• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• Yog

• Isaiah

• slw84

20 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

The Billboard charts seem so ****ed up nowadays, it's not even worth following anymore.

Can somebody explain to me how Too Good at Goodbyes has been in the Top 10 for so long? This song was such a non-event, and the album kind of flopped, yet this song has been Top 10 for what seems like the last 5 months :rip:

The streaming numbers are weighted based on where they come from. Which streams did you have that were paid vs. non paid? Maybe you need to adjust your models to account for that. 

Edited by Adonis

Just now, infrared said:

i hope havana gets blocked for filth

I think the #1 is kinda guaranteed next week lol

another week in top 2 for queen camila.

now let's get that #1, stans of the new queen!

1 minute ago, infrared said:

Never heard this used in this way before but this comment has me SCREAMING.

1 minute ago, infrared said:

not happening

Perfect will probably reach 2 M in sales, but these days I don't know how much farther a song can go in than that. Both Mars 24k Magic (1.7-1.8 M) and That's What I Like (1.7 M) couldn't reach 2 M despite their superb sales longevity, so I doubt Fitness will reach 1.5 M.

Swift would've hit 2 M with the right opening song, but Look will probably stop at 1.2-1.3 M. However, I don't know how much she lost with CMA. Despacito looked strong enough late last summer to reach 3 M, but it's probably going to top out around 2.7 M, with Shape Of You possibly catching up but not surpassing 2.7 M. A Grammy boost could've got SOY to 2.75 M, but Ed wasn't nominated for anything of the top level categories.

Perfect will reach 1.6M next week so 2M seems very likely. Finesse won't be a big seller, it's too urban. It will probably struggle to reach 1M imo

Wow I thought Despacito was closer to 3M. CSTF! will remain unbothered then 

2 minutes ago, Fruity said:

I think the #1 is kinda guaranteed next week lol

I know. I guess she deserves it after all the failed promo singles, payola, etc. Never has a single been so rammed down our throats since Million Reasons :-*

Just now, Adonis said:

The streaming numbers are weighted based on where they come from. Which streams did you have that were paid very non paid? 

BB hasn't changed the streaming weights yet, though doing so at the start of the 2018 CY would've been the best time to do it. Right now, the only weight differences are with on demand (ODS & VS) and Pandora types of streaming.

Just now, Starkboy said:

not happening

Perfect will reach 1.6M next week so 2M seems very likely. Finesse won't be a big seller, it's too urban. It will probably struggle to reach 1M imo

The total sales nowadays are so strange.

I remember when I first started following BB in 2013 and the #1 songs were monster sellers for WEEKS.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Blurred Lines do 400k+, 6 weeks in a row, and 300k+ for like 10 weeks

Happy also sold 300k+ for like 8 consecutive weeks.

This was the norm for #1 smash hits during 2013/2014, it hasn't even really been 5 years yet but these sales are impossible today.

7 minutes ago, Adonis said:

The streaming numbers are weighted based on where they come from. Which streams did you have that were paid vs. non paid? Maybe you need to adjust your models to account for that. 

That change will be made eventually but it hasn’t been made yet

1 minute ago, Starkboy said:

not happening

Yeah. Closer is at 2.91-2.92 M, so it'll reach 3 M before the end of 2018. UK Mix had Despacito with 2.67 M at the end of 2017, which I think BB had too. But it's barely in the Top 100 at ITunes now.

4 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

I remember when I first started following BB in 2013 and the #1 songs were monster sellers for WEEKS.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Blurred Lines do 400k+, 6 weeks in a row, and 300k+ for like 10 weeks

This was the norm for #1 smash hits during 2013/2014, it hasn't even really been 5 years yet but these sales are impossible today.

Yeah, I remember when I started following the charts ~250k seemed like bare minimum weekly sales to be at number one. :rip: 

Edited by TSLGNMA

7 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

another week in top 2 for queen camila.

now let's get that #1, stans of the new queen!

Keep streaming, sis :gaycat1:

6 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

Yeah. Even in early 2015, UF had seven straight weeks of 300k downloads, and UF has now pulled well ahead of BL & Happy. But, barring a miracle, those days have long since come and gone.

I refuse to believe havana has the lead for #1 until the #1 is actually hers. Ed is so desperate I know he has another trick up his sleeve. I wouldn’t put it past him to literally die to get that sales boost to block Havana :jonny5:

14 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

@simmnfierzig are early predictions coming today? Im really perched to see the race between Havana and Perfect :dancehall2:

Yes

Waiting on that top 10 article from today with the numbers

39 minutes ago, ATRL's WP Magnet said:

Cardi :clap3:

"One Hit Wonder STATUS" DEBUNKED!!! 

She isn´t a OHW on US but in the rest of the world... well at least we know her name :cm:

5 minutes ago, infrared said:

I know. I guess she deserves it after all the failed promo singles, payola, etc. Never has a single been so rammed down our throats since Million Reasons :-*

all the hate she gets for trying :rip: A new artist has tried really hard & put in so much work to make Havana a hit, cool, never realised it was a Bad Thing to do everyhing that you possibly can to be a success & achieve your dreams. :heart2:

2 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

I refuse to believe havana has the lead for #1 until the #1 is actually hers. Ed is so desperate I know he has another trick up his sleeve. I wouldn’t put it past him to literally die to get that sales boost to block Havana :jonny5:

how is Ed desperate when Havana has 3 versions (a remix being of them) all discounted this week while Perfect is full price? :huh:

plus the song is #9 on TTH while Perfect is #48 :huh:

Yes

Waiting on that top 10 article from today with the numbers

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8094379/ed-sheeran-bruno-mars-cardi-b-justin-timberlake-hot-100-top-10

you mean this one?