Normani outdebuts every 5H member on Billboard Hot 100

cliche_display

3 minutes ago, Cabello7 said:

No sweetie, Love Lies didn't chart with those 2 days. It only charted the week starting on Friday so you're just proving my point. The song came out Feb 14th. It didn't manage to debut on last week's chart.

Cute!! But I never said it did. It was called a joke. (A Victoria Justice tea).

Keep it movin gurl!!!

giphy.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cliche_display

• Cabello7

• FAN

• Judas Bertha

17 minutes ago, RudeBoyy said:

Neither did Normani's last two singles, He Like That & Por Favor, as a member of Fifth Harmony. Also Young Dumb & Broke and is still gaining 450k+ streams a day and is 500k streams away from outdoing Work From Home, Normani's biggest single in total U.S. spotify streams. Location is also the #16 most streamed song ever on U.S. spotify. He has another song within 10 places of this one right now on spotify. 

I'm not saying Normani had no effect on the success of the song. But sales are dead and this isn't being played on the radio very much yet so it's debut is coming almost entirely from streams, something Khalid is a beast at and Normani has struggled with this year as a 5h member.

So PERHAPS it's a combination of both. I don't have a problem with crediting Khalid. He is a streaming force, but it's also true that her manager used that leverage to get them extremely good placements on Spotify playlists which is really driving that chart position. Plus, the excitement around her debut is a part of its performance. 

3 hours ago, cliche_display said:

I cant figure it out and I've been a fan for a while but it's like I've gotten used to it. Honestly though? I think it's because she's black. Uphill battle. Also, the 5H fandom is very dramatic and divided. 

Since "The Way" by Ariana Grande in 2013

43 minutes ago, Fitzswiftie said:

Yup. That debuted at 10. 

16 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

Was that her first song? 

I think so. Put Your Hearts Up never charted (but still sold Gold), and then The Way was released. 

1 hour ago, Fitzswiftie said:

5 hours ago, Popboi. said:

Only 1 spot lower than Down :skull: 

When you put it like this, this is suddenly less impressive. :rip: 

35 minutes ago, SupahBass05 said:

When you put it like this, this is suddenly less impressive. :rip: 

Same debut as Boss. Both boss and Down debuted in the 40s and then never rose. Using one song as reference is kind of eh though 

It it all depends on which direction the  song goes.

It's still a high debut for someone who isn't Drake or Taylor Swift

Edited by cliche_display

It’s almost as if the song features is 50% a male artist who is currently seeing a great deal of success in streaming and is really hot with the GP right now. Didn’t he just get like 5 Grammy nods as well? :flower:

I'm screaming at the Camilizers' pathetic attempts at discrediting Normani :rip: 

OT: Queen :clap3: 

7 hours ago, Isaiah said:

It’s almost as if the song features is 50% a male artist who is currently seeing a great deal of success in streaming and is really hot with the GP right now. Didn’t he just get like 5 Grammy nods as well? :flower:

Let's be honest. Every member of the group has tried to smash with a hot, new artists but experienced varying degrees of success. This seems to be one that can make it. Don't be bitter.

If it was that easy everyone would do it.

THEIR power.

Plus, let's talk about the fact that this hot, multi Grammy nominated singer who's heating up and just getting hits thought it would be a good idea to work with Normani for his next big project and her first solo song

Guess he was right :cm:

Edited by cliche_display

I dont see it for her but congrats on the high profile colab

16 hours ago, Judas Bertha said:

khalid is LITERALLY the sole reason behind that chart debut.

she isn't going to happen, LMFAO. 

So pressed. :ahh: 

16 minutes ago, Ryann said:

but will she outpeak them?

aAHau78.gif

I can answer 3/4ths of that question already. So far, yes. Her debut already outpeaks all of the other girls songs which never/barely made the charts.

C ft. Young Thug had a number one for one week. That'll be tough. So I doubt it.

Edited by cliche_display

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.