Hot 100: Old Town Road #1

iHype.

Just now, fab said:

I don't think OTR will be #1 for THAT long. like yeah something like 5 weeks looks likely but I don't think it's gonna be a 10+ week #1. People thought the same about Black Beatles and Panda but they both kinda fizzled out rather quickly. 

Black Beatles was driven primarily by uploads like Harlem Shake. Panda actually had a slower ascent to #1 and then Drake came with One Dance

You must not realize this is only OTR's 3rd week charting on the hot 100. And this chart date doesnt even include the remix

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Mr.Fenty

• slw84

• Enoch

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Sinister said:

@Jet is upset even though 7 Rings wouldnt have been #1 had OTR not exploded. Calm down :lmao:

I'm not mad. 7 Rings is the longest running #1 on the year. I just think this song is terrible.

tenor.gif

so next week the lowest sales peaks 2007+ for a #1 will still be bodak yellow (3) and sad (5)

3 minutes ago, Sinister said:

That's not him at all

The joke is that this boy went viral years ago and now claims he is straight with a girlfriend

Lol yeah i was like that's not lil nas, what kind of all black people look the same nonsense is this?

And I believe him!!1 The heterosexualness slapped me in the face when i pressed play on that video.

2 minutes ago, Jet said:

I'm not even being shady. The dude sounds silly on that beat with that corny accent. I ask again, is this song meant as a joke or is he fr?

He's from the south, the accent may be have been a little accentuated but it's not far fetched.

How can you even type all that you've written in this thread while stanning Ariana? Lol the absolute lack of self awareness.

6 minutes ago, Jet said:

I'm not even being shady. The dude sounds silly on that beat with that corny accent. I ask again, is this song meant as a joke or is he fr?

You’re are an Ariana Grande stan calling someone out for imitating a culture. Why do you guys not have even a little bit of self awareness?

6 minutes ago, fab said:

I don't think OTR will be #1 for THAT long. like yeah something like 5 weeks looks likely but I don't think it's gonna be a 10+ week #1. People thought the same about Black Beatles and Panda but they both kinda fizzled out rather quickly. 

people will release new songs now too

Edited by Enoch

1 minute ago, RightAsRain said:

Lol yeah i was like that's not lil nas, what kind of all black people look the same nonsense is this?

And I believe him!!1 The heterosexualness slapped me in the face when i pressed play on that video.

He's from the south, the accent may be have been a little accentuated but it's not far fetched.

How can you even type all that you've written in this thread while stanning Ariana? Lol the absolute lack of self awareness.

We posted this at the same time. Lol.

9 minutes ago, Jet said:

I know you're not being shady but there's just some cognitive dissonance... your description of Ariana's song also applies to this one.

One of the reasons Ariana has become so huge is because she has become the queen of meme songs, which are filled with a ton of catchy one-liners that help it go viral. This is basically no different.

4 minutes ago, RightAsRain said:

You've never heard an actual southern person talk then. We don't talk like that, hence why he must've made this as a joke/meme or something.

4 minutes ago, Jaf207 said:

You’re are an Ariana Grande stan calling someone out for imitating a culture. Why do you guys not have even a little bit of self awareness?

I didn't call anyone out. I just said the song is trash and the fake accent sounds silly. Calm down.

8 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

#1 like how???? 

it got enough streams and airplay to hit number one

7 minutes ago, Golo***** said:

I know you're not being shady but there's just some cognitive dissonance... your description of Ariana's song also applies to this one.

One of the reasons Ariana has become so huge is because she has become the queen of meme songs, which are filled with a ton of catchy one-liners that help it go viral. This is basically no different.

At the end of the day its my opinion and I'm entitled to it. I don't like the song and that's fine. Just like how it's fine if you don't like 7R. It's just an opinion, no need to take it so personally.

5 minutes ago, Jet said:

At the end of the day its my opinion and I'm entitled to it. I don't like the song and that's fine. Just like how it's fine if you don't like 7R. It's just an opinion, no need to take it so personally.

VelvetyAgileHarrierhawk-size_restricted.

On 4/7/2019 at 3:02 PM, KetysandGagsSon said:

When it was the last time someone did 313k without a top 10 song on Hot 100 in his/her career ?

:deadbanana::deadbanana4:

Beyonce's 4 that leaked 3 weeks early... I think. :clap3:

1 hour ago, Thickorita said:

a win for the gays :clap3:

Y’all do know none of those pics are Lil Nas right?

Edited by Fitzswiftie
Misspelled words

here we go... 16 weeks at #1 incoming :deadbanana4:

30 minutes ago, Jet said:

You've never heard an actual southern person talk then. We don't talk like that, hence why he must've made this as a joke/meme or something.

I’m from Mississippi and sound exactly like how he is singing in the song and literally everyone here is obsessed with the song :deadbanana4:

Slay a bit Billy Ray. And jokes on the people who said there's not a drought right now. Literally all these artists who never charted this high ever / no one knows are coming out of nowhere thanks to memes, streaming playlists, and "viral" promo.

Super Early Predictions~

1. Old Town Road (=) **2nd week**

2. Sunflower (=) 

3. Wow (+1) 

4. 7 Rings (-1) 

5. Please Me (+1) 

6. Without Me (-1) 

7. Sucker (+1) 

8. Middle Child (+2) 

9. Happier (=) 

10. Dancing With A Stranger (+5) 

39 minutes ago, Orsay said:

the song is a bop

congrats to Lil MiNaj and Godllie. Gen Z excellence :party:

:clap3:

1 hour ago, fab said:

fax

YTl5ET6.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.