H100: GLY 7x #1, Happier #3, WM #9, HP #11, Money #13

Renan90

42 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

i sure hope no one is using mobile data loading this page

tumblr_o41ykkVol81uiziyxo1_400.gif

@Thuggin I lowkey hate you (but yeah stomp on those OAH’s)

tumblr_o41ykkVol81uiziyxo1_400.gif

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr.Fenty

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Jude

• Sinister

uhm Barbie things literally showed us what it looks like when people turn in to a song just for the name dropping: a huge surge that doesn't last long. TUN is increasing by the day so yeah, it's obviously not the same case.

2 hours ago, nick4bty said:

Pretty much this. Her entire life has been promo for this song. There’s obviously a reason why they rush released it in the middle of an era :skull:

You guys are actually sad. 

You all criticize artists for not being personal enough or not having authenticity then you criticize them for being too personal. 

I personally don't mind this because it makes the music better the more personal it is. 

You guys are obviously bitter. Same thing happened with Bey and lemonade. 

8 minutes ago, Actorguy21 said:

You guys are actually sad. 

You all criticize artists for not being personal enough or not having authenticity then you criticize them for being too personal. 

I personally don't mind this because it makes the music better the more personal it is. 

You guys are obviously bitter. Same thing happened with Bey and lemonade. 

There's nothing bitter about what I said? Why are Ari fans so sensitive lately :rip: It's obvious this was calculated, I'm just stating the obvious. The song is personal, but let's not act like she made it for art. She made it and released it to get a #1. That's all I'm saying. 

Congrats to her on her first #1, after all this time she deserves it more than anyone :clap3:

3 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

There's nothing bitter about what I said? Why are Ari fans so sensitive lately :rip: It's obvious this was calculated, I'm just stating the obvious. The song is personal, but let's not act like she made it for art. She made it and released it to get a #1. That's all I'm saying. 

Congrats to her on her first #1, after all this time she deserves it more than anyone :clap3:

yes that's why she released it without announcing it beforehand in the middle of the tracking week with no discount, video, big playlist marketing, radio adds, or planned performances (the ellen one was only booked after scooter saw the public's reaction). 

do you realize how stupid you sound? compare this to NTLTC rollout and you'll see that's her team actually trying to get a #1. furthermore, if she released this with that goal she wouldnt have released it when she was already promoting two other singles on radio.

I'm sorry but I find it extremely funny and ironic that this fandom is pulling tweets as a receipt as to how the song is good etc yet this is the exact same fanbase that had meltdowns saying the industry is RUINED when rap songs with memes attached to them go #1. :angelo:

The "rain drop drop top" meme, black Beatles mannequin challenge, the "Kiki do you love me" etc were all lashed by pop Stans on atrl (mostly arianators), who said these songs were jokes and that the tweets were not indicative of true consumption or liking for the song :zzz:

22 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

and you have literally 0 legs to stand on when making this claim. only the first verse which has not been mentioned once in the DOZENS of viral tweets posted and not posted in this thread. thank u, next.

Edited by Scandal

6 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

I'm sorry but I find it extremely funny and ironic that this fandom is pulling tweets as a receipt as to how the song is good etc yet this is the exact same fanbase that had meltdowns saying the industry is RUINED when rap songs with memes attached to them go #1. :angelo:

The "rain drop drop top" meme, black Beatles mannequin challenge, the "Kiki do you love me" etc were all lashed by pop Stans on atrl (mostly arianators), who said these songs were jokes and that the tweets were not indicative of true consumption or liking for the song :zzz:

literally nobody from our base said that (and if they did, it was probably once from one or two people). especially when ariana gets the most viral tweets out of any pop girl (maybe tied with rihanna).

9kNoVeL.gif

Edited by Scandal

• ATRL Moderator

My phone kept crashing due to the receipts in the last page :ahh: 

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

What is this deluded fantasy :rip: 

2 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

With NTLTC they were strategizing to get a #1 but this is completely different. She's been talking to fans on Twitter about how she's sick of eras and wants to release music as she makes it so that it's "fresh" when we hear it and that's exactly what she did by spontaneously releasing this. And this song is a part of a project she made in like a month with her friends after everything that's happened.

Her team is smart, they would've released it with a full week, music video, radio deal, and not in the middle of another single's run if they were trying to get a #1. I guess I understand thinking it was calculated because of how insanely well it's doing and if you don't really keep up with Ariana, but pretty sure TUN going #1 is a surprise to everyone including her and her label

9 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

So the day of tweets and dropping it half an hour before SNL and reported/announced apete sketch on them, was just a coincidence-e...

the tweet was out of anger because of the joke pete made and it was up for less than 15 minutes. if it was part of a "promo plan" she wouldve just left it up for more exposure, but she didnt, because it was a thing of the moment and she realized later it was dumb and deleted. why is it so hard for yall to believe that artists are actual human beings with...feelings? why does every little thing they do have to be part of some calculated plan to do bigger numbers? 

Edited by allnight

7 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

So the day of tweets and dropping it half an hour before SNL and reported/announced apete sketch on them, was just a coincidence-e...

maybe because she and pete had a falling out, she happened to release a song before SNL so that she could control the narrative on her breakup. that doesn't mean she purposely planned it all out to become a mega smash, the events leading up to the moment just seemed to align in a way for this to smash. 

43 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

What is this deluded fantasy :rip: 

Right. Why would Ariana stans in particular even be so against songs becoming viral memes. :rip:

41 minutes ago, Glo said:

With NTLTC they were strategizing to get a #1 but this is completely different. She's been talking to fans on Twitter about how she's sick of eras and wants to release music as she makes it so that it's "fresh" when we hear it and that's exactly what she did by spontaneously releasing this. And this song is a part of a project she made in like a month with her friends after everything that's happened.

Her team is smart, they would've released it with a full week, music video, radio deal, and not in the middle of another single's run if they were trying to get a #1. I guess I understand thinking it was calculated because of how insanely well it's doing and if you don't really keep up with Ariana, but pretty sure TUN going #1 is a surprise to everyone including her and her label

I’m not disagreeing with you, but I guess i meant a deeper kind of calculation, one that would transcend chart manipulation. And it obviously worked. 

Though they definitely were taking advantage of the weak chart. M5 likely would have fallen next week anyway, and a Saturday release is pretty in line with other surprise release strategies 

6 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

I’m not disagreeing with you, but I guess i meant a deeper kind of calculation, one that would transcend chart manipulation. And it obviously worked. 

Though they definitely were taking advantage of the weak chart. M5 likely would have fallen next week anyway, and a Saturday release is pretty in line with other surprise release strategies 

What kind of wizardry do you think went into this song :skull: 

On 11/6/2018 at 4:12 PM, Cryptique said:

I'm a Ty,N hater but damn... at this rate it'll debut atop H100... 

~40M streams

~50k sales

That alone is enough to snatch top1.. plus her crazy radio support.. a no.1 on lock congrats to her.. bookmark me

On 11/6/2018 at 7:34 PM, Mattyboy said:

Nah it’s not going #1. Top 3 for sure. It’s missing 2 days of tracking and sales won’t be that high. 

o WOW.. maybe i snappedT.. @Mattyboy thoughts?

Ariana Grande Vying for First No. 1 on Next Week's Billboard Hot 100 | Billboard News

18 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Her team is smart. Scooter is smart,

they got much more publicity and tracking releasing it just before SNL than  a standard release on a Friday,

besides, I highly doubt she finished the song at 1130 pm in the studio on a Saturday night.

Not many people were even talking about the timing and the correlation is a bit of a reach anyway since it wasn't even a diss to Pete. Releasing it without 2 days of tracking was very risky and there was no guarantee it would even hit top 10 by doing that. It easily could've ruined her streak of lead singles debuting top 10 but it overperformed (by a lot) and I highly doubt that was because of releasing it before SNL, which I'm not even sure most people know happened

I mean if you think her team is that smart that they expected it to pull the numbers it's pulling when she's never seen streams this large in her career, I guess they were right. I just think it's extremely unlikely they'd take that risk if their goal was to hit #1

6 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

inb4 "they always make those speculative articles for clicks" and "FEFE deserved it :cries: "

Edited by ClashAndBurn

Thank You Next is one of the most exciting #1s of the year :duca:

Despacito could have really done 20 weeks at #1 in this climate

2 hours ago, Jacob.23 said:

Despacito could have really done 20 weeks at #1 in this climate

Despacito could’ve done 20 weeks in its own climate if Taylor didn’t shake it off.

44 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Despacito was still charting when LWYMMD was sent recurrent for having 20 weeks and not being top fifty,

so what's your point? that is definitely what they are talking about.

2 minutes ago, TayDine1989 said:

so what's your point? that is definitely what they are talking about.

*that is not

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.