UPDATE: Highest grossing female tours of all time

filmman

Where's the I Am... tour? It's Beyonce's best one.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LoveLiveMusic

• Cockney Cupcake

• Mediabase

• blackbeatxx

Some girls can't even get on the list once, yet my fave is taking up two spots. Selfish Queen :'(

Madonna SLAYING. 

14 hours ago, Donald J. Trump said:

Probably not even top 30 or barely in there :deadbanana:

22 hours ago, Donald J. Trump said:

It grossed $120 million

Shame Adele is coming. Confessions Tour about to be out of the top 10. 

Still...more than 10 years there. Not bad! 

And i was just thinking how S&S will remain #1 for at least a few more years. 10 years as the #1 female tour of all time is a long time!

• 4 weeks later...

lol when Adele´s 2017 leg is over, she´ll enter this list at #3, possibly even #2

• 4 weeks later...

Adele coming to push everyone dowN:gaycat1:

If the 150$ per tic average in Aus is true, Adele is def aiming at #2!!

On 1/26/2017 at 0:59 PM, AlphaOmega said:

I REALLY need to see a Madonna tour. The vids i've seen are just other level.

I highly recommend The Confessions Tour

Why isn't the list expanded to at least 20? There are tons of huge tours by women that should be represented.

The fact that Adele will throw The Confessions Tour of the list doesn't make me too mad tbh. But it's a shame that Madonna won't have 3 entries in there :!ohno:

3 hours ago, genderfluid said:

Why isn't the list expanded to at least 20? There are tons of huge tours by women that should be represented.

I don't mind expanding it to 20, might do it later this evening if I can find the accurate top 20 and the same averages used in the OP

Beyonce barely toured those 10 years before she performed at the Superbowl and considering how great she is and how big she currently is of course she'll have those 2 big tours (both happened after Superbowl). 

Meanwhile Gaga is coming from 550M tour gross all of which happened in the span of 6 YEARS.   I am going to repeat it so that y'all can let it SINK IN. 

550M tour gross in 5-6 years (from November 2009 to 2014-15)  

Of course she isn't going to have that crazy demand, considering she's been touring non stop since 2009 and it's only 2017 now :rip:  And the fact she is still selling out stadiums 

I don't get why Hive are trying to come for Gaga when after the Joanne tour she'll be having an overall gross nearly as much as Beyonce's overall gross.  Gaga's will be for half the time that it took Beyonce tho. 

So again if someone can explain to me .... ?  Why is Gaga's touring power so "shade worthy"  ? :toofunny2:  

Edited by Mariano

20 hours ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

I highly recommend The Confessions Tour

I'll check it out

On 1/4/2017 at 11:37 AM, blackbeatxx said:

If the 150$ per tic average in Aus is true, Adele is def aiming at #2!!

I did some research:

ysA6pCD.jpg

ADELE 2017 TOUR TICKET PRICES

Adelaide: A Reserve - $309.15, B Reserve - $207.20, C Reserve - $156.20, D Reserve - $105.30 

Brisbane: A Reserve - $309.85, B Reserve - $207.90, C Reserve - $156.93, D Reserve - $105.95

Melbourne: A Reserve - $305.64, B Reserve - $203.69, C Reserve - $152.72, D Reserve - $101.74

Perth: A Reserve - $308.77, B Reserve - $206.82, C Reserve - $155.84, D Reserve - $104.87

Sydney: A Reserve - $307.85, B Reserve - $205.90, C Reserve - $154.90, D Reserve - $103.95

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3936698/Adele-releases-ticket-prices-long-awaited-Australian-tour-confirming-five-stadium-concerts-2017.html

The spread looks like 1:1.25:1:0.75 => (25*308+31*206+25*155+19*104)/100 = 199 AUD average or 152 USD.

650k tickets point to 99 million USD without the golden circle, VIP packages, putting first 10 rows or entire sections as Ticketmaster Platinum tickets by asking 100, 200 dollar more and other forms of scalping done by the artist.

I miss Gaga having two spots in there but she still has impressive stats for touring :clap3:

Contenders for the Top 20 that I know of:

The Truth About Love Tour (Pink) [$184.0M]

The Born This Way Ball (Lady Gaga) [$183.9M]

The Rebel Heart Tour (Madonna) [$169.8M]

Adele Live (Adele) [$167.7M]**

The Red Tour (Taylor Swift) [$150.2M]

The Funhouse Tour (Pink) [$148.3M]

The Diamonds World Tour (Rihanna) [$141.9M]

Tina! 50th Anniversary Tour (Tina Turner) [$132M]

The Circus Tour (Britney Spears) [$131.1M]

Wildest Dreams Tour (Tina Turner) [$130M]

The Re-invention Tour (Madonna) [$125M]

Speak Now World Tour (Taylor Swift) [$123.6M]

Twenty Four Seven Tour (Tina Turner) [$122.5M]

Streisand (Barbra) [$119.5M]

I Am... World Tour (Beyonce) [$119.5M]

Do You Believe? (Cher) [?]

Up! Tour (Shania Twain) [?]

**still ongoing

On 4/1/2017 at 9:12 AM, Mariano said:

Beyonce barely toured those 10 years before she performed at the Superbowl and considering how great she is and how big she currently is of course she'll have those 2 big tours (both happened after Superbowl). 

Meanwhile Gaga is coming from 550M tour gross all of which happened in the span of 6 YEARS.   I am going to repeat it so that y'all can let it SINK IN. 

Of course she isn't going to have that crazy demand, considering she's been touring non stop since 2009 and it's only 2017 now :rip:  And the fact she is still selling out stadiums 

I don't get why Hive are trying to come for Gaga when after the Joanne tour she'll be having an overall gross nearly as much as Beyonce's overall gross.  Gaga's will be for half the time that it took Beyonce tho. 

So again if someone can explain to me .... ?  Why is Gaga's touring power so "shade worthy"  ? :toofunny2:  

Que? She had 3 and a half tours pre-Superbowl (every album), all ranging from 35-108 dates. I'm not even counting DC's last tour, which had 67 dates. Only era she didn't tour was 4 but she was still on a stage in some capacity. 

"barely toured" would be Mariah in the 90s lol. 

ThirdWardBey
On 4/1/2017 at 10:12 AM, Mariano said:

Gaga went on 6 tours from 2009-2014 with 499 dates and ~ $509.9 million in tour gross

Beyoncé went on 7 tours from 2003-2016 with 450 dates and ~ 826.2 million in tour gross

That is a $316.2 million difference in tour gross, no where near Beyoncé's overall gross. The Joanne World Tour would need to be Gaga's most successful tour of her career in order for her to actually become close to Beyoncé's overall number and even if that were to happen (which I doubt considering Gaga's last tour grossed $83M), Gaga would have still failed to outgross Beyoncé with more dates than Beyoncé. 

Edited by ThirdWardBey

10 minutes ago, ThirdWardBey said:

Gaga went on 6 tours from 2009-2014 with 499 dates and ~ $509.9 million in tour gross

Beyoncé went on 7 tours from 2003-2016 with 450 dates and ~ 826.2 million in tour gross

That is a $316.2 million difference in tour gross, no where near Beyoncé's overall gross. The Joanne World Tour would need to be Gaga's most successful tour of her career in order for her to actually become close to Beyoncé's overall number and even if that were to happen (which I doubt considering Gaga's last tour grossed $83M), Gaga would have still failed to outgross Beyoncé with more dates than Beyoncé. 

Exactly.  Beyonce did only 7 tours with 6 years on top of Gaga hence why Gaga's touring demand went down in the past few years and will go UP again after she takes a bigger break, like Beyonce did. 

What didn't u understand exactly ?  Gaga grossing 500M in her first 5 years in the industry >>>>>>>> Beyonce grossing 300m more with Jay Z's help, 2 SUPERBOWLs and more than 10 years time. 

Also stop talking about dates.  If Gaga took a 4 year break from touring like Beyonce, she would also do less dates with bigger average that doesn't mean anything lol.  

Edited by Mariano

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.