UPDATE: Highest grossing female tours of all time

filmman

ThirdWardBey
9 minutes ago, Mariano said:

Exactly.  Beyonce did only 7 tours with 6 years on top of Gaga hence why Gaga's touring demand went down in the past few years and will go UP again after she takes a bigger break, like Beyonce did. 

What didn't u understand exactly ?  Gaga grossing 500M in her first 5 years in the industry >>>>>>>> Beyonce grossing 300m more with Jay Z's help, 2 SUPERBOWLs and more than 10 years time. 

Also stop talking about dates.  If Gaga took a 4 year break from touring like Beyonce, she would also do less dates with bigger average that doesn't mean anything lol.  

Except Beyoncé's touring demand never went down, it has only increased with each tour. Also, if you subtract the On The Run Tour, Beyoncé has still outgrossed Gaga with less dates.

The amount of years Beyoncé has been touring is irrelevant when Gaga has played more shows than her in less time and still managed to gross less. How are you not understanding that? :dies:

Also, 2014-2017 is a 3 year break for Gaga, so using your logic, she should easily outgross The Formation World Tour with the same amount of dates, correct? Let's see how that goes. :fan:

Edited by ThirdWardBey

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LoveLiveMusic

• Cockney Cupcake

• Mediabase

• blackbeatxx

On 4/1/2017 at 10:06 AM, bey0nce said:

I don't mind expanding it to 20, might do it later this evening if I can find the accurate top 20 and the same averages used in the OP

Awesome! :heart2:

9 hours ago, ThirdWardBey said:

Gaga went on 6 tours from 2009-2014 with 499 dates and ~ $509.9 million in tour gross

Beyoncé went on 7 tours from 2003-2016 with 450 dates and ~ 826.2 million in tour gross

That is a $316.2 million difference in tour gross, no where near Beyoncé's overall gross. The Joanne World Tour would need to be Gaga's most successful tour of her career in order for her to actually become close to Beyoncé's overall number and even if that were to happen (which I doubt considering Gaga's last tour grossed $83M), Gaga would have still failed to outgross Beyoncé with more dates than Beyoncé. 

Gaga has been on 3 tours. No, the Fame Ball and Cheek to Cheek do not count :rip: You could subtract their totals and she'd still have around 495 million. Obviously not as much as Beyonce still but don't add on that extra crap everyone knows is not a Gaga tour. What's the secret 6th tour??? As far as I know she's been on The Monster Ball, The Born this Way Ball and the artRave.

9 hours ago, Mariano said:

Exactly.  Beyonce did only 7 tours with 6 years on top of Gaga hence why Gaga's touring demand went down in the past few years and will go UP again after she takes a bigger break, like Beyonce did. 

What didn't u understand exactly ?  Gaga grossing 500M in her first 5 years in the industry >>>>>>>> Beyonce grossing 300m more with Jay Z's help, 2 SUPERBOWLs and more than 10 years time. 

Also stop talking about dates.  If Gaga took a 4 year break from touring like Beyonce, she would also do less dates with bigger average that doesn't mean anything lol.  

Confused...

MCSWT: 2013-2104: $230m

OTWT: 2014: $110m

FWT: 2016: $256m

That's like $600m in less than 4 years

9 hours ago, Mariano said:

Are you sure that Jay Z helped?

Formation tour ( solo tour) did better than On the Run tour ( joint tour)

Yall should be grateful that GaGa didn't complete the Born This Way Ball... it could be #7 or #8 :'(

Least amount of shows. Highest average audience. Also she has the 2nd highest average earning per concert (all tours, male and female.) Had she extended her tour madonna's wig wouldn't be safe. 

No matter once the twins are born and she releases B7 then Madonna can kindly hand her wig to Beyonce. 

1 hour ago, bey0nce said:

Pollstar 2013 (all shows accounted for): $188.6M

Billboard 2014: $41.1M or Pollstar 2014: $40.5M 

= $229.7M or $229.1M

And this isn't me just stating this, pretty much everywhere for the past 3 years from the Wiki page, to the highest grossing tours of all time Wiki page, to the receipts page etc uses this figure. I'm just re-posting it. 

Combining BB numbers + pollstar conveniently:rip: . And wikipedia actually has the correct numbers and boxscores very well referenced https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mrs._Carter_Show_World_Tour#Shows (they only had one small mistake at the end), Wikipedia doesn't matter here anyway.

All dates are reported and you're clearly manipulating this when it's not necessary. 

Edited by Travis Bickle

1 hour ago, Travis Bickle said:

Combining BB numbers + pollstar conveniently:rip: . And wikipedia actually has the correct numbers and boxscores very well referenced https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mrs._Carter_Show_World_Tour#Shows (they only had one small mistake at the end), Wikipedia doesn't matter here anyway.

All dates are reported and you're clearly manipulating this when it's not necessary. 

Wikipedia also states:

The tour grossed $188.6 million in 2013 and the 2014 shows grossed $41.1 million, bringing the tour's total gross revenue to $229.7 million. This made The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour the highest-grossing female and solo tour of 2013, and one of the highest-grossing tours of the decade.

In the opening paragraph, and in the total box office in the top box thing:

The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour
Tour by Beyoncé
Mrs. Carter.jpg
Promotional poster for the tour
Associated albums
Start date April 15, 2013
End date March 27, 2014
Legs 9
No. of shows
  • 60 in Europe
  • 47 in North America
  • 18 in Oceania
  • 7 in South America
  • 132 total
Box office $229.7 million

It's also listed on this page here: 

16  $229,727,960  $232,408,227  Beyoncé  The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour  2013–14  132  2,082,848  1.7  15,779  [10][15]

And on the receipts page back in ATRL classic here: https://classic.atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=380929

I'm not manipulating anything, I'm posting the widely used figure. Chill out... 

Edited by bey0nce

ThirdWardBey

The Mrs. Carter Show grossed $229.7 million according to all official sources. :cm:

49 minutes ago, TurntUp said:

Is Adeles tour gonna end up top 10??

She is at 167m now, she can end up with 275m+.

Edited by Noahdcruz

every thread i enter into and its always gaga vs some pop girl.. god why cant yall take her off ur mind is beyond me. Isnt she supposed to be over?

1 hour ago, swissman said:

Slay Formation Tour with UNDER 50 SHOWS.

Out of this world!! Her power is unreal! :fan::cm:

1 hour ago, avi said:

every thread i enter into and its always gaga vs some pop girl.. god why cant yall take her off ur mind is beyond me. Isnt she supposed to be over?

maybe little joannitas should know their place before? :cm:

6 hours ago, TurntUp said:

Is Adeles tour gonna end up top 10??

Lol it'll end up #3 possibly #2

1 hour ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

where is bionic world tour??

tumblr_m1ctddetRK1qjtv36o1_250.gif

Higher than #1, #zero

On Monday, April 03, 2017 at 0:24 AM, pieuxvu said:

Are you sure that Jay Z helped?

Formation tour ( solo tour) did better than On the Run tour ( joint tour)

DEAD @ Jay Z help.  Not when Bey gave Jay's his first 100M+ grossing tour. Something he's never achieved solo or any of his previous joint tours. The success of the Formation tour deadened that silly logic.

22 minutes ago, pieuxvu said:

Higher than #1, #zero

:cm:

On Sunday, April 02, 2017 at 2:59 PM, ThirdWardBey said:

Except Beyoncé's touring demand never went down, it has only increased with each tour. Also, if you subtract the On The Run Tour, Beyoncé has still outgrossed Gaga with less dates.

The amount of years Beyoncé has been touring is irrelevant when Gaga has played more shows than her in less time and still managed to gross less. How are you not understanding that? :dies:

Also, 2014-2017 is a 3 year break for Gaga, so using your logic, she should easily outgross The Formation World Tour with the same amount of dates, correct? Let's see how that goes. :fan:

I live for your breakdowns :fan:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.