Billboard Charts (March 24-30, 2019)

Ger

butterflysupreme
10 hours ago, Sinister said:

No

Payola was the first 3 Reputation singles occupying the top 3 position for biggest Pop downfalls in History

That doesn’t even make sense. Taylor was just coming off the massive 1989 so obviously Radio would spam but then after a few weeks they saw that streaming wasnt stable so they dropped it. 

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• Blade

• Sinister

• Ger

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, butterflysupreme said:

That doesn’t even make sense. Taylor was just coming off the massive 1989 so obviously Radio would spam but then after a few weeks they saw that streaming wasnt stable so they dropped it. 

This^

also why i said Ariana's singles getting pushed seem more like Payola is because she has 3 singles all getting spammed on radio while not having good callouts. In Taylor's case it was always just 1 single and e.g. End Game barely made top 10 on pop, got bad callouts and was dropped immediately. Like obviously Ariana is huge right now but 3 singles getting pushed at the same time is a bit much .. which is exactly the reason why i think she doesnt have great callouts: people listening to the radio are getting sick of her being on 24/7

Edited by TaylenaStan

Wow Without Me is absolutely massive! I didn't know it returned for a second week at #1

Early predictions

1 7 Rings       320  (=)

2 Sunflower       290  (+1)

3 Wow       285  (+1)

4 Without Me       281 (-2)  

5 Please Me       229  (=)

6 Happier       217  (=)

7 Shallow       214  (=)

8 Sucker       204  (=)

9 Going Bad       204 (+1) 

10 Middle Child       201  (-1)

11 Thotiana       191  (=)

12 Eastside       190  (=)

13 Dancing With A Stranger       187  (+4)

14 High Hopes       187  (=)

15 Murder On My Mind       185 (+1) 

16 Sweet But Psycho       183  (+4)

17 Better       182  (+1)

18 Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored       181  (-3)

19 Sicko Mode       179  (-6)

20 A Lot       171  (+1)

21 Girls Like You       167 (+1)  

22 Old Town Road       163  (+10)

23 Thank U, Next       161  (-4)

27 Close To Me 136 (+1)

30 Money 128 (-4)

44 Taki Taki 101 (-2)

53 Bad Liar 87 (+6)

What a boring week. Yikes

Just now, simmnfierzig said:

The charts have been dead since August at this point.

The Holiday songs invasion & Ariana's era are the only times things in the upper chart were largely exciting & pulling huge numbers.

3 minutes ago, iHype. said:

The Holiday songs invasion & Ariana's era are the only times things in the upper chart were largely exciting & pulling huge numbers.

I mean... 

Nothing is moving

If radio supports Shallow it could go back in the Top 5

I don t know how this chart works... Tu, next is top 20 on spotify and is below sweet and pyshico that is like top 70 on spotify

20 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

13 Dancing With A Stranger       187  (+4)

All without promo or a Iive performance 

THE POWER  :jonny6:

4 minutes ago, love100 said:

I don t know how this chart works... Tu, next is top 20 on spotify and is below sweet and pyshico that is like top 70 on spotify

itunes

TUN : #59

SBS : #7

radio

TUN : 72M

SBS : 75M

streaming (without YT)

TUN : 10M weekly

SBS : 6M weekly

itunes and radio make up for the streaming gap :michael:

QueenofCopyPaste

Can someone eventful release already???????

36 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

It's expected to have boring week when there's no major release or events that push songs higher. At least this might (temporary) ends with Billie Eilish album bombs for the next chart tracking week.

38 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Shallow going #1 and basically having a rebirth on radio isnt eventful?

Christmas songs will never be exciting . Literally the worst time for charts. Who cares if a 1952 holiday song is moving up the charts because its being heavily streamed as background music in a ton of offices?

Yeah, big artists should release comeback singles at this point, they would easily debut at #1...

16 minutes ago, Blade said:

Christmas songs will never be exciting . Literally the worst time for charts. Who cares if a 1952 holiday song is moving up the charts because its being heavily streamed as background music in a ton of offices?

Shallow went #1 for a week then exited top 5. How did it shake up the charts? It’s still a huge hit but it didn’t necessarily make the charts exciting besides one single week. And simply going top 10 at radio isn’t shaking things up. 

7 Rings got 85 million streams first week, and broke records. Ariana had the entire top 3 on Hot 100. She has had two 7 week #1s. Her songs have broken radio records for gains, fastest rises, and simultaneously being hits.  That’s actually shaking up the Hot 100 for a decent period. 

And regardless of how old the Christmas songs were and how much you don’t like them they occupied like half the chart for a month and reached new peaks after decades. That was actually a record breaking and historic moment in the charts objectively. 

• ATRL Moderator

Another week for Ariana :clap3: 

41 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Shallow went #1 for a week then exited top 5. How did it shake up the charts? It’s still a huge hit but it didn’t necessarily make the charts exciting besides one single week. And simply going top 10 at radio isn’t shaking things up. 

7 Rings got 85 million streams first week, and broke records. Ariana had the entire top 3 on Hot 100. She has had two 7 week #1s. Her songs have broken radio records for gains, fastest rises, and simultaneously being hits.  That’s actually shaking up the Hot 100 for a decent period. 

And regardless of how old the Christmas songs were and how much you don’t like them they occupied like half the chart for a month and reached new peaks after decades. That was actually a record breaking and historic moment in the charts objectively. 

well this post is accurate

1 hour ago, iHype. said:

+1

1 hour ago, Blade said:

lol youre such a salty bitch. who tf cares about shallow shes OVER

1 hour ago, iHype. said:

Finally someone talking sense :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.