Billboard Charts (December 31 - January 6, 2018)

iHype.

55 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

Ed will surpass her in Radio and build a lead starting from tomorrow. He also has a 35% lead over her in iTunes...

Yes but she’s leading on YT & Spotify and the gap between them on itunes and radio is not big at all

Edited by Daydreamin

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

• brianc33710

16 minutes ago, ARTPØP said:

Super Early Predictions~

8. LOVE. (+3) 

10. New Rules (+2)

omg please :duca:

Can I ask something? When all this old songs have free fall? After the 7 of january?

Wasps said Perfect was a quick lil single and it woul'nt get more than a week at #1.

What's up.

1 hour ago, UNNAMI said:

I am not Cardi B hater and I am happy that we have new rap girl, because if there's more girls in that genre than someone like Nicki Minaj is not lazy and have to something better, competition is good.

But let's no jump into conclusions yet, Cardi is there for like half a year and we don't know if she will be here for more or she will be like Iggy (probably not because Iggy messed up with pop music); also Iggy was more global.

(also I am not a fan of Iggy, but I can be objective)

Girl gon' somewhere with that. She could be like Nicki or Iggy and the current stats we are discussing are still impressive.

Let the girl have her moment

1jkil0.jpg

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

They both have one #1 and a further two top 10s... Iggy's were also global. Cardi's, not so much.

I don't get the comparisons.

Once Iggy hit #1 for Fancy she was an automatic target because she achieved something that no other female or almost no male crossover rapper achieved.

She did something very few white "urban" acts could do so quickly slay on pop and then hit #1 on urban.

Cardi's comeup has more of an underdog that people like. She owns her surgery and she's not dealing with nearly as much backlash...even though some comments might warrant more backlash than she receives.

Cardi has more room to grow. Iggy could come with the hardest bars and the urban community was never going to accept her because despite 90% of the rappers being dead wack and are doing more harm to the youth than good...a white woman coming in the game was "infiltrating" the game or whatever. Iggy should have just gone the flo rida/pit bull route and got her coins.

Cardi has the ability to grow on pop and on urban so the situation is a little different. Cardi doesn't have a target on her back yet (maybe by 2019) but right now she's in a MUCH better place than Iggy even if Iggy did everything right she'd still face the mess from the rap community

1jkil0.jpg

omg what? Love is becoming a hit????

I thought the GP already knew about it from DAMN's release way back :eek:

Is this all the video effect or are they pushing it hard on radio now too?

Beyoncé won.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, ARTPØP said:

10. New Rules (+2)

OMG I would die :jonny2: 

57 minutes ago, Yog said:

King Of Longevity Remains Unbothered.

It's 13 weeks in the top 10, right? :clap3:

Just now, Agenor said:

It's 13 weeks in the top 10, right? :clap3:

Pretty Much... :deadbanana2:

It's amazing back in September ATRL thought TGAG wouldn't serve longevity or just downright flop :deadbanana2:

KING ALWAYS WINS 

k9dZTol.gif

8 minutes ago, Yog said:

Pretty Much... :deadbanana2:

It's amazing back in September ATRL thought TGAG wouldn't serve longevity or just downright flop :deadbanana2:

KING ALWAYS WINS 

Has he even performed it in the US?

Imagine a performance effect  :lmao:

Just now, Sinister said:

Has he Ben performed it in the US?

Imagine a performance effect 

He Performed In Ellen, Fallon, Jimmy, SNL and Jingle Ball. 

I think the single has pretty done it's course tbh.. 

35 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Cardi B biggest potential problem chart wise,i the s one kf over exposure, and too much too soon at the begging of a career.

chart history is full of acts thst landed big and hard on the charts, and hen were ignored by radio and media as a result within a year.

there have been very few exceptions to that over the decades, probably counted on one hand.

so the mods can give me all the warning points they want for simply stating that she will probably suffer the same fate as Ashanti.  It's simply fact  supported by 60 years of chart history.

Ashanti being over exposed is not the reason she flop + she wasn’t still getting hits and going platinum over a year later so your theory is flawed. 

Also, you can definitely count on more than one hand the artists that were spammed on their debut but still had success afterwards

9 minutes ago, Yog said:

Pray should be next single 

Just now, Monster Megamind said:

Pray should be next single 

Can't was a promo single. :!ohno:

HIM, Midnight Train and Baby, You Drive Me Crazy are very likely choices.

10 minutes ago, Yog said:

Oh...okay

I missed those

Yeah...the single did it's job

I'm waiting for "Baby, You Make Me Crazy" and "Say It First" to be released

2 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Oh...okay

I missed those

Yeah...the single did it's job

I'm waiting for "Baby, You Make Me Crazy" and "Say It First" to be released

This and Midnight Train are SO radio friendly, there hits in a making. 

49 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Cardi B biggest potential problem chart wise,i the s one kf over exposure, and too much too soon at the begging of a career.

chart history is full of acts thst landed big and hard on the charts, and hen were ignored by radio and media as a result within a year.

there have been very few exceptions to that over the decades, probably counted on one hand.

so the mods can give me all the warning points they want for simply stating that she will probably suffer the same fate as Ashanti.  It's simply fact  supported by 60 years of chart history.

Ashanti was big for half the decade. R&B decline in the mid 2000s is more of the reason.

10 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Umm no.  Mid 2001 with a feature, then 2002 and 2003 pretty much wrapped her top 10 career.  She had 2 1/2, maybe 3 years at a stretch.

Her last top 40 hit was in 2008. She also had hits in 2004. So as I’ve said half the decade. You originally stated one year of success and then flopping. So i stand corrected.