HDD: Aretha vying for #1?

QueenofCopyPaste

Of course not, click bait as per usual.

HDD is unprofessional, they just want to hype up this week's charts and make Barbz doubt about Nicki's debut. Desperate for attention. :doc: 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Njshawty

• Green

• slw84

• Roberto

Top Posters In This Topic

HDD are just hyping up for attention.

Now the real kii would be if Respect could vy for toppling In my feelings

This week probably not. Maybe next week if the sales/streams keep for at least 3 more days.

9 minutes ago, Cap10Planet said:

Wouldn't it be too late or is she really doing that well sales and streaming wise?:celestial5:

I'm sure she won't block Nicki or Travis with only one day of sales/streaming.

5 minutes ago, umich said:

Don’t think so. She has so many albums so her sales are gonna get split amongst most of them. I think she will get #2, if anything, with the 30GH compilation.

and this is obviously for next week, y’all. Nicki and Travis will be in the top two this week.

this

6 minutes ago, Almighty Gaga said:

She ain't doing 150k+ in 12 hours. Did even MJ and Whitney do that much in 12 hours?

Prince did

The Very Best of Prince earned 179,000 equivalent album units in the week ending April 21 (up 10,872 percent compared to the previous week). Of that sum, 100,000 were in traditional album sales (up 11,232 percent). As for Purple Rain, it shifted 69,000 units (63,000 in pure album sales; up 3,101 percent).

Prince died on April 21, the final day of the latest tracking week for the new chart, meaning that fans rushed to purchase his music in the roughly half-day left in the tracking week (after the news broke around 10 a.m. PT), enough to send him to Nos. 1 and 2. We will see continued impact from the icon’s passing on the following week’s chart, dated May 14 (reflecting activity in the week ending April 28).

She could do it, I will be streaming, the queen deserves it

7 minutes ago, Almighty Gaga said:

She ain't doing 150k+ in 12 hours. Did even MJ and Whitney do that much in 12 hours?

Spotify and AM had a front page playlists that were rapidly growing in followers as did YouTube videos so streaming might not be as tragic as one would expect for an older legend. Plus the pure sales are outrageous. Its a stretch of course but no one expected Tom Petty sucker punching Demitria and Miley like that either 

37 minutes ago, Divine said:

Streaming wouldn't even count for the GH albums, would it?

It would count for the Greatest Hits album that sells the most

For example when Dolores O'Riordan (from The Cranberries) died the only Cranberries album that charted on the Billboard 200 was their Greatest Hits collection Stars: The Best Of 1992-2002 because they counted all the streams for that album since it was the album that it was selling the most.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200/2018-01-27

Aw she's never had a #1 album before, so I hope she gets it

Not sure for what week is HDD saying this tho..?

If the chart outcome was

1. Aretha

2. Travis

3. Nicki

That would be an amazing kii :fan: 

Also they didn't especify the week so maybe they are talking about next week?

Aretha will get a VMA tribute that could help to keep the sales for at least another day.

27 minutes ago, Boys said:

The way the title of this thread is one

letter change away from being a complete mess

Omg :rip:

11 minutes ago, Green said:

It would count for the Greatest Hits album that sells the most

For example when Dolores O'Riordan (from The Cranberries) died the only Cranberries album that charted on the Billboard 200 was their Greatest Hits collection Stars: The Best Of 1992-2002 because they counted all the streams for that album since it was the album that it was selling the most.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200/2018-01-27

and it's a 30 track album :rip: that's alot of TEA and SEA to claim. The queen has got this, and she deserves it

I think Prince didn't have streaming when he got the #1 album 2 years ago right?  Because he didn't have any songs charting on the "Streaming Songs" Billboard chart. So he did it with pure sales and TEA

Aretha will have pure sales, TEA and SEA but pure sales were bigger 2 years ago

Isn't today the last day for sales tracking?

So that's 1 day of sales

when does the streaming tracking end?

30 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Isn't today the last day for sales tracking?

So that's 1 day of sales

when does the streaming tracking end?

Today

Just now, Green said:

Today

so 1 day isn't going to be enough for a #1 this week and sales will be split next week

I'm thinking top 5 debut this week and top 2 next week.

i'm pretty positive it's for the next tracking week not Nicki's messy week

I think she will block Ariana, and not Nicki or Travis and I would be ok with that. 

But did I lie!!!! I said this hours ago. Oh wait y’all needed to hear it from her ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.