HDD: #1 Camila 109K; Showman 105K

iHype.

33 minutes ago, Lukey said:

a) y'all keep trying it with this payola excuse but it doesn't make a damn difference. 

b) it doesn't matter if she was a part of 5H and had a couple of hits with them, they were never album sellers themselves with big hits and you don't just sell an album with one hit... Look at Rachel Platten, Fight Song was a huge success and yet Wildfire didn't exactly light up the charts. 

c) meghan had an EP prior to the album and two hits (AATB and LAM) and guess what? The sales climate has got worse since 2015 (three years ago)

............but you knew all this

oJ0CVPn.gif

Meghan having an EP that already contained several songs that she released AGAIN in "Title", and the latter still selling tons is actually impressive :dies: And is a fact that right now Camila is a more known artist than Meghan was back then. A let's not forget that even tho, the sales climate is lower in 2018, that's why SPS is for in this day and age. She should compensate the low sales with streaming, which in Meghan's case would be the weak point (since, you know, streaming wasn't as big three years ago), but she still managed to open with 238k SPS. The fact that Camila's debut album is doing less (SPS included) than Meghan's second album, which was negatively received and had WAY less radio and Streaming support, speaks volumes!

KbiA0Xr.gif

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lukey

• Bentley

• rac7d

• Harranger

1 hour ago, KORDEI said:

45k pure copies. Only about 13k more than 5H’s self-titled album but with 20x the promotion (the campaign started before the summer of 2017), a huge hit single that is close to #1 on the charts and super long pre-order period?! Havana Oh HA HA!

:fan:

Make those racists fume

13 minutes ago, Miguel! said:

Ok, do you actually have proof of that, or...?

Reveal hidden contents

I love how stans love to bring in others fave when they don't have an argument to defend theirs and need to save face :fan: 

giphy.gif

Guess he didn't have any proof and instead had to make a thread about it... 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, gettsleazy said:

Girl no matter what Camila herself says you KNOW she did not write the payola Cheques this era. There’s no way an artist like her could afford a campaign like this with their own bank. :rip: 

She probably put a considerable amount of her own money into the era. A lot of stars put their own money into their debuts, be it their wealth they already have or their profits from their first era. Look at Rihanna, TLC, Lady Gaga, etc. It’s part of why smash debut eras are never really that profitable for artists - Britney made much more money from her third album than her debut with one less tour, singles that sold less than one release from her first era and an album that sold less than half as many copies. Smart artists usually invest with their first eras to profit from the subsequent releases.

1 hour ago, gettsleazy said:

Doesn’t negate that fact that these numbers are dismal for an artist of her caliber. Fifth Harmony WAS successful, no matter which way you spin it. She has one of the biggest songs on the planet right now and has large name recognition, and this promotional campaign has been going on since the early months of the summer.

With her level of celebrity and her SMASH single she should be pulling 100k SPS+ minimum. 43k pure is really bad.

These aren’t bad for a female. The Chainsmokers, with multiple smashes out before their release, needed a ticket bundle to even break 100k (they did 166k pure) in Q2 of 2017. What were you expecting from Camila?

23 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

With all that payola and only this? 

The way ATRL makes up payola rumors and then openly stans artists actually found guilty of it is such a kii. 

2 minutes ago, BoyAlmighty said:

Guess he didn't have any proof and instead had to make a thread about it... 

giphy.gif

Poor thing, desperate for some attention :!ohno:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Miguel! said:

Poor thing, desperate for some attention :!ohno:

giphy.gif

So desperate that he just made ANOTHER thread :!ohno: 

giphy.gif

She's outdoing 5H's last era's total in her debut week :skull: No wonder people are fuming. 

These are fine, most new pop artists will probably debut with numbers like these now, but I am laughing because of how cocky her fans got. This will put them in their place hopefully.

Every sales prediction thread went like this:

A) a troll saying 5m+

B) stans saying 50k-70k

C) haters saying she'd be lucky to get 20k pure

I don't really see what all of the commotion is about. This is better than expected. 

Y'all said Havana was a faceless hit, but now you expect it to sale the album into 200k+ #s? ATRL gets more unfortunate everyday.

I'm completely content with these #s considering I was hoping for 50k SPS and now she could do close to that in pure. I'm sure the Camila base agrees with me. 

3 hours ago, YR. said:

Now HOLD UP. ATRL told me a different story

Right?

These numbers are actually higher than I expected BUT from the way her fans hype her up, she should be clearing at least 100K+ SPS easily, right? Especially since these predictions are likely to drop as the week goes on.

This is so bad. I bet her label was wanting way more they way Havana smashed. Main pop girl where?

2 minutes ago, Ashley Banks said:

Right?

These numbers are actually higher than I expected BUT from the way her fans hype her up, she should be clearing at least 100K+ SPS easily, right? Especially since these predictions are likely to drop as the week goes on.

No not right. You're fabricating things that aren't there to fit a ridiculous narrative. 

5 minutes ago, Miss Bank$ said:

This is so bad. I bet her label was wanting way more they way Havana smashed. Main pop girl where?

Her label wasn't even believing in Havana as a single at first. :deadbanana: 

Pretty sure Camila and them are happy with the performance of the album so far, so whatever.

One of the Boys, Music of the Sun and The Fame didn't debut at #1 either and look how things turned out for all of them? If you have an album full of hits then you're fine.

she cant sit with the big girls with a 45k debut. On the back of a huge smash and lots of publicity. She's looking like a 3rd tier popgirl right now. and if sales drop drastically in coming weeks she is pretty much in Fifth harmony territory as far as album sales go.

Why is ATRL so desperate to pretend she’s a main pop girl lmao. Oh well- good for

her, I guess? :2ndplace:

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Considering she had a #2 hit, those sales are TERRIBLE :deadbanana:

And the fact that she and Ariana, unlike Demi, will be OVER by their 6th album (which Demi released in 2017) :deadbanana:

Longevity truly won

6 albums in and still hasn’t gotten a top five hit

giphy.gif

SilencePlease

45k after that HUGE campaign to become the next main popgurl. No one wanted her. :deadbanana4:

Wait people are actually dragging her? I thought everyone was saying "she'd be lucky to sell 30k" uhhhhhhhh :deadbanana4: