H100: GLY 7x #1, Happier #3, WM #9, HP #11, Money #13

Renan90

13 hours ago, Chemical X. said:

thank u, next benefits from all of the reasons people have mentioned. and that’s perfectly fine, in fact that’s kinda pop culture at its best. this is a huge career moment for her that imo secures her longevity going forward. and moments like this always tend to blend personality and music at the same time.

- relatable, empowering song that is also catchy

- her personality shines through: providing authenticity, a bit of edge, and something more exciting than the average pop song 

- a release strategy that is different for her, while still tying in her personal life (right before SNL, initially reported by TMZ), while still being smart. she had iTunes banners, Spotify playlists, an Ellen performance etc. Scooter worked every possible angle here and because people truly connect to the song, it worked.

- and of course the connection to the events in her private life that were widely on display

I am not sure why Ariana stans want to claim one or the other, when in reality it shows that people truly appreciate the music AND her as  star. not everyone can achieve that, and her years of hard work allowed her to reach that threshold.

Exactly. I'm honestly surprised at people here failing to realize this is what makes Pop girls big. 

The Fame, Teenage Dream and Lemonade weren't that big just for the music, they were that big because people were into the larger than life public persona. People can't separate Madonna or Britney from their music.

That's why big albums like "Animal" didn't make a lasting impression because they weren't interested in Ke$ha (same could be applied, to a lesser extent, to big males like Pitbull and Derulo). And also why, despite her having better stats than all the girls from her generation, P!nk doesn't seem as big. 

Thank U, Next is what made her reach that level. 

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr.Fenty

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Jude

• Sinister

6 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

And that’s a good thing?

so to be #1 and make pop music, you need to pimp out every detail of your life?

doesnt that just prove my whole argument?  That music on the charts should be about the music and not what story you can generate?

yea okay it’s the way it is, but do we need to sit and accept it, or can we not make a statement and support for music to be the deciding factor, and not life events.

Why are you so bitter? Artists writing about real Life events is nothing new or bad

10 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

And that’s a good thing?

doesnt that just prove my whole argument?  That music on the charts should be about the music and not what story you can generate?

yea okay it’s the way it is, but do we need to sit and accept it, or can we not make a statement and support for music to be the deciding factor, and not life events.

Come on man...music is suppose to be a way for artists to get their emotions out. That's how you connect with people. Just because you want faceless music that anybody can sing doesn't mean everyone does. AKA the reason why this is connecting with so many people. 

Edited by Mezter

9 hours ago, fanboyn8 said:

Wait she name drops on Thank you Next?  Like she says the guy’s name?

i havent listened, the iTunes preview was enough of that **** for me...

You didn't know that she name dropped? Goes to show that the name dropping isn't the reason this song is a smash :clap3: 

1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

Troubled Soul by Amy MacDonald is an absolutely beautiful, emotion packed song thst exposes the singer, and it’s done without needing to say who the song is about,

Okay sis. This whole situation clearly has you in shambles. People like the song because they like it. And that's that on that.

i1LC9foYLrbD9.gif

54 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

And that’s a good thing?

you must be so insufferable in person

On 11/6/2018 at 12:34 PM, Mattyboy said:

Nah it’s not going #1. Top 3 for sure. It’s missing 2 days of tracking and sales won’t be that high. 

:rip: 

20 hours ago, levi_valvi said:

What kind of wizardry do you think went into this song :skull: 

Ariana, Victoria and Tayla being in a coven :duca: Scooter being the Dark Lord :duca: 

3 minutes ago, HolyYoursTruly said:

:rip: 

Came back from a hiatus and STILL so wrong...I'm screaming

4 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

I’m just against our female music stars needing to sell their souls online to be stars and have a #1.

And I hate whst message that sends to the younger crowd that want to be singers.

So shoot me for wanting decency,

You're against the female music stars doing it, and not the males building careers off of implicating women in cheating/scandal and selling concurrent tabloid stories to coincide with single releases. JT, Ed Sheeran, etc. all fair game. And that the female star in question here already had headlines being written about her and having people take advantage of her personal tragedy for site traffic, and instead of being hateful and lashing out, is expressing via her art and trying to turn it into a positive.

I know it's just trolling at this point, but the fallacy, chile. At least make it make sense if the point is to offend. :!ohno:

On 11/6/2018 at 12:34 PM, Mattyboy said:

Nah it’s not going #1. Top 3 for sure. It’s missing 2 days of tracking and sales won’t be that high. 

hmmff

35 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

I’m just against our female music stars needing to sell their souls online to be stars and have a #1.

And I hate whst message that sends to the younger crowd that want to be singers.

So shoot me for wanting decency,

Why are you even still following Billboard? :rip:

You complain about every artist, every song, and every rule. You clearly don't like anything on the charts or about the charts. There's plenty of other hobbies.

9 hours ago, Sinister said:

And that's her fault?

If you gave someone permission to do something, you cant change your mind later and think you have a credible argument to stand on.

Which is literally what a huge part of the controversy with Kanye and Taylor over "Famous." If you gave someone permission to use your name and what not, you cant get mad afterwards...you couldve just said no from the jump (not about to get into this particular situation...was just an example of how a lot of ppl view it

Imagine Little Sean coming home from school, crying...

Big Sean: "what's wrong little man?"

Little Sean: "d-d-d-daddy, some of th-th-the other kids at school, were making FUN OF ME!!!!" *sobbing becomes louder*

Big Sean: "awww my little soldier, dont cry dont cry. Why are they making fun of you?"

Little Sean: *wipes snout from face on his sleeves* "Thank You, Next by Ariana Grande"

That’s why we need users like you 

9 hours ago, Sinister said:

And that's her fault?

If you gave someone permission to do something, you cant change your mind later and think you have a credible argument to stand on.

Which is literally what a huge part of the controversy with Kanye and Taylor over "Famous." If you gave someone permission to use your name and what not, you cant get mad afterwards...you couldve just said no from the jump (not about to get into this particular situation...was just an example of how a lot of ppl view it

Imagine Little Sean coming home from school, crying...

Big Sean: "what's wrong little man?"

Little Sean: "d-d-d-daddy, some of th-th-the other kids at school, were making FUN OF ME!!!!" *sobbing becomes louder*

Big Sean: "awww my little soldier, dont cry dont cry. Why are they making fun of you?"

Little Sean: *wipes snout from face on his sleeves* "Thank You, Next by Ariana Grande"

oh wow, if I was that user I would never come back to this thread kiii

maybe he should leave since all he does is complain and make off topic discussions, or maybe a mod should do something

My updated predictions:

Thank you, next

DEBUT

Happier

+1

Girls Like You

SICKO MODE

Lucid Dreams

Without Me

+3

Better Now

ZEZE

Drip Too Hard

Youngblood

High Hopes

=

Mo Bamba

Wake Up in the Sky

+13

Breathin'

+18

Love Lies

Natural

Trip

=

God is a woman

+2

Eastside

Taki Taki

Also Bohemian Rhapsody will return to the Hot 100. I have it at #34 but I think it could be higher :duca: 

I'll post my final predictions on Sunday.

18 minutes ago, Green said:

My updated predictions:

Thank you, next

DEBUT

Happier

+1

Girls Like You

SICKO MODE

Lucid Dreams

Without Me

+3

Better Now

ZEZE

Drip Too Hard

Youngblood

High Hopes

=

Mo Bamba

Wake Up in the Sky

+13

Breathin'

+18

Love Lies

Natural

Trip

=

God is a woman

+2

Eastside

Taki Taki

Also Bohemian Rhapsody will return to the Hot 100. I have it at #34 but I think it could be higher :duca: 

Breathin :eek:

Also, wow at that points lead! There goes the "it's a weak #1" excuse. :jonny:

Knew breathin would go top 15. Another solo top 15 this era. Non everyone has that. :jonny5:

So Ariana is going to have 3 solo top 20 next week?  Ahhhh. :jonny5:

59 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

So we are looking at the next 4-6 week #1 meme.

just stop for gods sake

1 hour ago, Green said:

My updated predictions:

Thank you, next

DEBUT

Happier

+1

Girls Like You

SICKO MODE

Lucid Dreams

Without Me

+3

Better Now

ZEZE

Drip Too Hard

Youngblood

High Hopes

=

Mo Bamba

Wake Up in the Sky

+13

Breathin'

+18

Love Lies

Natural

Trip

=

God is a woman

+2

Eastside

Taki Taki

I cant believe Ariana is about to get her deserved #1, Breathin' deserves better tho, hope with radio it can go TOP 10 in the future

11 minutes ago, Mr. Adele said:

I cant believe Ariana is about to get her deserved #1, Breathin' deserves better tho, hope with radio it can go TOP 10 in the future

you’re such a cute ari supporter i see u in all the tu,n threads hi :hug:

also first this tu,n was #1 because of sympathy, now it’s #1 because it’s a meme? can y’all come up with something else?

6 minutes ago, Scandal said:

you’re such a cute ari supporter i see u in all the tu,n threads hi :hug:

also first this tu,n was #1 because of sympathy, now it’s #1 because it’s a meme? can y’all come up with something else?

I love and support the best ex act :hug: hi sis

people are pathetic, I hope he gets the WP from my report and I hope he learns from it like Ari learned with her exes :eli: 

Edited by Mr. Adele

1 minute ago, Mr. Adele said:

I love and support the best ex act :hug: hi sis

people are pathetic, I hope he gets the WP from my report and I hope he learns from it like Ari learned with her exes :eli: 

i’m- 

OT: a 200 point lead :jonny5:

1 minute ago, Scandal said:

a 200 point lead :jonny5:

not bad for a meme #1, right sis?? :jonny5:

2 hours ago, Green said:

My updated predictions:

Thank you, next

DEBUT

Happier

+1

Girls Like You

SICKO MODE

Lucid Dreams

Without Me

+3

Better Now

ZEZE

Drip Too Hard

Youngblood

High Hopes

=

Mo Bamba

Wake Up in the Sky

+13

Breathin'

+18

Love Lies

Natural

Trip

=

God is a woman

+2

Eastside

Taki Taki

An all pop top 3 :clap3: POP NEVER DIES

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.