Hot 100: Drake debuts #1; three songs Top 5.

iHype.

QueenofCopyPaste
Just now, NoMythologies said:

I'm wondering if God's Plan could return to #1 for the current tracking week.

How so? radio?

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurrKaty

• slw84

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Azulito

1 minute ago, Meghallah Godnor said:

How so? radio?

Radio and YT.

Of course it's still super early and we don't have any YT #'s for this week yet. And NFW and GP are super close in points. But it wouldn't surprise me if GP returned to #1.

3 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

I doubt he will be stable enough for that

Is she even going top 20 anymore 

J. Cole may debut #1. Still pretty early, but he has a better chance than Ari

Edited by Mattyboy

• ATRL Moderator
29 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

With no radio or music video? Is on-demand streaming really that big of a factor on the Hot 100? 

3 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

And I’d rather a legacy with broad demographic and public support.  But I suppose to each their own. 

I was NOT ranking those artists. I was stating examples of artists who see considered household names. Drske is not. J cole is not,

That has nothing to do with the quality of their music. Their being all the listed srtists.

Drake isn't a household name? :ahh:

And yes, both Drake and Kendrick have very broad demographic and public support. Most of their bases consist of young HS/College aged white boys for starters. Ontop of that Drake has a massive fanbase of women. 

Edited by Planet Mars

50 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

Damn!! :jonny: 

33 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

You do realize that is ONE demographic.

a demographic is a group of people connected by s number of factors, like sex, age race income, locality, occupation.

theree are literally millions of demographic groups in the USA.

wonder, Ross, Prince, will be known to far more of those millions of demographic groups than drake or Lamar,

collective soul has much more chsrt succes than the grateful dead (hot 100j.  Which of those two acts is the household name?

Grateful dead aren't a household name, and they're fan demographics aren't broad at all so that point isn't valid. And I brought up women as well. 

Edited by Planet Mars

• ATRL Moderator

Ariana gained 7m streams second day. She’s coming 

44 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Ariana gained 7m streams second day. She’s coming 

I guess a huge update is coming for her. I'm still standing ans saying she will be number 1 on BB, and I'm like the only one who thinks that. Her sales are much higher than Both Drake's even combined and her streams are monsters also.

On 4/20/2018 at 1:53 AM, Kool_Aid_King said:

I know, but I meant updated ones. That's from Tuesday :doc: 

@simmnfierzig will post his updates later today. Kworb hasn't updated his sales numbers yet either, which slows simm down when he makes his predictions.

1 hour ago, Planet Mars said:

Grateful dead aren't a household name, and they're fan demographics aren't broad at all so that point isn't valid. And I brought up women as well. 

????? The Greatful Dead has packed concert halls for over 40 years, though they've had to work around Jerry Garcia's August 2015 death. Yes, the Grateful Dead only have one Top Ten song on BB's Hot 100, but their reputation is one that's well-known beyond the "counter culture."  Phish has kind of taken over where the Dead left off. Once again, Phish has not had much chart success either. But, packing out stadiums definitely show that they have a following beyond this a few, select group of fans. Then again, those who only listen to Pop music have little, if any, knowledge about Rock music.

1 hour ago, ChartsFan said:

The band has given birth to an entire generation of fans known as Deadheads who have purchased more than 20 million albums and spend millions of dollars each year snapping up a growing line of products from the Grateful Dead's mail-order catalogue. As his fans grew up to become lawyers and accountants, Garcia became such a household name that Ben & Jerry's even named an ice cream flavor, Cherry Garcia, after him.

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-08-10/business/fi-33588_1_grateful-dead

Thank you @ChartsFan!

Sorry but there's no way J Cole is going to debut at #1. Why would someone predict something like that? :skull:

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

With no radio or music video? Is on-demand streaming really that big of a factor on the Hot 100? 

Eventually, BB will get around to weighting the ODS more heavily than YouTube views. But, BB has yet to make the change. I find ODS to be a better measurement of a songs popularity than YT views, though I know others on here disagree with me.

1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

80m streams, no sales and no AirPlay is enough for number one most weeks.

no im not personally saying he will do thst.  I’m merely pointing out s path to number one thst a heavily streamed song could do,

So J. Cole can actually pull 11.4M streams each day just from one song?  :beatfreak:

The Grateful Dead are successful, yes. But most people couldn't name one member in the band or name a song. Their fanbase is also very homogeneous, let's be honest.

I'd say The Rolling Stones and The Beatles, bands in that vein are more so relevant to the average person irrespective of the genre the listen to.

OK if Kworb is right I don't think 69K will be enough for Ariana, even though her streams are very very good.

14 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

OK if Kworb is right I don't think 69K will be enough for Ariana, even though her streams are very very good.

Remember we still have sales from Ariana's website. 

Kworb seems surprisingly low, but regardless Drake still has the edge on AM, Spotify and radio, so let's see how today and the next few days goes I guess. 

2 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

The band has given birth to an entire generation of fans known as Deadheads who have purchased more than 20 million albums and spend millions of dollars each year snapping up a growing line of products from the Grateful Dead's mail-order catalogue. As his fans grew up to become lawyers and accountants, Garcia became such a household name that Ben & Jerry's even named an ice cream flavor, Cherry Garcia, after him.

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-08-10/business/fi-33588_1_grateful-dead

and YOLO was included in the dictionaries after Drake song. Your point?

1 hour ago, ChartsFan said:

Well of course those bands are.  And I previously mentioned the beatles as an example.

and Ross, Wonder and Prince are more known to the average person irregardless of their music tastes thsn Drake, Lamar, Post.

This isn't true, it is based heavily on the demographic we're talking about. To a 16 year old boy, Drake, Post Malone and Kendrick Lamar are super relevant. Do you think the average 16 year old boy can even name a Diana Ross song? And even if they can would they know it's her?

Diana Ross and Stevie Wonder (though I would say he's more so generally known and highly regarded) are artists of the 60's/70's. My little brother is 16, born in 2002, Diana Ross and Stevie Wonder, although he knows who they are aren't on he or his friends radar. Neither is Prince.

also Kendrick is already put his name in history as the first non-classical or jazz musician who won Pulitzer. It's one of the accolades people usually remember for a long time

Edited by Mr.Fenty

5 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

RODLMAO

That has been around since the 60s

Oxford Dictionary YOLO

Origin

1960s: acronym

Drop the Mic. Game over. 

...but it was added because of Drake, as the poster said.

8 hours ago, RastaMentality said:

Is she even going top 20 anymore 

??

I answered a question about J Cole

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.