• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TattooedDreams

• JoshSpears1805

• Torturo

• Yog

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, JoshSpears1805 said:

Britney didn't even have a proper video, or radio support or Superbowl or hype and still outsold 

my point is sales have dropped a lot since July 2016, plus JT's song is gonna debut in the top 10 anyways.

Just now, JoshSpears1805 said:

Britney didn't even have a proper video, or radio support or Superbowl or hype and still outsold 

Superbowl didn't happen yet :rip: 

why aren't you comparing his song from the same year which debuted with 380k?

what's up with those JT/Gaga comparisons :rip: 

& for some reason i expected JT to do less than 80k considering he's not doing well on iTunes, but it's still bad for his comeback lead single

JoshSpears1805
Just now, Torturo said:

that wasnt the lead of his next album

Daddies Bruno and Ed :clap3: 

I love when talent and sexiness wins :clap3: 

4 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Summer 2016 vs. Q1 2018 :rip:

a year and a half of difference on the music market is not that much in this case when you compare other circumstances. :michael:

Edited by paulyyyozd

1 minute ago, Torturo said:

but 122k is what he did in 8 days. you have to remove 8th day sales. So it would be like 110k or smtn

Yeah, probably 110-115k first week.

3 minutes ago, Torturo said:

not really (better than the cure cause of video and playlists but not phenomenal). Reason for high position is radio

Well i hope they work on radio too then :jonny: we need strong payola for the first week next time :'(

3 minutes ago, JoshSpears1805 said:

Make Me had a radio deal, a video and it features a trendy rapper. 

JT's album will outsell Glory in a week and his tour is gonna outrgross Britney's 5 years long residency in just months so keep it cute and stay in your lane. 

JoshSpears1805
Just now, Evolution said:

JT's album will outsell Glory in a week and his tour is gonna outrgross Britney's 5 years long residency in just months so keep it cute and stay in your lane. 

the video was not out first week

1 minute ago, JoshSpears1805 said:

that wasnt the lead of his next album

how does that matter? it was still his single, being lead just gives more hype, so he was at disadvantage

JoshSpears1805
1 minute ago, Evolution said:

we shall see

9 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Ed Sheeran being the top seller among the three of them

tmnjt-.gif

Bruno still won sis... a top 10 in 2016, 2017, and 2018 (next week) from 24K MAGIC which is like the first for a pop boy in this generation. Biggest male tour ever tbh. and continues to slay everyone.

ED is cute tho.

UofSWl4.gif

4 minutes ago, Torturo said:

mess, the fact that his last single was a massive, massive hit, and only a year ago, doesn't really help him in here :rip:

Make Me was released 3 years after.... Britney Jean

Edited by paulyyyozd

5 minutes ago, JoshSpears1805 said:

It was so low compared to other 2016 debuts LOL. Sales are much lower now too. in 2016 he did 379k and was #1 digital sales 10 week. 

OT: Good numbers for an experimental single not including pre order effect, amazon, the sales from his site from the tour club and other factors

No song has outsold CSTF or outdebuted it since its release by the way. 

Remember when everyone said that Bruno/Cardi didn't stand a chance at blocking the "almighty" Justin Timberlake?

giphy.gif

Wait so Beyonce's version of Perfect only sold 14k? Why is Billboard still crediting her when even the Andrea Bocelli version is selling more? :huh:

As far as JT goes, those are good numbers for such an experimental song and considering the pre-order effect that deflated the sales of the single. I'm not sure why Britney stans are here trying to compare her music with his.

7 minutes ago, Johnny Cash said:

Wait so Beyonce's version of Perfect only sold 14k? Why is Billboard still crediting her when even the Andrea Bocelli version is selling more? :huh:

As far as JT goes, those are good numbers for such an experimental song and considering the pre-order effect that deflated the sales of the single. I'm not sure why Britney stans are here trying to compare her music with his.

For the pre-order effect does it still count as a digital sale? (I know it doesn't on the song chart so he couldn't report it) but like are they redeemed upon album release or how does it work?

27 minutes ago, Henstridge said:

Not bad for such an experimental song :clap3:

Also people that already preordered the album weren't going to buy the song again, he doesn't have a rabid teen fanbase that only cares about charts 

And ALBUMS > SINGLES because some people can have 14 week #1 hits but still get blocked at #2. 

Edited by TattooedDreams

8 minutes ago, Johnny Cash said:

There’s literally only one person who is trying it. Not the entire base. :skull: 

20 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

my point is sales have dropped a lot since July 2016, plus JT's song is gonna debut in the top 10 anyways.

Something many singles failed to do and artists haven't done in 5 years. But anyways.... he's 22 years in and has nothing to prove. 

6 #1's

18 Top 5's

23 Top 10's

:celestial3:

2 minutes ago, TattooedDreams said:

And ALBUMS > SINGLES because some people can have 15 week #1 hits but still get blocked at #2. 

does getting blocked at #2 REALLY matter when your album smashes anyway and re-peaks at #2 13 weeks into its chart run and sells 1m pure, which is a rare feat nowadays, and ends up at #2 on the year end chart?

34 minutes ago, ATRL's WP Magnet said:

Finesse would've sold 122k in full week :jonny:

That's fantastic :jonny:

JT not even outselling Perfect Illusion first week ... In fact, he may not even pass The Cure's first 5-day week :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.