HDD Final: 5SoS #1 (139K), Carters #2 (124K)

PopNStuff

Just now, Headlock said:

That is not what we're talking about jfc :deadbanana2:

It’s been like this throughout this entire thread! 

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• Grumpy Gills

• EloiseheartsRiRi

• trainsskyscrapers

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

Which is not what we're talking about omfg. HDD have NEVER revoked their predictions completely and replaced it with TBA.

There's nothing surprising about a TBA( to be announced) situation. It just means they are still collecting data. Not y'all forgetting there's still a tracking week, any thing can happen. But go off with your one day prediction I guess.

Just now, Tinashebanks said:

Yes you do, it literally happens all the time. Artists like playboi Carti literally got 100k+ SEA with atleast 1/2 of that being from RapCaviar & other urban playlists alone.

JuiceWorld is another example of an artists that is only doing 40k+ cause of those playlists. 

Source? How do you know how many streams are coming from playlists and how many aren't? How do you know if those playlists are official Spotify playlists or personal? Are they songs that have been out a minuTe that are already doing well, or are they brand new like every song on EIL?

You can't talk big talk like this and not have receipts.

the TBA is very shady

It's like saying "Hey we still don't know what Jay-Z is going to report" :skull: 

6 minutes ago, Jlinz said:

They based the predictions off of ONE DAY OF SALES!

How in the hell does that explain the fact that they have absolutely no estimates to provide now that the album has been on iTunes, Spotify & Apple Music for 3 days and that there’s only 1 day left in the tracking week ? :deadbanana2: 

ST’s numbers were constantly being updated because its sales were constantly jumping throughout the week, it was the first time an artist of Bey’s caliber surprise dropped an album. It’s not like Everything Is Love is demolishing iTunes as we speak. But even if it was, why wouldn’t they be able to update the sales of this album everyday too, like they did with ST ? Why did they stop updating their numbers and they suddenly became “TBA” ?

HDD clearly said: “The wild card in that contest is what Tidal will report.”

TBA : To be announced 

Sales data are still coming. Prediction gets revised. What's so complicated about that?!? Whew Chile! The dramatics!

1 minute ago, Jlinz said:

It’s been like this throughout this entire thread! 

Just now, JustActinUP said:

There's nothing surprising about a TBA( to be announced) situation. It just means they are still collecting data. Not y'all forgetting there's still a tracking week, any thing can happen. But go off with your one day prediction I guess.

For the FINAL time, we are not talking about one day predictions, HDD does that every single time, every single week jfc. We are not talking about HDD revising their predictions and the prediction numbers going up or down after more data is in.

We are talking about HDD publishing a prediction, and not revising it, but REVOKING it, and replacing it with a TBA, but leaving every other prediction in place. That has NEVER happened before.

I kinda want XXX to go #1 to continue the meltdowns here lmao.

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Source? How do you know how many streams are coming from playlists and how many aren't? How do you know if those playlists are official Spotify playlists or personal? Are they songs that have been out a minuTe that are already doing well, or are they brand new like every song on EIL?

You can't talk big talk like this and not have receipts.

There was an article recently & HDD literally said EIL numbers are low due to not being playlisted.

https://guce.yahoo.com/consent?brandType=nonEu&gcrumb=Mjk6bGg&done=https%3A%2F%2Ffinance.yahoo.com%2Fnews%2Fclear-evidence-spotify-can-make-break-artist-155524325.html

Yall love being obtuse & acting like y'all wasn't just asking why Juice WRLD was charting so high, despite being an unknown artist. :dies:

Just now, Headlock said:

For the FINAL time, we are not talking about one day predictions, HDD does that every single time, every single week jfc. We are not talking about HDD revising their predictions and the prediction numbers going up or down after more data is in.

We are talking about HDD publishing a prediction, and not revising it, but REVOKING it, and replacing it with a TBA, but leaving every other prediction in place. That has NEVER happened before.

Stop quoting me now because I’m not taking about the updated TBA.

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

The way they are pretending to not understand this is :rip: 

11 minutes ago, Tinashebanks said:

There was an article recently & HDD literally said EIL numbers are low due to not being playlisted.

https://guce.yahoo.com/consent?brandType=nonEu&gcrumb=Mjk6bGg&done=https%3A%2F%2Ffinance.yahoo.com%2Fnews%2Fclear-evidence-spotify-can-make-break-artist-155524325.html

Yall love being obtuse & acting like y'all wasn't just asking why Juice WRLD was charting so high, despite being an unknown artist. :dies:

Not only did this not answer ANY of my questions to you, but would you please point me to when I said EIL not being playlisted didn't affect it? Oh right, I didn't, in fact, if you search my posts I said THE EXACT SAME THING. What I said to you was that expecting the SEA to go up by 40-50k just from being playlisted is a very bold prediction to make because of how many streams that actually equates to.

Stop moving the goalposts to fit your narrative, it's obvious, tired, and boring.

Edited by Headlock

4 minutes ago, Jlinz said:

Stop quoting me now because I’m not taking about the updated TBA.

Then what the hell are you talking about :deadbanana2:

8 minutes ago, Headlock said:

like it shouldn't be that hard to understand

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Gills said:

The way they are pretending to not understand this is :rip: 

I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall :deadbanana4:

35 minutes ago, Mariano said:

:rip: Sure sis sure.  I guess she just didn't want 1M first week with this album.

If someone cared about getting 1M in a week, why would they make the album available to purchase on a Monday, cutting off three full days of the sale week? Her last three releases have had 3-4 days of reported sales to debut on the charts...

47 minutes ago, Tinashebanks said:

Beyonce could very easily do 1 mil first week if she wanted to. Let's not be delusional now & ignore the fact lemonade wasn't on streaming services.

The HBO Film can be recreated again & formation being performed at the Super Bowl and virtually no effect since it was only streamable on tidal. 

Beyonce is no Gaga/Katy/Britney. Her coachella performance should've been taught y'all. 

With these numbers, she clearly isn’t on their level.

3 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Please point me to when I said EIL not being playlisted didn't affect it? Or right, I didn't, in fact, if you search my posts I said THE EXACT SAME THING. What I said to you was that expecting the SEA to go up by 40-50k just from being playlisted is a very bold prediction to make because of how many streams that actually equates to.

Stop moving the goalposts to fit your narrative, it's obvious, tired and boring.

If you don't think Beyonce/Jay Z wouldn't be occupying 5-6 playlists spots on both TTH's/Rap Caviar you're simply delusional. 

Not to mention it'd be actively promoted with push notifications like all other standard big releases. 

What's tired is y'all acting like their isn't precedent of artists doing huge numbers based off those playlists. 

9 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Then what the hell are you talking about :deadbanana2:

Exactly you’re quoting me and don’t know what the hell I was I was talking about from the beginning. Im done quoting 

Edited by Jlinz

This is what she gets tbh. People are tired of the gimmicks. She's constantly shoved in our faces like she's some God. She's severely overexposed. That's the problem. Plus she hasn't had any real hits since the Sasha fierce era. Can't even think of her last real hit. She tried desperately to hop on any song that she thought would secure her a number one and it all just backfired. I've heard so many people talk about how she payed Ed to be featured on his song. Then she's pushing 40 so there's that. Beyonces over. No one is safe in the music industry. 

Edited by NEZ

50 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

so, xtina is missing a top 5 debut now :jonny5:

Everyone has completely forgot that Xtina even released. 

Just now, Tinashebanks said:

If you don't think Beyonce/Jay Z wouldn't be occupying 5-6 playlists spots on both TTH's/Rap Caviar you're simply delusional. 

Not to mention it'd be actively promoted with push notifications like all other standard big releases. 

What's tired is y'all acting like their isn't precedent of artists doing huge numbers based off those playlists. 

Once. again. WHERE did I say this wasn't the case? WHERE did I say if they were playlisted that they wouldn't be heavily featured on major Spotify playlists? WHERE did I say this wouldn't help their streams?

What I said was expecting their streams to increase 60-75M just being being playlisted ALONE is an incredibly bold claim to make, ESPECIALLY because their album is premium only. When I asked you for evidence of this being possible/there being a precedent with past releases with official Spotify playlists pulling these numbers alone, not streams in general, you both did not answer my question and instead directed me to an article about EIL not being playlisted, which was never my argument, and in fact was an argument I had made previously MYSELF.

Stop trying to brand me as a mindless OBH so you can write off my legitimate arguments as stan bull**** and not actually engage. It's SO ****ing tired.

12 minutes ago, Headlock said:

I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall :deadbanana4:

That one person that is STILL pretending like the conversation is about HDD changing numbers instead of them recalling it all together and like we're all stupid for reacting this way is :rip: 

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Once. again. WHERE did I say this wasn't the case? WHERE did I say if they were playlisted that they wouldn't be heavily featured on major Spotify playlists? WHERE did I say this wouldn't help their streams?

What I said was expecting their streams to increase 60-75M just being being playlisted ALONE is an incredibly bold claim to make, ESPECIALLY because their album is premium only. When I asked you for evidence of this being possible/there being a precedent with past releases with official Spotify playlists pulling these numbers alone, not streams in general, you both did not answer my question and instead directed me to an article about EIL not being playlisted, which was never my argument, and in fact was an argument I had made previously MYSELF.

Stop trying to brand me as a mindless OBH so you can write off my legitimate arguments as stan bull**** and not actually engage. It's SO ****ing tired.

EIL is only doing 10-15 million streams. Saying it'll do 60 million streams, when Kids See Ghosts is doing 45+ million streams with 7 tracks & less hype, is very reasonable.

8 minutes ago, Jlinz said:

Exactly you’re quoting me and don’t know what the hell I was I was talking about from the beginning. Im done quoting 

Girl sit down. This is your first post on this topic in this thread:

55 minutes ago, Jlinz said:

What the hell is messy? Elaborate please the updated numbers haven’t come in yet! You think they really are going to sell 125k? and you know that projections change all the damn time what is the big deal now?? Can’t with this site y’all are Beyond  insufferable.

NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT THIS.

You don't have an argument. I explained to you exactly why people are regarding the TBA as shady, which is why you responded in the first place because you thought we were talking about revising predictions, which we're NOT, and you then claim I don't know what I'm talking about and check out early because you know you have no argument.

What is wrong with some of the people in this thread :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.