Billboard Charts (December 31 - January 6, 2018)

iHype.

Cardi B Joins The Beatles & Ashanti With First 3 Hot 100 Hits in Top 10 Simultaneously; Ed Sheeran & Beyonce's 'Perfect' No. 1

cardi-b-live-red-smile-2017-a-billboard-1548.jpg

Cardi B becomes just the third act – and the first rapper – to place her first three Billboard Hot 100 entries in the chart's top 10 simultaneously, joining only The Beatles and Ashanti in achieving the feat.

The Bronx rapper earns the honor as G-Eazy's "No Limit," featuring A$AP Rocky and Cardi B, lifts from No. 5 to a No. 4 high on the new Jan. 6-dated Hot 100; Migos, Nicki Minaj and Cardi B's No. 6-peaking "MotorSport" holds at No. 7; and Cardi B's former three-week No. 1 debut smash "Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)" returns to the top 10, rising 12-10.

As Cardi B places at Nos. 4, 7 and 10 on the Hot 100, she joins elite company in ranking in the top 10 with her first three charted titles in the same week.

The Beatles first tripled up at the heights of early Beatlemania, as, on the Hot 100s dated Feb. 29, March 7 and March 14, 1964, their first three entries all charted in the top 10 together. In the last of those three frames, the band monopolized the top three, with their first three hits at Nos. 1, 2 and 3, respectively: "I Want to Hold Your Hand," "She Loves You" and "Please Please Me."

The feat remained unmatched for 38 years, until Ashanti reached the Hot 100's top 10 with her first three charted titles simultaneously. On March 30 and April 6, 2002, she appeared in the tier with her own "Foolish" and as featured on Fat Joe's "What's Luv?" and Ja Rule's "Always on Time."

Hot 100 - Top Ten:

1. Perfect (=)

2. Rockstar (=)

3. Havana (=)

4. No Limit (+1)

5. Thunder (+1)

6. Gucci Gang (-2)

7. MotorSport (=)

8. Too Good at Goodbyes (=)

9. Bad at Love (+1)

10. Bodak Yellow (+2)

11. LOVE. (+11)

12. New Rules (+1)

14. Bartier Carti (DEBUT)

Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200, Huncho Jack Debuts at No. 3

taylor-swift-z100-jingle-ball-2017-billboard-1548.jpg

Taylor Swift’s Reputation returns to No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart for a fourth nonconsecutive week, as the set steps 2-1 in its seventh week on the list. Reputation earned 107,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Dec. 28, according to Nielsen Music (down 19 percent). Of that sum, 79,000 were in traditional album sales (down 24 percent).

Rising two spots to No. 2 is Ed Sheeran’s ÷ (Divide) with 92,000 units (up 2 percent), as the set’s single “Perfect” continues to find new fans. The song spent its third week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 dated Jan. 3.

Coming in at No. 3 on the new Billboard 200 is Huncho Jack, the new duo project from rappers Travis Scott and Migos Quavo. The pair’s Huncho Jack, Jack Huncho, debuts with 90,000 units, of which 17,000 were in traditional album sales. The album is powered largely by streams of the set, as it earns 70,000 SEA units (equaling 105.3 million on-demand audio streams of the album’s songs during the week).

Eminem’s Revival falls from No. 1 to No. 4 in its second week with 84,000 units (down 68 percent).

# Artist Album Change Units % chg
1 Taylor Swift Reputation +1 107,000 -19%
2 Ed Sheeran Divide +2 92,000 +2%
3 Travis Scott & Quavo Huncho Jack, Jack Huncho DEBUT 90,000 --
4 Eminem Revival -3 84,000 -68%
5 Soundtrack The Greatest Showman +58 77,000 +418%
6 Pentatonix A Pentatonix Christmas -1 55,000 -26%
7 Sam Smith The Thrill Of It All = 52,000 -14%
8 G-Eazy The Beautiful & Damned -5 50,000 -59%
9 Kendrick Lamar DAMN. +7 47,000 +31%
10 Post Malone Stoney +3 44,000 +15%

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

• brianc33710

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas. Probably the final #1 week now really, but 4 is not that terrible

Can Divide go away please :ace:

That thing is going #1 next week isnt it :ace:

Edited by simmnfierzig

Eminem #4. :rip:

Not bad for Travis/Quavo. I was hoping for #1 though

ugh Ed will probably go #1 next week :biblio:

Eminem though :rip:

Edited by State of Grace.

omg yas Taylor! not a single week under 100k so far and now a 4th week on top! :clap3: 

5 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

Yeah. With Ed's SPS boost from this past week, I bet Divide indeed returns to #1. I don't know if any significant new albums went on sale Friday though, so I might have missed something.

5 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas. Probably the final #1 week now really, but 4 is not that terrible

Wait! Let's wait to see what affect End Game Music video has (if and when released). Even if Billboard doesn't count!

Reputation is doing so well in the US!

G-Eazy is doing amazing aswell, new it rapper confirmed?

1 minute ago, brianc33710 said:

Yeah. With its SPS boost from this past week, I bet Divide returns to #1. I don't know if any significant new albums went on sale Friday though, so I might have missed something.

There is nothing on iTunes...

Divide is #2 behind The Greatest Showman soundtrack which doesn't have the SPS to compete

1 minute ago, TayGod said:

Wait! Let's wait to see what affect End Game Music video has (if and when released). Even if Billboard doesn't count!

Um. You expect the video this week? With the tracking week alredy half over?

3 minutes ago, bluejay said:

HDD wasn't wrong this time :jonny5:

Eminem tho :!ohno:

People need to STOP with Ed omg :biblio:

Falling 1-4 isn't bad compared to most of the second-week declines in the last year. Then again, we're talking about Eminem. So he's seriously underperforming so far this era.

Ed will probably return to #1 after all this time :rip:

Great numbers for Taylor but I need 2 more weeks at #1 somehow. Is rep the longest running #1 album of the year yet?

I'm actually a fan of Ed. Seen him live before, own his albums and **** but what the ****? How? Divide is for real not a good album. I have no idea how it has this much staying power.

92K for Ed :jonny: 

Next week Ginger Legend could be #1 :duca:  All his songs are climbing on itunes and the album is #2.

Edited by Green

Taylor got the last #1 of the year? What a QUEEN :duca: