HDD: #1 Camila 109K; Showman 105K

iHype.

• ATRL Moderator
16 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

she cant sit with the big girls with a 45k debut. On the back of a huge smash and lots of publicity. She's looking like a 3rd tier popgirl right now. and if sales drop drastically in coming weeks she is pretty much in Fifth harmony territory as far as album sales go.

6 minutes ago, SilencePlease said:

45k after that HUGE campaign to become the next main popgurl. No one wanted her. :deadbanana4:

It's projected an 80k debut tho? :confused:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lukey

• Bentley

• rac7d

• Harranger

Most of us expected 30-35k in pure sales and 55-65k overall, so these numbers are great overall!

K94H5QQ.jpg

I did all I could for my queen. This is all Target had left. :'(

Why are you guys overreacting so much omg :biblio: 

didn’t Sia debut at #1 with 49k in total? :biblio: yet you are all calling her the queen? :biblio: 

some of you are so petty. People were expecting her to be top 5, and now that she is a contender for the top spot she is getting dragged for not selling enough. This is a new artist for most people. I think top 2 is really impressive and don’t y’all act like you knew she was going number 1 for sure.

2 hours ago, KORDEI said:

45k pure copies. Only about 13k more than 5H’s self-titled album but with 20x the promotion (the campaign started before the summer of 2017), a huge hit single that is close to #1 on the charts and super long pre-order period?! Havana Oh HA HA!

We're in January, sis

9WBOeTx.gif

These #’s are truly tragic. But that’s what it deserves. 

42 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

she cant sit with the big girls with a 45k debut. On the back of a huge smash and lots of publicity. She's looking like a 3rd tier popgirl right now. and if sales drop drastically in coming weeks she is pretty much in Fifth harmony territory as far as album sales go.

Fifth Harmony lasted 4 weeks on the bb200. Their album was a frontloaded flop. 

1 hour ago, DELE2125 said:

Meghan having an EP that already contained several songs that she released AGAIN in "Title", and the latter still selling tons is actually impressive :dies: And is a fact that right now Camila is a more known artist than Meghan was back then. A let's not forget that even tho, the sales climate is lower in 2018, that's why SPS is for in this day and age. She should compensate the low sales with streaming, which in Meghan's case would be the weak point (since, you know, streaming wasn't as big three years ago), but she still managed to open with 238k SPS. The fact that Camila's debut album is doing less (SPS included) than Meghan's second album, which was negatively received and had WAY less radio and Streaming support, speaks volumes!

KbiA0Xr.gif

Meghan’s Music is HAC candy made for soccer Moms, obviously she’s gonna sell differently than Camila. Rihanna has 7 albums that sold less than Meghan’s, and one that tied its numbers. Are you gonna claim Rihanna isn’t as big as her either?

Edited by RudeBoyy

20 minutes ago, Bentley said:

K94H5QQ.jpg

I did all I could for my queen. This is all Target had left. :'(

Are you gifting? I'll take one if you can spare

Incredible how a certain fanbase is pulling the “payola” thing to undermine a #1-2 album with a #2 single :ahh: I’m amazed at the ways y’all be trying to undermine Mila yet every single time she manages to exceed 

54 minutes ago, FAN said:

One of the Boys, Music of the Sun and The Fame didn't debut at #1 either and look how things turned out for all of them? If you have an album full of hits then you're fine.

They also were unknown. Camila is from a group. She’s like when JT and Beyoncé debuted. 

3 minutes ago, TattooedDreams said:

They also were unknown. Camila is from a group. She’s like when JT and Beyoncé debuted. 

:ahh:

Are you comparing NSYNC and Destinys Child to... Fifth Harmony :rip: Beyonce did not manage to outsell all her groups past albums in the first week, Camila is.

Edited by RudeBoyy

Just now, RudeBoyy said:

:ahh:

Are you comparing NSYNC and Destinys Child to... Fifth Harmony :rip: Beyonce did not manage to outsell all 

Okay but Zayn also. Y’all laughed at his debut after his #1 hit so it’s like this I guess. 

Incredible how a certain fanbase is pulling the “payola” thing to undermine a #1-2 album with a #2 single :ahh: I’m amazed at the ways y’all be trying to undermine Mila yet every single time she manages to exceed 

How is she “fighting for #1” when it clearly looks like she’s gonna debut there? 80k (if true) is actually pretty great for a debut album...

3 hours ago, Ethereal said:

Yeah you expected, you also predicted Demi to open with 150k sales so no one was going to take your comments seriously But we expected 70k for Camila :heart2: 

I never predicted anything for Demi wth :skull: 

4 minutes ago, TattooedDreams said:

Okay but Zayn also. Y’all laughed at his debut after his #1 hit so it’s like this I guess. 

Who laughed? Also he failed to match his former groups numbers while Camila is outdoing all of their first weeks and specifically their last first week by almost double. Out of Zayn, Bey and JT Camila has the worst launchpad, Fifth Harmonys album sales were always awful.

Great numbers for a new artist that debuted in streaming era.

24 minutes ago, NavyBlue said:

These #’s are truly tragic. But that’s what it deserves. 

giphy.gif

These numbers are not "truly tragic" lol

29 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

Are you gifting? I'll take one if you can spare

Ill gift you on itunes. Pm me your email

14 minutes ago, EriKills said:

How is she “fighting for #1” when it clearly looks like she’s gonna debut there? 80k (if true) is actually pretty great for a debut album...

Not clear enough for HDD :rip: 

23 minutes ago, EriKills said:

Greatest showman could do 100k again for 3rd week. We dont know what numbers are looking like for that yet.

Edited by Bentley

4 hours ago, Ethereal said:

Her manager’s very rich and doesn’t mind splashing out money on his artist as managers should do :clap3: Epic has done nothing for her :rip: 

Genuine question:  Why would she be part of a label that isn't putting up any $$ for her?

OT: Again, these are very solid numbers

Edited by Rotunda