• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• iHype.

• Armani?

• slw84

Top Posters In This Topic

The way you all wrote her off years ago...only for her to come back swinging harder than ever

Ashley haters have lost

Ever since she released Colors as a single she has been on a hot streak (collabs included)

2 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

true. and it's a solo female pop hit that she also co-wrote.

when was the last time a female solo #1 hit happened like this? I mean...without that 1st week hype like Thank You Next, LWYMMD and Adele's Hello.

Overall, Cardi B's "Bodak Yellow". Pop related, Meghan Trainor's "All About That Bass".

Yes!!! Queen Halsey is officially a main pop girl! Can’t wait to see all the ATRLers who hate her add her to their signature now.

4 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

when was the last time a female solo #1 hit happened like this? I mean...without that 1st week hype like Thank You Next, LWYMMD and Adele's Hello.

Maybe All About That Bass? I feel like there should be some since but I can't think of any

4 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Blank Space and if you dont count that then All About That Bass

Where are the liddos that we’re shading TGS last week? Only for it to end up above ASIB despite being a year older  :mandown:

1 minute ago, Sinister said:

Blank Space and if you dont count that then All About That Bass

2 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Maybe All About That Bass? I feel like there should be some since but I can't think of any

3 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

Overall, Cardi B's "Bodak Yellow". Pop related, Meghan Trainor's "All About That Bass".

Yeah...All About That Bass was too long already.

Good to see female pop stars starting to top the charts again right when 2019 starts, since most will release something this year

the way hasley won omg :jonny5:

Well deserved :clap3: and I believe Eastside was predicted to rise, she’s having such a moment :jonny5: 

25 minutes ago, Replay said:

Wow, congrats :clap3:

I've just checked and last time we had two solo female pop songs back to back on #1 was in 2014 with Taylor's SIO and Meghan's AATB.

SIO ---> BS

4 years ago!

Edit: I didn't see that other users already posted this

Edited by Jacob.23

Watch everyone switch like **** on Halsey now. I’m truly super happy for her. Queen deserves it. What will ATRL use to drag her with now? Before they would claim that “Closer” can’t be counted as hers because it was a feature (that she is heavily featured on) and now she has a solo #1 ^_^... ahhh my ****ing fave lol. I already see a lot of OHH, calling her their fave, like they weren’t dragging her every chance that they got. 

Granted the song isn’t my favorite by her, so I’m not going to sit here and act like I’ve loved the song from the beginning (it has grown on me a lot) but she did it kids. She won and so organically as well. The queen of Anti-Pop.

YES HALSEY :clap3: :clap3::clap3:

ATRL LOST!

Tragic and with her worst and weakest single.

#1s by solo black females this decade:

2010: “Rude Boy” - Rihanna

2010: “Only Girl (In The World)” - Rihanna

2012: “Diamonds” - Rihanna

2017: “Bodak Yellow” - Cardi B

2019: “Without Me” - Halsey

Adding duets and features would include more songs by these artists + showings by Beyoncé and Janelle.

Black excellence, not everybody has that :clap3: 

When Sweet but Psycho hits top 5 y’all better pay respect to Ari for reviving female pop okay!

QueenofCopyPaste

Overrated

One of her worst Singles

The most uneventful #1 in a long time. On behalf of pop music, i am happy though!

Thank you G-Eazy.

But seriously, it's been a long time coming for any new female artist to dominate likes WO has. I'm so happy it was H.

congrats Halsey on a solo #1 hit which is difficult to get...

tumblr_n64lqyuyXe1tvt1gto4_250.gif

Edited by slw84

Congrats Halsey! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.