Kworb: Finesse 92k, Filthy 80k

Heart.me

liberalmusiclover
2 hours ago, Johnny Cash said:

Wait so Beyonce's version of Perfect only sold 14k? Why is Billboard still crediting her when even the Andrea Bocelli version is selling more? :huh:

Interesting question, since Britney Spears was only credited on “S&M” the week it went #1, Missy Elliot never received credit for Katy Perry’s “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)” since it never outsold the original, and John Legend never got any credit for Sam Smith’s “Lay Me Down” either... why isn’t Andrea Bocelli credited for Perfect?

The original solo version of perfect is the biggest selling-version, the most-streamed version, and the most-played version on radio...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TattooedDreams

• JoshSpears1805

• Torturo

• Yog

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

2013: Britney Jean vs 20/20 Experience. 

2016: Make Me vs Can’t Stop The Feeling

In 2018 one is gearing up for the Super Bowl and the other is just leaving Vegas. You’re really trying to argue that Britney is bigger than Justin because of a 16k difference? 

:deadbanana2:

liberalmusiclover
15 minutes ago, Eternium said:

JT’s single also had a radio deal but it debuted with a music video. It’s sad that his fourth album’s lead sold less than Britney’s nineth album’s lead that didn’t receive a video in its release week.

His fourth album will fail to live up to Britney’s, he’ll never catch up to her overall career and his image is in a nosedive. I’ve been hearing from his fans since 2003 that he’s going to be bigger than Britney Spears but here we are in 2018 and, well, 80k :fan: 

We’ll see what Filthy did in SPS.

People acting surprised when sales are below 2006 levels now. :rip:

So Perfect will be #1 :eek:  

Bruno was not geting that #1. Digitally

JT 80k is really great watch this being one of the biggest debuts of the year (Sales are dead) 

So Perfect will top the digital sales chart again. :rip:

If it does, it will be the longest consecutive stay at #1 on the Digital Songs chart by a lead female since 2012. 

Edited by ThirdWardBey

2 hours ago, Johnny Cash said:

Wait so Beyonce's version of Perfect only sold 14k? Why is Billboard still crediting her when even the Andrea Bocelli version is selling more? :huh:

Y’all continue to ask the same question each week only for Beyoncé to still be credited the next week. Billboard is not changing the credits, move along. The Andrea version never had more than 50% of the combined sales, which is why he is not credited. 

2 hours ago, ThirdWardBey said:

Y’all continue to ask the same question each week only for Beyoncé to still be credited the next week. Billboard is not changing the credits, move along. The Andrea version never had more than 50% of the combined sales, which is why he is not credited. 

I hadn't asked the question before because I hadn't noticed. Beyonce's version is not selling more than either version so clearly it shouldn't be credited anymore. Your defensive response just shows that you KNOW it shouldn't be but go along only because it is your fave :zzz: 

ppl are preordering the album

see you in the HDD thread

jeqvsdy0drm5.gif

Why didn't Bruno's team just wait. :ace: I want that #1 for Cardi. It'll probably still get there but a #1 debut would have been nice for her. It could still happen though. 

5 hours ago, JoshSpears1805 said:

Make me by Britney sold 96k in first week. So britney won in the end

yeah, no. Sales have dramatically declined in the last two years so don't try it sis cause if Brit releases a song this year, it would be lucky to push 70K.

This is obviously not his best performing single, but to call it a flop is dumb. It's not like his sales are dismal and he has some massive promo coming our way which will help the song stabilize or grow.

5 hours ago, calm_down said:

Could there be more than 10 songs above 100k in pure sales in 2018? 

Congrat to both :clap3:

Well, in 2017, only 11 songs managed to sell over 100k pure, so, I don't think that in the declining 2018's climate more than 7 songs can make it :rip:

I have a feeling that "Finesse" will sell like 5-7k more than that.

"Perfect" selling 100k+ for a fifth week :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

5 hours ago, JoshSpears1805 said:

we shall see

I cannot with your delusions :rip:

OT: Good for Cardi :clap3: 

3 hours ago, TattooedDreams said:

It’s his 5th by the way and 8th overall lol. He’s still had more longevity than her without quick peaks and fizzles. Not to mention bigger since 2003. NSYNC was also bigger in many aspects in their teen pop phases. 

*NSYNC sold less in their seven eras WW than Britney’s first two albums. They were incredibly local to the U.S. :lmao: Britney never had a career refresh but her first album outdid JT’s debut, her second outdid his second, her third outdid his third and now her fourth looks like a juggernaut compared to his that’s debuting with CTTR-esque stats. 

3 hours ago, Ari29 said:

2013: Britney Jean vs 20/20 Experience. 

2016: Make Me vs Can’t Stop The Feeling

In 2018 one is gearing up for the Super Bowl and the other is just leaving Vegas. You’re really trying to argue that Britney is bigger than Justin because of a 16k difference? 

I’m arguing that Britney’s bigger than Justin because her fourth album didn’t struggle to hit 10M album equivalents WW and his will be lucky to do 3M. Britney left Vegas with an extra $120M in gross, articles on her influence on both performers and the economic environment of Vegas and a restored public image after FF/BJ. JT’s going in to the Super Bowl with his image in pieces and Janet on the tips of American tongues for the first time in a decade and a half - you better hope he brings her out or this year could be really problematic for him.

3 hours ago, liberalmusiclover said:

We’ll see what Filthy did in SPS.

Hopefully better than MM. He released his video and has taken 5 years to get this follow-up out.

2 hours ago, ThirdWardBey said:

Because by Billboard’s rules a Remix is only credited if it accounts for 51% or more of a song’s chart points. Beyonce’s Remix only had more chart points in its first week and should only be credited for one week. It isn’t rocket science.

10 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

Well, in 2017, only 11 songs managed to sell over 100k pure, so, I don't think that in the declining 2018's climate more than 7 songs can make it :rip:

I have a feeling that "Finesse" will sell like 5-7k more than that.

"Perfect" selling 100k+ for a fifth week :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

11 songs  :skull:

2018 at least there will be one song over 100k during the week of JT’s Super Bowl :skull:

14 minutes ago, Eternium said:

*NSYNC sold less in their seven eras WW than Britney’s first two albums. They were incredibly local to the U.S. :lmao: Britney never had a career refresh but her first album outdid JT’s debut, her second outdid his second, her third outdid his third and now her fourth looks like a juggernaut compared to his that’s debuting with CTTR-esque stats. 

I’m arguing that Britney’s bigger than Justin because her fourth album didn’t struggle to hit 10M album equivalents WW and his will be lucky to do 3M. Britney left Vegas with an extra $120M in gross, articles on her influence on both performers and the economic environment of Vegas and a restored public image after FF/BJ. JT’s going in to the Super Bowl with his image in pieces and Janet on the tips of American tongues for the first time in a decade and a half - you better hope he brings her out or this year could be really problematic for him.

Hopefully better than MM. He released his video and has taken 5 years to get this follow-up out.

Because by Billboard’s rules a Remix is only credited if it accounts for 51% or more of a song’s chart points. Beyonce’s Remix only had more chart points in its first week and should only be credited for one week. It isn’t rocket science.

CLOCK HA!!!

tenor.gif

37 minutes ago, calm_down said:

11 songs  :skull:

2018 at least there will be one song over 100k during the week of JT’s Super Bowl :skull:

Actually, there were 13 songs (I forgot "Castle On The Hill" and the charity single that top Digital Sales in October :skull:)

1. Shape Of You (240k, 120k, 104k, 115k, 115k, 200k, 147k, 141k, 116k, 104k)

2. Castle On The Hill (171k)

3. I Don't Wanna Live Forever (137k, 109k, 143k)

4. Million Reasons (149k)

5. Chained To The Rhythm (108k)

6. Humble (111k)

7. Sign Of The Times (142k)

8. I'm The One (171k)

9. Despacito (100k, 104k, 115k, 137k, 148k, 141k, 140k, 139k, 136k, 129k, 124k, 118k, 102k)

10. Look What You Made Me Do (353k, 114k)

11. ...Ready For It? (135k)

12. Almost Like Praying (111k)

13. Perfect (181k, 151k, 163k)

Edited by DELE2125

4 hours ago, ThirdWardBey said:

1 hour ago, Johnny Cash said:

I hadn't asked the question before because I hadn't noticed. Beyonce's version is not selling more than either version so clearly it shouldn't be credited anymore. Your defensive response just shows that you KNOW it shouldn't be but go along only because it is your fave :zzz: 

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

gather him..

the numbers are clear, Bey is doing less but still flaunting that most consecutive digital number1.. ?? OMG , we aren't fools we know Math and I'm afraid certain stans forget what Math is for the aake of stanning.

7 hours ago, paulyyyozd said:

a year and a half of difference on the music market is not that much in this case when you compare other circumstances. :michael:

Digital sales declined like a 30-40% in that time

Why you all still complaining about Beyonce being credited? I mean her version is still helping Ed holding into the top spot. 

we'll probably have like 5 songs selling +100k this year lol, these are good numbers. 

And even since last week, sales declined a lot.

2 3 3 3 2 3 Ed Sheeran - Perfect 1[29] 111 173 85k  64k -24%
3 4 4 4 4 4 Camila Cabello - Havana 1[7] 94 144 65k  46k -28%
8 6 6 6 6 5 Bebe Rexha & Florida Georgia Line - Meant to Be 5 51 131 43k   40k -6%
1 2 5 5 5 6 Imagine Dragons - Thunder 1[28] 126 252 88k  40k -54%
6 7 7 7 7 7 Post Malone - rockstar 1[7] 116 117 50k  37k  -25%

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.