HDD Final: 5SoS #1 (139K), Carters #2 (124K)

PopNStuff

2 minutes ago, ThirdWardBey said:

She’s obviously getting the #1. For all people to be talking about numbers, you certainly aren’t the one with that girl in your avi. :dies:

Pure sales are still lower than a boy band who took a break for 4 years. And that’ll stay in the books of history FOREVER. the Carter’s selling less than some randoms

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• Grumpy Gills

• EloiseheartsRiRi

• trainsskyscrapers

ThirdWardBey
1 minute ago, Blue Momo! said:

Pure sales are still lower than a boy band who took a break for 4 years. And that’ll stay in the books of history FOREVER. the Carter’s selling less than some randoms

When in reality, those pure sales are from 24 hours of being on sale :rip:

3 minutes ago, ThirdWardBey said:

24 hours? Why?

5 minutes ago, Blue Momo! said:

Nobody but the fans will be inspecting the numbers so closely :rip: to everybody else what is gonna matter is the position. If it's a #1 debut they are good.

6 minutes ago, TipToe said:

Nobody but the fans will be inspecting the numbers so closely :rip: to everybody else what is gonna matter is the position. If it's a #1 debut they are good.

uhmm just like with Born This Way. This album will have the infamous * attached to its name. trust

Just now, Blue Momo! said:

uhmm just like with Born This Way. This album will have the infamous * attached to its name. trust

Nobody ****ing cares!

1 hour ago, Tinashebanks said:

Since you're being obtuse I'll break it down for you.

1) The lack of any playlisting most definitely had an effect. HDD already admitted this & I have provided you with an article that proved their significance aswell as artists that have charted off these playlists alone. There's precedence. 

2) Your Lost streams logic doesn't even make sense. I merely compared the situation with other similar releases. 

3) I literally provided you with EIL current predicted numbers & Kanye's full week numbers for KSG's. 

4) EIL would have to be on the free platform to be on playlists. So you bring that up is kinda illogical & your own fault for assuming things. 

Even in the case where it'd only be available select Playlists for non-premium Spotify, the streams from premium & playlists would be enough. Free users would flock to playlists to stream. 

No I'm acting like you jumped the gun, came into a discussion without doing simple due diligence of why I made these points.

End of the day my point was HDD retracted their estimates partly because of Spotify (whether it be playlisting or the free teir issue). 

Good day. 

I- You have GOT to be trolling oh my ****ing GOD :deadbanana4:

1) I don’t know how I can make myself anymore clear, I NEVER SAID NO PLAYLISTING DIDN’T HAVE AN EFFECT. And to top it all off, I SAID THE EXACT SAME THING EARLIER IN THIS THREAD. Here is just one example:

On 6/19/2018 at 3:37 PM, Headlock said:

Not a full day of streams, premium only, not advertised on new releases, not playlisted. Bad comparison.

2) That’s literally what you were talking about, lost streams means the potential streams it could have had by being playlisted.

3) And once again those numbers don’t mean anything because you did not break down how many of those streams came from playlists, which is your whole argument.

4) That literally reinforces my point then that being premium only is a major factor in this scenario, so thanks for confirming.

5) Jumping the gun? Sit down. Let’s recap, here is your first comment on this matter:

3 hours ago, Tinashebanks said:

It's because of Spotify aswell, if they add songs to their playlists that's easily another 40-50k. If it was tidal alone they wouldn't bother just like they have in the past. 

And here is my original reply to you:

3 hours ago, Headlock said:

What? 40-50k is 60-75M streams, and US only streams at that. You don't get that from just being added to some playlists.

And here is your reply back:

3 hours ago, Tinashebanks said:

Yes you do, it literally happens all the time. Artists like playboi Carti literally got 100k+ SEA with atleast 1/2 of that being from RapCaviar & other urban playlists alone.

JuiceWorld is another example of an artists that is only doing 40k+ cause of those playlists. 

I then asked you for sources to your claim that this happens all the time, and you provided me with nothing but an article talking about EIL’s lack of playlisting, which I was neither talking about or refuting because I AGREE with it. Furthermore, you STILL haven’t provided me with evidence that backs up your initial assertion.

I was never talking about EIL’s overall streaming numbers, I was never talking about Spotify vs Tidal, I was never talking about why HDD revoked their numbers. I l i t e r a l l y was responding to the number you randomly gave, and telling you that expecting that number just from being playlisted alone is a bold prediction, ESPECIALLY in this scenario when there are so many other factors, all of which I have repeatedly listed to you as naseum, and all of which you have ignored. You have repeatedly moved the goalposts, written me off as a mindless stan, and all the while ignoring everything I have been saying.

Edited by Headlock

41 minutes ago, Drais. said:

I'm screaming at this lashing    

Where?

37 minutes ago, ThirdWardBey said:

No they aren’t, they’re a projection based on one day of sales. That is not the same thing.

1 hour ago, Tinashebanks said:

Since you're being obtuse I'll break it down for you.

1) The lack of any playlisting most definitely had an effect. HDD already admitted this & I have provided you with an article that proved their significance aswell as artists that have charted off these playlists alone. There's precedence. 

2) Your Lost streams logic doesn't even make sense. I merely compared the situation with other similar releases. 

3) I literally provided you with EIL current predicted numbers & Kanye's full week numbers for KSG's. 

4) EIL would have to be on the free platform to be on playlists. So you bring that up is kinda illogical & your own fault for assuming things. 

Even in the case where it'd only be available select Playlists for non-premium Spotify, the streams from premium & playlists would be enough. Free users would flock to playlists to stream. 

No I'm acting like you jumped the gun, came into a discussion without doing simple due diligence of why I made these points.

End of the day my point was HDD retracted their estimates partly because of Spotify (whether it be playlisting or the free teir issue). 

Good day. 

Lmao. Haven’t seen someone get checked like this in a while. 

Waiting for the results, I have never been so perched in my life!

59 minutes ago, Headlock said:

1) I don’t know how I can make myself anymore clear, I NEVER SAID NO PLAYLISTING DIDN’T HAVE AN EFFECT. And to top it all off, I SAID THE EXACT SAME THING EARLIER IN THIS THREAD. Here is just one example:

2) That’s literally what you were talking about, lost streams means the potential streams it could have had by being playlisted.

3) And once again those numbers don’t mean anything because you did not break down how many of those streams came from playlists, which is your whole argument.

4) That literally reinforces my point then that being premium only is a major factor in this scenario, so thanks for confirming.

5) Jumping the gun? Sit down. Let’s recap, here is your first comment on this matter:

I then asked you for sources to your claim that this happens all the time, and you provided me with nothing but an article talking about EIL’s lack of playlisting, which I was neither talking about or refuting because I AGREE with it. Furthermore, you STILL haven’t provided me with evidence that backs up your initial assertion.

I was never talking about EIL’s overall streaming numbers, I was never talking about Spotify vs Tidal, I was never talking about why HDD revoked their numbers. I l i t e r a l l y was responding to the number you randomly gave, and telling you that expecting that number just from being playlisted alone is a bold prediction, ESPECIALLY in this scenario when there are so many other factors, all of which I have repeatedly listed to you as naseum, and all of which you have ignored. You have repeatedly moved the goalposts, written me off as a mindless stan, and all the while ignoring everything I have been saying.

nnnn the constant back and forth :ahh: 

Clock ha sis! 

1 hour ago, Headlock said:

I literally gave you Juice WRLD as an example of an unknown act solely relying on RapCaviar/TTH's doing 30 million US streams a week..... Your argument is literally redundant now as you keep attempting to go round in circles as if I didn't CLEARLY say there's precedent & examples. 

I simply don't have the time  to explain basic concepts like NMF/Rap Caviar etc being a discovery tools leading to residual streams the go ahead. 

I'll say this one last time, you clearly had no clue what I was talking about but decided to but in. 

Also if you were paying attention you'd have seen I bought up Spotify push notifications/ promotion spaces not being utilised for EIL. 

Have a nice life. 

Edited by Tinashebanks

1 minute ago, Tinashebanks said:

I literally gave you Juice WRLD as an example of an unknown act solely relying on RapCaviar/TTH's doing 30 million US streams a week..... Your argument is literally redundant now as you keep attempting to go round in circles as if I didn't CLEARLY say there's precedent & examples. 

I'll say this one last time, you clearly had no clue what I was talking about but decided to but in. The only person moving goal posts is you, as I never set any with you. 

Also if you were paying attention you'd have seen I bought up Spotify push notifications/ promotion spaces not being utilised for EIL. 

Have a nice life. 

A) Once. Again. SOURCE? These were on his debut week?

B) He has a hit song, it is not the same thing at all as releasing a whole new body of work like EIL. His streams increased each week because of Lucid Dreams getting bigger. You also continue to offer KSG's debut week as an example, and continue to not be able to break down how many of its streams came from playlists.

C) You KEEP ignoring every other point I have brought up about the factors involved in EIL's release.

You keep searching for a mic drop, it ain't happening sis.

23 minutes ago, OnMyCoolJ said:

Lmao. Haven’t seen someone get checked like this in a while. 

Where?

15 minutes ago, franklin said:

nnnn the constant back and forth :ahh: 

Clock ha sis! 

I honestly feel like I'm being trolled, I have had to literally repeat myself every single post.

Edited by Headlock

1 hour ago, Blue Momo! said:

They have a tour bundle. It'd be different if Bey and Jay also had a tour bundle

So if Eminems 197k pure sales even after cutting of all his Trump fans was a flop, what is this then?

19 minutes ago, Headlock said:

A) Once. Again. SOURCE? These were on his debut week?

B) He has a hit song, it is not the same thing at all as releasing a whole new body of work like EIL. His streams increased each week because of Lucid Dreams getting bigger. You also continue to offer KSG's debut week as an example, and continue to not be able to break down how many of its streams came from playlists.

C) You KEEP ignoring every other point I have brought up about the factors involved in EIL's release.

You keep searching for a mic drop, it ain't happening sis.

You can look for yourself, you have google. At the end of the day he's a new act with virtually no AirPlay & did 7 mil streams the week before his album release. Climbing from 144 to 9 as a result of playlisting & positioning. And it didn't become a hit until weeks after (only charting at low 70's) 

http://kworb.net/spotify/track/0X8DcetL926BYiPJYstJTc.html

I literally only used KSG as an example to show the differiantion between the two albums streams as a result of playlisting/push notification.

If you wanna bring premium issue, you can but I literally never touched on that subject cause everybody know playlisting = some form of being on the free platform. But that was already factored in to my argument & HDD's reasoning for removal of their prediction. 

There's no need to have a micdrop moment cause you never had an argument to stand on in the first place.

Anyways I won't be replying back so feel free to waste your time like I just have. 

:cm:

LeToya Luckett's debut solo album sold 165k first week. Letoya Luckett won....

46 minutes ago, Tinashebanks said:

You can look for yourself, you have google. At the end of the day he's a new act with virtually no AirPlay & did 7 mil streams the week before his album release. Climbing from 144 to 9 as a result of playlisting & positioning. And it didn't become a hit until weeks after (only charting at low 70's) 

http://kworb.net/spotify/track/0X8DcetL926BYiPJYstJTc.html

I literally only used KSG as an example to show the differiantion between the two albums streams as a result of playlisting/push notification.

If you wanna bring premium issue, you can but I literally never touched on that subject cause everybody know playlisting = some form of being on the free platform. But that was already factored in to my argument & HDD's reasoning for removal of their prediction. 

There's no need to have a micdrop moment cause you never had an argument to stand on in the first place.

Anyways I won't be replying back so feel free to waste your time like I just have. 

:cm:

What is WRONG with you omg :deadbanana4:

You once again have literally provided me with no source that he recieved all of those streams from playlisting, which has been my point the ENTIRE TIME. You are just saying that he did, that is not a source or proof. And you have also provided me with no breakdown of KSG's streams either. Furthermore, none of this is even analogous to EIL because you are talking about ONE song versus an entire album, a song that had been gaining traction outside of Spotify for almost a YEAR on Soundcloud before his album was even released, on a Friday, with a known release date, advertised on the new releases section, on the ad-supported version. Also stating he's a new act doesn't mean anything, new acts get hits randomly all the time.

And where does it say that playlisting requires being on the free platform? Isn't EIL only the second tiered release on Spotify ever? What precedent are you making that statement under?

You are the one that apparently has absolutely NO argument because you have continually failed to provide me with proof of your claims. You said EIL could have had an additional 60-75M streams just by being on playlists alone, I said I doubt that, and you have not once provided me with actual evidence that that would happen. You keep making assertions without backing it up with ANY evidence.

Imagine a few weeks ago saying that 5SOS would be challenging Beyoncé for #1! P!nk really is the biggest female artist of all time now. CONFIRMED. 

Dangggg

I mean I don’t like how shady all of these seem and how the Tidal fiasco might be true but some will literally hate on Bey just to hate on her.

Grow the **** up and give a solid argument.

3 hours ago, TheGentlePlayer said:

So if Eminems 197k pure sales even after cutting of all his Trump fans was a flop, what is this then?

BOMB I guess.

What if they don't have number by tomorrow :beatfreak:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.