of being lost adds to the the isolation that one may also find themselves facing.

KatyPerry5.jpg

In this picture, Katy is seen standing at the ledge of a bridge, light dimly reflecting off of the water that lays below her. Her intentions are clear and there is no denying what she is contemplating on doing as she stands on the edge with her eyes closed.

Guero - Ariana Grande

"NIGHT/DARK"

Spoiler

KPmd5yg.jpg

Video Description: Beyond the dark setting, the only sources of light in the video are eerie and nocturnal, contributing perfectly to the nighttime setting (i.e., Ariana holding that moon orb, the crystalline stars, etc.).

EriKills - Tinashe

"DAY/LIGHT"

Spoiler

Light Challenge :-* 

tinashe-singer-new-album.jpg

Explanation: 

Video: The bright, high energy, and colorful themes and lyrics prevalent in Superlove showcase the theme of LIGHT. I like that the video gives us various degrees of light; we see setting of peak daylight in middle of the day, sunset daylight, even the night scene we see prevalent car headlights throughout. Unlike darkness, LIGHT often comes in various level of degrees which this music video does a great job showcasing.

Pic: A more symbolic approach of LIGHT, this photo is taken from an interview with TIME magazine where Tinashe discusses her promising career beginnings, soon followed by the failed 2016 Joyride era, but how ultimately she is a fighter ready for the spotlight. Despite being shrouded in darkness it is the sliver of LIGHT that catches our attention to the pic. Her facial expression gives us signs of hope, a common theme of LIGHT. For Tinashe it's a new day, and despite her career setbacks, she looks towards the light as she's ready to end the Tinashe curse and be the shining star she was meant to be.

XOXO

Edited by Yvess

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Sabbath

• PinkBox

• thecptz

Top Posters In This Topic

@Guero I never knew the light is coming had a music video :lmao:

Where the hell was I at when it came out

i think the photo is missing for my entry? @Yvess

edit: nevermind it finally loaded hehe

Edited by Guero

2 minutes ago, Black Canary said:

I never knew the light is coming had a music video :lmao:

im sure she planned it this way her mind

1 minute ago, Guero said:

i think the photo is missing for my entry? @Yvess

i can see it, but i inserted it again now. pls check sis :) 

1 minute ago, Yvess said:

i can see it, but i inserted it again now. pls check sis :) 

i caught it afterward :gaycat4:

Madonna, Taylor and Conchita will get a deduction for sending in late.

the first two will get a 0.20 deduction on their final scores

while Conchita will get a 0.50 deduction

note: this will not be reflected in their TEAM AVERAGES at all / but it will affect their individual scores 

xoxo

14 minutes ago, Yvess said:

ROUND 13 ENTRIES

"DAY/NIGHT"

TEAM SABBATH

Mentor: @Sabbath

Members: @KatyCatPH  @Psycho@PinkBox @Invisibility

KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift

"DAY/LIGHT"

Reveal hidden contents

C6E4xAX.jpg

Aside from being literally in the light of day, the photo and music video I sent represent Taylor's joyful, fun and carefree personality which are traits that we usually attach to light and day. Also these are both from the Red era which is named for a bright color and bright colors are also considered day colors

Pinkbox - Celine Dion

"DAY/LIGHT"

Reveal hidden contents
Image result for celine dion water and a flame photoshoot

This beautiful picture represents day/light with the light from the gorgeous sun in the background reflecting on her luscious and YOUNG skin! Not only is there the light from the sun, but Celine herself is also a light to all of us in our lives, with her music, her personality and her perfect skin shining a light in people with dark nasty souls (@Black Canary). The picture also carries a sense of peacefulness as she's laying in her bed, with the setting being very relaxed as if she was on a vacation and has nothing to worry about. Her white clothing also adds to that, along with a feeling of innocence, something darkness could never achieve!

This music video is, from beginning to the end, completely in daylight while it's 35 degrees Celsius. Obvious aspect aside, it's also a very light-hearted music video, all of them are just having a fun and amazing time, you just can't help but to feel happy watching it! And if gorgeous shirtless men don't represent light to you, then you're homophobic!

Psycho - Lady Gaga

"NIGHT/DARK"

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20121202160230

/---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

I chose The Fame Monster cover art because it represents the darker tone of The Fame Monster era as a whole. Gaga has black hair (a change from her previous iconic blonde hair), a grey background, black tears and there's an overall dark and edgy vibe. In fact, Gaga recalled her label saying the photo was too dark: "I had lots of arguments with my record labels about my album covers because they were sort of classic and simple. And there's this one image of me with very dark hair, crying, and they're like, 'It's so dark and nobody's going to understand.'"

/---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

I chose the Alejandro MV because it is possibly Gaga's darkest video. The video includes Gaga leading a funeral and religious imagery paired with fire, among other things. The director, Steven Klein, said, "[It is] about a woman's desire to resurrect a dead love and who can not face the brutality of her present situation. The pain of living without your true love."

Invisibility - Madonna

"NIGHT/DARK"

Reveal hidden contents
2d21b52c212b64104d32263af89fc0f0.jpg

BDSM often encapsulates some of the darkest desires in sex. And Ms. Ditta knows it, as she's all dressed up in dominatrix attire to discipline her harem of submissive men with her whip. Besides that, the picture from the Erotica session is full of black hues, which makes for the perfect night setting.

A nightout in NYC. One old typewriter. Dozens of joyful lives taken away in an instant. Few things get darker than this offering from the latest work of the sexagenarian chanteuse, as she reopens the wound of Pulse night for her own art in the topic of gun violence. Even the smaller scenes, such as the shooting flashing on the news for half a second, or the quick assault Madonna's character suffers on her way to the club, feel like dark material that is not often touched upon.

XOXO

13 minutes ago, Yvess said:

ROUND 13 ENTRIES

"DAY/NIGHT"

TEAM SPEEZY

Mentor: @Speezy

Members:@Touch It @Boys @Queen Conchita @Overprotected

Queen Conchita - Conchita Wurst

"DAY/LIGHT"

Reveal hidden contents

2lx8iuv.jpg

Providing you with a video setting of flowers and sunshine for the 'day/light' theme would be a safe option so here I am serving a concept i've titled 'Before The Morning Commute'. Subway/Underground stations are a bustling place, from morning all through to night and there's nothing like the serenity of the sunrise hours in such buildings, Conchita makes the most of that in the Trash All The Glam video singing "I have come here to be me in peace". Sometimes being alone is when people feel most free and are able to come out of their shell which is also reflected in my chosen photo.

Boys - Britney Spears

"NIGHT/DARK"

Reveal hidden contents

6_hd.jpg

Even in the Darkness you can still find the Light.... that will lead you to what really makes you happy. In my photo you can see Britney in the night located in Vegas but even shrouded in darkness the fire is set ablaze shining a light on the future of her career which was Britney setting the trend of high profile musicians going to Vegas such as Drake, Gaga, Bruno, Xtina and JLO. This made her happy because she didn't have to travel the world without her two kids and she could stay in one place and really connect with her family. People said Britney was over and trashed her residency but it was highly successful and set RECORDS during her run. Just proving once again that she truly does have TABS because even outside of just dropping an album she's a smart business woman which is apart of having TABS which a lot of girls don't possess as we can see in this competition.

In the visually STUNNING music video Slumber Party starring @EriKills you can see Britney truly getting to let loose in the middle of the night in a chateau. Britney struts her way through the colorful mansion living her best life knowing no one is judging her. At night she can wash away the pressures and stress of being a mom while no one is looking and play around with a sexy man...

tumblr_ojuqwzhKXl1qae5aro1_400.gif

or even another girl...

PresentSaltyBustard-size_restricted.gif

The point being as I said before that even at night you can still find the light towards whatever makes you happy as seen here in this music video which doesn't shy away from lights and color.

Touch It - Beyonce

"DAY/LIGHT"

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for beyonce dazed and confused

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=civgUOommC8 

The whole spirit music video is the epitome of day time. The music video starts off during the sunrise and ends at the sunset while showing off how beautiful nature is throughout the entire day.

Overprotected - Bjork

"NIGHT/DARK"

Reveal hidden contents

bjork-2011-biophilia-inez-vinoodh-mmpari

Serving night queen of cosmos

Serving heartbreak and mental breakdown during the night (I'm aware that not all scenes were filmed during nighttime but I think the dark visuals and her outfit set the night mood :thing:). Play in the highest quality possible for the full experience :jamming:

xoxO

12 minutes ago, Yvess said:

ROUND 13 ENTRIES

"DAY/NIGHT"

TEAM ELEMENT

Mentor: @Element

Members: @Solarie @kiiwii @Guero @EriKills

Solarie - Avril Lavigne

"NIGHT/DARK"

Reveal hidden contents

Picture:

rare-under-my-skin-images-avril-lavigne-

The imagery of this picture is mysterious and dark. Avril is wearing dark clothing and her face looks sad, almost depressed. The aura of the picture as a whole is enigmatic.

The explanation is that the video and the song itself are pretty dark. She refers to her ex lover as "the devil". The devil in the video is portrayed as the prince of the dark. There is a lot of occultist symbols featured in the MV and most of the video is filmed in a dark atmosphere with a dark visuals.

kiiwii - Katy Perry

"NIGHT/DARK"

Reveal hidden contents

Night

The time of day when dark thoughts tend to plague one’s mind. When we’re left alone to overthink and just sink into our emotions without inhibitions.

Wide Awake is one of, if not Katy’s darkest music video to date. Other than clearly taking place at night for majority of the video, the labyrinth and feeling of being lost adds to the the isolation that one may also find themselves facing.

KatyPerry5.jpg

In this picture, Katy is seen standing at the ledge of a bridge, light dimly reflecting off of the water that lays below her. Her intentions are clear and there is no denying what she is contemplating on doing as she stands on the edge with her eyes closed.

Guero - Ariana Grande

"NIGHT/DARK"

Reveal hidden contents

KPmd5yg.jpg

Video Description: Beyond the dark setting, the only sources of light in the video are eerie and nocturnal, contributing perfectly to the nighttime setting (i.e., Ariana holding that moon orb, the crystalline stars, etc.).

EriKills - Tinashe

"DAY/LIGHT"

Reveal hidden contents

Light Challenge :-* 

tinashe-singer-new-album.jpg

Explanation: 

Video: The bright, high energy, and colorful themes and lyrics prevalent in Superlove showcase the theme of LIGHT. I like that the video gives us various degrees of light; we see setting of peak daylight in middle of the day, sunset daylight, even the night scene we see prevalent car headlights throughout. Unlike darkness, LIGHT often comes in various level of degrees which this music video does a great job showcasing.

Pic: A more symbolic approach of LIGHT, this photo is taken from an interview with TIME magazine where Tinashe discusses her promising career beginnings, soon followed by the failed 2016 Joyride era, but how ultimately she is a fighter ready for the spotlight. Despite being shrouded in darkness it is the sliver of LIGHT that catches our attention to the pic. Her facial expression gives us signs of hope, a common theme of LIGHT. For Tinashe it's a new day, and despite her career setbacks, she looks towards the light as she's ready to end the Tinashe curse and be the shining star she was meant to be.

XOXO

Team TABSbath did that!

gpgToc3.gif

@Queen Conchita sending a pic from that photoshoot :jonny4: I love the one where he's covered in lube 

Spoiler

D1KL9HWXcAUGaHJ.jpg

9 minutes ago, Guero said:

i caught it afterward :gaycat4:

nice to know :gaycat2:

13 minutes ago, Yvess said:

Madonna, Taylor and Conchita will get a deduction for sending in late.

the first two will get a 0.20 deduction on their final scores

Well it's over, how much later after the deadline did I submit? Dd

6 minutes ago, Invisibility said:

Well it's over, how much later after the deadline did I submit? Dd

only 6-7 hours sis, same with Taylor :-* 

so sorry sis 

Also I keep getting misgendered in this game I am no longer Boys please refer to me as Black Canary or I'm going to start using the report button for bullying :psyduck:

10 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

What, I didn't know that Drake did a Vegas residency :bibliahh:

Yes sis, Britney really did that

6 minutes ago, Solarie said:

Why wouldn’t FatBox use A New DAY Has Come ? I-

The green screen is a MESS, serving new youtuber with 50 subscribers doing sketches with no budget

I know I stomped this round

giphy.gif

I know I stomped this round like Nina West stomped walking that runway during her Farm runway

TABSnashe slaying both day and night rounds whew 

PresentSaltyBustard-size_restricted.gif

This round I stomped I know

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.